AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Joined ACF *after* signing up for MFC--what now?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2018
Hi all,

I joined MFC after hearing it was more or less the best paying cam girl site, but then a friend who used and ACF for a while suggested I join this forum. So now, after reading about how newbie-unfriendly MFC is, I'm not sure what to do. I haven't spent any time streaming yet, but will my new model tag still go away? I don't even have a camera yet, or really access to a space I can cam (new apartment in 1-2 months will allow for it much better).

As far as I can tell, the main suggestion for learning is "post enough to become a verified model, then READ READ READ" but until then, is there a way to recover from the MFC misstep?

If this has been answered before, please feel free to link me to those posts--I searched "MFC" and "MFC new" and couldn't dig through the results to find anything meaningful.

Thanks in advance,
Siren :h:

MFC is right on par with industry standard as far as payout goes, there just seem to be some very big spenders on mfc when it comes to there favorite ladies. Unless something has changed your new tag should not go away until you have streamed a certain number of hours - I cant remember the exact number.

While posting and becoming verified is super helpful, there is already a ton of info in the public section to get you started if your willing to search it out. Be sure to go through the sticky threads - this is where you will find info about lighting, webcams, mfc share, creating your mfc profile and other aspects of just camming in general... models only will become much more helpful after you have streamed.

MFC can be overwhelming to start with so you may also want to check out chaturbate and streamate as backups. There is lots of info here about both of those sites as well.

MFC is right on par with industry standard as far as payout goes, there just seem to be some very big spenders on mfc when it comes to there favorite ladies. Unless something has changed your new tag should not go away until you have streamed a certain number of hours - I cant remember the exact number.

While posting and becoming verified is super helpful, there is already a ton of info in the public section to get you started if your willing to search it out. Be sure to go through the sticky threads - this is where you will find info about lighting, webcams, mfc share, creating your mfc profile and other aspects of just camming in general... models only will become much more helpful after you have streamed.

MFC can be overwhelming to start with so you may also want to check out chaturbate and streamate as backups. There is lots of info here about both of those sites as well.

That is good to know, thank you! I have been trawling the stickies a bunch and found a bunch of useful info. I am super excited to get access to the rest, but till then--I am definitely going to make use of the info I already have access to.

Thank you for your help!

I don't think you can get models only access until you start streaming but there is actually PLENTY of info in the open section of the forum to get you started!

I don't think you can get models only access until you start streaming but there is actually PLENTY of info in the open section of the forum to get you started!

Hmm, Rereading the info about it, you appear to be correct. Aw well. In a couple months when I'm set up in my own place, I'll start camming and then get access.

Fill in your links here so we can find you! Don't feel that one site has to fit you best. One might be your best bet for a while, then another and back again. Clip sites are great too. MFC has great possibility, but for most of us cam cogs the money is going to trickle in from many sources and require adaptation.

Fill in your links here so we can find you! Don't feel that one site has to fit you best. One might be your best bet for a while, then another and back again. Clip sites are great too. MFC has great possibility, but for most of us cam cogs the money is going to trickle in from many sources and require adaptation.
I haven't gotten a good webcam yet and don't have a space set up to perform, but once that changes I'll def put links up. Thanks for your support. What are clip sites, though, haven't hear that term.

I haven't gotten a good webcam yet and don't have a space set up to perform, but once that changes I'll def put links up. Thanks for your support. What are clip sites, though, haven't hear that term.
Clip sites are for selling videos. ManyVids, Clips4Sale and IWantClips are 3 reliable sites but there are plenty more as well. Since your wanting to work MFC you will want to check out MFC Share as well....I think you get to it from your mfc dashboard.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Clip sites are for selling videos. ManyVids, Clips4Sale and IWantClips are 3 reliable sites but there are plenty more as well. Since your wanting to work MFC you will want to check out MFC Share as well....I think you get to it from your mfc dashboard.

Thank you for explaining!

I haven't gotten a good webcam yet and don't have a space set up to perform
Please do not think that you need to invest a bunch of money and time/effort into preparing to cam before you even start. Spend time researching, of course, but you don't need a pimped out cam room and top of the line cam with a professional lighting setup just to try it out.

More and more often, I see people posting about how they need to buy this, that, and the other or change X, Y, and Z before they can start camming. The wiser business move would probably be to start with what you have, gauge whether or not you want to continue, and then sink some of your earnings back into your business via equipment investments, etc., as you go. The truth of the matter is that your success depends much more on YOU as an individual than what equipment you are using or what your cam room looks like.

This is my general advice to newbs, not just you.

Please do not think that you need to invest a bunch of money and time/effort into preparing to cam before you even start. Spend time researching, of course, but you don't need a pimped out cam room and top of the line cam with a professional lighting setup just to try it out.

More and more often, I see people posting about how they need to buy this, that, and the other or change X, Y, and Z before they can start camming. The wiser business move would probably be to start with what you have, gauge whether or not you want to continue, and then sink some of your earnings back into your business via equipment investments, etc., as you go. The truth of the matter is that your success depends much more on YOU as an individual than what equipment you are using or what your cam room looks like.

That is really good advice, thank you! I am really excited about starting to cam and am a total exhibitionist, so I'm 95% sure I'll love it, but in case I don't, you are right.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE

Thank you, that's a good reminder, really. Once you start reading and absorbing all the info you can, it's easy to get doubts...like ''is my computer good enough?'', ''do I have enough lingerie?'', etc. As you say, it's better to simply try it out first with the basics. Then update if needed. :) I'll try to stick to it!

What worked for me when I first started on mfc was using my laptop webcam in bright natural light during the day. It made my stream seem less blurry and pixelated. And I put a webcam on my wishlist that was bought by a member within a week! It really makes a huge difference to cam every day during your first week with the "new" tag so if possible try to add your schedule for that week to your profile that way more people know when to find you online!

Good luck, beautiful ^_^

Edit to add: if you have a smart phone and good Wi-Fi you can install the Puffin browser and cam from your phone! I setup my phone on a selfie stick and put in my topic that I can't type or read pms. It helps to mess around with Puffin alot before streaming so you can get the hang of it and how it works with mfc.

What worked for me when I first started on mfc was using my laptop webcam in bright natural light during the day. It made my stream seem less blurry and pixelated. And I put a webcam on my wishlist that was bought by a member within a week! It really makes a huge difference to cam every day during your first week with the "new" tag so if possible try to add your schedule for that week to your profile that way more people know when to find you online!

Good luck, beautiful ^_^

Edit to add: if you have a smart phone and good Wi-Fi you can install the Puffin browser and cam from your phone! I setup my phone on a selfie stick and put in my topic that I can't type or read pms. It helps to mess around with Puffin alot before streaming so you can get the hang of it and how it works with mfc.

My laptop webcam is busted unfortunately, so the tip about Puffin is really good to know, thanks! I'll keep in mine the natural lighting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.