AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Limits on Chaturbate Hashtags?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Does anyone know what is the maximum number of hashtags that CB will index for you? I noticed that you can enter a lot more text into the title of a room than will appear to the room. If you hover over the title you see the additional text in a balloon. Would CB index a larger number of hashtags beyond what would fit into the visible part of the title? Is there any hard coded limit on the number of hashtags CB will use? They may have a limit and simply not publish it....

Does anyone know what is the maximum number of hashtags that CB will index for you? I noticed that you can enter a lot more text into the title of a room than will appear to the room. If you hover over the title you see the additional text in a balloon. Would CB index a larger number of hashtags beyond what would fit into the visible part of the title? Is there any hard coded limit on the number of hashtags CB will use? They may have a limit and simply not publish it....
I believe it’s a character limit, not a hashtag limit.

I’ve noticed if I have a long room subject/title, followed by my normal hashtags, the ones in the back get cut off once I launch the app. But I’ve never actually counted how many characters there are before they get dropped.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
I believe it’s a character limit, not a hashtag limit.

I’ve noticed if I have a long room subject/title, followed by my normal hashtags, the ones in the back get cut off once I launch the app. But I’ve never actually counted how many characters there are before they get dropped.

I did confirm that the limit is 200 characters. Are you saying that when you enter hashtags into a hashtag field in some App that the resulting subject line the App puts up for you truncates everything past 200 characters?

Upvote 0
I did confirm that the limit is 200 characters. Are you saying that when you enter hashtags into a hashtag field in some App that the resulting subject line the App puts up for you truncates everything past 200 characters?
I use the auto-reset goal app & multi-goal app a lot, which trumps the regular default room subject. The room subject & hashtags get entered into one field on the app together. So when I’ve had a longer room subject, with my usual hashtags, I’ve noticed the hashtags at the end don’t post, or get cutoff. I’m not sure if the apps like that are the same amount of characters or less, than if just entered into the default room subject area.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0

Why don't you get your own model account already and work things like this out yourself?

Upvote 0
Why don't you get your own model account already and work things like this out yourself?

Not even a model account is needed, I don't think. I just think to create an account and you can go to your broadcast and mess with apps, settings, and everything -- just don't start the stream.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.