AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lying about your age

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet Heathers

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 16, 2015
Austin, TX
Twitter Username
@violetheather_
MFC Username
Violetheather
Streamate Username
violetheather
Chaturbate Username
Violetheathers
I'm going to be 35 next month. I have my age listed as 32 on most sites, however, the first thing anyone asks is if that is my real age. They say I look much younger. I searched streamate and noticed all the women who say they are around my real age, appear to be in their early 40s or older.

Should I adjust my age even more? I don't want to miss out because guys picture a 35 year old as someone who looks much different, but I don't want it to look like I'm a blatant liar either. My husband recommended I list my age as somewhere between 25-29.

What does everyone think?

Just put what you think best represents you and makes you feel comfortable. No matter what you put whether it's real or not you're still going to be accused of lying. I get that every single day.

No matter what you put whether it's real or not you're still going to be accused of lying. I get that every single day.

I think one time I was called "a fucking liar" for saying that I'm in my 30's (which I really am).

@Songbird_Shelly Freaking ridiculous. I've never been attacked like that but I have been reported and I'm asked probably about 5-10 times a day how old I am. I'm young and legal so that's all that should really matter, but they seem to want a number. I don't know why.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
@Songbird_Shelly Freaking ridiculous. I've never been attacked like that but I have been reported and I'm asked probably about 5-10 times a day how old I am. I'm young and legal so that's all that should really matter, but they seem to want a number. I don't know why.

I think a guy on here started a thread once about whether or not folks should report "young-looking" models to MFC admin. Even though all these sites really should have our ID's in their files anyway, that would suck to be getting reported all the time for "looking too young."

That's me. I think it's massively ridiculous because don't they understand the information we need to submit in order to get age verified? I understand the whole "Exhibitionist" part of Chaturbate, but the rest I don't understand. I've had to go through really risky stuff to prove my age and it's just not fair from my end.

Camgirls should portray themselves however they want! :) If YOU think listing your age as younger than your real one, what's the harm? I don't think a guy who actually gets his panties in a knot over whether your age is real or not is someone who is there to buy your services. Do you girl!! :cigar:

I think your picture is going to matter more than the age you list. If your picture looks good, I imagine most dudes aren't going to rule you out over a number. But, you're not locked in. You could always play with the numbers and see what happens? There are perks to listing in your 30s. Less dudes trying to take advantage. More subs. People in your age group who don't want to feel out of place and will get culture references and jokes you make. I kind of wish more girls, in camming and in real life, were honest about their age. It drives me nuts that 90% of the compliments on cam or in real life I get are some version of "You don't look 33" or "... for your age" or "You've had kids?!". Like why is it flattering to take away years or experiences from a woman? That's more of a culture thing than a camming thing though I guess.

I'm thinking that maybe in my mom's era...when women simply refused to give their age at all, was a good idea. When someone's age did come up back then, some guy always felt he had to respond with "you don't look a day over [some age]." Backhanded compliments abounded then too. lol

I'm going to be 35 next month. I have my age listed as 32 on most sites, however, the first thing anyone asks is if that is my real age. They say I look much younger. I searched streamate and noticed all the women who say they are around my real age, appear to be in their early 40s or older.

Should I adjust my age even more? I don't want to miss out because guys picture a 35 year old as someone who looks much different, but I don't want it to look like I'm a blatant liar either. My husband recommended I list my age as somewhere between 25-29.

What does everyone think?
You look like youre 28.

For my birthday one year, a friend and I went to Red Lobster, and then to check out a strip club (neither of us had been to one, and wanted to go). The female bouncer could've been a little friendlier (not that bouncers are known for being friendly...lol) and wished me a happy birthday...rather than standing there gasping and saying "OH MY GOD...YOU LOOK LIKE A BABY!!!" Lol.

I think your picture is going to matter more than the age you list. If your picture looks good, I imagine most dudes aren't going to rule you out over a number. But, you're not locked in. You could always play with the numbers and see what happens? There are perks to listing in your 30s. Less dudes trying to take advantage. More subs. People in your age group who don't want to feel out of place and will get culture references and jokes you make. I kind of wish more girls, in camming and in real life, were honest about their age. It drives me nuts that 90% of the compliments on cam or in real life I get are some version of "You don't look 33" or "... for your age" or "You've had kids?!". Like why is it flattering to take away years or experiences from a woman? That's more of a culture thing than a camming thing though I guess.
Yeah I see him what you're saying. I had one guy actually get mad at me for saying I had 3 kids. He was convinced I was lying even after I showed him my c-section scar.

I'm going to be more inclined to go to your room if you state you're over 30. But I'm just one random dude. You may get more of my obscure references than someone younger.

Society has become so shallow over the last 20 years or so.... so concerned with celebrity and grabbing the "15 minutes of fame," it's made us as a whole, kinda needy IMO. That said, my thought is, why do we care what anyone else thinks about us?
In your case, to me you look late 20's and a very pretty lady might i add. Post whatever you want for your age. If you change it, no matter what you do, you will still get the tools that will say "hey, i thought you said you were xx. why did you change it?..." There's no pleasing them. I know many models that pick a younger number and go with it. We have all seen the older gals [easily in their mid 40's+] that say they are 30 or younger.
The major thing for me is that with the 30ish yr old, I find they are more able to speak to real world things and not just act like kids there to look like cumdolls and impress you with their smoking and lipgloss.

Was totally nodding along with your post until the last paragraph, @SoTxBob. A little harsh maybe? Also keep in mind that young women can talk about "real world things" with young men, as in you likely relate to women closer to your own age on an intellectual level, as do the younger folks.

Was totally nodding along with your post until the last paragraph, @SoTxBob. A little harsh maybe? Also keep in mind that young women can talk about "real world things" with young men, as in you likely relate to women closer to your own age on an intellectual level, as do the younger folks.

This is certainly not a male-female thing. While I'd happily shed a two or three dozen years if I had the chance, having been young and now being not-so-young, I have to say that age brings a perspective I simply did not have when I was younger, simply because we've discovered patterns of events which one can't if one hasn't witnessed them over and over and over again. After a while what stand out are not the variations, but rather the similarities among these phenomena. After you've shovelled enough snowflakes, you realize that how unique they are doesn't affect your day-to-day interactions with them. It's not even a matter of being wiser or anything like that, since a lot of these things are just things that happened to us..

It's also just having lived through things that younger people never will. The Nixon resignation, or the first season of SNL, or AIDS being a death sentence, to name a few. I lost one good friend and a couple of acquaintances to that disease in 1992, who might still be alive today if only they'd gotten sick a mere couple of years later. These are thoughts younger people don't have. They don't think of hundreds of atomic weapons pointed at them. Similarly those who are young today will see things after we old farts are long dead that we can't imagine today. And so it goes.

I think, also, it is sometimes not that fun to feel like the oldest person in the room. There are a few girls on MFC that are adorable and make me laugh and remember being their age, but remembering being 18 also reminds me how not 18 I am. I imagine some dudes feel the same.

Yeah I see him what you're saying. I had one guy actually get mad at me for saying I had 3 kids. He was convinced I was lying even after I showed him my c-section scar.
He was probably disappointed. To some guys being a mom is a turnoff.

I just automatically assume most models lie about their age. I know one model who is 34 but lists her age as 24 and others who have been the same age for 4-5 years they must go into their profile every year and adjust it which i find hilarious.

I stopped aging at 30. I now update my public profiles to reflect this every March. :D

He was probably disappointed. To some guys being a mom is a turnoff.
It wasn't that. He was outraged that I referred to myself as a milf. . Apparently to be a mom you need short hair and a beer belly or something.

I say go ahead and lie all you want.. Part of being on cam is deciding on a persona you want to portray, however close to your genuine personality this may be. I don't even really consider it to be lying, more like acting.. as a member i have no illusions that the girl I'm meeting is allowing me to see her true self, and if i enjoy my time I'm not going to question the fantasy. That goes for age aswell. Just curious though are you forced to show your age, or can you just leave out that information on profiles?

I say do whatever makes you the most comfortable? While still being believable? Like, for instance, if you look 25, probably best not to list that you look 18. I mean if someone wants to go for that, sure do whatever. but I've found in situations like that, they can backfire. :(

When I first started, I lied && said I was like 6 years younger than I was, && it became VERY hard for me to discuss things without fucking the timeline up LOL.

When I turned 30, I set my profiles to all reflect that I am 25. Now they say 26, LOL. Not going to lie, I am very self conscious, esp after the last few years... I feel that I've aged considerable due to some serious stress, health issues, etc, so I really wanted to not have it say 31 on my profiles lol. =P. I know I don't NEED to lie, && when people ask me how old I am, I usually tell them I'm 31 anyways, && everyone tells me I don't look that old, HAHAH. I have actually gotten into arguments with members before or had to ban them because for some reason I always get the ones that want to argue && say that I am lying about my age, BY SAYING I AM OLDER THAN AM. Wut? LOLOLOLOLOL.

Reactions: JickyJuly
It wasn't that. He was outraged that I referred to myself as a milf. . Apparently to be a mom you need short hair and a beer belly or something.

To my way of thinking, a MILF is more like Stiffler's Mom. It used to be that a MILF referred to the mother of one of your contemporaries, not any female who had given birth.

I know I don't NEED to lie, && when people ask me how old I am
I don't feel embarrassed or ashamed of my actual age either, and I would tell people if it didn't break my rule of not giving away my real birthdate/birth year. So therefore I will perpetually turn 30 every March 10. :D Hopefully I won't look too incredibly beyond that fictitious age until after my camming career is over.

Reactions: SNATCH
I'm in my 30s and post my real age, most guys don't seem to notice or care. Do whatever YOU are most comfortable with because you can't please all the people all the time.

I post my profile age as 25 and my real age (40) in my topic. I do this because I was tired of getting all the weird role play requests that come with having a profile age of 40. Funny thing is I just found a capped video of me from when I profile age was accurate. It was 2.5 years ago and the capping site tagged me as "granny" and "old". My profile age was likely 37 at the time since b/c of my late in the year birthday. 37 I guess is granny status in camgirl years. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.