AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ivy__'s cam quality on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nordling said:
The resolution seems great for MFC, but her room's color appears to be almost monochromatic--sepia at best. Does her room really not contain objects with greens or blues?

I get what you're saying...I think that's a resultant of her cam's hue/saturation settings, which she could probably adjust to compensate for the current 'overly warm' tones. Her white balance is definitely off a tad, but sheesh, I still can't believe how it almost seems like I'm staring into her soul with the stunning clarity.

Nordling said:
The resolution seems great for MFC, but her room's color appears to be almost monochromatic--sepia at best. Does her room really not contain objects with greens or blues?

Well, maybe nothing that shows up on cam. When you can see the lighting she uses reflecting off the walls and such, it actually appears to be more of a yellow or orange-ish light. So the walls might even be just a plain white. I dunno.

NikiSkyler had a great quality stream yesterday and Shy's sister SuperzBELLA hasn't been listed as HD, but has had a great quality feed the past week or so, too.

Finally caught her on cam and her cam stream/quality is definitely an order of magnitude better than the average cam.

I'd put the cam picture quality at like 1.5x the typical cam, and the cam speed/FPS at like 2x the typical cam.

Has anyone actually asked her all the variables of her setup (computer/cam/internet speed/settings/etc.) ... not for the sake of getting in on her competitive advantage vs. the field ... but for science? It seems like mostly conjecture in this thread.

Reactions: UncleThursday
Nordling said:

I after watching her a bit that was my impression also. The focus is quite sharp much better than typical, but the color is muted. Overall I think she has a very good feed, but no where near as good as Streammates or Skype.

NataliaGrey said:
When I saw this, I thought it was about IvyJean's cam. I guess everyone named Ivy is a tech genius. IvyJean's is quite a bit more colorful, though. She just seems to have an amazing depth of field and vibrancy.

Noticed a few others with great speed/framerate to their streams. VampireDoll comes to mind. The speed and quality of the stream is great, but the overuse of strong white backlighting to make her appeal more pale (I guess for the whole vampire bit) is off putting, especially if she pans down so you can see the bed she is on, which is also white.

Maybe the screencaps I've seen of her room (I have never seen her on cam) aren't doing it justice, but it would seem her cam feed is pretty comparable to lots of other girls I've seen on MFC.

I know I can get my cam quality very crisp and clear on my end of the model broadcaster, but have no idea how comparable what I see is to what you guys see on the member side.

As far as the HD option goes, I've never gotten it to work without it lagging out the video feed incredibly bad. So I don't use it. I've had people tell me my feed is clearer than other girls who are using the HD option, so I don't see a point, personally.

Attachments

• 2013-09-13_18-01-42-202.png
    2013-09-13_18-01-42-202.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 274
Jessi said:
I was able to get amazing HD a little while ago, but more recently experienced severe lag. My speedtests came back normal, so I think this is something on MFC's end.

Most likely. A lot of cams, in general, on MFC have been laggy lately.

AmberCutie said:
Maybe the screencaps I've seen of her room (I have never seen her on cam) aren't doing it justice, but it would seem her cam feed is pretty comparable to lots of other girls I've seen on MFC.

I know I can get my cam quality very crisp and clear on my end of the model broadcaster, but have no idea how comparable what I see is to what you guys see on the member side.

As far as the HD option goes, I've never gotten it to work without it lagging out the video feed incredibly bad. So I don't use it. I've had people tell me my feed is clearer than other girls who are using the HD option, so I don't see a point, personally.

You cam looks this clear to me just about every time.

DuoSher said:
AmberCutie said:

You cam looks this clear to me just about every time.
Same here. Your lighting is always spot on, colours are properly balanced, and the image is as well-defined as you can get, given MFC's standard resolution.

FWIW, I notice proper lighting and sound way before I start paying attention to how smooth or sharp the video is. As long as those two elements are in place, I start paying attention to what the model is saying and doing, and not to whether there is video lag, unless, of course, it's a complete slide-show.

I bet there are heaps of model using top logitech cams that have not even installed the Logitech driver and are using the default windows one.

nzhere said:
I bet there are heaps of model using top logitech cams that have not even installed the Logitech driver and are using the default windows one.

And those using Logitech cams on Macs actually have fewer options than those on Windows. :(

UncleThursday said:
nzhere said:

And those using Logitech cams on Macs actually have fewer options than those on Windows. :(

I was under the impression on Mac you must use iGlasses with a Logitech. There are a ton of options, especially with the most recent update. I attempted to manually adjust the settings but they never seem to work out right so I leave it on auto. Also, I adjust during preview (before signing on), then once I sign on, it changes completely; lighting, color, quality..

I don't know if this is the place to ask but I am looking to improve my sound quality on cam. I am purchasing a mic and looking to get a speaker dock for my ipod to play music not on the computer. If anyone has input or experiences with any docking systems or setting this up to sound awesome, can you PM me?

Do you have the latest version of iGlasses?

Modification History:

9/12/2013 - v3.4.1: Fixes a problem where iGlasses would take exclusive access of the IR remote. The remote is now activated manually with the "Use Remote" menu item. Fixes a bug with Logitech webcams where Exposure could drift after being locked. Other fixes and improvements.

Hermione_ said:
UncleThursday said:
nzhere said:

I was under the impression on Mac you must use iGlasses with a Logitech. There are a ton of options, especially with the most recent update. I attempted to manually adjust the settings but they never seem to work out right so I leave it on auto. Also, I adjust during preview (before signing on), then once I sign on, it changes completely; lighting, color, quality..

I don't know if this is the place to ask but I am looking to improve my sound quality on cam. I am purchasing a mic and looking to get a speaker dock for my ipod to play music not on the computer. If anyone has input or experiences with any docking systems or setting this up to sound awesome, can you PM me?

I am not familiar with iGlasses but my understanding is that there are many options not available unless you have the logitech software which is not compatible with Macs. Even if you purchase the logitech cam that is supposedly made for the Mac there are many options not available compared with windows.

Reactions: UncleThursday
Just Me said:
Hermione_ said:
UncleThursday said:
nzhere said:

I am not familiar with iGlasses but my understanding is that there are many options not available unless you have the logitech software which is not compatible with Macs. Even if you purchase the logitech cam that is supposedly made for the Mac there are many options not available compared with windows.

Yes, many of the native Logitech software options are not present on the Mac side, even for cams that are 'HD on Mac'. In fact, the Logitech software, itself, has been discontinued on the Mac side, at least (the video calling one).

Reactions: Just Me
Status
Not open for further replies.