AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

LIVING A NIGHTMARE!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous_camgirl

Banhammered
Jan 10, 2015
Hello all,

Anonymous Camgirl here, and I came here to let everyone know that I am truly living a fucking nightmare right now. I'm in a situation that I would never even wish on my WORST enemy. People in my situation are looked down upon with judgment (albeit, do mostly to ignorance), but none the less, you will still be treated like a social pariah as soon as others find out. Seriously, if people ever find out that you have what I got, they avoid you like the plague. I can't even bring myself to talk about it in the open for fear that others will be so badly grossed out by it, that they will stop coming into my chat room, and that will be the end of my camming career.

But the fact of the matter is, that what has happened to me, can happen to ANYONE, ANY TIME! It doesn't discriminate. It happens to "clean" people as well as "dirty" people, rich people and poor people, the young and the old...
It's one of the hardest things to beat, it will take at least a year to a year and a half of conforming to a bunch of pain in the ass life style changes, as well as multiple treatments, and you will also end up spending thousands of dollars (maybe only hundreds if you're lucky) in costs to get rid of it completely.
But even if you do finally get rid of it, for the rest of your life, you'll still be left with the post traumatic paranoia that it's has (or will) come back.
Sometimes you'll just feel so overwhelmed, because no matter what you do, you feel like you're never going to find a cure.
You can't sleep anymore, and you start to loose your mind...

If you've never had the thing that I'm talking about, then you're most likely still wondering "what in the actual fuck is she talking about?"
But if you have had it, then there's a pretty good chance you might just be thinking to yourself ,"I bet I know EXACTLY what it is!!!"

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS SOME DISTURBING IMAGES!

I'M TALKING ABOUT HAVING A BEDBUG INFESTATION!

tumblr_m70otshY7O1qbh26io1_1280.jpg

Now you may be thinking to yourself, "as far as personal catastrophes go, a bedbug infestation sounds fairly minor". You might even wonder why it pops up in the headlines so often, alongside all of the other "real problems" people have...
Until, that is... it happens to you!

Then you find out it's A FUCKING NIGHTMARE.

I did, when bedbugs infested my home. I didn't even know they were real until someone told me what they were. I honestly thought it was just something people said to kids at night; my grandmother had said it to me plenty of times when I was spending the night at her house as a child. (The phrase has a whole new dark meaning to me now.)

Bedbugs were first brought into the US by early colonists, where they thrived for many decades. However, by the 1950's, bed bugs had been all but eradicated in the developed world, thanks to the availability of new pest control products, coupled with the widespread use of vacuums and washing machines which helped to control the spread of infestations in living spaces.
But bedbug infestations have now been on the rise since in the late 1990's. So much so that's it becoming an epidemic again. A big reason for this ihmo, is because so many people are just like I was before I got them, which means there's a lack of public awareness about bedbug prevention methods.

(Increased international travel is also thought to be a main contributing factor in the rise of the bedbug epidemic.)

Nobody likes bed bugs and due to social stigma, nobody wants to talk about them, but it’s time we start.
It can only get worse if we refuse to address the problem head on. I myself, feel like I'm on the brink of madness here. I'm too paranoid to get a good night's sleep, and I fall in the percentage of people who just so happen to be allergic to bedbug bites, and I have disgusting itchy red welts all over my body as a result.

I'm so afraid that someone will notice them and know what they are or simply find it such a turn off to look at, that they decide they'd rather not hang out in, or return to my chat room. So this has resulted in me not being able to get on cam much any more. (The anxiety, depression, and sleep deprivation that this has caused, is also a big contributing factor in me not getting on cam as well.) And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the less I work, the more money I miss out on. (Which is the exact opposite of what someone with a bedbug infestation needs, due to how expensive it is to get rid of them.)

I think it's horribly unfair that anyone should have to go through this, and have to live in secrecy about this to the point that they can't even go to work. (Especially when that person works from home and their job doesn't even involve interacting with anyone else in person.)
So fuck it. I'm making an attempt to try to end the stigma, educate others, to help aid in prevention, and to let others who maybe going through the same ordeal, (but are to afraid to tell anyone) know that you are not alone.

Now before I go any further, let me debunk some rumors:

First of all, as I said before, bedbug infestations have nothing to do with how clean you are. All classes of people, from all walks of life have experienced bedbug outbreaks. Even multimillionaires like Howard Stern aren't immune.They can infest everything from train seats to wallpaper to baseboards to your fucking alarm clock.

Bed bugs like to travel and are good hitchhikers. They will hide in suitcases, boxes and shoes to be near a food supply. They are elusive, nocturnal creatures. They can hide behind baseboards and in cracks, crevices, and folded areas of beds, bedding and adjacent furniture, especially mattresses and box springs. Bed bugs can also hide in electrical switch plates, picture frames, wallpaper and nearly anywhere inside a home, car, bus, or other shelter.

Bedbugs can live for up to a year and a half without feeding!

Bedbugs' s saliva contains an anesthetic that it injects into your body while they're feeding, so you can't even feel it when they bite you.

They will routinely travel as far as a 20-foot radius from their hiding places (and back) in one night to take a blood meal. Bedbugs are very adaptable. They move quickly, and can pass through much smaller openings or cracks, than most people expect. Even Ph.D. entomologists who work with live bedbugs for the first time are often surprised.

The amount of false information out there about bedbugs makes things much more difficult in eradicating the problem.

DON'T use foggers/bug bombs in an attempt to get rig of the problem all by your self. YOU MUST GET AN EXTERMINATOR!
(Foggers/bug bombs will only make things worse.)

You're going to need to do a lot of housekeeping and cleaning, because bedbugs can hide anywhere and everywhere, and pesticides can't be applied to everything you own. You'll need to get rid of ALL clutter, and launder everything that's washable in hot water.

You're also going to have to clear out all of your cabinet and dresser drawers for the exterminator to treat. And because of how long they can live (a year and a half) without feeding, you can also expect to be keeping ALL of your clothes, and other fabrics stored in air tight bags for the next 18 months.

tumblr_lrwvl8mBuo1ql5aeio1_500.jpg

Taking the necessary steps to rid yourself of a bedbug infestation is going to cost an "arm and a leg". You will have to run everything you own through the dryer at least once a week, and you need to get the proper mattress, box spring, and (maybe) couch covers, specifically designed for bedbugs, which is expensive, but you have to do this if you truly want to give yourself a shot at beating this.

I'm trying my best right now, but I am truly at my wit's end, and this whole experience has left me feeling more alone than I have ever felt in my whole life.

This truly is the kind of shit that nightmares are made out of...

tumblr_ng1o2dSr1Q1s9f453o1_1280.jpg

BED BUG DETECTION & PREVENTION
*Vacuum suitcases after returning from a vacation.
*Check your bed sheets for tell-tale blood spots.
*Consider bringing a large plastic trash bag to keep your suitcase in during hotel stays.
*Carry a small flashlight to assist you with quick visual inspections.
*Never bring second-hand furniture, especially mattresses and box springs, into a home without thoroughly examining for signs of a bed bug infestation. You might consider having a pest control professional inspect the furniture as it is difficult to detect an infestation if you are untrained.
*Regularly inspect areas where pets sleep for signs of bed bugs.
*Bed bugs are elusive creatures, so it is imperative to seek professional pest control to address an infestation.

tumblr_nhbgqw2NV51tlqh1xo1_1280.jpg

Attachments

• bed-bugs-bites1.jpg
    bed-bugs-bites1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 488
  • bako14.jpg
    bako14.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 488
Yeah, I've heard of it. But I've seen mixed reviews. I suppose I might get it to use in prevention of future infestations after I'm positive that I've finally killed all of these little bastards. Sense it's actually a repellent, you don't want to use it for an active infestation, because it just makes the little blood suckers spread out into other rooms and apartments in your building. And like I said before, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Yeah, the reviews on Amazon are overwhelmingly in favor and report miraculous success...but the handful of negative reviews sound almost like they're using another product from the positive reviews.

Reactions: anonymous_camgirl
Just buy a new house and get a new wardrobe, problem solved. If you can't afford that, move into a new apartment. Or buy a boat and just chill on that thing. Or buy a van and move down by the river. Could always join a leper colony. Yeah idk, shit looks scary, sorry that you have to deal with it. I hope you can find a way to deal with the problem without too much stress being caused. Maybe invest in a flamethrower?
xanhk.gif

Hire an exterminator, throw away any and all fabrics in your home (clothes, sheets, blankets, towels, upholstered furniture, etc.) and replace them once the infestation is over, and don't worry so much about not talking about it online. Last I checked, most guys are smart enough to realize that you can't spread bedbugs (or anything else) through a webcam. :lol:

I wont try to tell you how to treat them or magic tricks or sprays since it seems like you already know exactly what to do and really just want to inform us on them a bit better. Thank you for the info and the lesson.

Im not sure where you are or if its warm there but just to let you know your bites on your legs look just like mine do if I get bit my a mosquito. Im allergic to them so they always welt up. Might be a valid excuse if someone does ask about them and you dont wanna say bedbugs. Mosquitoes are far less "icky" to people.
To cover them Dermablend makes some great makeup and body foundation you could try as well.

When I was buying my new box spring and mattress awhile back, the salesman was going on and on about mattress and box spring covers to protect from bedbugs and described how devastating they can be and I now see why! I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I had a flea infestation for an extended period of time (all the treatments I tried weren't working) so I have a tip-of-the-iceberg impression of what you're going through, although these seem like they're on a whole new level. Best wishes on killing the little bastards!

I'm really sorry that you're going through this. I couldn't even imagine how horrible this must be! This is what scares me about staying in hotels.

Are you living in a house that you own? Or are you renting a house or apartment? If you're renting, isn't your landlord supposed to pay for extermination?

I've heard some terrible things about them. I don't know as much as you know about bedbugs, but if I were you, I'd probably move (drastic, but do you have carpet?), wash everything in very hot water, and then go on my way. I hear they can almost be impossible to remove once you have a big infestation. I would also use a plastic blowup mattress for sleeping and maybe even trying sleeping in a sleeping bag for hopefully some peace of mind in the meantime…..?

I get the creepy crawlies just thinking about them….

Well ya see the thing is, moving doesn't necessarily solve the problem. You could just end up taking them with you if you move before you have the problem under control. Luckily, my lease here is almost up if I decide I do want to move.
The management here seems to be on top of it though. I'm having the exterminator come out to spray once a week, for 8 weeks. He's using two different sprays. One is a odorless pesticide (it needs to be odorless because you want the little fuckers to walk through it, not be repelled by it), the other one actually chemically neuters the males to keep them from reproducing. So I'm hopeful this will get under control. Although I still don't know how the fuck I'm going to afford the mattress and box spring covers. I guess I'm just going to have to bust ass on MFC and c4s the best I can.

When I was buying my new box spring and mattress awhile back, the salesman was going on and on about mattress and box spring covers to protect from bedbugs and described how devastating they can be and I now see why! I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I had a flea infestation for an extended period of time (all the treatments I tried weren't working) so I have a tip-of-the-iceberg impression of what you're going through, although these seem like they're on a whole new level. Best wishes on killing the little bastards!
With mattress covers, there was a scientific study to see how well they worked. Only three brands passed the test for bedbugs not being able to bite you through the cover, and only one brand passed the test completely when it came to the zipper pull. So if you decide to get any of the other two brands, make sure you tape up the zipper with guerrilla tape.

To cover them Dermablend makes some great makeup and body foundation you could try as well.
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. :thumbleft:

thank you for posting this.

a friend of mine and his roommates had the same problem last spring.
they had a dog over who can smell bedbugs to find out where the exact location of their nest was and after that they had an exterminator over, to get rid of them.
the exterminator told them, that bed bugs are quite common in the area they live in ( germany, big city).
mostly in older houses, but that you can catch them even through moving vehicles or old furniture that you bought used.

i think there is no need to be ashamed of that problem, it has nothing to do with being dirty or not cleaning enough.

my friends bites looked similar to the ones in the picture and they had a hard time getting rid of these fuckers.

i hope you can fix the issue soon, good luck with that!

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
I live in a bigger apartment complex. A lot of 8 unit buildings all on the same property. I remembered someone here was having trouble with bed bugs too so I talked to the maintenance guy about what he does.

The worst case they had kept coming back on the people. So he ended up going drastic.

1. All clothes, bedding, drapes, fabric of any kind were tossed in the dryer for at least a half hour.
  2. He made up his own spray consisting of peppermint oil extract, clove oil and muriatic acid (hydrochloric, but muriatic is the same thing and can be bought in the pool supply section). Almost everything got sprayed down with that including the beds and furniture.
  3. All the tables, tv's, electronics, bookshelves... they were all set outside for a couple days in the sunlight. That may not do much for you if it's cold where you live right now.
  4. Then he removed ALL the baseboards on the walls and all the electrical plates. Bed bugs love to get behind all those and survive there. Then he brought in forced air portable propane furnace. The stuff out there says to get the whole environment up to above 120 deg. F. But he had problems with them coming back when he just did around 130 in another unit. So for the extreme case he got it up to 180 in the entire apartment for hours. Really let the heat permeate every nook and cranny.
  5. Then the renters also did the mattress and box spring encasement's that were already mentioned. They duct taped the enclosure too.

A lot of work but they haven't had a recurrence of them since, he said.

Attachments

• blp375t.jpg
    blp375t.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 243
Ugh, I'm so sorry. My office got them one summer and it was awful, even just in an office setting.

I saw this though so while it doesn't help now, hopefully we've got something to look forward to in the future! http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 103113.htm

This is one of my fears, but I don't think you need to be ashamed! I'm glad you brought it up because it is a big problem and I don't think a lot of people are aware.

Tip for moving: It's always a good idea to check http://bedbugregistry.com/ when you're looking to move. I'm currently looking for a new place to live. Anytime I see a place I'm interested in I put in the apartment address in to see if the building has a history of bedbugs.

I'm terrified of bedbugs too... It is said that after you stay in a hotel you should put all clothes you had with you directly into the wash when you get home, because they can crawl into your suitcase.. :shock:

Omg I feel so bad for you! Years ago, when I lived in an apartment complex with a shared laundry facility it happened to me. I had to moved and get rid of EVERYTHING. It's really the only way. Exterminators can't get rid of them. It seems like it's really just the extreme or nothing, since the only poisons that really take care of them are off market nowadays, and they can live for something like a year without feeding. I remember even steam cleaning everything every day, without seemingly any difference. Again, I'm so sorry! :(

JerryBoBerry said:
I live in a bigger apartment complex. A lot of 8 unit buildings all on the same property. I remembered someone here was having trouble with bed bugs too so I talked to the maintenance guy about what he does.

The worst case they had kept coming back on the people. So he ended up going drastic.

1. All clothes, bedding, drapes, fabric of any kind were tossed in the dryer for at least a half hour.
  2. He made up his own spray consisting of peppermint oil extract, clove oil and muriatic acid (hydrochloric, but muriatic is the same thing and can be bought in the pool supply section). Almost everything got sprayed down with that including the beds and furniture.
  3. All the tables, tv's, electronics, bookshelves... they were all set outside for a couple days in the sunlight. That may not do much for you if it's cold where you live right now.
  4. Then he removed ALL the baseboards on the walls and all the electrical plates. Bed bugs love to get behind all those and survive there. Then he brought in forced air portable propane furnace. The stuff out there says to get the whole environment up to above 120 deg. F. But he had problems with them coming back when he just did around 130 in another unit. So for the extreme case he got it up to 180 in the entire apartment for hours. Really let the heat permeate every nook and cranny.
  5. Then the renters also did the mattress and box spring encasement's that were already mentioned. They duct taped the enclosure too.

A lot of work but they haven't had a recurrence of them since, he said.

The heat method seems to be the only really effective way to get rid of massive infestations like bedbugs and especially termites, from what I've heard. It involves sealing off the house and then heating everything, kind of like turning your home into an oven temporarily, and it kills whatever is hiding in crevices and whatnot.

If exterminators are only using poisons, it is usually not enough. And yea if a landlord doesn't want to use this method, move out and write a review stating bedbug infestations. I am so sorry to hear that you're dealing with this, bugs are terrifying. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.