AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Looking at starting a cam site model feedback

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is a pvt based site and not a social site? Are you going to have enforceable free chat rules like SM does (models can't be full nude in free)?
No its social orientated with a Private section. The truth is i dont think a model needs to be nude in public chats because a vast number of people are looking to connect with a model and a vast number of people will also be looking for nudity, the aim is to have one site that has sections aimed both ways. If however you have categorised yourself as PVT only model you would not be allowed to show nudity in your public room.

Reality is we are trying to aim to please a large number of people but of course will not be able to please everyone, some people prefer the myfreecams approach, chaturbate, jasmin or stream mate, some like the way ELM and manyvids work others are adverse to it. The aim is to bring the most unilaterally liked features into place with common sense policy, for the best possible balance. I do not believe a perfect balance is available.

Our search system has been successfully tested, you can search via model, room theme, or video names.

We tested our streaming capability last night up to 4k.

Awesome.

Cost per credit is 0.05c and we plan to allow users to earn free credits by sharing the site and models cams (hows that for bringing members).

Sorry, please correct me if I'm misunderstanding, cost of tokens for members is .05c? As for the earning free tokens/credits for sharing, while that might be cheap marketing on your end, I'm not sure how much the models are going to like that. I don't represent the entire member community, but I'm not much in the way of advertising my camming habits and consider most of the pool of sharers, likely freeloaders.

Models can broadcast with more than one cam if they wish so viewer can chose the angle.

What Amber's Troll and UncoveredManhole were referring to I believe, was that camgirls often will cam on many sites simultaneously. But, if they're doing that, and you are the site that gives them the best cut, they'd likely drive that traffic your way.

Thanks for your replies.

Awesome.

Sorry, please correct me if I'm misunderstanding, cost of tokens for members is .05c? As for the earning free tokens/credits for sharing, while that might be cheap marketing on your end, I'm not sure how much the models are going to like that. I don't represent the entire member community, but I'm not much in the way of advertising my camming habits and consider most of the pool of sharers, likely freeloaders.

What Amber's Troll and UncoveredManhole were referring to I believe, was that camgirls often will cam on many sites simultaneously. But, if they're doing that, and you are the site that gives them the best cut, they'd likely drive that traffic your way.

Thanks for your replies.
Thanks for the feedback, there is likely to be a pool of freeloaders, by giving them the option to earn credits by promoting you the models the idea is they will not only promote your stream but they will then also have the tokens to actually tip you rather than simply watch for free. However its something we can test and get the models to poll on and if it doesn't sit well discontinue it.

Reactions: swagger
Interesting read. We would need to organically map a real users behaviour to try to detect bot behaviour, but we do have bot protection systems in place already. We are using a CDN that detects automated page loads, unusual browser activity etc and blocks ips based on irronious behaviour.
CDN based detect system will not work at all. I can explain it in detail with technical explanations in conversation if you want.

I'm not an expert, and I come from the payment processing aspect of the trade, I do however believe that promoting the models is best done by ample affiliates and SEO's. Many of the models know how to make the promotions themselves however they are overloaded with work. It's a unique trade that goes beyond our traditional concept of MLM conversions, once again I could be wrong, but it's just my take on the idea.

Reactions: Serenity_Tam
CDN based detect system will not work at all. I can explain it in detail with technical explanations in conversation if you want.
I have responded to your email although we have tested our CDN against this specific issue and it has succeeded at prevention, but we are happy to take notes on any additional information you can provide, we are happy to approach situations from all angles.

Reactions: uncoveredmanhole
I'm not an expert, and I come from the payment processing aspect of the trade, I do however believe that promoting the models is best done by ample affiliates and SEO's. Many of the models know how to make the promotions themselves however they are overloaded with work. It's a unique trade that goes beyond our traditional concept of MLM conversions, once again I could be wrong, but it's just my take on the idea.

I don't believe you are wrong at all, referrals and affiliates are a huge driving force for any given site to work.

I run a web development company and was recently approached by a model about starting a cam site. They were having issues with being banned for no reason and was looking for a site to help combat the problem, so i would like to give the cam models on here a run down of the project ideas so far and get your feedback. We want to build a site YOU AS MODELS would want to use. So here are some of the concepts:

- When somebody hits the report button on your page, it takes a screen shot from your live feed, this way moderators would automatically be able to tell if you were actually committing a violation of terms. If your not then you will hear nothing of it, why should you.

- Widgets: Setting up your page you can enter your twitter, manyvids, and other social networks as well as wishlists to automatically create floating widgets on your page.

- Store: You would be able to sell both videos you made and physical items. You would also be able to sell digital products like snapchat and kik with the username automatically emailed to the user on purchase.

- True HD - You would be able to broadcast up to 1080p resolution.

- Variable bandwidth - we are looking at creating a compression system that would lower the bit rate being streamed to a low bandwidth user so they would receive a slightly compressed video rather than droped frames causing video drop page.

- Cam model blog - You could drum visitors to your page using a blog talking about your exploits.

- bots and apps to add more variety to your room.

- competitions

- games

- cam model vs - where two cam models who are on each others friends list can set up a vs show (both cameras next to each other) and encourage people to tip one or the other to select a winner.

Im looking for anything else you might think is missing from the concept. We have already started some base coding but will most likely do a kick starter campaign to complete project funding. But mroe important than funding a project than this is to find out what you models would like, what the site would need to get you to try it out as a model.

This might sound petty, but by no means do not allow men/customers to PM first, even if they contribute to the site regularly. That is my big pet peeve with CB, because regardless if the site gets some of their money, I don't so I won't PM them for free, and the guys don't seem to understand why not.

This might sound petty, but by no means do not allow men/customers to PM first, even if they contribute to the site regularly. That is my big pet peeve with CB, because regardless if the site gets some of their money, I don't so I won't PM them for free, and the guys don't seem to understand why not.

I've been wondering about that recently -- if big name models just ignore PMs they get that weren't tipped for.

Whats the site called? And when do you expect to have it go live?

What are payout options?
If all goes well in the next 30 days, we are working on the legal and templates at the moment. In the next 14 days i will invite the people on this thread to poke around on it. I wont post the name yet as google already picked it up and id rather people didn't see it while it was in progress. (or this early in progress). Payout options at the moment are Bitcoin, bank transfer and we will be adding payoneer and paxum.

I will look at the best way to execute this and will put in the terms people should not expect PM for free, i agree with you this is your work space, you shouldn't be expected to do anything for free.

Reactions: uncoveredmanhole
Hi, I'm not sure about the last name you mentioned, you probably referred to Firstchoice Pay :shame:. I am curious to have a look once it goes live, and I wish you the best of luck.

lol, it's a gamble to be so tongue-in-cheek about your company's own failure to make an effective marketing strategy for their rebranding.

I will look at the best way to execute this and will put in the terms people should not expect PM for free, i agree with you this is your work space, you shouldn't be expected to do anything for free.

Well this choice will probably close the doors to a lot of customers. How do you expect pvts to start if you apply limits on communications? reading a message isn't WORK, Ignoring a message isn't WORK either. You're basically telling the customer they have to pay twice to TYPE to models. I'll vote with my wallet.

Well this choice will probably close the doors to a lot of customers. How do you expect pvts to start if you apply limits on communications? reading a message isn't WORK, Ignoring a message isn't WORK either. You're basically telling the customer they have to pay twice to TYPE to models. I'll vote with my wallet.
?
on CB you just click 'start private' and the model can accept it or not.
you can also talk in public chat about starting a private.
or if you're embarrassed you can usually tip as little as a dollar for most models to PM you and you can ask about it there.
there's no need for free PMs, it works just fine. I don't see why this website couldn't copy CBs model.

if you're averse to spending a dollar, I doubt your wallet will be missed.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
?
on CB you just click 'start private' and the model can accept it or not.
you can also talk in public chat about starting a private.
or if you're embarrassed you can usually tip as little as a dollar for most models to PM you and you can ask about it there.
there's no need for free PMs, it works just fine. I don't see why this website couldn't copy CBs model.

if you're averse to spending a dollar, I doubt your wallet will be missed.

Then I hope your wallet will pay for all the pvts mine won't be. If a model wants more money they CHARGE MORE. Eventually customers get tired of being nickle and dimed for nothing in return. Hidden fees always set a bad tone.

what's 'hidden' about 'nothing is free - pay for what you want'?

want c tits bb, tip
want PM attention, tip
etc.

I like the way MFC has PMs. Both members and models can set it to open or friends only. A secondary mail feature would be useful for discussing privates, as well as hidden tip notes. Likely, models who do privates will encourage those looking for one to inquire, be it PMs or mail or whatever. But I would definitely not want to cam on a site that allowed everyone to PM me while I'm camming. It's insanely distracting.

I think the best course is really to allow models to cam in whatever way they want to. Models know what hustle works for them and generally stay loyal to websites that give them freedom to do their job.

I'm biased towards MFC because that's my home, but it would be awesome to have a cam site that had even more freedom in profile pages. It's nice to have your own personal webpage you can do whatever with, and it showcases models' personalities and branding. Maybe it's a small thing for members, but models work insanely hard on them and it really creates a sense of belonging and freedom.

The only other thing I can think of is having fewer rules. I understand that Visa has their merchant rules that you have to abide by, but I don't think it does chaturbate any favors for not allowing models to drink or use kitty buttplugs or simply look too young. I will always seek out websites that have only the rules they need to to comply with visa, which are really too many as it is.

I think it would be beneficial to spend some time on the top websites as well as become familiar with the community. Cam models are never hesitant about the things they dislike on the websites they work on, and often times new camsites will come along and not address a single common compliant. This forum is a good start but you're going to need a lot more input than a handful of models all working on different websites and a few vocal members that will probably never be satisfied. I'd follow all the camgirls on twitter and listen to what they say.

I'm always remiss when someone from the outside decides to start a camsite; not out of lack of trust (although there is that too) but because the people in the community simply have far more perspective and experience in what the industry needs. That's not something you can glean from a few forum posts or a couple of conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.