AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Laptop Specifications For Webcam Modeling

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2023
Chaturbate Username
lil_popcorn
Hello Cam Community,

I’m eager to start broadcasting, however the problem is I don’t own a laptop.

Does anyone know the required laptop specifications for webcam modeling?

Also, I would appreciate if some laptop models can be recommended.

Thank you so much
xoxo❤️

You don't need much for camming. Most laptops released in the past few years will be able to handles streaming easily. I would say it would be better to look into all the others things that you might want out of a laptop, like video editing capabilities, screen size/resolution, brightness, battery life, ports, etc.

Reactions: KingMarti
Also know that a built in Webcam will not be sufficient, you will need to invest in a decent external webcam. Also make sure the laptop has a ethernet port, so you can hardwire your connection. A lot easier than using usb ethernet adapters. You can cam off wifi but it's going to be much more stable with a hardwired connection

Hello Cam Community,

I’m eager to start broadcasting, however the problem is I don’t own a laptop.

Does anyone know the required laptop specifications for webcam modeling?

Also, I would appreciate if some laptop models can be recommended.

Thank you so much
xoxo❤️
LAPTOP: ASUS - ROG Zephyrus GA402RJ: ~$1,100 USD

EXTERNAL WEBCAM: Logitech C920 or C922

INTERNET UPSTREAM SPEEDS FOR RESOLUTIONS
Screen_Shot_2020-07-22_at_7.01.51_PM.png

Reactions: Autumnpleasure
You need an i7 or above, I started with a laptop bought in 2019 with only an i3 processor - it was very difficult. Buying a gaming standard machine made a huge difference. And yes external cams are much better than the built in cam. You may also consider an external microphone too.

You need an i7 or above, I started with a laptop bought in 2019 with only an i3 processor - it was very difficult. Buying a gaming standard machine made a huge difference. And yes external cams are much better than the built in cam. You may also consider an external microphone too.
Just to add i5 may be good enough, but definitely not i3!

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Also know that a built in Webcam will not be sufficient, you will need to invest in a decent external webcam. Also make sure the laptop has a ethernet port, so you can hardwire your connection. A lot easier than using usb ethernet adapters. You can cam off wifi but it's going to be much more stable with a hardwired connection
I would add that it's important to make sure that the built in ethernet adapter can handle faster internet speeds otherwise you'll end up having to use a usb adapter anyway

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
I am totally no expert with anything IT - related but here is my two cents worth anyways;

If it comes down to a choice between Windows or Macintosh - my personal preference is Mac for camming. I have two macbooks that I use, tried swapping for windows based laptop once and I couldnt stand it, the display felt slow and "grey" even if it was a more recent version than my macbooks are.

Mac graphics are much better and the screen does not tire my eyes out even after hours.

Just to add i5 may be good enough, but definitely not i3!
This depends entirely on the generation of the processor. A current gen i3 will outperform some of the older i5s and i7s. An i3 might not have been ideal a couple of years ago, but since streaming requirements haven't changed that likely isn't the cases as there has been year over year performance increases. There are also many variations that that exists between the i3/i5/i7 in each generation.

This depends entirely on the generation of the processor. A current gen i3 will outperform some of the older i5s and i7s. An i3 might not have been ideal a couple of years ago, but since streaming requirements haven't changed that likely isn't the cases as there has been year over year performance increases. There are also many variations that that exists between the i3/i5/i7 in each generation.
Mine was a multiple gen i3 but not much better than the first i3 which I still have.

The AMD Ryzen 9-6900HS in the above-referenced ASUS laptop is comparable to an Intel Core i7-12800H.

Note that the Intel cpus have built in x264 compression hardware that works so you do not have to rely on the cpu. The AMD's compression hardware is junk so you must use the CPU for compression which will work for 1920x1080 but is probably not going to work for higher resolutions. Anything with a higher end Nvidia card has good hardware compression (check the nvidia model against this list https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-and-decode-gpu-support-matrix-new make sure number of nvenc chips is not 0. Any Nvidia card in that list will be able to do 4k, the build in intel card should also do 4k, the AMD cpu will not be able to do 4k.

I did not know this! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.