AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is advertising on twitter worth it?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I used to use twitter for promo when I was camming a lot last year but I deleted it when I took a break. I'm now back camming and I'm pregnant, I just wanted to know if you think its worth using for promo? Has anyone been able to get new customers from it? Sorry if this has already been asked!

its worth doing a daily post and linking to your cam platform? probably. Its known for certain that people on twitter do visit your profile and do click your links, are there tons of new registrations with spending customers? not from what i've heard but the models i discussed it with were generally around 5-8k follows.

Edit: im talking strictly cam customers, i did not ask about video sales.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Hey everyone, I used to use twitter for promo when I was camming a lot last year but I deleted it when I took a break. I'm now back camming and I'm pregnant, I just wanted to know if you think its worth using for promo? Has anyone been able to get new customers from it? Sorry if this has already been asked!
I would say Twitter is THE best social media platform to promote your camming, and it's ALWAYS a good idea to promote yourself :)

Just like anything else it's something you have to grow.

In my experience the formula for a tweet that gets the most eyes on it is video clip (it can be something as simple as a 4 second clip of you making a kissy face lol...I often use the Instagram story filters for new fun looks, take the video on there, then upload to Twitter) + a question (basically something to get people to respond to you and engage with) + a direct link to where they can find you on the interwebs. In my world video gets more engagement than photos which get more engagement than just plain text.

Consistency is key! And, Twitter is the only social media platform that you can directly link to adult sites + post adult content (you will likely get shadowbanned though, they do this with adult performers) without running the risk of having your account deleted like on Instagram which is a shit show.

Hope this helps :h:

How do you respond to people on Twitter sending DM to buy content ? I have always sent my links but I feel there are some scammers that “slip into the dms” so to speak. Because they don’t want to click my links but want me to send them content in the DM. Sometimes it’s hard to tell who is a potential legitimate customer, who is a scammer, who is just looking for free content and who believes you are a willing prostitute. I do like Twitter but this grey area of the DMs drives me nuts! How do you respond

How do you respond to people on Twitter sending DM to buy content ? I have always sent my links but I feel there are some scammers that “slip into the dms” so to speak. Because they don’t want to click my links but want me to send them content in the DM. Sometimes it’s hard to tell who is a potential legitimate customer, who is a scammer, who is just looking for free content and who believes you are a willing prostitute. I do like Twitter but this grey area of the DMs drives me nuts! How do you respond
I had too much of it and now no one can DM me unless I follow them back. It cut down on ridiculous fake requests a lot. I only follow other models and a very small, select group of guys back (one's who I trust and already know have common sense and self-control). Before I started doing that, my Twitter PMs turned into scam central. People saying they wanted me to be in music videos and all kinds of crap when really they just wanted me to fly somewhere and fuck them. Eww, no thanks. And OMG the guys who want content but don't "believe" in paywalls. Hahahahaha. Yeah... they can fuck off.

ETA; If they got something to say they can say it in public in front of everyone. Funny how the scams and B.S. dropped by 90% after that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.