AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lovense Chrome Extension Versus CB Lovense Bots

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
The Lovense Chrome Extension has its own notification system to tippers in a room, when tips trigger the vibrator. But many models are running Lovense "bots", such as this one. What are the reasons to be running both the Chrome Extension as well as a Lovense bot? What additional options are these bots enabling that models find useful?

The original purpose of the CB script was to read tips, and send them to the chrome web console. It was kind of a clever hack. They didn't need to program the chrome plugin to read chat. All they had to do was program the plugin to read chrome console.

I haven't checked in a while, so it may or may not do this anymore.

But the nice thing about reading chrome web console is that any site could add support by simply making their chat client print to web console. Which is usually as simple as adding one line of code.

Mostly CB scripting is very customize-able, interactive, window dressing. You can see in the script you linked to, they've added goals. Setting custom colors. Custom tip level messages. Messages that rotate.

If you look at all the different CB scripts that are out there, there is some real verity...

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
The original purpose of the CB script was to read tips, and send them to the chrome web console. It was kind of a clever hack. They didn't need to program the chrome plugin to read chat. All they had to do was program the plugin to read chrome console.

But the nice thing about reading chrome web console is that any site could add support by simply making their chat client print to web console. Which is usually as simple as adding one line of code.

Mostly CB scripting is very customize-able, interactive, window dressing. You can see in the script you linked to, they've added goals. Setting custom colors. Custom tip level messages. Messages that rotate.

If you look at all the different CB scripts that are out there, there is some real verity...

I am going to try to install the Chrome Extension and play with it, but do you know if the updated Lovense Chrome Extension has an option to read chat directly versus read from the console? Are they just writing XML formatted data to the console? Yeah, I see your point on how that would make supporting additional websites much easier, but then the Chrome Extension needs to have some configurable option about where to read the information.

By any chance do you know if there is any trick to getting the Extension to run in the CB testbed?

Write to console is in javascript is just console.log(). Messages can be plane text.

Stackoverflow: How to read console.log from chrome extension how to read the console from an extension.

Are you trying to hack in support for feelme toys? Because their website says they'll only work with Established brands with 500,000 unique visitors per month.

Write to console is in javascript is just console.log(). Messages can be plane text.

Stackoverflow: How to read console.log from chrome extension how to read the console from an extension.

Messages can be written as plain text, but unless data has a standard format and meaning across different websites, there is no point. The idea would be to have multiple webcam sites write data in a standard syntax (XML) and with a standard semantic. That way Lovense can write their extension to - as you said - just read those standard format messages form the console log.

Are you trying to hack in support for feelme toys? Because their website says they'll only work with Established brands with 500,000 unique visitors per month.

Nothing ambitious at all. I want to learn how to use the Chrome extension and deal with all of the crazy dysfunction around having to switch between Lovense Connect for CB tip automation and Lovense Remote to give the best experience when giving a viewer remote control during a private. Some of the models I really like just cannot figure it out and I actually went to the extreme of buying my own Lush to be able to help them.

If everything were standardized around Lovense Remote then I probably wouldn't bother to learn the Chrome Extension, but it sounds like Lovense Connect has a lot of bugs and I want to experience those so I can understand workarounds.

See my post here. It turns out I could run Lovense Connect and Lovense Remote at the same time and they interacted simultaneously very well.

So based on the testing I did the Google Chrome Extension on its own is sufficient to control the Lush and interface to CB and announce messages to the model's room. I guess all of those other Lovense bots that are on CB are - as you say - just window dressing. They must put up various cosmetics to advertise the Lush or summarize tipping in the room. Given how few Bot positions are available on CB, it seems hard to justify a Bot slot for that.

Exactly, the reason I use the Chrome extension is so I can use one bot more at cb.

Sometimes the extension seems to "forget" message settings. At some point some messages were sent in Spanish to my chat room but that is fixable. But other than that the extension does a good job. You can even put chaturbate picture codes into the extension and they get displayed correctly at cb.

• Funny!
Reactions: Smores
Exactly, the reason I use the Chrome extension is so I can use one bot more at cb.

I am totally with you on that! But it is really weird that a lot of models seem to be using both a bot and the extension. Maybe they do not understand exactly that the extension alone is sufficient?

Sometimes the extension seems to "forget" message settings. At some point some messages were sent in Spanish to my chat room but that is fixable. But other than that the extension does a good job.

Okay, forced bilingual vibrator notifications sounds like a good thing to have, if you are in a spanish room anyway.

My main complaint is that occasionally a buffered tip displays a vibrator notification, but the vibrator never goes off. That seems to be happening about one in 15 tips, on average. Yesterday in the testbed I tried a rapid sequence of three 100 token tips and it notified about three but only performed one.

So it is not perfect, but actually it is pretty darn good. I was impressed.

I was thinking I was going to really mess it up by running Lovense Remote at the same time as Lovense Connect, but to my surprise they interoperated perfectly.

You can even put chaturbate picture codes into the extension and they get displayed correctly at cb.

Great to know thanks!

Sometimes the extension seems to "forget" message settings. At some point some messages were sent in Spanish to my chat room but that is fixable. But other than that the extension does a good job. You can even put chaturbate picture codes into the extension and they get displayed correctly at cb.

I have noticed that many models who claim to run both the Chrome Extension as well as run the Lovense Lush Bot or Lovense Bot never show the Extension messages in their chat when there are tips. Does anyone know whether these bots are able to mask the messages from the Extension?

In my testing, the Extension was overriding the bots and the Extension messages always showed. Those same models who are running both seem to rarely react to tips, so that makes me think they just do not have the Extension correctly configured, and maybe some of those are confused and think they need the Bots as part of the functionality.

I have noticed that many models who claim to run both the Chrome Extension as well as run the Lovense Lush Bot or Lovense Bot never show the Extension messages in their chat when there are tips. Does anyone know whether these bots are able to mask the messages from the Extension?

In my testing, the Extension was overriding the bots and the Extension messages always showed. Those same models who are running both seem to rarely react to tips, so that makes me think they just do not have the Extension correctly configured, and maybe some of those are confused and think they need the Bots as part of the functionality.

I should document for this thread that I am using Lovense Connect version 2.1.8 on the Android device that connects to the Lovense Lush. I am using Google Chrome Extension version 20.2.5 on the browser that broadcasts on CB.

At this point I am genuinely confused, how do models who run the "Lovense Lush bot" with the current versions of the Extension even get the vibrator to work? Some of my favorite models are using the bot and are not displaying the Extension messages, and their vibrators appear to work. I find no option in the Extension to listen for sounds.

Are the models using an older App under Android? How would you get the vibrator to launch using just tip sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.