AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Jury duty anyone?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker_Babe

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 31, 2010
Earth
thecamgirlreport.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@Poker_Babe69
Tumblr Username
Pokerbabe69
MFC Username
A_Poker_Babe
Streamate Username
PokerCutie
Chaturbate Username
Poker_Babe
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/78365/poker-princess--clip-store
OK so I just got a Jury Duty summons in the mail... I know this might sound like a stupid question, but this will be my first time... can any body who's served on a jury tell me what to expect?

SophiaLocke said:
Get a swastika tattooed on your forehead. It works for me every time.

(Plus, it gets me all the ladies!)
LOL actually, believe it or not, I'd actually like to serve on a jury.

bawksy said:
Tell the Judge you believe cops always tell the truth no matter what.
Awwww bawksy u used my pic as ur avatar, i'm touched.

I've had jury duty 5 or 6 times. The first day they usually will ask if there's a reason you can't serve. If you don't want to serve tell them you are self employed and it would be hard for you to serve. Where I live the judges are pretty cool about letting you off. If you would like to serve just to see what it's all about then they will assign you a number. Again this is the way they do it where I'm from. The Judge will do a lot of explaining the first day of what to expect. They gave me a telephone number and I would call each day to see if I had to serve. If you're an even number or an odd number depends who comes in that day. Jury selection they pull numbers out of a box, if your number is called you go up to the jury box. They ask questions then decide who they keep. If you're rejected they call another number. When they get the jury they want everyone else goes home. Hope this helps! It's not really that bad!

Reactions: Poker_Babe
When I was sent a letter for jury duty I just told them I can't go cause of my job (which I was a CNA at the time). And that I could not afford to take a few work days off to get paid very very litte by going to jury duty. I even called them to tell them that and they told me I did not have to go lol.

I always get disqualified because they ask questions like "are any of your friends police officers or medical professionals"?

Apparently knowing people who help other people disqualifies you.

Here on the one that i actually served on lasted for 2 weeks and the 'stipend' didnt even cover daily parking... The juror level in the free garage was full and you were told to park at the meters on the street. The rest of the summons are usually no more than a wasted day sitting bored to death until they call you for the interview. There are many 'attitudes' you can use to get rejected.

Bocefish said:
Just for general info purposes... there is also a jury duty scam where people con you for personal info:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/juryduty.asp

Hey, I got one of those phone calls! I said "Who were you trying to reach?"

They couldn't tell me my own name! They gave me some common-ass name that probably fools lots of people, and I said "I'm sorry, you have the wrong number." and hung up! :p

The second time, they gave me a list of names, and none of them were mine. :lol:

Just be honest when answering questions. each judge is different as are the lawyers. I once told the judge i wouldn't believe anyone but the cops and her threatened to hold me in contempt. I don't know if he was trying to scare me or what but I was dismissed and that was enough for me to just be honest. The next time I was in the court room 3 years later I was dismissed by being honest. I told them I would lose money if i served the estimated 6 weeks so i was dismissed. There is some pay in some courts for serving but it is not much at all. I was dismissed from a murder trial just by telling the lawyer asking if i believed in the death penalty, that I did. You never know what is going to happen so be honest and if you get picked remember that in many countries you don't get fair impartial juries if any jury at all. :twocents-02cents:

I was told that as a teacher, all I had to do to get out of Jury Duty is tell them I'm a teacher, even if it's summer.

This is because teachers tend to ask too many questions and actually want to research all the facts. :p

LadyLuna said:
I was told that as a teacher, all I had to do to get out of Jury Duty is tell them I'm a teacher, even if it's summer.

This is because teachers tend to ask too many questions and actually want to research all the facts. :p

It all depends on the judge and lawyers.

LadyLuna said:

I don't buy that. Except questions of law directed at the judge during deliberations, jurors don't get to research anything. They have to work with what's given to them during trial. If neither of the attorneys ask a question, then the question doesn't get asked.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I've had to go twice, but never served on a jury.
The first time there was about 8 cases, but so many people that I was only a potential juror for the last one and got dismissed because I couldn't consider giving a twice convicted child molester parole
The second all of the cases wound up settling so I was in and out in under half an hour.

I've always said that I'd be every defense attorney's dream juror because I'm such a firm believer in the constitution. but I think that if i said that I'd probably come across as too eager to serve and wouldn't be accepted on the jury anyways.
My brother used to go catch the light rail down town to watch court trials for fun, and I'm always watching In Session on TruTV lol. I'm probably the only person who actually welcomes jury duty hahaha... I'm such a weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.