AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Just an Idea...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nzhere

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Sep 6, 2010
I just sent this to MFC. Any comments?

Each model gets a click option in their model software to force/push all BASICS or GUESTS or both to a customized signup or BUY tokens page ,

To stop it being abused the amount of times they can use the option per day would be limited and
dependent on their camscore.

Basics would be redirected to the "Become PREMIUM" just $20 BUY tokens page
Guest would be redirected to the "You need to Register" signup page

The model would of course get a referal fee for any guest/basic converted to Premium.

The Basics and Guest can exit the page if they wish and they would not be locked out of the models room.

It would of course provide an annoyance factor to the prospective member. But it may make the model feel a bit better about dealing with some of the basics and guests and there would be the chance of earning a few tokens from doing it along with an increase in users converting to PREMIUM

An interesting idea, but I'll get a sex change operation before anything like this is implemented on MFC.

Actually what would be more cool is if for guests/basics after half an hour of them watching every 10/15 minutes a little "BUY TOKENS AND BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER!" would come up that they have to click 'not now or yeah sure'.

It'd be so annoying and so funny! I wonder how many guests/basics would sign up just so that they could lurk for free without having that popping up every 10 mins of lurking time! Either someone is the kind of person who will buy tokens at least once, and then they'll take that leap, or they're not and will either let the box pop up every 10 mins of lurking or will bugger off elsewhere. I think if you like a model enough that you've been there for half an hour then you should probably fork out for tokens.

I'd also hope that'd dissuade prems from lurking in rooms they know as guests so as to feel guilt free for not spending or talking. I know a lot of guys like that, but I don't. Kind of like watching someone through their window in disguise instead of going up and saying hello to them or calling them.

AND it'd hopefully cut down the amounts of people who record live shows for ages.

Reactions: Curiosity
I think Streamate had the right idea with the whole 'only members who contribute get to see the GOLD show' thing. And the guys who just sit in free chat waiting to see boobs are left behind, staring at the "This model is currently in a GOLD show" screen. BWAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

The_Brown_Fox said:
I think Streamate had the right idea with the whole 'only members who contribute get to see the GOLD show' thing. And the guys who just sit in free chat waiting to see boobs are left behind, staring at the "This model is currently in a GOLD show" screen. BWAHAHAHA!!! :lol:
True, but SM was never a 'free' site. Non-paying members never get to see anything.

We can get frustrated with MFC but their earnings are massive and it's definitely working for them. Their top models are consistently making more and more, and they have no reason to fix what is a very successful system.

Evvie said:
True, but SM was never a 'free' site. Non-paying members never get to see anything.

I didn't say SM was a free site (but they do have free chat). I said I like the idea they had when they came up with GOLD shows...only people contributing get to see the show, which is how it should be.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Evvie said:

I didn't say SM was a free site (but they do have free chat). I said I like the idea they had when they came up with GOLD shows...only people contributing get to see the show, which is how it should be.

I love the gold show idea, but not all models do. I was turned down for a true private once, because privates are unfair to the people with no tokens today.

Shaun__ said:
I love the gold show idea, but not all models do. I was turned down for a true private once, because privates are unfair to the people with no tokens today.

If I was still active on SM, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done GOLD shows. While I do think it's a great concept (only those who paid get to see it), I prefer to not have a bunch of guys barking orders at me while I'm in the middle of a toy show, and then complaining to each other "Aw, but I wanted to see her squirt..." You could be putting on a naked with oil dildo show while swinging from a chandelier, and still get unsatisfied weirdos bugging you every 30 seconds to "SHOW FEET PLZZZ." LOL.

Reactions: Nordling
Shaun__ said:

...honestly, if they really want to give something to the people who don't have tokens, have a booby-prize picture or three that can be sent via message. But on streamate, there's this understanding that if you don't have the money now, you don't get to play today.

On MFC, the gold show idea would be awesome, but it wouldn't *have* to replace public shows if the model didn't want it too. MFC also has a friend's list thing, if they implemented it, they could make it so those on the friend's list can watch whether they tipped or not. But I doubt this would be implemented at all.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Shaun__ said:

If I was still active on SM, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done GOLD shows. While I do think it's a great concept (only those who paid get to see it), I prefer to not have a bunch of guys barking orders at me while I'm in the middle of a toy show, and then complaining to each other "Aw, but I wanted to see her squirt..." You could be putting on a naked with oil dildo show while swinging from a chandelier, and still get unsatisfied weirdos bugging you every 30 seconds to "SHOW FEET PLZZZ." LOL.

That is why I avoid group shows normally, the mood is so bad. :(

Shaun__ said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
Shaun__ said:

That is why I avoid group shows normally, the mood is so bad. :(
I RARELY get people like that in a group show. I think that went out the window the day that public shows became the norm.

I like the idea of the "gold show" type thing but only optional, in other words not at the end of every countdown. It would be nice to have the freedom and relaxed nature of public shows with out the annoyance of morons keyboards. Group shows are just not the same.

What I think would be awesome, but I know will never happen would be if models could set a countdown and then when it is reached all people that tipped would be allowed to see the show even if it was just say 5 tokens. If the model chooses there would be an option to exclude freeloaders from the show. Also if she had regulars that normally tipped but couldn't that day but she wanted to include them she could. It wouldn't force anyone into anything, models that didn't want to use it wouldn't have to and for the ones that did, i'm guessing a lot of extra normal freeloaders would be willing to drop 5 tokens for a show. Like I said I know it won't happen but I would love for it to work like that.

victor0021 said:
What I think would be awesome, but I know will never happen would be if models could set a countdown and then when it is reached all people that tipped would be allowed to see the show even if it was just say 5 tokens. If the model chooses there would be an option to exclude freeloaders from the show. Also if she had regulars that normally tipped but couldn't that day but she wanted to include them she could. It wouldn't force anyone into anything, models that didn't want to use it wouldn't have to and for the ones that did, i'm guessing a lot of extra normal freeloaders would be willing to drop 5 tokens for a show. Like I said I know it won't happen but I would love for it to work like that.
That's actually exactly what the "gold show" type idea is. I want to say Xpeeps implemented this idea but they don't really have any traffic.

JoleneJolene said:
victor0021 said:
That's actually exactly what the "gold show" type idea is. I want to say Xpeeps implemented this idea but they don't really have any traffic.

Oh cool thanks, I wondered what a "gold show" was exactly, my perving is limited to MFC.

victor0021 said:
Oh cool thanks, I wondered what a "gold show" was exactly, my perving is limited to MFC.

To get a GOLD show going, a Streamate model in public chat will set the timer, giving members __ minutes to tip $__ GOLD for a __-minute GOLD show. What takes place in the GOLD show is up to her. Dildo in pussy...anal...double penetration...squirting...whatever. The model will post in the room topic what she plans to do in this GOLD show.

Now if it tells you to tip $10 GOLD for a 10-minute GOLD show, for example, and you only tip $5 GOLD, you WILL NOT be able to see the GOLD show when it begins. So when her show starts, all you will see is the screen - with her photo on it - that says "The model is currently in a GOLD show." You still have time to tip for the show after it's already started, but you'll miss the beginning of it if you wait too long to tip for it.

Now if the countdown has ended and the model has only received, say, $50 (her goal was to get $200) for it, most likely she will cancel it and start the timer all over to give guys another chance to chip in and get to her goal. Sometimes models will still do the show anyway if they're like $50 short of what their goal is. Some models will add to her room topic that the highest tipper will get their named moaned during the show, or something like that.

Reactions: victor0021
I like that idea of gold show, it sounds kind of like a group but payment first, which I like. What I hate about groups is how everyone jumps in and out of them and doesn't stick around for the whole show!
But yeah I can definitely see a lot of guys trying to direct the show etc, they do that in groups too which I hate, not that badly, but at 10 tokens a minute in group, if someone only sticks around for a minute, well I don't feel I should do their requests, but for some reason 'because they're in the show' they think they should get it.

When I first started mfcs I didn't want to do a group, people kept trying to persuade me, and I said I would, but only if all the participants tip me a little to start the show, or it's not happening. They took me in the group, I said that they all needed to tip, only one person did, and I didn't start the show, they got really annoyed about it. It's like, well, I said to you beforehand what the score was, quit bitching.

One of the things I like about public is that only bellends who I can ban make requests, I can clearly say, no requests in show (I mean unless you're doing a private where you're trying to please one person it's ridiculous appealing to one person's fantasy because they tip 30 tokens in show, when others have tipped the rest of the countdowns), and everyone just has to deal with it!

Reactions: LadyLuna
The_Brown_Fox said:
Shaun__ said:

Its not like that, when you do a gold show you give a discription of what you are going to do in your show and the amount of time your show will be.

Then when you go into your Gold Show you only do what you said you were going to do... unless someone tips for something that you don't mind doing. If anyone asks for something you don't want to do you say, I am only doing what I listed but maybe I will feel like doing it later and leave it like that. :)

All the GoldShows I have been in I have heardly seen anyone bark a request to the model, instead the chat is more, like "MmM baby I wish you were riding me like that." and stuff like that.

legmanct said:
Its not like that, when you do a gold show you give a discription of what you are going to do in your show and the amount of time your show will be.

Then when you go into your Gold Show you only do what you said you were going to do... unless someone tips for something that you don't mind doing. If anyone asks for something you don't want to do you say, I am only doing what I listed but maybe I will feel like doing it later and leave it like that. :)

All the GoldShows I have been in I have heardly seen anyone bark a request to the model, instead the chat is more, like "MmM baby I wish you were riding me like that." and stuff like that.

That doesn't mean it never happens. I've been in a SM room where the model had just finished up a GOLD show, and some jerk complained "But you didn't squirt...I wanted to see you squirt." :woops: The point I was making earlier is that one-on-one sessions are more my thing.

Some models who have been in an MFC group show or an AdultWork group chat will tell you that there are guys who will bark out orders, because they think it's acceptable behavior since they're paying. It is the reason that I no longer take special requests in an AW group chat. Special requests belong in private chat...in group chat you sit back and enjoy the hot show you're getting at the lower price.

Why not put a cap on the number of guests and basic in a room?

Suppose a model can set the maximum number of guests and basics allowed (min/max values set by MFC), when the maximum number of guests is reached and a basic enters the room, a guest gets kicked. Same thing with prems and basics (with an unlimited number of premiums allowed, obviously).

One of the reasons I prefer to stay in the lounge is the prem:basic/guest ratios most rooms have.
It's just plain depressing to see the number of people in a room on the front page and most of them turn out to be obvious freeloaders, which, let's face it, is what guests and basics are.
I went into a room the other day that had over 100 people in it and guess what.... all in all it had 10 prems (I know, there are plenty of premium members that don't tip either, but at least they bought tokens once and so are more likely to buy them again).

MFC could give people a bit of an incentive to upgrade to premium status that way.

Duane Dibbley said:
Why not put a cap on the number of guests and basic in a room?

Suppose a model can set the maximum number of guests and basics allowed (min/max values set by MFC), when the maximum number of guests is reached and a basic enters the room, a guest gets kicked. Same thing with prems and basics (with an unlimited number of premiums allowed, obviously).

One of the reasons I prefer to stay in the lounge is the prem:basic/guest ratios most rooms have.
It's just plain depressing to see the number of people in a room on the front page and most of them turn out to be obvious freeloaders, which, let's face it, is what guests and basics are.
I went into a room the other day that had over 100 people in it and guess what.... all in all it had 10 prems (I know, there are plenty of premium members that don't tip either, but at least they bought tokens once and so are more likely to buy them again).

MFC could give people a bit of an incentive to upgrade to premium status that way.

But don't you realise that hanging out in the lounge is the exact reason this happens? You're saying, I'm a prem because there are only 10 prems in a room, well what if you and 10 others are thinking the exact same thing so are watching from a distance? I hate it when people watch from the pm viewer too, a few of my regulars like doing it, I'll often have 10 premiums in my room and an extra 10 watching from the pm viewer, let alone how many extras will sneakily watch from the lounge. That is a function I wish mfcs didn't have, it encourages freeloading, and I don't think you can ban people from either.

I think it would be interesting to checkout the average date of signup of all the basics in a room.

The ones who have been Basics for 2 or more years are the ones MFC needs to give a push into converting to PREMIUMS

That was the whole initial idea.

300 guys in a room and 10 are premiums wtf kind of ratio is that. 200 guest and 100 basics.

Right click a basics name and eject them to the buy tokens page. :think:

Lets throw in some silly figures, say 1000 rooms online, each gets to eject all basics in their room ONCE a day. Lets give a silly low figure 20 basics in each one of those 1000 rooms.

20000 basics pushed to convert to premiums? even if %1 converted :think:

Isabella_deL said:
An extra 10 watching from the pm viewer, let alone how many extras will sneakily watch from the lounge. That is a function I wish mfcs didn't have, it encourages freeloading, and I don't think you can ban people from either.

Nope, it won't let you ban PM viewers, which I find annoying.

nzhere said:

Each model gets a click option in their model software to force/push all BASICS or GUESTS or both to a customized signup or BUY tokens page ,

To stop it being abused the amount of times they can use the option per day would be limited and

The model would of course get a referal fee for any guest/basic converted to Premium.

The Basics and Guest can exit the page if they wish and they would not be locked out of the models room.

It would of course provide an annoyance factor to the prospective member. But it may make the model feel a bit better about dealing with some of the basics and guests and there would be the chance of earning a few tokens from doing it along with an increase in users converting to PREMIUM

Why wait on MFC to do anything? The model can spam her BAF link in chat, or even have a prize for new premiums. For every new premium (who uses her BAF link), the get some free pictures. It doesn't have to be a lot of pictures, and it could even be some nice screencaps (just to give them a taste).

To take it further, you could even have a "new premium" raffle. For a day or a week, all new premiums get entered in (copy of the MFC Admin mail can be used as proof), and at the end, the winner get a prize. There are a lot of creative girls out there, and who knows, you might end up with some new regulars. Some guys just need a little push... ;)

schlmoe said:
nzhere said:

Why wait on MFC to do anything? The model can spam her BAF link in chat, or even have a prize for new premiums. For every new premium (who uses her BAF link), the get some free pictures. It doesn't have to be a lot of pictures, and it could even be some nice screencaps (just to give them a taste).

To take it further, you could even have a "new premium" raffle. For a day or a week, all new premiums get entered in (copy of the MFC Admin mail can be used as proof), and at the end, the winner get a prize. There are a lot of creative girls out there, and who knows, you might end up with some new regulars. Some guys just need a little push... ;)
In my experience nothing kills a room vibe and distracts from earning money more than trying to engage basics and give incentives. It's a fun idea but from the model side it's a suicidal one.

nzhere said:
I think it would be interesting to checkout the average date of signup of all the basics in a room.

The ones who have been Basics for 2 or more years are the ones MFC needs to give a push into converting to PREMIUMS

That was the whole initial idea.

300 guys in a room and 10 are premiums wtf kind of ratio is that. 200 guest and 100 basics.

Right click a basics name and eject them to the buy tokens page. :think:

Lets throw in some silly figures, say 1000 rooms online, each gets to eject all basics in their room ONCE a day. Lets give a silly low figure 20 basics in each one of those 1000 rooms.

20000 basics pushed to convert to premiums? even if %1 converted :think:
FWIW I wrote a little bookmarklet a while ago to highlight the age of accounts of basics in a room. I'll post the code below. Mainly wrote it because a model room I was in was playing "ban the basic" or something similar and I wanted to easily see who to suggest.

FreeloaderExample.png

Code:
javascript:(
function(){    
	var playerWindow = window.frames[0].document.querySelector('#main').contentWindow.g_tRef;    
	var playerDocument = window.frames[0].document.querySelector('#main').contentDocument;
	function highlightFreeLoaders(){    
		var severity = ['','Yellow','Orange','Pink','Red','DarkRed'];    
		var users = playerWindow.g_hUsers;    
		[].slice.call(playerDocument.querySelectorAll('.people_registered span span')).forEach(function(e){
			var userID = e.getAttribute('name').substring(4);
			var now = new Date();
			if (users[userID]) {    
				var dt = new Date();    
				dt.setTime(parseInt(users[userID].creation_date) * 1000);    
				var diff = now.getFullYear() - dt.getFullYear();    
				e.style.backgroundColor = severity[diff >= severity.length ? severity.length - 1 : diff];
			}    
		});
	}
	highlightFreeLoaders();
	playerDocument.querySelector('#people_box').addEventListener('DOMSubtreeModified', highlightFreeLoaders);
}());

schlmoe said:
nzhere said:

We are not allowed to promote our BAF links directly on MFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.