AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Little Quirks Of You

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't it take forever to eat things with such a small spoon? I think I'm too lazy and love food too much for that. I'd want it in my gob as soon as possible!

I can't think of anything, but maybe something will come to me when more people have replied and I have a AHH moment. Right now I'm still imagining how crap it would be to eat with a tiny spoon... sorry, I don't mean that to be rude to you.
I'd eat with a shovel used for digging graves if it would fit in my gob!

I cannot stand a messily folded umbrella. All the creases and folds must be straight and flat, then neatly rolled up and snapped securely. Nothing else in my life is as neat and tidy as my umbrellas. Not sure why I’m so OCD about this one thing...

Reactions: Lollie Berrymilk
One of mine is that I've never liked big spoons and if at all possible I will not use one. For cereal, soup or dessert it's always a teaspoon for me.
I always go for the smaller spoons and forks, I also hate using the big ones. This may be in reaction to my mom always wanting the biggest damn utensil available and chewing us kids out if we brought her a "wimpy" one. My sisters and I would joke about bringing her a pitchfork and a shovel.

I like teaspoons, too! I picked that up from my girlfriend, though. Something I've done since childhood is suck my tongue. It's a little too long for my mouth, so when I'm relaxed it pokes out and I suck on it.

I have to use small spoons since my mouth is smaller than a normal person lol.

I make random sounds. Just because. I don’t know why. They just happen.

Ever since I became reclusive and shy (from bullying) I always unwrapped presents with minimal damage to the wrapping paper. Like I will even cut the tape off so I don't tear the wrapping paper.

People think it's rude, but I always thought it was just a weird thing I do. I finally realize it's because the loud noise gives me anxiety and reminds me of the loud noises I'd hear when I got screamed at.

Well, that got dark.

UM LIGHTER WEIRD QUIRK.

When I make chicken noodle soup, I rinse the chicken noodles with water before I microwave them, thus eliminating almost all flavor. It's weird, but it's because when I was a young child my grandma who almost died from a heart attack tried making our food as low fat as she could so she would eliminate almost all the fat from everything.

Thought for sure the small spoon reasoning was going to be due to the larger ones with a 10-12" handle being a great whup-ass tool readily available to correct misbehavior, lol.

I can't think of anything myself, except I'm more opposite because I do not like having only clean teaspoons left to eat cereal and soup with.

Dated a girl once (Briefly) who wouldn't own beverage glasses larger than a 10-ounce capacity.

In the spoon line of thought: I mostly like smaller spoons but there are certain situations where I have special "thoup spoons" which is title from my childhood when I had no front teeth.

I also have a thing where I swish my leg back and forth like a cat's tail when umm trying to fall asleep. When I'm stressed out I run my nails across my scalp-- interestingly, this is a true generic idiosyncrasy. My nephew, who I'd never met until he was 4 years old does the exact same thing when he gets overtired or over stimulated.

When I read, I subconsciously mimic the actions or expressions of the characters. They smile, I smile; they raise an eyebrow, I raise an eyebrow. I do hand gestures too like waving or whatever. I don’t notice I’m doing it until I’m emoting a LOT haha.

When I eat a meal, I eat all of one thing at a time. E.g. first all the broccoli, then all the potatoes, then the meat, then the bread. Guess I have had about 4 or 5 people over the years mention it, one said it creeped them out. Dunno.

Never wash my coffee cup. Use it for months on end without washing it. This seems to bother people too, had a couple of family members swipe it a few times and wash it against my wishes.

When I start thinking about a situation, if it really gets ahold of me, I will start having conversations with the people that are involved in my head. I imagine talking to them, then I switch over and roleplay as them, then I answer them back. Problem with this is, depending on the circumstance I can get really carried away. Start talking out loud, completely lose track of my surroundings (usually a lot of pacing involved too). Can go on for hours, depending on how much mental energy I have. Really seems to unnerve some people.

Doesn't it take forever to eat things with such a small spoon?

Maybe that was part of my child's mind reasoning - the portion of ice cream or dessert was bigger and lasted longer with the small spoon. :think: It's stayed with me. Nowadays if I'm out in a more formal dining setting with no recourse to a small spoon, it just doesn't feel right with the big spoon.

Great to see other small spoon lovers here. :hi: I thought I was a weird small spoon loner. We shall overcome! We will prevail!

ver since I became reclusive and shy (from bullying) I always unwrapped presents with minimal damage to the wrapping paper. Like I will even cut the tape off so I don't tear the wrapping paper.

People think it's rude, but I always thought it was just a weird thing I do.

It baffles me that people find that rude, I was always impressed by people who could open things neatly. I can't even open the boxes cosmetics come in without tearing them up, I'm a clumsy bitch.

When I'm stressed out I run my nails across my scalp

I do this when I'm bored, or just don't have anything else to do with my hands. It's part of why I knit/crochet so much, so I'll leave my head alone.

When I eat a meal, I eat all of one thing at a time. E.g. first all the broccoli, then all the potatoes, then the meat, then the bread. Guess I have had about 4 or 5 people over the years mention it, one said it creeped them out. Dunno.

I thought finishing all of each item before proceeding to another was normal, that's how most people I've met eat. It's how I usually eat, except for when I would mix my entire plate together to gross my sisters out.

I thought finishing all of each item before proceeding to another was normal, that's how most people I've met eat. It's how I usually eat, except for when I would mix my entire plate together to gross my sisters out.
Always seemed to be the way to do it to me. Nobody else in family does it. Honestly seems quirkier to me to notice such a thing someone else is doing. Who knows

Ever since I became reclusive and shy (from bullying) I always unwrapped presents with minimal damage to the wrapping paper. Like I will even cut the tape off so I don't tear the wrapping paper.

People think it's rude, but I always thought it was just a weird thing I do. I finally realize it's because the loud noise gives me anxiety and reminds me of the loud noises I'd hear when I got screamed at.

Color me a bully because it always irritated me how my sister would daintily open a present splitting the tape seam with her fingernails as if she was going to re-use the wrapping paper like our grandparents did, but she just threw it away anyway. She never received another present from me again that had any possibility of opening aside from ripping the wrapping paper and it really aggravated her to use her claws so unladylike, lol.

Last edited:
I need a tv on or some noise to fall asleep for as long as I can remember. I love silence, just not when trying to sleep.

Hate needles and getting shots. One of my first memories is getting mad at a doctor after a shot. Don't mind pain, just really hate needles and shots.

Do you have any small idiosyncratic behaviours that you've retained since childhood? Just little quirky things that you've not seen others do. One of mine is that I've never liked big spoons and if at all possible I will not use one. For cereal, soup or dessert it's always a teaspoon for me. :happy:

My clothes that I have hanging up in the closet...I arrange them by color, and I usually go by ROYGBIV (colors of the rainbow), and the whites/grays/blacks are on the outside of that spectrum. Lol.

When I'm counting my cash, I stack it so that the $1 bills are on top...followed by the $5's...$10's...etc. And the numbers on the bills go in chronological order. So if I have three $1 bills, the one that says "A4804..." would be on top...followed by the $1 bill that says "C1345..." followed by the $1 bill that says "F2458..." Then I do the same thing with the 5's...10's...20s.

Don't judge me. :p

I have a plush dog that I've created a fully formed personality for that has his own social media accounts, YouTube, fetlife, Facebook etc, tons of clothing including latex catsuits (dogsuits?). Some of which I've made and some I've bought. Anyone remember Sherri Lewis and Lambchop? That's my dream job.

It's got to a weird point where if he doesn't come somewhere with me to like a kink event people ask where he is and why he didn't come. Or like friends text me and tell me they miss him. It's entirely out of hand.

Edited to add: If this thread was a "who's the biggest weirdo" competition I'm pretty sure I just won. *Wipes dirt off shoulder and allows people to worship her as the supreme weirdo and puts little crown on plush dog*

I can't sleep without both of my hands under my pillow.
I trained myself to sleep that way when I was like 5 after watching a movie or reading a book or SOMEWHERE hearing that witches can smell children and will come at night time and bite your fingers off if they're exposed. I was terrified and forced myself to sleep that way.
Now I don't find any other hand and arm positions comfortable when sleeping.

I also only eat with teaspoons. I always sleep with a pillow between my legs. I always wash my hands when walking past the bathroom. I touch the roof of my car when driving through an orange light (my sis taught me this lol). Oh and I always change my accent and slang slightly ( and unknowingly) to mimic the person I'm talking to. I'm weird o_O

When I'm nervous I run my fingernails across my lips. Not in a scratching way, I like to feel the soft, full nail because the smooth surface calms me down. I succumbed to peer pressure back in middle school and let a friend paint them. As soon as they dried all I could feel was a bumpy surface and I cried until her mom took them off with polish remover.

Haven't painted them since and they are my number one go to! Until I have a panic attack...then I rip apart my hangnails to bloody satisfaction.

Even with all that my nails are probably the healthiest part of my body!

When I start thinking about a situation, if it really gets ahold of me, I will start having conversations with the people that are involved in my head. I imagine talking to them, then I switch over and roleplay as them, then I answer them back. Problem with this is, depending on the circumstance I can get really carried away. Start talking out loud, completely lose track of my surroundings (usually a lot of pacing involved too). Can go on for hours, depending on how much mental energy I have. Really seems to unnerve some people.

Oh my God I do this too. I guess I never really thought about it til now cause whenever I've been muttering heatedly to myself and someone walks in on it, I become immediately jolted back into my surroundings and get embarrassed at how insane I must have looked and kind of block out that I was doing it until the next time it happens.

Oh my God I do this too. I guess I never really thought about it til now cause whenever I've been muttering heatedly to myself and someone walks in on it, I become immediately jolted back into my surroundings and get embarrassed at how insane I must have looked and kind of block out that I was doing it until the next time it happens.

Honestly, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this. If I'm particularly stressed over a situation that has or needs to happen I'll play it out in my head until I get into it then I start talking aloud. Usually while doing dishes or while staring at myself in the mirror (facial expressions happen like crazy) or doing any mindless task that let's my mind wonder. It's pretty embarrassing when you start getting a bit too loud and then you're snapped back to reality by the sounds of floor boards creaking because someone is walking near by lol.

I do the cat feet swish thing as well. I blame that on me always pretending to be a cat while I was a child. I'd skip out on hanging out with all the other kids so I could pretend to be a house cat or tiger on a big adventure haha. I blame my solitary childhood on the reason I talk to myself out loud so much as well. Even in the grocery store.. up side I look like the crazy lady no one wants to approach lol.

One last this that I can think of is that I always have to rinse out my drinking glass before I use it. Fresh out of a cabinet? Rinse then fill. Freshly washed just minutes ago? Rinse then fill.
I don't remember who's house but every glass that you pulled out of their cabinet would smell so strongly of the cabinet wood that I swore I could taste it. Ever since I've always rinsed my glasses no matter what. Boy, my grandmother hated it. She thought it was so rude, always asked if I thought she didn't wash her dishes, but I honestly never noticed I was doing it until someone pointed it out.

Uh... @Mara_Jayne I just wanna point out that the leg thing can mean restless leg syndrome. Combined with the whole words popping out of your mouth without fully allowing it are symptoms of ADHD.

My clothes that I have hanging up in the closet...I arrange them by color, and I usually go by ROYGBIV (colors of the rainbow), and the whites/grays/blacks are on the outside of that spectrum. Lol.

When I'm counting my cash, I stack it so that the $1 bills are on top...followed by the $5's...$10's...etc. And the numbers on the bills go in chronological order. So if I have three $1 bills, the one that says "A4804..." would be on top...followed by the $1 bill that says "C1345..." followed by the $1 bill that says "F2458..." Then I do the same thing with the 5's...10's...20s.

Don't judge me. :p
No judgement but that seems like too much work. I do keep my bills in order with ones, fives, tens and twenties. I rarely have any fifties or hundreds. My "just in case" money is $2.00 bills that are behind everything else, just in case.

No judgement but that seems like too much work. I do keep my bills in order with ones, fives, tens and twenties. I rarely have any fifties or hundreds. My "just in case" money is $2.00 bills that are behind everything else, just in case.

Yes, people with CD-ish tendencies tend to do things that others would consider "too much work." I do it a lot when I'm camming on one the "free chat" sites (Chaturbate or MyFreeCams), because I hate to sit there bored outta my mind waiting for dudes to chat with me.

I don't keep a lot of cash on me. I try to keep some, in case I need to take the bus somewhere, or need to load cash onto my laundry card.

Uh... @Mara_Jayne I just wanna point out that the leg thing can mean restless leg syndrome. Combined with the whole words popping out of your mouth without fully allowing it are symptoms of ADHD.

Huh... Well how about that. I don't know about the ADHD. My mom has always been one to mumble to herself and I thought I just picked it up from her along with the whole I live in my own head so talking to myself out loud is how I work through the things I need to concentrate on *shrugs* I really never looked into it.

I don't think I have restless leg syndrome. The foot thing is usually for comfort as I'm falling asleep. I used to hold a blanket and kneed it in my hand. Once I stopped that I started the foot thing haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.