AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Logitech webcams

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Hugs
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I've personally had my OBS set to stream 720p and a lower bitrate to my MFC broadcast because for a long time, they had no way for the members to adjust the stream on their end. And there were a lot of people who couldn't handle my stream at 1080 due to this.

Now MFC has ways to adjust it on the member side, so if someone's running a backwoods ISP connection on an old-ass computer, they can still find a way to watch smoothly. Once my own Internet gets its shit together, I'll be moving up to 1080 and higher bitrate, maybe even 60fps, to have an even more sharp image on my stream.

I think corky might have been trying to say something like what I mention in my first sentence above, he just doesn't know how to say it properly. But I'd never suggest someone NOT buy the best HD camera they can.
What that's referring to is "transcoding." Twitch doesn't do that for new streamers, and doesn't turn that feature on for a particular streamer until they have achieved certain metrics because the process can be processor intensive. That's required if the person on the receiving end doesn't have enough bandwidth to receive a data stream of a given bitrate; the data can't come fast enough to properly show the video. If there if no transcoding, you have no choice but to attempt to process the high quality signal. Depending on how much the deficit is, the attempt may or may not end in tears.

Depends on how you look at it, all user's will go for the 4K look cause they heard it is the best, they click on 4K, either because of their internet connection, graphics card or Monitor with a HD limit of 1920 x 1080 the picture is not that great, they leave room for a better picture/stream. Logitech BRIO webcam while being 4K capable, 1920 x 1080p looks great, 720p too, rather than have some user leave because picture was bad in 4K, I recommended 1080p. We can discuss this here but users going to Chaturbate have one thing in mind or most of them, they are not going to play to long with different resolutions, there already only using one hand, the other is busy, lol
First off, 4K can refer to either 4K UHD (3840×2160), used primarily for TV and video, or DCI 4K (4096×2160), used primarily for movie projection. The Logitech BRIO is capable of DCI 4K/30 fps, 1080p/30 or 60 fps, 720p/30, 60, or 90fps. Streaming sites use an aspect ratio of 16:9, which means 4K UHD would be the 4K format used. Watching 4K video means being able to receive enough data to display an image at 3840×2160 30 times each second. If the connection isn't fast enough, it means dropping the frame rate, the resolution, or both. You'll either get no image at all or other video problems, such as missing random chunks of the image (usually long horizontal rectangles if we're talking about television), if the connection isn't fast enough, not a "picture that's not that great." With something like a video conference, the two sides can negotiate a lower rate based on the capabilities of both ends. With camming, there are two connections, an RTMP connection between the cam model and the streaming site, and another connection of some kind between the streaming site and the viewer. The cam model picks a resolution and frame rate, and those settings are kept for the entire stream no matter what happens; OBS, or whatever software they're using, should report things like dropped frames and other quality of service issues, and it's up to the cam model to lower the quality setting if their connection can't keep up.

What the viewer sees depends on the capability of their connection and whether the site transcodes to something that can be broadcast at a rate the viewer's equipment can handle. That can manifest as stuttering (because the computer isn't getting enough to draw a complete picture) or reduced quality (the client asked the server for a lower quality image that can be more quickly sent, and the server was able to accommodate the request).

Best case with today's prosumer equipment is the model sending the cam site a 4K/30 video stream, with the cam site using a system capable of transcoding for clients with lower speed connections. Broadcast television (yes, it still exists) is typically at 720p.

What that's referring to is "transcoding." Twitch doesn't do that for new streamers, and doesn't turn that feature on for a particular streamer until they have achieved certain metrics
Ooh I didn't realize new Twitch streamers didn't have access to that. Interesting! And yes I am familiar with the word but was trying to put it into the most common lingo for everyone since we were having trouble understanding what the heckers corky was trying to say. :D

Ooh I didn't realize new Twitch streamers didn't have access to that. Interesting! And yes I am familiar with the word but was trying to put it into the most common lingo for everyone since we were having trouble understanding what the heckers corky was trying to say. :D
Yeah... I find that quite annoying sometimes. I'd be watching someone and be like "This picture is fuzzy. I want higher quality..." only to find that the streamer isn't sending a full HD stream to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.