AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is MyFreeCams down?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2011
Sunny England
MFC Username
Sweetiebatman
Just wondering if it is for anyone else?

Getting stuck on the "Connecting to MyFreecams" bit

tried it on both my phone and PC

I hope MFC being down does not become a regular thing, I really like MFC (doing well on there so far) so I hope whatever issue they are having they work it out

Reactions: Magnolia
Upvote 0
There are some peering issues with Level 3 edge servers which are causing problems. If your provider routes thro metapeer there is no problem. Also today there appears to be some sort of DNS failure in some US networks.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure that twitter has been up the entire time, and the last tweet from MFC was May 13th. How much time does it take to give members and models a 140 character update?
MFC have revenues of about ~200 million/year, they can afford to have one employee do the part time job of updating twitter when they are having issues.

Upvote 0
There are some peering issues with Level 3 edge servers which are causing problems. If your provider routes thro metapeer there is no problem. Also today there appears to be some sort of DNS failure in some US networks.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Upvote 0
There are some peering issues with Level 3 edge servers which are causing problems. If your provider routes thro metapeer there is no problem.

MFC is hosted in/by Metapeer, so there's no other way to reach them other than via metapeer.

With that said, this doesn't look like a transit issue : I reach MFC through GTT fine and still have issues - the site was responsive like normal until a few minutes ago and then, like yesterday, the main site UI loads but it then hangs somewhere - chrome developer view isn't being very useful however; large(ish) assets like the model list and all model avatars load quite fast (less than 1 second on average). Also joining a room or lounge means chat takes forever to load, which to me indicates the likely source of problems is in the chat server(s) and associated infrastructure.

Edit:
Looks like ~6 minutes of lag on chat according to people chatting and posting timestamps on l10k. AT least it is leading to some amusing jokes ("I would link a 20 year old , but she would be a MILF before it got here")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yup, third night running around the same time... fails to load.
What is going on <_< A reoccurring issue over 3 days and no word yet? Makes you start getting suspicious...

Upvote 0
Yup, third night running around the same time... fails to load.
What is going on <_< A reoccurring issue over 3 days and no word yet? Makes you start getting suspicious...

Yeah, I even tried a VPN and routing through a different HOP and it didn't work. Something fishy is going on.

Upvote 0
Just run some tests, all routing into myfreecams.com and profiles.myfreecams.com are fine, no excessive latency at all. Video servers are running fine, the problem appears to be the xchat servers are grinding to a halt as if all worker process's are being used up and not released.
m.myfreecams.com is down tho.

Upvote 0
Is this problem still ongoing?

I can't get to the site at all. Message coming up that it can't connect to the remote server.

I'm in London. Is this a local issue because from what I understand people are accessing the site.

Upvote 0
Is this problem still ongoing?

I can't get to the site at all. Message coming up that it can't connect to the remote server.

I'm in London. Is this a local issue because from what I understand people are accessing the site.
Looks totally fine right now.

Maybe the Queen is fucking with you? :rofl:

Upvote 0
Works for me from Switzerland and with my UK-based VPN.

Don't get it. How come I'm having problems?

This started with the issues MFC had the other day. First slow choppy feed, then access only to the homepage, then site can't be reached.

I don't understand.

Upvote 0
Also having issues with the site. It first loaded up all the thumbails (once) and then wouldn't load any streams. Now its just stuck on 'Loading Models....'. The mobile site works on the same desktop machine. The main website works, albeit slowly, through the TOR browser. Also based in UK, I was wondering if it was an issue with VirginMedia.

Upvote 0
Not loading for me at the moment. I was okay when other folks were reporting problems until now.

Upvote 0
Meh, not been loading for the past 30 mins or so. At this rate someone should ask mycamgirl if he can get a timeline of it being unavailable to show just how much it is ;)

Reactions: Always_Tim
Upvote 0
Take your time getting ready ladies and bring a book.

I have this image of all these perfect looking models sitting in front of their screen right now ready to pounce on the next unsuspecting member who comes her way.

What do you all really do when your site is down?

Upvote 0
Yet again the site suddenly dumped me out, sat there for an hour before switching to a vpn to get back, chat was lagging by 10 mins then poof crashed. I don't know what they are doing but watching network connections to the site it's all over the place. I honestly give up !!!

@Ambers Troll I watch my video's of Zoomer dancing to abba in his pink tutu ;)

• Funny!
Reactions: Ambers Troll
Upvote 0
With patience, got in after a few minutes, real slow. Only 107 models online, most with few members.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For a female model "friend" - it's become a real problem. She usually starts work around the time the site has been fucking up, and stays about 3 hours or so... which is often the duration of the issue. It means there have been 4 or 5 nights where she cannot work. Worse still time is spent prepping as it was working... to then find it doesn't.

@Ambers Troll I watch my video's of Zoomer dancing to abba in his pink tutu ;)

Hey, don't tell everyone as I won't be able to fulfil everyone's fetish requests... though I did try my hardest :) :) :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Take your time getting ready ladies and bring a book.

I have this image of all these perfect looking models sitting in front of their screen right now ready to pounce on the next unsuspecting member who comes her way.

What do you all really do when your site is down?

Today switched to another site, and actually got lucky)
The other day I slept until late before cam and were so full of enegry so after site went down started do big cleaning at my apartment! In middle of night, wearing make up and sexy clothes lol

Upvote 0
Today switched to another site, and actually got lucky)
The other day I slept until late before cam and were so full of enegry so after site went down started do big cleaning at my apartment! In middle of night, wearing make up and sexy clothes lol
I actually do something similar... cleaning naked is just easier and convenient when I can't be on, and burns up some of that energy I wanted to burn. I also sometimes cook naked if I am in the mood to take a risk.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.