AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Makeup and contacts on camera

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2018
Whats yalls opinions on what looks best on camera make up wise...particularly lipstick - matte or reg gloss or no gloss

Also do you find certain lip shades that look great IRL look bad on camera

Someone mentioned lumi powder or something to hide imperfections...is this just on cam cuz i read that highlighter IRL makes blemishes/scarring under makeup has opposite effect and makes them stand out more

I wanted to get contacts that make eyes look bigger the doll eye look without lookin freakish. Does anyone have experience with these and van suggest a good diameter for this also any particular colors that look best and worse on cam for naturally blue eyes

With circle eye lenses my advice is just be super careful with them! As someone who was absolutely obssessed with them I really fucked up my eyes (seeing double after I took them out/highly sensitive to light) and fortunately wasn't left with any longterm damage. They're super drying and can lead to a lot of eye health problems even if used correctly. I have used 14- 15 mm diameter ones. I'd say the 14 looked less freakish and I used the geo tri color so it didn't have the thick black ring so it looked less freaky lol. I got them from pinkyparadise.com . My recommendation if you're absolutely going to wear these is to wear them only for cam and use lots of eyedrops. I think any color would look good on cam and it also depends on your lighting/makeup/set up etc.

I love coral lipstick in real life but it looks horrible on cam at least on me. I stick to matte liquid lipsticks as they are less messy for stuff like blowjob shows, long cam hours etc. Everytime I use something glossy it gets my toys super sticky. If you're someone that does a lot of dildo sucking/spitting during shows like myself I'd steer clear of gloss.

Reactions: Mila_
I have a dark colored scar on the edge of my chin(7 stitches, alcohol may or may not have been involved) from years ago that never got any lighter. It looks like someone took a pen to my chin. I use a light concealer(typically either a stick or liquid) to cover it then set it with contouring powder(after I’ve already put my foundation on).I find that the slightly darker color from the contouring powder helps to hide the scar with the concealer underneath and tends to stay in place longer.

I’m a lip gloss addict (damn you Victoria’s Secret and your stupid tasty flavored lip gloss that barely adds any color) so I always have gloss on hand right out of cam view.
I also noticed that a slightly dark color plum or dark rosy pinkish red (maybe that’s coral) look really well on camera.

Personally, I hate and will not use liquid matte lipsticks. They dry my lips out SO badly, and I have dry skin to begin with. I usually wear a regular lipstick with a little bit of gloss on top for added moisture. I've found that highlighter hides blemishes on camera, which is nice.

I use to makeup every time on camera , on my eyes i use what colour i feel i that time. On my lips i use usually nude mate lipstick or red with a natural makeup eyes , and yes ghe highlights on cheeks and forehead is amazing make me look glamour . Now depends on your tastes and your mood , you could simply go from no makeup ( this can make your memebers appreciate you for this) to fully makeup with what colours and lipstick you want . And about toys and gloss i met members who liked that or saw that sexy .

Reactions: FoxyDame
I have to use a light layer of matte foundation and powder most days. I find foundation important to me because it evens my skin tone. When I don't feel well my skin shows it first. I get dark rings and even a sunken in look that makes me look worse. I actually use dollar store highlighter as eye shadow. I find that stuff that reflects light is helpful to me as a POC and make me look more awake. Also, since I have glasses I put the highlighter from the inner corners of my lids and eyes to the middle and blend. So I use it for many things..

I do like lipstick and gloss. I like to use the same shade of my lips! I am too timid for dark lipstick most times lol. Also, I need to find something that doesn't smudge. I have ruined many a white tank top with lipstick smudges :p

I wear a full face of makeup every time I cam.My routine is usually foundation, setting powder, fill in eyebrows, eyeshadow, cat eye with liner, mascara, bronzer, highlighter, lipstick. I tend to use warmer, neutral colors on my eyes and cheeks so it looks like there's some color to my face since I'm pretty pale. I've found that a lot people like when I'm wearing blush/bronzer because it looks like I'm blushing/horny.

For lipstick, I usually wear a creme lipstick to give my lips color and shine at the same time. I usually wear pinks/reds but nothing too bright. Lighting also affects how makeup looks on cam. For example, I wear bolder, darker colors if I happen to be doing a show at night in low light, but turn to softer looks in natural daylight.

If you're not sure, most cam sites have a preview of your cam before you go live and you can use that to see what looks good or not makeup-wise.

I was wondering if makeup is required or not... if you dont wear makeup does it make you look washed out?
It is only necessary if you feel like you need color correction, hide embarrassing acne, or clownwhore realness.

Basically if you don't want to wear makeup, that's fine. I went natural on cam tonight and didnt get slack or a hard time getting shows going.

It is only necessary if you feel like you need color correction, hide embarrassing acne, or clownwhore realness.

Basically if you don't want to wear makeup, that's fine. I went natural on cam tonight and didnt get slack or a hard time getting shows going.
Thanks lovely! I like never wear makeup so I am not great at it and dont have much to work with lol! So it is okay to wear it sometimes and not other times? Like say I had a breakout or something and wore makeup until it cleared up, that's cool? Lol sorry, just want to make sure I do this right

I just have to put in my two cents here. A member complaining that my makeup or skin isn't perfect is not worth my money or time. Sure money is nice but if I don't feel well or my skin needs a break and they have a problem with it that is too damn bad. I just need to not that there is a line between doing your makeup for a yourself or a theme is important. Doing your makeup and being worried that a member won't like you is different.

*steps off soapbox*

I just have to put in my two cents here. A member complaining that my makeup or skin isn't perfect is not worth my money or time. Sure money is nice but if I don't feel well or my skin needs a break and they have a problem with it that is too damn bad. I just need to not that there is a line between doing your makeup for a yourself or a theme is important. Doing your makeup and being worried that a member won't like you is different.

*steps off soapbox*
Omg you are absolutely right! Thank you, seriously, for saying this. It's like a lightbulb just went off! @xxlvngdedgrlxx you're the best!

I was wondering if makeup is required or not... if you dont wear makeup does it make you look washed out?

It depends on your lighting and complexion. My super pale self will need a little blush or contour no matter how clear my skin is, because my lights give me no dimension, and less lighting doesn't show my hair color accurately. People with different complexions will find that it works differently for them.

Lighting is a HUGE factor in determining how makeup/contacts will look on cam. If you have super bright lights they may give you a 'washed out look'. Darker lighting can sometimes highlight imperfections or create shadows under eyes. Softer more natural bulbs look best in my opinion. Also, how you have the lights positioned can really affect how you'll look while streaming.

I typically find for photoshoots and cam heavier makeup with more powder to set and reduce shine helps (currently using Givenchy photo perfect foundation and kat von d lock it setting powder). It's all personal preferance though, I've seen girls online look absolutely stunning bare faced as well as rocking a full MAC forcefield.

Set aside some extra time while getting ready and try doing your makeup in front of a mirror next to your set up so you can preview how it looks on cam and with your lighting as you go. This will also show you what colors and shades you'll like before going live.

Set aside some extra time while getting ready and try doing your makeup in front of a mirror next to your set up so you can preview how it looks on cam and with your lighting as you go. This will also show you what colors and shades you'll like before going live.

Doing my makeup this way has taught me a lot. Since I use OBS to broadcast, I'll turn on my lights and get my webcam's settings in order, then I'll use OBS as a reference while I do my face. Turns out I need a lot less concealer to hide pimples on cam than I do in person, but getting bronzer or blush to show up requires about three times more. My lips are naturally lopsided, and correcting that looks ridiculous in person, but perfectly natural on cam. It's so interesting seeing the difference between what's in the mirror and what's in the camera.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I have started wearing a deep bright red on cam with natural eyes (a hint of eyeliner) my glasses kinda hide my eyes a little. I have found that purple lippy does not look great on cam haha. So i am sticking with red and or pinks!

With makeup, colors have different looks on different undertones. If you have a red or rosy undertone, you normally want to stay away from purples. Pinks, reds, and oranges would be your ideal shade range for lips.

my glasses kinda hide my eyes a little.

I use this as an excuse to do REALLY bold, bright eye looks and not blend at all. :haha: I refer to putting my glasses on as "blending my eyeshadow".

Reactions: AudriTwo
Status
Not open for further replies.