AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Killer Instinct and my Twitch streaming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2011
So, anyone on here have Killer Instinct and want to have someone to play with? I'm up and willing.

Also, my twitch page is twitch.tv/unclethursday. Feel free to stop in, chat, tell me how bad I suck at whatever game I am playing, etc.

A quick 2 examples from my Twitch stream:

Slap those dirty buttons!

Insane comeback I did in a ranked match:

I will have to look into this. I love the original Killer Instinct! I played on cam a last week and was getting back into the groove after not playing for like five years. I managed to do Orchid's one fatality, where she shows her boobs to the opponent and their eyes pop out of their skull, twice. I squeed and squeed. Original Killer Instinct is probably my favorite fighter game, please don't stone me to death :shifty: ...

Reactions: UncleThursday
xSALTx said:
I will have to look into this. I love the original Killer Instinct! I played on cam a last week and was getting back into the groove after not playing for like five years. I managed to do Orchid's one fatality, where she shows her boobs to the opponent and their eyes pop out of their skull, twice. I squeed and squeed. Original Killer Instinct is probably my favorite fighter game, please don't stone me to death :shifty: ...

I love the original, too. I even bought the $40 version of KI for the Xbox One (there's a free demo, a $20 full game, and $40 full game, plus classic skins, plus KI Classic) mainly so I could get emulated KI on a console.

But, goddamn if I can't do anything in the old game anymore. :lol:

Reactions: xSALTx
UncleThursday said:
xSALTx said:

I love the original, too. I even bought the $40 version of KI for the Xbox One (there's a free demo, a $20 full game, and $40 full game, plus classic skins, plus KI Classic) mainly so I could get emulated KI on a console.

It takes a little re-acclimation. My problem is my hands are not used to fighter games at all anymore. They cramp up like a bitch and I got a little controller rub burn on one of my fingers. :shock: I think I need to get one of these bad boys
AmjwFvv.jpg

I shall surpass my old combo record of 42, oh yes. :geek:

But I am very intrigued about this new one. Slight problem: I don't deal well with change. The 3D arena might cause issues...

Oh, well we shall see. :handgestures-salute:

xSALTx said:
UncleThursday said:
xSALTx said:

It takes a little re-acclimation. My problem is my hands are not used to fighter games at all anymore. They cramp up like a bitch and I got a little controller rub burn on one of my fingers. :shock: I think I need to get one of these bad boys
AmjwFvv.jpg

I shall surpass my old combo record of 42, oh yes. :geek:

But I am very intrigued about this new one. Slight problem: I don't deal well with change. The 3D arena might cause issues...

Oh, well we shall see. :handgestures-salute:

It's 2.5D. All the action takes place on a 2D plane, but all the characters and backgrounds are 3D modeled.

Some of the systems have changed, too. Combo breakers are now just hitting both punch and kick of the same strength double or linker used against you. You can't break enders unless they go opener right into ender. And they added a new counter breaker system, where the person doing the combo can hit both mediums and if the person getting hit by the combo tries to break right then, the breaker is broken and the combo is reset... but if they don't attempt to break, then the person doing the combo drops their combo and is wide open for counter attack.

Here's an example from last night I did with a counter breaker that won me the match:

Reactions: xSALTx
What other games do you have for the Xbox One? I haven't decided to get Killer Instinct yet. I might next week though.

DuoSher said:
What other games do you have for the Xbox One? I haven't decided to get Killer Instinct yet. I might next week though.

Crimson Dragon and Battlefield 4.

As to KI... remember, the demo is free. And it is a 'generous demo' as they are calling it. All modes of play, including online, but only one character to use. Currently it is Jago, but the plan is to rotate the roster so that demo players get a chance to try out each character. So, not hard to at least check the demo out first, to see if it is something you might enjoy. But, I also say this, if you do decide you want more than just Jago, I suggest buying the $20 version, unless you are an old school KI fan and want the classic skins and KI Classic.

Here's what comes with each:

Demo: all play modes currently available (unsure if arcade mode will be added to the demo or not), one character (currently Jago), can buy additional character for $5 per (waste unless you know you ONLY want 1-2, otherwise just upgrade to the $20 version to save money-- comes out to $30 to buy all permanently and Orchid isn't even available for purchase yet).

$20 version: Everything in demo, plus: the ability to unlock 6 of the 9 accessories for each character, all 6 launch characters plus Spinal in January and Fulgore in March, arcade mode when that gets released with Fulgore, ability to unlock achievements.

$40 version: Everything above, plus: 3 extra accessories per character that do no need to be unlocked (only available with the $40 version), classic skins when they are released, Killer Instinct Classic (emulated arcade version from 1994, both 1.4 ROM and 1.5 final ROM to play, also has its own 1000 gamer score worth of achievements).

Reactions: DuoShi
UncleThursday said:
DuoSher said:

Crimson Dragon and Battlefield 4.

As to KI... remember, the demo is free. And it is a 'generous demo' as they are calling it. All modes of play, including online, but only one character to use. Currently it is Jago, but the plan is to rotate the roster so that demo players get a chance to try out each character. So, not hard to at least check the demo out first, to see if it is something you might enjoy. But, I also say this, if you do decide you want more than just Jago, I suggest buying the $20 version, unless you are an old school KI fan and want the classic skins and KI Classic.

Here's what comes with each:

Demo: all play modes currently available (unsure if arcade mode will be added to the demo or not), one character (currently Jago), can buy additional character for $5 per (waste unless you know you ONLY want 1-2, otherwise just upgrade to the $20 version to save money-- comes out to $30 to buy all permanently and Orchid isn't even available for purchase yet).

$20 version: Everything in demo, plus: the ability to unlock 6 of the 9 accessories for each character, all 6 launch characters plus Spinal in January and Fulgore in March, arcade mode when that gets released with Fulgore, ability to unlock achievements.

$40 version: Everything above, plus: 3 extra accessories per character that do no need to be unlocked (only available with the $40 version), classic skins when they are released, Killer Instinct Classic (emulated arcade version from 1994, both 1.4 ROM and 1.5 final ROM to play, also has its own 1000 gamer score worth of achievements).

ULTRAAAAAA COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

DuoSher said:
UncleThursday said:
ULTRAAAAAA COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yep. $20 version is called the Combo Breaker Add On Pack. The $40 version is the Ultra Combo Add On Pack. They are both able to be purchased from within the demo.

Here's my review which should give a good breakdown to those who might think of purchasing it. Just remember, there is currently barely any single player modes right now, so that might affect purchasing decisions for the time being:

I'm starting to get better at these bloody combos. Right now I can play Jago and Sadira. I'm trying to figure out Orchid now.

So, I decided to use a smooth radio style voice in my stream today. Seemed pretty popular.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 3.38.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 3.38.12 PM.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 3.31.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-28 at 3.31.30 PM.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 62
Spinal has been released.

Also classic skins for Orchid, Jago, Saberwulf and Galacius have been released to the $40 version owners. Orchid's classic skin is also available for purchase separately.

Most of the $40 version accessories have also been released for separate download.

UncleThursday said:

Also classic skins for Orchid, Jago, Saberwulf and Galacius have been released to the $40 version owners. Orchid's classic skin is also available for purchase separately.

Most of the $40 version accessories have also been released for separate download.

I like Spinal a lot.

DuoShi said:
UncleThursday said:

I like Spinal a lot.

Me too, Hard to use effectively, but that could also be because I haven't really played in a few weeks.

UncleThursday said:
DuoShi said:
UncleThursday said:

I like Spinal a lot.

Me too, Hard to use effectively, but that could also be because I haven't really played in a few weeks.

I keep mixing up his moves with Orchid and Jago, so I keep whiffing combos. :sadface

I changed my mind. I don't like Spinal anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.