AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Magic: the Gathering Arena

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2018
Carmen Sandiago
This is my 1st post after an 8+ YEAR absence from AmberCutiesForums. I'm an OG ACF member, and was even a member of the short-lived World of Warcraft guild, AmbersDisciples(?), way back when. Anyways....

I am a long time player (25years!)of the paper version of the collectible card game (CCG) Magic: The Gathering, often referred to as just Magic. For those of you who don't know, Magic is the granddaddy of them all and started the whole collectable card game craze. Many CCGs have followed in its wake, including Pokémon the Card Game, Yu-Gi-oh, World of Warcraft Trading Card Game, and the digital only Hearthstone just to name a few.
The newest method of playing the game is via the program that shares its name with the title of this thread MTGA. It is only available on MAC and PC, with no current plans to become a mobile or tablet style game. Overall, MTGA is its father company Wizards of the Coast, 7th(?) attempt at making a video game version of the card game.
Before I go on any further, does anyone paly any of the versions of Magic and would like to discuss?

Reactions: LilyPoole
Omg! I remember when that game was in its beta. I completely forgot about it until this post... Which is sad because the graphics looked amazing in its infancy. I haven't played magic in a couple years so I assume the meta right now is crazy. Especially since they've slowed down on the number of sets they release every year. I loved commander a lot. It was exciting making a deck that had one of each card in it... Trying to make them combo with the commander. Ugh! I miss it... Magic was getting too expensive for me though. If it were up to me I'd be spending all my money on magic card lol.

what??? how do you grind out the game without spending a dime?? that's insane to me haha xD
It is the theory called, going infinate. Where you win more in prizes than it costs to run your next tournament. I dont know the exact Gem rewards, but in the best of 3 drafts, if you win 5 matches before accumulating enough losses to be booted from the tournament, you would receive a couple packs, and more gems than it cost to enter the tournament.
you want to always complete your daily quests to get free gold.(which can also be used to join certain events ) and get your 15 wins per week for 3 free packs.

Reactions: chocolatebunnydrop
!!! Man i gotta get back into Magic there seems to be a lot that's been added. Do you collect cards now that the game has become more user friendly on the computer?

It looks like no one's talked here in a while, but I had to join in. I LOVE trading card games! I play Magic, Yugioh, and the Pokémon TCG. A surprising amount of my conversations in my public room on MFC have been about one of those three franchises honestly.

I haven't played them as much in the last few years since starting university, and I got rid of most of my collection when I moved out to my college town. But I still have a deck or several in each game!

I used to play Friday Night Magic Standard and Commander in MTG, but none of my decks are Standard anymore haha. I started MTG game during Return to Ravnica and played pretty consistently through Born of the Gods. I played Yugioh first, and started the Pokémon TCG later.

I downloaded MTG Arena at some point, but never got super into it unfortunately. I don't usually like PVP video games, but maybe since I played the paper version it would be easier. I'm not sure though, because trading card games were a very social thing for me. I remember at one of the first FNMs I went to, I didn't rank high enough to win the promo card, but the store owner came up to me after, handed me the card, and said, "For being the nicest player here." I think sometimes people were nicer to me because I'm a girl honestly, but I'm not sure. I never played Pokémon or Yugioh in a tournament style or at a game store, only with friends.

This is my 1st post after an 8+ YEAR absence from AmberCutiesForums. I'm an OG ACF member, and was even a member of the short-lived World of Warcraft guild, AmbersDisciples(?), way back when. Anyways....

I am a long time player (25years!)of the paper version of the collectible card game (CCG) Magic: The Gathering, often referred to as just Magic. For those of you who don't know, Magic is the granddaddy of them all and started the whole collectable card game craze. Many CCGs have followed in its wake, including Pokémon the Card Game, Yu-Gi-oh, World of Warcraft Trading Card Game, and the digital only Hearthstone just to name a few.
The newest method of playing the game is via the program that shares its name with the title of this thread MTGA. It is only available on MAC and PC, with no current plans to become a mobile or tablet style game. Overall, MTGA is its father company Wizards of the Coast, 7th(?) attempt at making a video game version of the card game.
Before I go on any further, does anyone paly any of the versions of Magic and would like to discuss?
I haven’t found the time to play in so long! In fact I started going by Liliana because of Liliana Vess. It was shortened when I went to strip club and Liliana was too hard to understand over loud music :p

maybe I’ll stream it sometime so I can pretend I’m doing work when I play.

Status
Not open for further replies.