AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is model notified if a member bans her from messages?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2023
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but couldn't find it answered anywhere. If I ban a model in Stripchat (for example, a model I talked to once who refuses to stop sending messages, pictures, and so on even if I don't reply or give a clear hint that I don't want to keep getting them), I see the following right below her last message in the private messaging area:

CAN'T CHAT WITH BANNED MODELS
You cannot message [model name] because you've banned them.

If the model tries to send me a message, does she see a similar message that says "You can't chat with banned members/ the member banned you" (or something like that)?

I'm curious if this works like some social messaging apps, where the person doesn't even know and she could just keep sending messages (but I'll never see them) or does it tell her clearly that she isn't able to send more. I guess there are pros and cons, I was just wondering what it would be from the model perspective. Also, is Stripchat notified? I want to block the model from me but I'm not trying to get her into some kind of trouble.

Interesting question.

I would suspect not, because models have the ability to send "mass" messages, (and I suspect that it is mass messages they are sending to you not just messages aimed only at you) if they got feedback on every blocked user they tried to send a mass message to, it could be a bit overwhelming as to the number of notifications they get.

On a complete tangent, in my early days on SC when I was spending a lot and was a "gold" user (the precursor to "ultimate"), I used to get many friend requests or unsolicited PMs, to which I always responded with a polite message of decline (courtesy costs nothing), but one model I could not do this to as she had geo-blocked Australia! But she KEPT sending friend requests & PMs to me (in the end I had to block her, since I had no way to communicate my non-interest to her directly :rofl: )

• Funny!
Reactions: HeadyRaven
Upvote 0
Interesting question.

I would suspect not, because models have the ability to send "mass" messages, (and I suspect that it is mass messages they are sending to you not just messages aimed only at you) if they got feedback on every blocked user they tried to send a mass message to, it could be a bit overwhelming as to the number of notifications they get.
I hadn't thought about the mass message capability or what would happen if a model tried to include a member who banned her in her "mass mailing." Maybe they can't add the member in the first place, or maybe they don't get any notice. I guess a model would have to answer how that works.

In this particular case, I'm pretty sure that most of the messages I was getting were aimed only at me, based on the content. I tried being polite and Ignoring was okay for awhile but eventually it got tiring to be keep receiving them. So it's the kind of situation the "ban" is meant for. Just got me a little curious about it.

Funny about the geo-block situation. If she had blocked your region from accessing her, it's strange that the system was allowing her to send you PMs and friend requests. Seems like a minor design flaw.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Interesting question.

Turns out a model I know on the site answered the question for me. They do get a notification if a member bans them. I can't remember the exact wording but it a line like, "You have been banned by this user"

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
Hey all

When a user bans a model, she doesn't technically get a notification.
It's not something that will pop up in a window or appear in the notification bell icon.

The model will only be made aware of this action once she goes to your direct PMs.
When the model opens the message window, she will see this:

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 12.27.42 PM.png

The chat box section where you usually type a message, will no longer appear.
No messages will be able to come through or be sent from model to user account.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.