AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lighting and scary viewers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2021
Greetings! Why there are viewers that enter a room but leave almost immediately ? I also would like to know what you guys think of the elgato key light air? is it worth an investment ? i just have one ring light and it does not give me that brightness of light....thank u

Why there are viewers that enter a room but leave almost immediately ?

I would imagine the simplest/most common reason is that they are browsing different rooms, trying to decide which model to visit. The thumbnail images are helpful, but you really have to enter a model’s room to get a clearer idea of whether it’s for you or not.

Having said that, I wouldn’t take a quick departure too personally. Sometimes guys are just in browsing mode, and aren’t going to stay anywhere for more than a few seconds even if they like the model.

When I browse, I go through multiple rooms and make a quick decision whether to follow the model or not (if I can’t decide quickly, I err on the side of following them so I can return and spend more time later). I’ll follow a bunch of new-to-me models at the same time without staying in the room too long, with the idea of paying each of those models a proper visit once I am no longer browsing.

I would imagine the simplest/most common reason is that they are browsing different rooms, trying to decide which model to visit. The thumbnail images are helpful, but you really have to enter a model’s room to get a clearer idea of whether it’s for you or not.

Having said that, I wouldn’t take a quick departure too personally. Sometimes guys are just in browsing mode, and aren’t going to stay anywhere for more than a few seconds even if they like the model.

When I browse, I go through multiple rooms and make a quick decision whether to follow the model or not (if I can’t decide quickly, I err on the side of following them so I can return and spend more time later). I’ll follow a bunch of new-to-me models at the same time without staying in the room too long, with the idea of paying each of those models a proper visit once I am no longer browsing.
thank you! very helpful

Reactions: Smoothie
The reverse is also true. If someone is in your room, that doesn't mean he is watching you. It only means he has your room opened in one of his browser tabs.

At least that's what I think. I don't believe that camsites "sense" if the browser tab is the one the user is looking at.

Reactions: Amberladyx
I also would like to know what you guys think of the elgato key light
I don't know what the air one is, but I have 2 of the key lights and they are amazing.

I also would like to know what you guys think of the elgato key light air? is it worth an investment ? i just have one ring light and it does not give me that brightness of light....thank u
It's not going to be super bright, and you don't really get your money's worth with Elgato lights. They also are designed more gamers sitting at their desks, so depending on how you cam they might not be ideal. If space isn't a concern you could get something like the Mountdog Softbox lighting Kit which comes with two softboxes and would be cheaper and significantly brighter than the air. If you want the same form factor you could get the Godox ES45, which is comparable to the Elgato Key Light, but currently cheaper than the air.

Greetings! Why there are viewers that enter a room but leave almost immediately ?
If this is on CB, it's probably viewers using the 'next cam' feature (it's in the top right corner of the screen, see below). Other sites may have a similar feature.
It can be fun sometimes if you'd rather just take a random approach, rather than scroll through pages of thumbnails or search hashtags.
Only takes an instant to decide if you're moving on or not.
If the constant announcements of users in/out is a distraction, or makes the chat scroll too quickly to follow, you can change settings to show certain user types only, or none at all.
Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 15-36-51 Chaturbate .png

Reactions: Catwave
If this is on CB, it's probably viewers using the 'next cam' feature (it's in the top right corner of the screen, see below). Other sites may have a similar feature.
It can be fun sometimes if you'd rather just take a random approach, rather than scroll through pages of thumbnails or search hashtags.
Only takes an instant to decide if you're moving on or not.
If the constant announcements of users in/out is a distraction, or makes the chat scroll too quickly to follow, you can change settings to show certain user types only, or none at all.
View attachment 90680
MFC also have this feature, I always assume members that enter my room and leave within a second are using this, probably just browsing

Reactions: rockin_rod
Scary viewers? i wouldn't be concerned at all, this is completely normal for most camsites that have a 'Next cam' option.
Also if you see the same name and it's a regular , it could even be the web-browsers autofill when they type in the URL to connect to the website

Status
Not open for further replies.