AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hearthstone

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kradek

V.I.P. AmberLander
Feb 3, 2012
Twitter Username
@kradekmfc
MFC Username
Kradek
Any Hearthstone beta players out there? I understand they will be going to open beta sometime in January.

I got into the beta recently and have been playing it pretty hard for the last couple of weeks. Overall I think its a pretty fun game, moreso than I thought a computer version of a collectible card game would be.

Right now the most enjoyable part of the game is arena, because I do not have to worry about not having a complete set of cards. In arena, you build a deck using random cards and play against other people who built their decks the same way. You have to generate a new deck every time you either win 9 games or lose 3, so everyone is constantly using new decks--in other words no one can luck into a ridiculous deck and dominate with it for long periods of time.

I've had success with the custom build, "Play", section of the game as well, but it's a little frustrating building decks for now without access to all the cards. It takes time to build out a complete collection unless you want to drop a lot of cash. On the other hand you can definitely win with basic cards, it just gets frustrating sometimes when you play against someone who has a similar rating as you but nevertheless drops a couple legendaries. That said, the legendary cards are not that overwhelmingly powerful that they can't be dealt with basic cards.

Games are short, about 10 minutes a piece. I could see myself getting to the point where I did a single arena run a day.

Overall, pretty fun game.

sylvanes said:
I got into the beta too. I enjoy it, though it doesn't compare to having the actual cards ie: MTG so I'm not sure if I will play it that much once its officially released (I do play it everyday though >.>)
I think for most people, that will be it's niche, something you play a few games every now and then. It's not too complicated, the games are relatively short. Once it comes available on mobiles devices it will be even more accessible.

Reactions: MaePeach
Kradek said:
sylvanes said:
I got into the beta too. I enjoy it, though it doesn't compare to having the actual cards ie: MTG so I'm not sure if I will play it that much once its officially released (I do play it everyday though >.>)
I think for most people, that will be it's niche, something you play a few games every now and then. It's not too complicated, the games are relatively short. Once it comes available on mobiles devices it will be even more accessible.
When this is released on iPad I will be ecstatic. It's been a couple weeks since I played, but I loved it immediately. I believe the touch screen experience will make it even better.

Reactions: MaePeach
Hearthstone released the first part of an expansion yesterday, Naxxramas. Basically new cards and a solo adventure. I'm still enjoying the game casually though it annoys me sometimes with RNG. All in all though, an easy way to pass 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.