AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Locked out of my account! What is "TOTP"?!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoeBanx

Cam Model
Jul 10, 2017
Twitter Username
@zoebanxx
MFC Username
zoebanx
Like the title says.

I am logged into my account but when I try clicking on model admin, it gives me this message:

"You must enter the 6-digit code displayed in your TOTP app to continue."​

What does this mean? I've never used any sort of app to access MFC. There's nothing in my email. I have no idea what to do. I've been on MFC for 5 years and never seen this message or received any kind of code. I'm freaking out! I just moved across the country and don't have a job yet, I seriously *need* to get into my account. This is the only site I've ever streamed on.

Like the title says.

I am logged into my account but when I try clicking on model admin, it gives me this message:

"You must enter the 6-digit code displayed in your TOTP app to continue."​

What does this mean? I've never used any sort of app to access MFC. There's nothing in my email. I have no idea what to do. I've been on MFC for 5 years and never seen this message or received any kind of code. I'm freaking out! I just moved across the country and don't have a job yet, I seriously *need* to get into my account. This is the only site I've ever streamed on.
A TOTP app is a 2factor authenticator like google authenticate or Authy, you pair it to your account and when you go to log in you need to enter the 6 digit number that it generates.

If you didnt set up your account for 2 factor authentication then you will need to email support to regain access to the account.

Upvote 0
A TOTP app is a 2factor authenticator like google authenticate or Authy, you pair it to your account and when you go to log in you need to enter the 6 digit number that it generates.

If you didnt set up your account for 2 factor authentication then you will need to email support to regain access to the account.

does this mean that someone tried to hack my account? i'm confused :/

i sent a message to MFC support idk how good they are at responding... i've never needed to message them before so hopefully i did it right.

Upvote 0
does this mean that someone tried to hack my account? i'm confused :/

i sent a message to MFC support idk how good they are at responding... i've never needed to message them before so hopefully i did it right.
It could mean that, it could also be that you set it up and forgot, if your device or the IP is recognized then it wont always prompt for it, it depends on the security settings of the site / your account if they enable you to change it.

From what I understand MFC support normally takes a couple of days to respond, but dont have first hand experience with that.

Upvote 0
It could mean that, it could also be that you set it up and forgot, if your device or the IP is recognized then it wont always prompt for it, it depends on the security settings of the site / your account if they enable you to change it.

From what I understand MFC support normally takes a couple of days to respond, but dont have first hand experience with that.

thank you!
they actually responded to me in less than an hour. i was pretty surprised. not sure if i just got lucky, maybe got some bit of priority since i've been on the site for so long. either way i'm impressed and relieved

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.