AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Interesting Article about Groceries in Different Countries

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Interesting Article about Groceries in Different Countri

That was cool!

I was surprised by how many drinks some families bought; I feel like I so rarely buy beverages! I guess if I had kids it might be different but some people had so much juice, lol.

Right? I buy wine, coffee and dry tea. People buy so much soda!

Yep. Much surprise on the soda front. I met a girl once who didn't drink water... she only drank soda. Those peeps exist.

Also that there was no Kraft Dinner in the Canadian household. :p

Reactions: Gen

SeraTonix said:
Yep. Much surprise on the soda front. I met a girl once who didn't drink water... she only drank soda. Those peeps exist.

Also that there was no Kraft Dinner in the Canadian household. :p
The Canadian mother looks like a Latina, so that would explain the lack of KD. It's also not that central to most French-Canadians' diets.

Reactions: SinSeraTea

I would have liked to see some kind of ... like "this is a family who fits the median income level for their country"

Id also be really curious to see like.. 3 photos from each country representing the Higher income, low income and middle for each country. I think there'd be some scary differences there too.

Miss_Lollipop said:
I would have liked to see some kind of ... like "this is a family who fits the median income level for their country"

Id also be really curious to see like.. 3 photos from each country representing the Higher income, low income and middle for each country. I think there'd be some scary differences there too.

I agree with this! That'd be very different.

I think some of those people bought healthier food than normal, there was an awful lot of healthy stuff in most of those pictures.

charlottecummings said:
Oh, jeez, USA, why?

China looks like a place I'd want to start a family.

And I was excited to see Mali, because that's one place I really want to visit.

Any particular reason why you would want to visit Mali? It is one of the most dangerous countries in the world.

I find articles like this interesting. Always neat to see how other countries live in comparison. The crazy thing is the US spends less, as a percentage of income, on food than any other country in the world. http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2012/01/america-food-spending-less Most of that is due to government subsidies that keep many of our food prices artificially low.

Just Me said:
charlottecummings said:
Oh, jeez, USA, why?

China looks like a place I'd want to start a family.

And I was excited to see Mali, because that's one place I really want to visit.

Any particular reason why you would want to visit Mali? It is one of the most dangerous countries in the world.

I find articles like this interesting. Always neat to see how other countries live in comparison. The crazy thing is the US spends less, as a percentage of income, on food than any other country in the world. http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2012/01/america-food-spending-less Most of that is due to government subsidies that keep many of our food prices artificially low.

But the US has one of the highest average incomes in the world, right? So wouldn't it make sense for them to spend more? If you make $100 and I make $10, and we each spend $5 on food, my percentage would be much higher.

GenXoxo said:
But the US has one of the highest average incomes in the world, right? So wouldn't it make sense for them to spend more? If you make $100 and I make $10, and we each spend $5 on food, my percentage would be much higher.

Top 10 salaries per country.

Since Obama took office, the number of people on food stamps has dramatically increased. If milk was not subsidized by the government, Americans would be paying $8 a gallon. See my sig.

ENmkntG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.