AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Looking for Tips on Making Videos

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeValencia

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 9, 2013
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@veevalencia_mfc
I can give you some pointers. One is to make sure you have a decent camera with at least 25-FPS recording speed. Make sure that nothing revealing about you is in the video, like address, phone number, anything that can give accurate hints about your true locations.

Think about what you want to do and where to go from there, it does not have to be hollywood quality, but you also don't want cellphone quality for some videos. :twocents-02cents:

Edit: Adding on, sometimes, if the clip is not go for you does not mean it will not be for others. Thank the movie clerks for example, it is a cult classic, on a short budget. some people like it, others dont, rambling on here. Lets make it simple,

I like dogs.
You like cats
Make both and cover both people.

Reactions: emptiedglass
LexxusLucille said:
:lol: Of course!!!! That is hilarious. I just want tips on how others make their videos and maybe stories about how their first videos ever. I don't want any outside opinions on my own unless it's from someone who purchased them. Thanks for replying!

I was actually going to, ahem, volunteer my time, but figured Amber would ban me. :lol:
You'll also notice that most of my posts are light-hearted. Welcome to ACF. ;)

LexxusLucille said:
Thank you for the links! And my download speed is at 16.1 mbps and my upload speed is at 1.1 mbps. When my connection lags while I'm doing a show, I start singing "Suddenlink, you're not connected!" :dance:

Umm, your download is decent, but the upload is barely enough for webcamming let alone doing other stuff. If you try to webcam as well as use other services, it will really affect the video. What you can do is talk to your internet provider and tell them that your upload is slow, and see what they can do to fix it.

Up here my basic Comcast is 8-9 upload and 24-30 download. I pay about 40 a month.

The internet connection is irrelevant for making videos to sell. The only issue would be for uploading the videos for people to download. If it is a large video it will take a long time to upload them. Good lighting, a decent computer and camera is all you really need.

As for tips. My only suggestion is to have a variety of videos. Non-nude and nude and gradually becoming as explicit as you are comfortable with.

Just Me said:
The internet connection is irrelevant for making videos to sell. The only issue would be for uploading the videos for people to download. If it is a large video it will take a long time to upload them. Good lighting, a decent computer and camera is all you really need.

This!

-----

My first video was a really straight-forward masturbation video. I checked my angles with the lighting and that was that. You don't have to do something super crazy or even have a variety right off the bat. Just do something that you're comfortable with. Possibly mentioning it in your camroom to see what your regs would be interested in seeing/buying could be beneficial because they're you're target audience. Have fun and good luck! :)

Just Me said:
The internet connection is irrelevant for making videos to sell.

I don't mean to sound mean, but if you read the whole thing, you would see that she also talked about only getting 15FPS live streaming with a good camera.

LexxusLucille said:
Thanks!! I use a Logitech C920 but I'm not sure of the recording speed. Due to my poor internet connection my live shows are sometimes at 15FPS :( And good advice with the Clerks reference, I guess most viewers have an acquired taste for certain models and their content. I don't think I could be the judge my own videos too well but I'm thinking maybe I need a little more trial and error with making vids before I actually start selling them. I just want them to be enjoyable and worth their money!

Also @LexxusLucille, Have some fellow cam models have a peek at your video and see what they say.

From a consumer's viewpoint I would say get the highest quality (HD preferably) camera you can and make sure to have the proper amount of light. Nothing worse then a poorly lit, poor quality video no matter how beautiful the girl may be.
:thumbleft:

Status
Not open for further replies.