AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Makeup for men

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be able to look up some beginner tutorials on youtube. This might sound crazy but maybe look up kpop or jpop make up tutorials for men! A lot of korean and Japanese male stars wear make up and maybe there would be tutorials!

Yes..great eyebrows and contour on a guy looks really good! Helps with the "pop" factor on cam. The lights really wash us out so painting the shadows and eyebrows on really helps from looking like a 2-dimensional sick person.

This is a good start- just highlight and contour the same parts she is and then play around with it since your face shape is different than hers.

Well, that depends on your skin and your budget. I've had really good luck with E.L.F brand make up and it's cheap so you can play with options. Also, get a bronzer and a highlighter, or a darker shade of foundation and a lighter concealer (if you don't want the glittery look) for contouring. Or you could buy a sephora contouring stick in a shade that's good for your skin.

You'll also want a blending sponge, maybe an eyebrow pencil (just to darken your eyebrows because cam washes EVERYTHING out) and and eye liner pencil if you don't mind rocking the emo look (guys look AMAZING in eye-liner).

Then from there, youtube contouring tutorials and have fun playing with it. Hell, your viewers might even like watching you practice on cam :)

Goss Makeup Artist on YouTube has a few tutorials for makeup/contouring for men, and he reviews products that are more high-end, from a makeup artist's perspective. He has many other tutorials that he does on his own face, which can probably help give you a good idea if it's a look you'd want to do or not.

One of his tips for men that I remember is for eyelashes - instead of using a mascara, which is going to look like you're wearing mascara, you can use a felt-tip eyeliner pen to darken your lashes.

For brands, it's going to depend on your skin and budget. ELF, as mentioned previously, is a low-cost brand that's good quality for the price. A step up from that would be Nyx and BH Cosmetics - still affordable, very nice quality, and incredible variety.

I second looking up Goss on YouTube. He has some of the better makeup tutorials on YouTube!

Not sure what sort of makeup look you want to go for, but I find eye makeup attractive on men. It doesn't have to be full on black eyeliner, but something to make your eyes pop. And, like others said, eyebrow makeup can add to your look.

But really, just watch some makeup tutorials on YouTube. :)

any make up brands i should go with?

If you're looking to do your brows, Benefit has the best cosmetics in general (for that specific area). I HIGHLY recommend this: http://www.ulta.com/precisely-my-brow-pencil-ultra-fine-shape-define?productId=xlsImpprod14191019

If Benefit's out of your price range, though, NYX has an awesome dupe of that product: http://www.ulta.com/micro-brow-pencil?productId=xlsImpprod12011193

If you let me know more about what kind of makeup you want to wear I can help you out with other suggestions. :)

This look used to be all the rage when I was a young Buck. Looks straight forward enough but I did find a tutorial.
makeup-tutorial.gif

The first thing I would get is a lightweight foundation. You don't need heavy stage makeup to make a difference. I'd go with a friend to help you pick out the right shade. Be careful not to get something too yellow or too dark. If your skin is oily, get a lightweight powder. If your skin is dry or fairly balanced, get a BB cream/tinted moisturizer.

If you're noticing dark circles under your eyes, get some pale yellowish concealer or color corrector. Judging by your pic, a lot of yellow color correctors meant for your under eyes will probably be too dark on you, so find something cream colored (what up, fellow pale person!). It'll make your eyes look brighter.

For eyeliner, all you need is a taupe or light reddish brown pencil on your waterline (lower lid above your lashes). Black would be too harsh with your complexion. If you get mascara, look for something simple without the volumizing, lengthening crap. Again, use light brown. Getting used to doing your own eyes can be very frustrating, so focus your attention on what's happening in the mirror.

For your lips, use your favorite lip balm.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.