AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Just banned my first member

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinderella27

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 20, 2016
los angeles
MFC Username
Sinderella27
Been camming about 3 months now. I really like it. But just banned one of my regulars. He was getting really pushy, bossy and annoying. And I'm pretty sure he reported me for showing my friend on the cam for like a second. I know I know it's against the rules. He just kept telling me and telling me and telling me that I'm going to get banned and he was ruining everyone's fun even when I tried to direct him another way and say let's not focus on this. But he wouldn't let up and this is not his first offense with me. So, I decided no more, he's gone but for some reason I still feel guilty about this .is this just because I'm new? Just looking for some reassurance

Reactions: Influenced
Unless he has screencaps of it I don't think you have anything to worry about on his threats.

I've banned 2 of my high tipping regulars when I used to cam on CB due to them being bossy,aggressive, creepy--and you know what? I wish I had done it sooner and not suffered for months and even over a year with one guy. When I first started camming, I had this amazing high tipper who did SO much for me. And I let him get away with behavior that makes me cringe now. He'd be demanding, abusive,disruptive, clingy, pressuring and became really detrimental to my whole show. I felt guilty for banning him but now when I look back years later it feels good that I stood up for myself. Honestly, banning people does way more good than bad for your room vibe. It's your room-- you can ban whoever you want. Especially when you've given them many opportunities to straighten up their act. I was so worried about being nice in the beginning with giving people chances and trying to be accommodating and now I pretty much ban with the slightest hint of controlling behavior right away.

Yeah, good call on your part, remove the rift raft from your room and just forget about it and enjoy yourself, the more your members see
you are not going to put up with anyone's bullshit, the more they will respect you and want to come back and support you because they
will see you will not let bullshit members cloud up your room. This is one of my pet peeves about members acting as if they should have
some say in what you choose to do with your room etc, basic disruption, whether through pm's or not, us other members can usually tell
whether the model mentions it or not if something or someone in the room is upsetting her, thus ruining the fun vibe throughout the room.

Again Good Call!

There will always be people who feel entitled because they tip you a lot or help you a lot. In the end it's still your room with your rules, and if he has broken them, or is a negative influence in your room then he needs to go. period.

There are two sorts of folks you ban, the first group is simple, the drive-by trolls, random insulters, and folks that have stopped in your room just to be disruptive. These folks should be punted, and forgotten. You'll see an endless supply of them if you are camming for any length of time.

Your situation is the harder one. A regular who has been providing support had become a problem.

It's always difficult to ban someone whom has supported you and contributed to your financial success. But at the same time there is a group of folks, who have the cash, who find new models, and then try to impose their will onto them. They Bully, they push off new tippers, they demand you meet their wishes. All of them play on the fear that you'll loose their vital support. It's not unlike the profile of an abusive boy friend.

The bottom line is that over the long haul these folks will cost you new members, tips and so forth. They want to control you, and that is inherently limiting. So you made the 100% right choice in tossing this guy over board.

It's a bummer, but it happens. On the other hand over time, you'll find a lot of supportive regulars who are there for you and not to control you. And in the long run they will help you weed out the users by just being the good folks they are.

Good luck. You made it to the three month point! Over the worst of the starting hump!

There are two sorts of folks you ban, the first group is simple, the drive-by trolls, random insulters, and folks that have stopped in your room just to be disruptive. These folks should be punted, and forgotten. You'll see an endless supply of them if you are camming for any length of time.

Your situation is the harder one. A regular who has been providing support had become a problem.

It's always difficult to ban someone whom has supported you and contributed to your financial success. But at the same time there is a group of folks, who have the cash, who find new models, and then try to impose their will onto them. They Bully, they push off new tippers, they demand you meet their wishes. All of them play on the fear that you'll loose their vital support. It's not unlike the profile of an abusive boy friend.

The bottom line is that over the long haul these folks will cost you new members, tips and so forth. They want to control you, and that is inherently limiting. So you made the 100% right choice in tossing this guy over board.

It's a bummer, but it happens. On the other hand over time, you'll find a lot of supportive regulars who are there for you and not to control you. And in the long run they will help you weed out the users by just being the good folks they are.

Good luck. You made it to the three month point! Over the worst of the starting hump!
This is brilliant advice.

This is brilliant advice. I really appreciate it. Im so enjoying learning the ins and outs of this business!

Status
Not open for further replies.