AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have to make that out for yourself. Some give it (indeed if it is a big place) some conscientiously will not. I asked usely what country are you from because:
- I wanna know your time scedule if i like you
- i always find it strange to say goodmorning or -evening when it's all opposite in your room so...
- on the other side, if you tell me you are from for instance: New York I expect you to speak Enlish, and if you don't and more, you live in Russia, how believable are you than?

And I guess there are viewers who gets their kick from certain places (don't ask me why?)

If you're asking about camsites' rules then yes, it' okay. I believe all of big websites (including CB) allow (and sometimes encourage by showing you first to members from your country - like Stripchat does) you to just give the country, or even a state or province. Big cities are fine too, the "don't give out your location" rule means don't give out exact location for your own safety and also don't arrange meetings.

If you're asking if you should? Well, that's entirely up to you and what you feel safe and comfortable with.

Personally, I say the country and have it written in my profiles, if someone is good at recognising accents they would probably guess it anyway and it's big enough I don't mind sharing that info. If someone asks which city I just say it's irrelevant as I don't do meet ups anyway and change the subject, and if they try to push I ban them. I have friends who use a neighboring country as they fake location, since accents are similar enough, to avoid getting harassed by members from their home country, and I also know models who use completely made up locations. Do whatever works for you.

I don't like sharing my location. It doesn't matter, and most the people asking me are trying to hook up with me. I always tell them I'm from the internet.

On streamate it's against site rules to share contact info. We have our countries listed, but other than that, that is all what they are getting from me.

Big cities I don't think it's the safest to share either. I've lived in cities most of my life, and I've ran into people I know countless of times. Don't underestimate people. I've seen people be found with very little information. I remember reading here a model was sharing that she bought a house, and some creep was able to find the house she bought on Zillow.

When people start playing geoguesser with my location after telling them no, I will give a warning then ban if they keep it up.

Big cities I don't think it's the safest to share either. I've lived in cities most of my life, and I've ran into people I know countless of times. Don't underestimate people. I've seen people be found with very little information. I remember reading here a model was sharing that she bought a house, and some creep was able to find the house she bought on Zillow.
I agree with that. I should've been clearer and elaborated, especially since OP is new to camming. I only meant that Chaturbate won't ban you if you share the city (real or made up), but I still don't think it's a good idea to do so for reasons you mentioned.

Thank you for these great suggestions ! I am on SM and it seems whenever a new person is checking out my room this is the first question they ask me ... I so far have been coy “would’nt you like to know?” Or “tip me and *maybe* I will tell you”. I agree with Audri that they are most likely wanting to meet up and I am not interested in that at all so I get soo annoyed by this question. I will definitely use this advice “I’m from the internet.” If they keep asking I will remind them I don’t do meet ups and then block as you suggested.

I am CB but I was thinking well SM say the country you are from in the profile anyway. I think I will say the country and leave at that. They can probably guess out accents anyway. Thanks for the help. Some of them seem to get really offended if they ask a question and you don't answer. Yes I am new, I only started this week.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
I think most people who ask are doing it out of curiosity, but there will always be that small number who are genuinely creepy, so my advice (FWIW) would be to always be vague enough to protect yourself - you could always just say what time zone you're in. Anyone who pushes you, is probably in that 'creepy' bracket.

If you are a social media regular, also make sure you don't post anything that could give away your location (landmarks, shop/business signs etc in photos). And turn off location services on your phone too.

A few weeks ago, a model I've known for a long time asked if I would send her some favourite snacks; I asked if she had a neutral location (like a trusted friend in another city) that I could mail to, who would then forward it to her securely, but she said she was fine with me having her home address. Maybe so, but not fine for me; I did not want to know that information, so nothing got sent. I also told her she should never give that info to anyone, no matter how trustworthy they seem........

I am CB but I was thinking well SM say the country you are from in the profile anyway. I think I will say the country and leave at that. They can probably guess out accents anyway. Thanks for the help. Some of them seem to get really offended if they ask a question and you don't answer. Yes I am new, I only started this week.
Some people don't like being told no. Keep sticking to your boundaries. You being new, you are going to get the lot who likes to try to take advantage of your newbie status. Once you lose new model status you will see those boundary pushers start to dwindle.

So when I did start to find new models start of the convo always contains a question about location. Not for creepy reason, but just genuin interest in timezone, culture and stuff like that. But yes stay safe

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
Status
Not open for further replies.