AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is not having a car a dating deal breaker?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather ride in someone's Mercedes or Lexus than a Corvette or Porsche any day.

I also want a Tesla really badly. The Model X... even though I find the doors a turnoff the rest of it is sexy sexy.

Teslas are so cool, but they are out of my reasonable price range. I am hoping the model 3 is a good option when it comes out later.

Teslas are so cool, but they are out of my reasonable price range. I am hoping the model 3 is a good option when it comes out later.
Out of a lot of peoples' price range, for sure. It's nice to have a dream car though. :) Most dream of something exotic and sporty, I dream of the perfect white Range Rover sport or a super dark blue color on the Model X Tesla.

Reactions: Gen and Shaun__
I'm okay with a dude who is into and spends money on his (not prissy) cars as long as he knows how to fix a decent amount of car related issues himself. Being from Michigan, my expectation of what a person should be able to do with his own car is probably too high, and I like American. Paying to have the oil changed in any car turns me off.

Bikes? No. I have too much anxiety. I would just picture bloody roadrash and death every time they drove off.

Bikes? No. I have too much anxiety. I would just picture bloody roadrash and death every time they drove off.
I go down to Panama City Beach on occasion. Seeing one of those pretty young things riding on the back of a bike wearing nothing but a bikini never fails to make me cringe.

I've never had a license and never had a desire to get one. May be a deal breaker for some guys, but I've never had issues, luckily. I think once that they realize that it's not out of laziness that I don't drive, they're cool with it. Honestly, I'm scared to learn and never really been interested in owning a car. I remember being almost 16 and all my friends were really excited about taking drivers' ed and getting learner's permits and licenses and I never had that excitement.

I've never begged people for rides and have always enjoyed walking or taking the bus wherever I need to go. Although, it is a little tougher here. I lived in Chicago for four years and public transport is very convenient, just like New York City. Lots of people don't own cars there because parking is a hassle, it's expensive, and it's very easy to take the train or bus because they run very often. Now I live in a small town in Wisconsin and our buses only run once every half hour or hour. It still doesn't bother me though-just requires a bit of planning if I take the bus somewhere. And I love walking, except in the brutal winter. :)

I think it's definitely tougher for guys who don't drive than women though. I've never met a guy who was annoyed by my lack of license and car, although I'm sure there's some out there. I think a lot of women would be hesitant to date a guy who doesn't drive. Like others have previously mentioned though, a lot depends on where you live.

^What Vanessa said. The thought of being behind the wheel of a car has always been terrifying to me. I've never had a license, or any interest in getting one. It also helps when your job, grocery store, child's doctor, etc. are all within walking distance, and other places are a bus ride away.

Now if you're dating someone and neither of you drive, I could see that being a pain in the ass when y'all wanna go out for dinner together.

Do some people In Scotland still speak Gaelic
In Scotland, having a car is a luxury item and a symbol of status - it is in no way necessary to have a car here as we have really good public transport.

If I was back in the dating game whether the guy had a car wouldn't really be a big deal, sure it's alot nicer to have the use of a car but it's not essential like it is in the US.

(Plus I drive anyway so whether he had a car or not would make no difference to me!)

Do some people In Scotland still speak Gaelic?

• Wat?!
Reactions: TacoBelle
Yep, I'd say it is. Because what the fuck am I gonna do? Cart your ass around in my tiny Beetle? Pffft...
I have guy friends who don't have cars and get around Chicago via CTS, and that's all well and good... until they need to get out of the city for something like camping or other recreation. Then they rely on their partners to drive them around.
Also, I've dated so many guys I've given "passes" to in the past, such as no car, still lives with parents, has crap job with no aspirations of getting a better one..
Until I started dating Stunt Peen. Dude's got his shit together (for the most part) and good gravy it's nice being with someone who can provide FOR ME instead of the other way around. If I need to drop my car off at the shop, I can depend on him to follow me and drive me home. If I have a lot of crap to move, or stuff to haul, I can just throw it in the bed of his truck. When we lived in the Midwest and the Beetle always ended up in a snow bank at least twice per season, he could pull me out with the truck.

TL;DR: OMG I LOVE MY BOYFRIEND'S TRUCK

Telsa P85D? It's one of the fastest production cars out there and runs on magical electrons that are totally not generated by burning fossil fuels in your local power plant?

I loved my "world's cheapest" Tesla until I test drove a Tesla 85D the other day. Beside the insane acceleration, the self driving features are amazing and will only get better in the next couple of years. All of which get downloaded over the air and installed automatically. Fortunately, my sanity returned and I stopped myself from upgrading.

My Tesla runs on the thermal energy of photons being converted to electrons via by my photo voltaic solar system, which is true of a lot of Tesla owners.

Reactions: weirdbr and ramblin
Its been said in about every post so far, but it definitely depends on location. I live in the country, over a mile outside of a small town(under 500 people) everyone here is so spread out there's no way to not drive. Chances are pretty good that if you were dating someone, they would live in to opposite direction of where you plan on going that you would either have to drive past your destination to get her, or go south, pick her up, then go north and drive right past your own house on the way. I'm fairly certain that the majority of non elderly, non drivers around here are like that due to DUIs.

Also, I own both a lifted truck and a little shitbox station wagon, what does that say about me?

Yep, I'd say it is. Because what the fuck am I gonna do? Cart your ass around in my tiny Beetle? Pffft...
I have guy friends who don't have cars and get around Chicago via CTS, and that's all well and good... until they need to get out of the city for something like camping or other recreation. Then they rely on their partners to drive them around.
Also, I've dated so many guys I've given "passes" to in the past, such as no car, still lives with parents, has crap job with no aspirations of getting a better one..
Until I started dating Stunt Peen. Dude's got his shit together (for the most part) and good gravy it's nice being with someone who can provide FOR ME instead of the other way around. If I need to drop my car off at the shop, I can depend on him to follow me and drive me home. If I have a lot of crap to move, or stuff to haul, I can just throw it in the bed of his truck. When we lived in the Midwest and the Beetle always ended up in a snow bank at least twice per season, he could pull me out with the truck.

TL;DR: OMG I LOVE MY BOYFRIEND'S TRUCK

why did they still live with their parents?

Alright, so now we have established that guys with luxury cars are the shit and just all around awesome people. What about guys with Harleys?
A knucklehead bobber can make me cum in 2.9 seconds... no dude required though.

A fat boy... not so much

why did they still live with their parents?

I don't know, because they weren't interested in getting a job that would pay well enough for them to move out.
It really put a damper on dates as well. No car, no place to crash, no money for dates.. laaaaame sauce.

How about a panhead on a rigid frame?
That vibration.
You're picking up what I'm laying down! Except vibration not needed, this affair is purely visual.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Is having a Kia Soul considered not having a car?

Alright, so now we have established that guys with luxury cars are the shit and just all around awesome people. What about guys with Harleys?

This lil dude sums it up pretty well:

giphy.gif

Reactions: AuroraKnight
This thread reminds me of when I lived in P-town and all the boys liked me cuz I had the sweetest ride around...

A 1970's Shwinn Stingray Fastback. The older guys were alllll over that hunky piece of metal (that reminded them of their childhood).

Such a sexy bike.

From personal opinion, yeah, it'd be a deal breaker if it was an involved relationship, simply because although I live in a large city (Milwaukee) our public transportation is not practical. In fact the transit union and the transit company have been fighting over contracts and the bus drivers went on strike last month for about a week. There was no public transit. So you could pay like $50 for a cab...or be fortunate enough to have a car. I don't look at cars as status symbols. My partner has a mid 90s honda and it gets us from point A to point B and that is what is important.

For me, its about the time investment and saved time cars provide. My partner works way on the other side in another district of the city. He works from 8-5. He's usually home by 5:30ish if it isn't a late day. With no car, he'd have to walk many blocks and take 2 buses, likely having an hour and twenty minute commute. It would push dinner to 7pm or later and leave no time to experience each other. Then you think of other time, such as driving to the grocery store, community events, running simple errands. Doing all of that by bus (in this city) would literally make you miserable, tired, and provide you no free time. I am speaking as someone who used to not have a vehicle and work 40 hours on the other side of town. It was awful. Every day an extra 4 hours of my life was spent commuting for somewhere that was really on 25 minutes away. I would hate to be with someone who invested damn near part-time job hours into their commute.

If it was casual dating, like I am meeting up with a man for food or something, it is something that wouldn't affect me so it could be overlooked, but I would never be invested in someone without a vehicle. It is simply necessary where I live to have a pretty standard way of living.

It's not a deal breaker for me. I live in close to DC, and the public transportation is good and walking is what I like to do for fun. I don't have a license myself. If it bothered someone enough that I didn't want to own/drive a car, we weren't going to be even remotely close to a good match anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.