AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lying about your age

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd how prominently Streamate displays age (overlayed in the bottom right of the previews). Many/most of the MFC models I visit have profile ages north of 90, and I don't tend to see a lot of questions about their real age in their rooms.

I say stick with the truth. Seems like everybody lies about everything, so to see the real age of someone would be a nice change.
There should be an option to leave age off of your profile if you don't want to share that info. I would rather see no age than see the model is 103 years old.

I'd suggest listing your age as 25 because, statistically speaking, men are attracted to youth. There are outliers, of course. It's best to appeal to a wider audience in regards to sales through. I think I'll stop aging at 25 on my profile. So, this year will be my last birthday. Yay!

Should you register with the fake age (and it gets displayed) or just write it later on your profile?
I mean I know they check IDs so do they care if you register with some younger yet legal age or it has to be the one on your documents otherwise you'd get in trouble?

Should you register with the fake age (and it gets displayed) or just write it later on your profile?
I mean I know they check IDs so do they care if you register with some younger yet legal age or it has to be the one on your documents otherwise you'd get in trouble?
You need to submit your actual application to the cam site with your real information/birthdate. You can fill out your profile information after they've approved your initial application with whatever information you'd like.

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Signing_up_and_creating_a_profile

It depends what site you're thinking of, doesn't it? I know on adultwork people put false ages because profiles can be searched by age brackets, and no matter what discussion you have about mens' preferences, fact is you get more hits that way. (So I'm told.) On mfc that doesn't apply.

I think lying about age only becomes an issue if you over do it. Silly to put 19 if you are 35 that will only get you negative comments or guys will just leave. If you can pass for 25, then by all means put that in your profile. If you become friendly with a guy you can always tell him the truth later, I'm pretty sure he won't have an issue, we do realize you girls tell little white lies.:wondering:

I stopped aging at 30. I now update my public profiles to reflect this every March. :D

In the great tradition of my mother and my grandmother, I plan to hit 29 (next year) and stay there for the rest of my life!

You need to submit your actual application to the cam site with your real information/birthdate. You can fill out your profile information after they've approved your initial application with whatever information you'd like.

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Signing_up_and_creating_a_profile

Actually erm sorry, I was editing my bio now (I'm setting up on chartubate for a trial run) and it displays my age , publicly , with no option to hide it. I'm guessing I can't use a fake one on cb then?

Funny how things come back around through the generations. For me, Jack Benny's running joke of a perpetual 39th birthday is the classic, but I'm sure a Persian poet wrote it up 5000 years before, and he was ripping off someone earlier.

In case you're not familiar (and why should you be?)

Happy 39th Birthday to Jack Benny! One of the best running gags on the Jack Benny Show was celebrating Jack Benny's perpetual 39th Birthday.

After celebrating Jack Benny's 39th Birthday, he decided to stay at the age 39 the next year because "there's nothing funny about 40." Listeners and fans were so amused that the Jack Benny Program celebrated Jack Benny's 39th Birthday as a running gag.

By the time of Jack Benny's Death in 1974, he celebrated his 39th Birthday 41 times. Newspapers across the country announced Jack Benny's Death with the headline "Jack Benny Dies at Age 39."

... You are as you put yourself out there.

Actually erm sorry, I was editing my bio now (I'm setting up on chartubate for a trial run) and it displays my age , publicly , with no option to hide it. I'm guessing I can't use a fake one on cb then?
Your bio is your publicly available persona. You'd put your fake one there.

Does CB not have an application process at all?

• Helpful!
Reactions: EllieKnox
Your bio is your publicly available persona. You'd put your fake one there.

Does CB not have an application process at all?

NOPE. You go to their site, select "I agree" to the 'I solemnly swear that I'm above 18' popup, then click Sign Up. Fill in a username/pswd/bday/gender. That's it. Doesn't even require an email addy. It does link you to the Rules page (that says at the top that CB is for ADULTS ONLY!!!), but that's it. You can immediately start broadcasting. The only thing you can't do that I've noticed is get tokens or host a private, passworded show without sending in your ID for verification.

THIS IS UTTER BULLSHIT. I seriously think that this lack of verifying all performers before allowing them to broadcast could be illegal. I don't know if the pop-up and rule are enough to allow anyone to cam there without making sure that they're adults. I dunno, it just pisses me off.

NOPE. You go to their site, select "I agree" to the 'I solemnly swear that I'm above 18' popup, then click Sign Up. Fill in a username/pswd/bday/gender. That's it. Doesn't even require an email addy. It does link you to the Rules page (that says at the top that CB is for ADULTS ONLY!!!), but that's it. You can immediately start broadcasting. The only thing you can't do that I've noticed is get tokens or host a private, passworded show without sending in your ID for verification.

THIS IS UTTER BULLSHIT. I seriously think that this lack of verifying all performers before allowing them to broadcast could be illegal. I don't know if the pop-up and rule are enough to allow anyone to cam there without making sure that they're adults. I dunno, it just pisses me off.
And this is why for a long time I wouldn't allow people to verify for the models only section here with a CB account. It's ridic.

And this is why for a long time I wouldn't allow people to verify for the models only section here with a CB account. It's ridic.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to start through cb or streamate so I'm going ahead and register + validate on both for safe keeping but while everything is clear on streamate, cb is taking me a while to pin down on the little things

I think lying about your age is fine as long as it's believable. Saying you're 18 when you're in your 40's is a little ridiculous, but I think it's fine to say you're 26 when you're 29.

American teenagers in movies have been in their 30s forever so why not? =p

I had originally considered saying I was 19 because I think I can act that way more often than not - I find that I'm pretty childlike at times so I have to turn that off for cam and actually try to act my age (which is 24... soon to be 25). But I also know that at some point or another I'd talk about the first time I got a SNES, or how Sonic the Hedgehog is the same age as me, and then someone would figure out I wasn't actually born in 96. I'm a terrible liar and somewhat nostalgic so past events come up often and I wouldn't be able to keep it up. But I also find that I seem to appeal more to guys who like the sort of 18-22 bracket than late twenties. So I just don't list an age on my profile and usually only tell people if they ask. I like to ask people to guess my age first - I'm sure the ones who say things like 22/23 are guessing that because they know I'm 24/25 and want to say something younger, but the variation in guesses is somewhat fascinating to me.

Personally I've looked exactly the same since I was 12 except for surface things like hair/makeup/weight fluctuations, and if I look exactly the same forevermore I wouldn't be all that surprised

when I first started camming I lied about my age (was 24, said I was 21) but now I use my real age. I'm not a good liar either, so it was so much easier to relate to people. I do use a fake birthdate though

There is some really solid advice in here, so I'll just add this... I once saw a member who listed there age as 255 and answered to anyone that asked that they were 255 years old. Making a joke of it is a nice way to let someone know you'd rather not tell them/it's none of their business.

I'm sure the ones who say things like 22/23 are guessing that because they know I'm 24/25 and want to say something younger, but the variation in guesses is somewhat fascinating to me.

I don't have many rules in life but that's one - pretty well whenever a woman asks me to guess her age I always say 23. I figure there's not really an age they could be that wouldn't make them reasonably flattered by that.
(Edited to add: and also I'm terrible at making genuine guesses.)

Reactions: CherryChu
I don't have many rules in life but that's one - pretty well whenever a woman asks me to guess her age I always say 23. I figure there's not really an age they could be that wouldn't make them reasonably flattered by that.
(Edited to add: and also I'm terrible at making genuine guesses.)

I've always done something similar and I'm not entirely sure why. I guess it's social conditioning. If I'm ever asked to guess a guy's age, I'll answer honestly and won't feel any pressure to lie. If it's a woman though, without even thinking about it, I'll automatically subtract at least 5 years from what I'm actually thinking. If they look 30, I'll say 25. If they look 40, I'll say 30. Almost as if it's socially unacceptable to state that a 40 year old woman looks like a 40 year old woman. As if there's something wrong with looking your age once you leave your twenties behind.

I don't really have a point in any of this. I guess I just think it's a weird social convention (or maybe it's just me).

I'm going to be 35 next month. I have my age listed as 32 on most sites, however, the first thing anyone asks is if that is my real age. They say I look much younger. I searched streamate and noticed all the women who say they are around my real age, appear to be in their early 40s or older.

Should I adjust my age even more? I don't want to miss out because guys picture a 35 year old as someone who looks much different, but I don't want it to look like I'm a blatant liar either. My husband recommended I list my age as somewhere between 25-29.

What does everyone think?
just a thought. when i started to cam, that was in 2001, i never lied about my age, but after 5 years away (Im 42), i am ....lol
I have my age at 36 and im doing fine with it.
the main thing is to not set an age either lower or higher that will show u are lying. stick with something that wont give u up to clients.
my 2 cents.
xoxox

• Helpful!
Reactions: DFT
I used to drop my age down to 36 and when I hit 41 I wondered why I gave a fuck and raised it. It didn't effect my income, and truthfully I get the same amount of "older lady" requests from younger members (because babies in their 20's!, haha). Seriously, age won't affect your income, your ability to manage your room will.

I actually like when models list an obviously old age, like 90+. It gets the point across that they don't want to share their real age, and just kind of jets the guys imagination take over.

I think a guy on here started a thread once about whether or not folks should report "young-looking" models to MFC admin. Even though all these sites really should have our ID's in their files anyway, that would suck to be getting reported all the time for "looking too young."
That would be the worst! I'm only 18 (although most people mistake me for being older) and I just got braces so now I look even younger imo.

as far as age goes, as long as you're old enough to be considered legal in your locale it really shouldn't matter. For me, as long as the model is older than my daughter I have zero problems with age.... and yes she's mid 20's so there's that.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.