AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I've been exposed!!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber_Kitzune

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 15, 2017
Maine
Twitter Username
@amber_kitzune
Streamate Username
Amber_kitzune
Chaturbate Username
Ambertigereyes
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000440556/Amber_kitzune/
Hi ive been a camgirl since Feb this year and i was online doin my thing when a person pops into chat sends me a 1tkn tip note with my real name and a few other things that wern't obscene just...dirty talk i guess...? I played it off like i didnt know who the person was they used my maiden name and not my married name. After playing it off I silenced them for 6 hrs and kicked them from the room they came back into the room and i banned them out of the room ignored them and wrapped up my show and logged off. After doing that I blocked their country and Sent an email to chaturbate support about this issue they not only said my name in front of over 100 people but they actually have me scared for my well being. I checked anything that could have given me away or any ties that I may have not wrapped up.. there was nothing. Even my amazon wishlist is under a false name. I have no idea how such a big security breach happened and I dont know if chaturbate will do anything about this. I was just wondering though if this has happened to anyone else before.

I’m sorry this happened to you, but you’re definitely not the first girl this has happened to and you’re certainly not going to be the last one. Unfortunately, some people are assholes and the moment you hit that broadcast button you’re taking the risk to have your personal information leaked. Since the person used your maiden name, I’m pretty sure someone who knows you / has known you IRL recognized you on cam.

You did a great job by playing it off and all you can do right now is try to calm yourself and not freak out. I don’t know what chaturbate is going to do and there’s not much they can do about it. I guess they’ll suspend the person’s account. Still, if someone wants to out you, there are a million ways to do so. Usually these people just want to see your reaction and as I said, you did a great job by playing it off.

This sucks. A Lot. But it’s not the end of the world and you’re going to be fine.:h:

If you haven’t already, you might want to read through the sticky posts on here, especially this one https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/reality-check.1123/ It seems you’re a little surprised that something like this could happen. It’s not about having worst case scenarios in your mind all day, but knowing about the risks involved in camming and making informed decisions is always good.

If you look at some of the older threads.
  • Make sure your personal social media is private.
  • Don't cross post photos between personal and private media.
  • Don't use programs like Skype, MSN Messenger.
  • Don't click on links sent to you by people on cams sites.
  • Don't have any thing shipped to your actual address.

This has happened to me before. My suggestions would be:

-If you can clear their chat do so but don't say anything to bring attention to it.
-Delete your facebook. I'm serious, there is no such thing as a totally private facebook. Delete all your pics and change all your info to fake info before you just in case.
-Get a PO Box, never use your address for anything.
-Have a fake "real" name.
-Ignore it. Ignore them until they go away. Ignore and ban silently.
-Accept that there is a chance people will find out. Members will find your personal info and family will find your stuff, it happens all the time.
-If you ever feel truly in danger contact authorities.

It's happened to me before, too. They just randomly said my real name and I pretended to not know what they were talking about. They luckily didn't even spell my real name right, but everyone in the room bought that I had no idea why they were saying a "random" name.

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
I've had a few times guys have said my real name--you definately did the correct thing by playing it off. I would block right away next time since having someone in the chat like that can be a scary huge risk.

I sometimes have guys who use common regular names "Is that you Jessica?!" (lol) and I ban those guys too.

The camming world is small. There may be thousands of models out there but it doesn't take much to get recognized while online and even in person. The best thing is to lock down/delete your 'real' social media.

This has happened to SO many cammers without there being any sort of dangerous outcome hopefully that can bring some comfort :h: I think most of the time these guys who say real names are oblivious as to what outing a sex worker can result in and are just dumb/excited that they see someone they recognize, not because they want to be a malicious stalker who wants to ruin your life/hurt you.

Reactions: Mintx
Yeah luckily i'm fine now. I contacted support and they banned the person responsible so far i've been able to cam without any complications i'm back on the gravy train! Thanks for all your tips though I don't even use my legal name for my Facebook so i'm okay there and I never use my real face on my F.B profile my pics are locked i'm looking into a p.o. box in another town that's close to mine and I always go by Amber always!

I was just wondering though if this has happened to anyone else before.

Yup, and I got sick of people from IRL blurting out my personal shit in my public chat, so for some peace of mind I decided to block my state. Also, one of the guys I'm referring to happens to be on the sex offender registry for my state.

that person can still comeback to your room even if you block their country they will just use a proxy and create another account. and if u just look on the location based on what is written on the profile people can just put there their wrong location info.

Status
Not open for further replies.