AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Look what I found, and its all for you.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gween said:
weirdbr said:
For example, it's rather common (sadly) that large public/anon tips end up with some folks in the room focusing a lot on the monetary value rather than on the value of the gesture (which is something that irritates me a lot). Also, a public tip might lead from spam mail/PM - both from models you might never heard of trying to get you to visit their room, but also from members either asking for a 'loan' (never happened to me) or advertising other models (has happened to me a few times).

Tips are very personal, i've been learning that the hard way...being a member. Being on the other side makes me notice a lot of things that models doesnt see, like when you tip large and the model has A ZERO reaction. That breaks my heart, so i know how it feels.

I recommend to every model that has the opportunity to be a member for at least a week. You will learn a lot of things!

OMFG, yesssssss. That really kills me, when I tip big, && then NADA. Or, the best one, OFFLINE tipping big, or offline tipping a decent amount, && NOTHING.

Not cool. Ever. :(.

SNATCH said:
Gween said:
weirdbr said:
For example, it's rather common (sadly) that large public/anon tips end up with some folks in the room focusing a lot on the monetary value rather than on the value of the gesture (which is something that irritates me a lot). Also, a public tip might lead from spam mail/PM - both from models you might never heard of trying to get you to visit their room, but also from members either asking for a 'loan' (never happened to me) or advertising other models (has happened to me a few times).

Tips are very personal, i've been learning that the hard way...being a member. Being on the other side makes me notice a lot of things that models doesnt see, like when you tip large and the model has A ZERO reaction. That breaks my heart, so i know how it feels.

I recommend to every model that has the opportunity to be a member for at least a week. You will learn a lot of things!

OMFG, yesssssss. That really kills me, when I tip big, && then NADA. Or, the best one, OFFLINE tipping big, or offline tipping a decent amount, && NOTHING.

Always the risk with tipping larger than you are used to. A more constrained tip usually feels better. Can't count the number of times I have saved to treat someone to something generous and that the feeling has been far under expectation...as a rule it is better to spend the same amount over a few days than all as one. A well timed tip usually impresses far more than the amount anyway. Must admit bigger is better though.
Personally, expect nothing/ nada most times, as the rule rather than the exception in my experience. Such tips are to reward not to be rewarded, but must admit a thankyou and a little attention on occassion is always nice.

Ambers Troll said:
SNATCH said:
Gween said:
weirdbr said:

Always the risk with tipping larger than you are used to. A more constrained tip usually feels better. Can't count the number of times I have saved to treat someone to something generous and that the feeling has been far under expectation...as a rule it is better to spend the same amount over a few days than all as one. A well timed tip usually impresses far more than the amount anyway. Must admit bigger is better though.
Personally, expect nothing/ nada most times, as the rule rather than the exception in my experience. Such tips are to reward not to be rewarded, but must admit a thankyou and a little attention on occassion is always nice.

Previously I believed that stretching tips out was the preferable way, that way the model stays on longer and the member gets more "bang for his buck", but now I'm questioning that. I believe it can create a dynamic where other members do not tip because "someone else is handling the countdown". Worst still, this can create a poor night for the model since other members stop tipping, which can have the opposite effect and be a disaster, where a member enters the night thinking that it will be a fantastic, only for it to end up completely working against the model and ruining her night.

If I were to give anyone advice, I suppose it's to tip that large amount with many small tips over many models, or if you are going to tip large do so in one or two large tips (or a large amount over a very insignificant amount of time).

In hind-site this camming thing is not for me. It's far to complicated to stress about, but maybe other members will learn something from my mistakes :)

Ambers Troll said:
SNATCH said:
Gween said:
weirdbr said:

Unfortunately, these were models I was quite familiar with, vice/versa. All I ever wanted was for it to be acknowledged, rather than be told they never saw it. =P. However, I noticed the tip mail was read. Because of this, I do not offline tip anymore. I also don't tip large amounts anymore either. I don't often get to buy tokens, I usually get my members/regs to token transfer me, either cause they just want to, they know I like tipping, or in exchange for photos/content, etc. So, to me, that just adds insult to injury for me personally. Hell, I finally JUST got over 1000 RP, so I can change my prem name, && I've had it since late 2010! =P.

SNATCH said:
Unfortunately, these were models I was quite familiar with, vice/versa. All I ever wanted was for it to be acknowledged, rather than be told they never saw it. =P. However, I noticed the tip mail was read. Because of this, I do not offline tip anymore. I also don't tip large amounts anymore either. I don't often get to buy tokens, I usually get my members/regs to token transfer me, either cause they just want to, they know I like tipping, or in exchange for photos/content, etc. So, to me, that just adds insult to injury for me personally. Hell, I finally JUST got over 1000 RP, so I can change my prem name, && I've had it since late 2010! =P..
You seem to be similar to a few model members I know. Thinking of one in particular, she tended to treasure her spending trying to get the most out of it (make it last, get to see more models, support more friends etc.) rather than really have fun with it.

In some ways spending on any model is kind of a crazy thing to do, especially if you want her attention, as you know she will do what she reasonably can to take tokens from you. That she eventually does, and that you want to give them to her is the fun part in my opinion. This is where an appreciation for each other seems to develop, somewhere between seduction and generosity.

Models often wonder why a seemingly serious member lurks, holds tokens to tease her, begs for something he seems unwilling to tip for, waits for others to make the first move, and so on. A big part of this is that he is waiting for this model to chase his attention and tokens, get a good experience. He can mess it up in a number of ways and risk looking like a game player or freeloader rather than selective, but waiting for the right model/ moment is usually far more fun.
:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: SNATCH
ACFFAN69 said:
Previously I believed that stretching tips out was the preferable way, that way the model stays on longer and the member gets more "bang for his buck", but now I'm questioning that. I believe it can create a dynamic where other members do not tip because "someone else is handling the countdown". Worst still, this can create a poor night for the model since other members stop tipping, which can have the opposite effect and be a disaster, where a member enters the night thinking that it will be a fantastic, only for it to end up completely working against the model and ruining her night.

If I were to give anyone advice, I suppose it's to tip that large amount with many small tips over many models, or if you are going to tip large do so in one or two large tips (or a large amount over a very insignificant amount of time).

In hind-site this camming thing is not for me. It's far to complicated to stress about, but maybe other members will learn something from my mistakes :)

Honestly, the best thing to do is try to not worry about freeloaders. I personally have tried a few things after joining MFC and got to the conclusion that freeloaders/silent people won't likely change, so it's easier for me to just enjoy myself if possible; however it does mean that every once in a while I will be among a small group of people 'carrying' the room, which frequently leads to the model deciding to leave (as she knows that this is an awkward situation both for her and for the tippers). It sucks for everyone that we can't hang out for longer that day, but usually the regulars understand and agree with the reasons to leave in that situation, specially as we know that we can have fun together another day.

My favorite, favorite thing that members tip for in my room is content for other members. I have a cool group of regulars that do this for each other and it's THE BEST. Hypothetically, if you had 10k tokens to treat your favorite model I could assume that you're also a regular too. In that case, ask her to use the tokens you've tipped her to treat a few of your pals with some of her content. You feel warm and fuzzy, she feels warm and fuzzy, everybody feels warm and fuzzy. And who knows, it might come back 'round to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.