AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is XPeeps or GirlFund any good?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiaVille

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
May 30, 2012
I'm trying to do my research on this two sites. While I've read some negative stuff about Girlfund, I wanted to get other people's opinions on these two sites - the positives *and* more importantly the negatives.

Thanks! :)

xPeeps seems to have a good platform, a clean interface and a better support for HD webcams. But they don't have traffic.

From a model who recently tried xPeeps:
Okay, the traffic on xpeeps is absolutely ridiculous. I don't think I'll cam there again. :(

I was the only model online and had between 7 and 13 people in my room.
This was tweeted by her, but I'm leaving out her name because I don't know if she wants to get into the debate.

She is a quite attractive model who likes to interact with members. She has webcam, lighting, audio... everything set up perfectly. So, I doubt she was the problem.

You meant, MyGirlFund, right? I don't know much about them.

And if you haven't talked to Amber to get your model status yet: How to get model status. Maybe there are more threads about these sites in the Models Only section.

Reactions: GiaVille
Ive been on MyGirlFund for a long time and I think its overall a pretty nice site. They are VERY strict about having no outside contact with the men such as giving out your email, another site you're on, etc. but as long as you stick to that, you shouldn't have a problem there. Depending on how much time and effort you put into it, it can be decent money. I certainly couldnt live of what I make there but it's a nice passive income.

MyCamgirl said:
xPeeps seems to have a good platform, a clean interface and a better support for HD webcams. But they don't have traffic.

Okay, the traffic on xpeeps is absolutely ridiculous. I don't think I'll cam there again. :(

This was tweeted by her, but I'm leaving out her name because I don't know if she wants to get into the debate.

She is a quite attractive model who likes to interact with members. She has webcam, lighting, audio... everything set up perfectly. So, I doubt she was the problem.

You meant, MyGirlFund, right? I don't know much about them.

And if you haven't talked to Amber to get your model status yet: How to get model status. Maybe there are more threads about these sites in the Models Only section.

With Xpeeps, it could have also been the time she got on. It hasn't quite built up the type of traffic most cam sites have where it is busy all the time. Also, yes there are dedicated threads to both of these sites in the MO part of the forums.

Reactions: ScarlettLeigh
I like MGF, I am $636 from leveling up. I have made just under $5,000 since February there and all I do is sell videos and pics. Definitely worth it is you want to sell content! Not so much for the camming there, but it's a great way to make supplemental income.

MyCamgirl said:

That was me, and thanks for the compliment. :)

I have to admit I was online at around 3 a.m. PST which could have been a bad time, like Frankie said. Even though I don't think it was that late... Lots of guys stay up until the early morning hours, don't they?
I thought about xpeeps again yesterday, and I'll probably give it a try again another night at around midnight PST. If the traffic is not significantly better at that time, then xpeeps is not the right website for me.

But yeah, like everyone else has already said - get model status and check out the thread about xpeeps in the models only section! :)

One last thing, I have made a little under 600 tokens on xPeeps in the last two weeks, just from video sales alone. If you have videos, upload them one at a time, let them show on the newly added video list at the bottom, wait until it drops off and then add another. That gives you some exposure, even before you start camming there. I have watched girls camming, talking seems to be a favorite there, be friendly and I am sure tokens will roll in. One girl made over 1,000 tokens in less than 5 minutes and she was just topless and talking.

I really didnt like mygirlfund.
You have to spend a LOT of time chatting with guys (many expect a week or so) before they MIGHT buy your content. You'll be expected to give away free videos and pictures and sell your content for 5$ for 10 videos and stuff like that. I was able to make 500 in my first month on the site, and then after that about 20-50$ here and there.
If you have a lot of content and dont mind the constant work/monitoring the site, strict rules and guys with foot fetishes you might have a better time than I did.

Reactions: AnnaDroid
Jessi said:
I really didnt like mygirlfund.
You have to spend a LOT of time chatting with guys (many expect a week or so) before they MIGHT buy your content. You'll be expected to give away free videos and pictures and sell your content for 5$ for 10 videos and stuff like that. I was able to make 500 in my first month on the site, and then after that about 20-50$ here and there.
If you have a lot of content and dont mind the constant work/monitoring the site, strict rules and guys with foot fetishes you might have a better time than I did.
I think it's different for each girl. I hardly ever spend time in chat and I do very well on the site. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but hey, that's why there are so many different places out there!

I mostly do pictures/videos, chat here and there, but I do log in a few times a day to stay on the first 1-2 pages of girls and you can get traffic coming to yourself that way.

wtf happened to xpeeps lol. I didn't visit for a month and they look like they got bought out by streammate?
6zQcn.jpg

Airwolfe said:
Jupiter551 said:
wtf happened to xpeeps lol. I didn't visit for a month and they look like they got bought out by streammate?

It seems that they merged with turned into a white label of Streamate on September 7th 2012.
Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.