AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is this ban by a model 'reasonable'?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2022
I've spoken to a cam model irregularly for about 1 month (maybe once a week). She is from the US, and is in her mid/late 20s. Today she said is going to ban me after briefly explaining her reason, and then did so immediately after she finished explaining her brief reason. She mentioned about a global issue not making sense because a government source said it's not true. I told her I don't think it's correct because I've read highly credible peer-reviewed papers in this topic, so I told her I will check the website she was referring too. She then told me she shouldn't discuss websites on here because it's against the TOS, and then blocked me.

Talking about normal everyday websites, such as government resources, is against the TOS?

I've tipped her reasonably well over that time (at least $60) and never spoke about any triggering topics. Therefore, I'd assume it has nothing to do with another reason.

I've spoken to a cam model irregularly for about 1 month (maybe once a week). She is from the US, and is in her mid/late 20s. Today she said is going to ban me after briefly explaining her reason, and then did so immediately after she finished explaining her brief reason. She mentioned about a global issue not making sense because a government source said it's not true. I told her I don't think it's correct because I've read highly credible peer-reviewed papers in this topic, so I told her I will check the website she was referring too. She then told me she shouldn't discuss websites on here because it's against the TOS, and then blocked me.

Talking about normal everyday websites, such as government resources, is against the TOS?

I've tipped her reasonably well over that time (at least $60) and never spoke about any triggering topics. Therefore, I'd assume it has nothing to do with

It sounds like you just annoyed her with mansplaining and politics or disagreeing with her.

Past tips don't entitle you to any level of tolerance, and tbh whether it's reasonable our not doesn't matter. There's no changing it and models can ban for any reason.

I get it sucks to be unexpectedly banned but she was not the model for you

If it was Streamate then yes. I got a warning for that 4 years ago. No outside websites are to be talked about, as far as I've always understood the rule, not just competitor websites. ALL outside websites.

$60 is nice, but that wouldn't put you in a high spender category with a lot of models, and if you irritated her then... that's just that. Even if it did make you a high spender doesn't entitle you to special allowances. If she doesn't care to interact w you further, that's her choice. Your take on whether its fair or not, just like mine, doesn't matter a hoot. So the topics kinda moot anyway.

It's her room. She's an independent contractor, not an employee.

I've spoken to a cam model irregularly for about 1 month (maybe once a week). She is from the US, and is in her mid/late 20s. Today she said is going to ban me after briefly explaining her reason, and then did so immediately after she finished explaining her brief reason. She mentioned about a global issue not making sense because a government source said it's not true. I told her I don't think it's correct because I've read highly credible peer-reviewed papers in this topic, so I told her I will check the website she was referring too.
As others have said, it's her room, her rules. She can ban for any (or even no) reason. And for me, if a model banned me for politely pointing out that peer reviewed information might be more accurate than her own government's propaganda, I'd move on and thank my lucky stars I did not get "involved" with a person who cannot have an adult, informed discussion on things.

I've tipped her reasonably well over that time (at least $60) and never spoke about any triggering topics. Therefore, I'd assume it has nothing to do with another reason.
I am not casting aspersions on your tipping (I am a rather modest tipper myself these days) but as someone else said, $60 in a month doesn't seem like a lot to me. (Not that tipping a lot should give one immunity from banning in my opinion)

Tipping entitles to you to nothing beyond whatever the model's tip menu says. If you tip outside of the menu, you are tipping to show appreciation for the show and again you aren't entitled to anything for that either. You could've tipped the model thousands of dollars over years and years and it still doesn't entitle you to anything. The best thing to do is treat a person as you would, face-to-face, in real life. Most of us would not argue politics with strangers, customers, clients, business associates or anyone else we aren't familiar with. I would avoid politics and any "sensitive" topics. These are cam rooms, not reddit or twitter for you to mansplain or argue with people. And even with all that said, a model can ban you for any reason they want and don't owe you anything, even an explanation. Life doesn't always give you the benefit of closure, but you do have the power to move on yourself.

It sounds like you just annoyed her with mansplaining and politics or disagreeing with her.
This is exactly what I got from it, and I do the same thing in my room.

lol dude it's her room and her rules, I've banned people without warning just because they annoyed me. It's also interesting that she gave a reason and then you didn't share that, which makes me think her reasons were 100% justified.

$60 also isn't that much, especially when you consider how much of that she actually gets to keep. If you want to bother people about politics on cam, at least pay them well for their time.

Lol you're lucky she gave you an explanation when banning. If something irritates me in my room I try to ban real fast as to not let it ruin the mood in the room more than it has. Sometimes I go off if the dude was an extra douche and I get others tipping for the tirade after I ban lol.

Every token is appreciated, but $60 over a month is absolutely not a high tipper and doesn't entitle a member to try to mansplain politics. You can tell when someone is open for respectful debate or discussion and someone who is diehard whatever position they're in. No amount of peer papers or research is wanted or necessary in that circumstance. Politics turns away at least half the members in the room no matter what side. Most don't want to get drawn into that when on a camsite and half will get pissed off if the model isn't their particular political flavor.

Lol you're lucky she gave you an explanation when banning. If something irritates me in my room I try to ban real fast as to not let it ruin the mood in the room more than it has. Sometimes I go off if the dude was an extra douche and I get others tipping for the tirade after I ban lol.

Every token is appreciated, but $60 over a month is absolutely not a high tipper and doesn't entitle a member to try to mansplain politics. You can tell when someone is open for respectful debate or discussion and someone who is diehard whatever position they're in. No amount of peer papers or research is wanted or necessary in that circumstance. Politics turns away at least half the members in the room no matter what side. Most don't want to get drawn into that when on a camsite and half will get pissed off if the model isn't their particular political flavor.

THIS.

And yes, I understand some members probably feel that they're "just making conversation," but it's really not fair for the model to lose potential spenders...just because you pulled her into a discussion about politics. Now if the model was the one who initiated that conversation, and you were just participating, then cool. But obviously the discussion got to a point where she felt the need to shut it down asap. I'm not sure what exactly you'd said. Like other posters above suggested, maybe she felt you were mansplaining. Maybe she was just afraid of breaking a rule. I remember hearing that there was a cam site (Can't remember which one) that would punish the model when a member would type such and such in her chat. Crazy, right? Models can get banned for mentioning other sites. I know that Streamate and ImLive are two of the sites that are strict about this. The models on there aren't even allowed to mention Twitter at all, or have a link to it in their profiles.

If you really wish to have a lengthy discussion about politics with a model, you could send her a tip note or PM asking her if you could take her private to discuss it.

Yeah there are many topics that one must be wary of with folks you don't know well.

Just the other day in my friend's room I was having a PM conversation with another user (semi regular) who seems a nice guy. After admitting that he had been convinced to buy some Tim Tams from a public discussion a week or so ago, he then moved to something a long the lines or "How do you feel about the restrictions on guns there (here in Oz) Don't criminals have guns there???"

Which set off alarm bells for me, as it is a fairly typical line that US "gun nuts" (sorry, no offence to any US gun nuts here on ACF ;) ) follow to start criticism of a system that has seen my country have NO gun massacres in about 30 years. So I just said "Mate let's not discuss that, I'll just say that very few people here feel a need to arm themselves" and we moved on to other topics.

Trying to disuade others of strongly held opinions can be like trying to teach a pig to sing:- a waste of your time and you annoy the pig.

(sorry, no offence to any US gun nuts here on ACF ;) )
lol please don't worry to offend anyone like that here. I'm not afraid of any pigs getting annoyed here.

Yeah there are many topics that one must be wary of with folks you don't know well.

Just the other day in my friend's room I was having a PM conversation with another user (semi regular) who seems a nice guy. After admitting that he had been convinced to buy some Tim Tams from a public discussion a week or so ago, he then moved to something a long the lines or "How do you feel about the restrictions on guns there (here in Oz) Don't criminals have guns there???"

Which set off alarm bells for me, as it is a fairly typical line that US "gun nuts" (sorry, no offence to any US gun nuts here on ACF ;) ) follow to start criticism of a system that has seen my country have NO gun massacres in about 30 years. So I just said "Mate let's not discuss that, I'll just say that very few people here feel a need to arm themselves" and we moved on to other topics.

Trying to disuade others of strongly held opinions can be like trying to teach a pig to sing:- a waste of your time and you annoy the pig.
Yep I'm all for discussing whatever the model wants to initiate (or tolerate in chat between viewers) but even so, there are some subjects that have potential to trigger conflict and ruin the room vibe, so I generally avoid getting involved. Religion, political views, how much you earn, and gun control spring to mind immediately from bitter experience. No judgement, just prefer to keep my own views to myself.

Yep I'm all for discussing whatever the model wants to initiate (or tolerate in chat between viewers) but even so, there are some subjects that have potential to trigger conflict and ruin the room vibe, so I generally avoid getting involved. Religion, political views, how much you earn, and gun control spring to mind immediately from bitter experience. No judgement, just prefer to keep my own views to myself.

Same. You gotta read the room. I feel like this is way easier on a cam site than it is out in the general population. Unless the model personally initiates a discussion about divisive topics, it’s safe to assume nobody visiting a cam site is there to hear that stuff, in that environment/moment. And if the model DOES initiate, sometimes it’s still best not to engage on certain topics if you’re afraid of the wrong answer ruining the mood (or getting you banned).

I politely dodge topics that are political, religious, or generally divisive while visiting models. I do have strong beliefs in those areas, but 1) I believe a cam model’s room isn’t the time or place to share them, and 2) even if it was, that’s not the reason I visited.

I politely dodge topics that are political, religious, or generally divisive while visiting models.
It's a smart move in my room. I'll immediately ban people who are against my politics, who are heavily religious, or are against my main beliefs. I don't have to put up with anyone I don't like in my cam room.

My redundant 2 cents but any reason a model bans anyone is perfectly reasonable. There are thousands of cammodels to watch at any given time, you don't *need* to be in a given room.
One of my biggest priorities on cam is keeping my mood right so I can do my job well. Anything that disturbs my peace gets cut off immediately. I've banned people for having a sus username 🤷‍♀️

I love this sentence lol it made my smile, thinking about the poor pig.

It's a smart move in my room. I'll immediately ban people who are against my politics, who are heavily religious, or are against my main beliefs. I don't have to put up with anyone I don't like in my cam room.
I'm just the same. I have no desire to be around people whose values directly conflict mine so I'll ban/kick without thinking twice and there's no amount of money that would change that.

(I'm actually just so glad I've grown as a model and became confident enough to stop wanting to please people.)

Status
Not open for further replies.