AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I've been scammed :(

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2017
So I've just started working on MFC, and I was approached by someone who was very insistant we talk on Skype when he asked if I was looking for a sugar daddy and I said yes.

He said he was at work and so he couldn't have his camera on.

Told me he would give me £500 a week going up to £2k a week if I "worked hard" and asked if I had a wishlist on amazon etc. And that he wasn't interested in me using toys or getting nude, just roleplay which was great with me as I don't do those levels anyway.

Asked me if I wanted to start payment now and said he could only do bank transfer. Fine.

Then I don't know how this happened but he was so F'ING smooth I found myself doing the bloody show for him without receiving payment! He told me at the end he would send it, I asked how long, he said 1-2 days (this was Sunday and it's still not in my bank account - not that it ever will be).

Sent him a message today on Skype asking what was going on. Went back on there about half hour ago and wasn't able to send him any messages! The bastard had unfriended me!

Luckily I still had our convo open on my phone, so I sent him a message telling him exactly what I thought of him and blocked him completely.

He goes by B Valerjo on Skype.

So yeah, pissed off, upset, angry etc. I know there are people on here who know what it feels like.

Meh!

X

I’m sorry that happened to you. But it’s a good lesson to not do anything without payment first. Especially a bank transfer? Don’t you have to give your personal information for that?

Unlucky - but what's the old saying - "if something sounds too good to be true..."

Reactions: Gen
DO NOT EVER LET PEOPLE SEND YOU BANK TRANSFERS. He could get so much personal info very easily! If they don't want to do tokens for skype you can use Indiebill and still get an 85% cut!!!

What kind of information could he get with that? :/ Do you think I should get a new bank card?
Normally a person's bank account has their real name and address associated with it in some capacity.

A cam model does not want to share identifying information with members for any reason. Maybe take a read over this page before you continue in the world of camming.

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Camming_and_Confidentiality

This one too

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Scams

• Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly and Gen
Oh man!! We can be way too trusting sometimes. I've been scammed more than once in my early days. But now you know!! These guests can be cunning, always assume they're a scam. Don't feel bad and don't dwell!! Just pretend that never happened. You never have to talk to or see that person again!!

i had the same thing when i first started, wasted about 2 hours chatting to someone, and ended up doing the show without realizing as such and took them for their word... DOH! Never again! xx

Working on sites taking their currency afford you certain protections, think, why would someone want to get around those protections, the answer is nearly always because they are shady mofos.

Also think, if everyone worked outisde of the site currency how long would the sites stay operating? Dont bite the hand that feeds you! Im sorry you had to learn this the hard way xx

1st rule. Never do a show without payment.

2nd rule. Never give out your personal information like real name and bank info to someone. Use a safe and secure payment method.

Thanks you lot. I've learnt my lesson, I usually always do take payment before performing, I don't even know how it happened! But yeah, onwards and upwards :)

if it were me i'd get a new bank card or even account, but you probably don't need to. if he wanted it he could already have some of your personal info. luckily he doesn't sound like he's after anything besides scamming newbies out of free shows.

it's said on here a lot but don't use paypal either, guys ask for it a lot. if you don't want to go through the site you can use gift rocket.. or other gift cards like amazon but those aren't really 100% safe either

Are there actually any completely safe ways for camgirls to get money (outside of the sites)?
Is there something wrong with just using the cam site that you work on to make your paychecks?

Are there actually any completely safe ways for camgirls to get money (outside of the sites)?
There are plenty of adult friendly payment processors, no reason to try to make things more difficult and unsafe for yourself. If you are just looking something to take payments on then check out indiebill... if you are looking a way to book skypes you can also check out CMD but by no means take paypal, western union or wire transfers as you have to give out way to much personal info and run the risk of having your account shut down. There really is no need to try to work the system as it will eventually end up biting you in the ass.

I understand the "don't do anything without payment first" statement now. was just scammed myself into a skype video chat for tokens he said he would pay after. he ended the call and logged off about 12 minutes in. is there anyway i can report him? i get that i was scammed, and i thought i knew better, but i dont want this happening to other girls.

Trying to get members to pay you outside of your cam site is a good way to lose that cam site, because it is basically all site's terms of service that if you start using their platform to ask for paypal or whatever, you get banned. :D If you don't like a site's payout rate, find another.

Just learn from the scam. Don't do anything without payment.

Trying to get members to pay you outside of your cam site is a good way to lose that cam site, because it is basically all site's terms of service that if you start using their platform to ask for paypal or whatever, you get banned. :D If you don't like a site's payout rate, find another.

Just learn from the scam. Don't do anything without payment.
sorry should have said. he was going to pay in tokens on the site (supposedly)

I understand the "don't do anything without payment first" statement now. was just scammed myself into a skype video chat for tokens he said he would pay after. he ended the call and logged off about 12 minutes in. is there anyway i can report him? i get that i was scammed, and i thought i knew better, but i dont want this happening to other girls.

There is really nothing you can do.
Never. Ever. Do anything without payment FIRST.

I agree with everyone. Don't do without payment first unless (and its a big unless) you really get to know and trust the other person and have a different relationship. Also be careful about anything like bank transfers since you have to give personal info. Have only ever had a couple of models feel they could trust me enough to let me know that level of personal detail about them to organise private transfers of funds if needed. Fortunately they can trust me. Don't know if you can always tell who to trust. Somehow I trusted her enough not to destroy my life and she trusted me enough that she let me into hers.

I agree with everyone. Don't do without payment first unless (and its a big unless) you really get to know and trust the other person and have a different relationship.

Nah, not even then. It's *very* rare, but there have been models who wound up getting scammed by trusted regulars.

Nah, not even then. It's *very* rare, but there have been models who wound up getting scammed by trusted regulars.

Hi Saffron, I agree. Sorry. What I meant was only if you have genuinely moved into type of relationship where payment wasn't expected any more

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I only use the site now for any shows etc. It's just way easier and keeps it simple. Some people can multi task lots of sources, but I find it keeps my work way easier.

I just thought I would offer a different perspective. It's a sad fact of life that there are people who have no conscience and will take advantage. In words of wisdom, it's good to trust but better not to! But sometimes there's the exception. I'm sorry this happened to you and happens to others too. But, there are some decent guys out there who have integrity and compassion for cam models who generally give a lot and some of us really appreciate it. Me.. well I am actually the other side of coin. It's not the first time I have helped out a girl on camsites financially and outside of the camsite.
In my case, if I want to help a little, I am not asking for anything in return. If a guy is asking for a show or something and wants that outside of a site and promising to pay outside.. then he probably has not so good intentions. Most recently I have gotten to know a really nice cam model. I know she was struggling financially with some things and I offered to help. I have since done this several times, via bank wire transfer. I never once expected anything in return, I wasn't paying for favors or anything like that, just extending a little compassion and help to someone who needed it.

I guess the moral of the story is... sure, be alert, be careful, don't get scammed. But not all guys are bad! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.