AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

is that how onlyfans chargebacks are supposed to work?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
Twitter Username
@mika_kedi
MFC Username
mikakedi
Chaturbate Username
mika_kedi
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1004128361/Mika-Kedi/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/191561/mika-kedi
Yesterday I got a new subscriber on OnlyFans and the same day a chargeback from him. It sucks, but I'm aware it happens that's not the point of this post.

What I found absolutely infuriating and unacceptable is that OF deducted the chargeback from my current balance that I didn't get to pay out yet and not from my pending balance. Meaning the money I got over 7 days ago FROM ANOTHER CUSTOMER got deducted from my balance instead of them just lowering my pending balance as they should so I wouldn't receive money for this customer in 7 days. The way I see it this is dangerously close to theft. They took my money and yeah, it looks like they will replace it in 7 days, but it doesn't make it okay. And in that case what's the point for waiting 7 days for earnings to become available?

As probably any other OF creator I have gotten some chargebacks before, but I'd never noticed it being handled that way. Did something change recently? And finally - what the actual fuck?

• Wat?!
Reactions: Lilly_____
that seems REALLY fucking odd to me doing it that way.. what's even more wild is I can't really find much info about it, all everyone is talking about is how their chargeback system is horrible in general, which it is..

I never understood the chargebacks! I have subscribed to people where the content have been somewhat different to what they advertise it to be.. and I have simply unsubbed, most of the time it's what.. $7 - $12? not even sure if the chargeback would be worth the time it takes and to give someone else a bad feeling when I do it, nah.. (ETC: They should just remove the chargeback system imo)

that seems REALLY fucking odd to me doing it that way.. what's even more wild is I can't really find much info about it, all everyone is talking about is how their chargeback system is horrible in general, which it is..

I never understood the chargebacks! I have subscribed to people where the content have been somewhat different to what they advertise it to be.. and I have simply unsubbed, most of the time it's what.. $7 - $12? not even sure if the chargeback would be worth the time it takes and to give someone else a bad feeling when I do it, nah.. (ETC: They should just remove the chargeback system imo)
The whole chargeback scam is something that online sellers have had to deal with for a long time. Generally it goes site wont give refund or requests the return of an item to get the refund, customer contacts bank for a chargeback saying "someone used my card, it wasnt me". Customer gets a refund and keeps what they ordered. If onlyfans used 3dsecure payment's (it's the 2fa system where you get a code sent to you that you have to input to complete the payment) it stops something like 90% of chargebacks because it's taken as proof that the customer was the one that initiated the purchase. As far as I know onlyfans dont do that.

There's a really limited number of things you can claim a chargeback for (the most common one is "card holder not present" since it's hard to prove it was the card holder that made the payment). They cant remove the chargeback system because it's the bank's system not onlyfans (chargebacks and refunds are very different in how they work, the ability to chargeback comes under consumer protections, although I have a suspicion that OF is issuing refunds and marking them as chargebacks, when you hit a certain % of transactions (normally pretty low like 1-5% range depending on the processor) that chargeback payment processors will close your account). That way if a model questions why they issued a refund for a subscription OF can say it was a chargeback they cant do anything about it and it puts an end to the convocation where if they admitted it was a refund it could take a lot longer to resolve because it would have been a company decision that can be reversed.

As for the it not being worth the time for the $7...for $7 most likely not, but the guys doing this are more than likely signing up to 10/20/30 pages, running a content downloader to rip all the content and then initiating the chargeback to get the money back.

IMO a chargeback that happens on the same day as a purchase should always be treated as highly suspect, most people (unless it's a large amount like 10 onlyfans subscriptions) wont notice the odd $10 charge until they look through their statement and the likely hood of that being the exact same day that the charge was made is pretty slim. My last chargeback on onlyfans was like 15 minutes after the payment was made....dude must have been on the phone to the bank while paying the subscription 😂

Also chargeback from payable amount and not pending is strange. I dont think thats normal, but I never noticed my last couple of chargebacks so cant say if thats how it's always been.

Customer gets a refund and keeps what they ordered.
Technically not a refund since it's a chargeback, should be bank re-calls the payment and returns it to the customer.

I always read that it's not OF, it's the banks that chargeback and there's nothing OF can do about it. But if that's the case, why is it that Loyal Fans, iWantClips, Streamate, MFC among a bunch of others don't have that happening? I'm not doubting the info, I just wanted to know what the difference is.

I always read that it's not OF, it's the banks that chargeback and there's nothing OF can do about it. But if that's the case, why is it that Loyal Fans, iWantClips, Streamate, MFC among a bunch of others don't have that happening? I'm not doubting the info, I just wanted to know what the difference is.
Many other sites just eat the loss themselves.
It's also why many sites cap spending on new accounts or require extra verification for large purchases.

for OP- I didn't realise it was off the cleared balance not pending, that is totally uncool in my opinion! As you said, that's money you earnt at least a week earlier.

that's basically the difference between a chargeback and a refund, a chargeback comes from the bank, a refund is given by the site.

I would say other sites don't get as many chargebacks because of is the big name, so just from a higher volume of transactions would have more chargebacks. I do think they are giving refunds and calling them chargebacks in a lot of instances though.

generally it's why most sites have a lower payout than 80% because they are covering the chargebacks, I don't think there's any site that pays over 60% that offers chargeback protection officially (could be wrong on that though).

fun fact: when a bank issues a charge back it's not just the original purchase amount, the site (or store) also have to pay a fee for the chargeback, if I remember right it's a % of the transaction cost or fixed fee depending on what's higher, so a $100 chargeback ends up costing the store something like $125

platforms (only fans, PayPal or anyone else that Handel's the transaction) normally eat the fee and then deduct the earnings. except for platforms that offer chargeback protection for the seloer ofc.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lilly_____
Dont be fooled theres no such thing as chargeback protection, only chargeback we_trust_you_enough_for_now protection :giggle:

I do think they are giving refunds and calling them chargebacks in a lot of instances though.
i've heard it going the other way around too where they refund the transaction because its suspicious and then take the money from the model because it wasnt considered a chargeback....who was doing that...im like 95% sure it was manyvids that was doing that at one point.

Dont be fooled theres no such thing as chargeback protection, only chargeback we_trust_you_enough_for_now protection :giggle:
When a site has it in their TOS that they cover any chargebacks, that's chargeback protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.