AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Internet speed

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2019
California
Has anyone ever noticed a change in income or traffic when they upgraded their internet speed? I know for a fact that my slow Internet is effecting me pretty badly so I decided to get cable internet installed on my computer cause I heard it's faster than wireless internet.

If you have been streaming with wireless, yes get cable or fiber. then get yourself an ethernet cord. Your stream will be more stable and able to at higher quality.

remember with streaming, your upload speed is what matters more than download.

Reactions: Lelo1
you mean in room's traffic ?
on my part, if a model changes her setup, I don't feel "at home" and have to re-adapt or leave if I'm not in love :/
so, you can lose some and need time to get new ones

a beloved room has a very very bad internet, that puts a special mood in her room. I do not want that she "improve" that too soon...

I had an ethernet adapter die on my laptop and though it looked from my side that my stream quality was still good apparently it was all over the place and my growth kind of stalled. As I've upgraded both internet and my room I've definitely noticed a jump in popularity. Even the switch from broadcasting with Flash to OBS has been a major improvement on traffic and regulars.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lelo1
on my part, if a model changes her setup, I don't feel "at home" and have to re-adapt or leave if I'm not in love :/

a beloved room has a very very bad internet, that puts a special mood in her room. I do not want that she "improve" that too soon...
Boy howdy this Makes me curious

I think you might be in a very, very, very unique minority here. 99.99% of clients aren't going to want a feed that constantly lags, with video quality that makes communication difficult and making it hard to actually enjoy the show. Personally, if I see a feed or video or anything that's laggy or glitchy or slow, or the image quality is too bad to really enjoy, I bounce pretty quickly because it is just so frustrating.

Personally, I like crisp feeds that make it feel like I am literally there with the entertainer and I know I'm not missing a thing. Having the highest quality feed usually ends up giving me the highest quality experience! And also... On a more personal level, I am always SO excited for the model/entertainer who gets to upgrade their equipment! It's a small way to see that they are thriving and that makes me want to cheer for them! And I know that it is such an exciting feeling, working hard and being able to improve your setup, giving a special sense of pride and satisfaction of seeing yourself level up, so to speak. Knowing that because of your hard work, you're able to give an even better experience to the community who has helped support you through your journey. It's such a fun feeling. I always get crazy excited to upgrade my equipment, so I assume most people are too. I can't imagine being bothered by it and instead, I want to celebrate with them! But then, that's just meeee!

Last edited:

i told you guys there were weird dudes out there who PREFERS the potato feed! they do exist!

• Funny!
Reactions: DoD404
i told you guys there were weird dudes out there who PREFERS the potato feed! they do exist!
I feel like I NEED to know why, or I may never sleep again!

Reactions: DoD404
I feel like I NEED to know why, or I may never sleep again!
Ok, it was a little innocent Troll here a bit out of topic
but yes, I really felt in love in a low speed room... with a slow former.

BUT I didn't say "My fetish is patato cams" and It's always a good idea to search to improve your setup.

I just think that a room is a delicate alchemy between former, PO and Technics linking them.
Each change done in a room can affect the balance, then you have to not be surprised if you
miss some regular stuck in your public.
Put them glasses, open your mic, decide to make-up... do anything and see what happens.
I just posted there to say 'Just don't panic when you adjust, just wait the new balance that should be better than before ofc.'

Reactions: paige_orion
and... (i cut it in 2 posts) About the topic itself 'cable will improve ?' nobody can ensure it without knowing your real connection up speed.

Your maximum speed is the minimum speed between these 3 links : 'pc to modem' , 'modem to internet' , 'internet to Site' (with everybody connected)
In rare cases, wifi can be slowed down by local obstacles (room walls ie...)
But in general, Wifi can be easily faster than your connection from modem to net, especially if you try to broadcast connected through adsl or some basic fiber connections.
In this case the limitation is given by the modem (your isp) and wiring a cable will only add a cable attached to your machine (a new trap in your room^^).

So, if you have a way to measure it (your modem's administration page can show you it's own actual limitations) we can answer, else you can just try.
"That doesn't eat bread" (we say it french... it means that it's not a big job to do, not risky and very easy)

Just compare both setups *with cable* and *with wifi* Results can be very different from one room to the other.
to test modem to internet : your modem administration page (ask you isp's hotline)
to test PC to internet (trough modem) : https://www.speedtest.net/
to test the whole link PC to chaturbate trough modem and internet : http://chaturbate.speedtestcustom.com/

then yes OBS uses less bandwith than Flash site's streamer and manages the sound much better.
This last point has no comparison, you wil have sound instead of weird ambiance.

Maybe I can add also that you can check the final result by browsing your own page as a viewer.
Just open another browser (ie if you broadcast with chrome, open ieExplore, opera or firefox) and don't connect your profile to browse as anonymous or use another 'grey' profile to check with a password without bothering your followers.
Go to your room and see how it looks like.
That will not use much "up bandwith" but more "down bandwith". It mean that doing this, you'll see a result very proach to what your users have, in real time.
(But forget the idea to test any sound like that ! or only to check music, using headphones)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.