AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Manyvids.com - Sell vids, links, skype and more

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose said:
LilyMarie said:
Rose said:
Is there any chance in the future of having the previews turned off completely? Being able to block previews from free users is nice, but I'd like to block previews completely for certain videos.
Aw, until now I thought that was already possible. :| Still no ManyVids for me then, I guess.
Unfortunately no, you can block free viewers from previewing videos, but not all viewers. It REALLY irks me because I don't want people watching 9 seconds of my blowjob or sex videos and getting off for free. That's costing me and the site money, in my opinion. They can take their free jerking to a tube site.

There are only 40-50 users that are premium members and can view blocked previews out of 90 000 members, and they paid to be premium which means they aren't cheap and are willing to spend money for vids. Just putting that out there! That's less than 1% of our user base. Our premiums spend actually good money on vids as well.

Also you can create your own preview on upload, and if you like just show a part that is a tease and doesn't show anything explicit if you like!

ManyVids said:
Rose said:
LilyMarie said:
Rose said:
Is there any chance in the future of having the previews turned off completely? Being able to block previews from free users is nice, but I'd like to block previews completely for certain videos.
Aw, until now I thought that was already possible. :| Still no ManyVids for me then, I guess.
Unfortunately no, you can block free viewers from previewing videos, but not all viewers. It REALLY irks me because I don't want people watching 9 seconds of my blowjob or sex videos and getting off for free. That's costing me and the site money, in my opinion. They can take their free jerking to a tube site.

There are only 40-50 users that are premium members and can view blocked previews out of 90 000 members, and they paid to be premium which means they aren't cheap and are willing to spend money for vids. Just putting that out there! That's less than 1% of our user base. Our premiums spend actually good money on vids as well.

Also you can create your own preview on upload, and if you like just show a part that is a tease and doesn't show anything explicit if you like!
Eh, my videos are all cut to the chase. The only time I do anything tease related is when I'm live and actually have the time for it, lol.

Maybe it's just my computer or something, but every time I've tried to create my own preview the whole site stops loading or times out and I have to close everything down. It was enough of a hassle that I just stopped even trying.

Rose said:
ManyVids said:
Rose said:
LilyMarie said:
Rose said:

Eh, my videos are all cut to the chase. The only time I do anything tease related is when I'm live and actually have the time for it, lol.

Maybe it's just my computer or something, but every time I've tried to create my own preview the whole site stops loading or times out and I have to close everything down. It was enough of a hassle that I just stopped even trying.

Since we have made quite a few updates in the past months, its possible that we are updating the server around same time you upload. If thats the case, then your preview capability gets lost. Good news is we are migrating our upload server to its own dedicated server this week, which means that your preview process would definitely improve, and I doubt you will have any issues.

Blocking your previews would basically only allow 0.045% (100*38 premiums/84000 members) of our user base to view your preview, and those guys are usually big spenders... Thats a very very low amount of users who get to view your preview, but bare in mind they are use to buying on Manyvids, and have a good chance of doing so.

ManyVids said:
Blocking your previews would basically only allow 0.045% (100*38 premiums/84000 members) of our user base to view your preview, and those guys are usually big spenders... Thats a very very low amount of users who get to view your preview, but bare in mind they are use to buying on Manyvids, and have a good chance of doing so.

I don't see why it matters much how many premium users the site has - that analysis is only useful if there was an option to completely remove previews even for them, while the current preview blocking option affects the buyers that like me haven't found a compelling argument to upgrade to premium.

In my case, I bought a few videos so far (18 as of today) and and the vast majority of the premium features are useless to me: I dont care about being able to post things to my profile, I know how to reach the models via MFC/twitter, etc. The only 'useful' feature for me is being able to see blocked previews and even then that's not something that by itself is worth the current subscription fee values

Sure, buying videos on MFC is a gamble too, but there are ways to reduce that risk (specially when the model is online): you can ask her what she uses for filming, she might opt to show a preview to the room, you can check her profile/twitter/tumblr to see preview screenshots/gifs (which most models post). Meanwhile on Manyvids there is nothing like that; maybe if the video page also listed technical details of the video such as audio+video bitrate and video resolution, it would reduce the risk a bit (I'm focusing mostly on not paying a large value for a video that was filmed with an old cell phone, for example)

By the way, an unrelated suggestion - adding some sort of notification that something was posted on an user's profile - just as I was looking at the site while writing this reply, I've noticed that a model wrote something on my profile 3 months ago (oops :p ).

I understand you point. For some guys they like the notorious feeling of having a premium icon and the ability to PM any girl on site. Might not work for you but it's understandable.
The only thing I am explaining is the "freeloader" comments. I wanted to just clarify pretty much all premiums are big spenders on manyvids and have purchased a good amount. Most blocked previews have 2-3 views. By adding a custom preview and blocking previews to only premiums, you Eliminatethe freeloaders.

I do however respect every model's opinion on the matter :)

weirdbr said:
By the way, an unrelated suggestion - adding some sort of notification that something was posted on an user's profile - just as I was looking at the site while writing this reply, I've noticed that a model wrote something on my profile 3 months ago (oops :p ).

We send you an email every time an MV girl posts on your wall!

ManyVids said:
weirdbr said:

We send you an email every time an MV girl posts on your wall!

Odd; I just searched on the e-mail account associated to my MV account (a gmail address) and the only e-mail I ever got was the account activation message; maybe I deleted it and it's gone from the trash folder by now, but another way to check - do purchases generate an e-mail with details of the purchase (other than the e-mail from your billing provider - those I have been getting fine)? If they do, I haven't received those either.

ManyVids said:
I understand you point. For some guys they like the notorious feeling of having a premium icon and the ability to PM any girl on site. Might not work for you but it's understandable.
The only thing I am explaining is the "freeloader" comments. I wanted to just clarify pretty much all premiums are big spenders on manyvids and have purchased a good amount. Most blocked previews have 2-3 views. By adding a custom preview and blocking previews to only premiums, you Eliminatethe freeloaders.

I do however respect every model's opinion on the matter :)
Actually I called them free viewers, but who's mincing words. :)

From my perspective, my sales on other video sites went significantly higher after disabling all free previews of any kind. I'm not the only one who's reported this, but that could be entirely different on your site. Since I can't disable free previews, I'll never know how it will affect my sales and if it will double them or not.

Reactions: ManyVids and Gen
Rose said:
ManyVids said:
By adding a custom preview...

From my perspective, my sales on other video sites went significantly higher after disabling all free previews of any kind. I'm not the only one who's reported this, but that could be entirely different on your site. Since I can't disable free previews, I'll never know how it will affect my sales and if it will double them or not.
Just curious about the custom preview. Am I correct in thinking if a model made up any small 10 second clip (or about that length) or used a picture and inserted it at the end of all her videos, she could use that as the preview?

So, as an example, the preview could be set to only show this picture if she wanted?

Wouldn't that effectively be the same as not showing any preview in reality?

Attachments

• doge boobs.jpg
    doge boobs.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 323
JerryBoBerry said:
Rose said:
ManyVids said:

Just curious about the custom preview. Am I correct in thinking if a model made up any small 10 second clip (or about that length) or used a picture and inserted it at the end of all her videos, she could use that as the preview?

So, as an example, the preview could be set to only show this picture if she wanted?

You are correct. Some models have already done that for a specific vids :)

JerryBoBerry said:
Rose said:
ManyVids said:

Great Idea :) I had a guy email me just the other night and told me that he has watched the preview for one of my clips like "20" times and it made him cum yet he never bought the clip :angry4: but then I was like...dude kinda rude and he funded me for it. :thumbleft: I'm not so worried about the previews- however whenever I watch them they are super jerky or look like they are skipping. Has anybody else seen this issue on my previews?
I am currently trying to figure out how to get funds from the FundMe section- i'll be looking for the answer to that if anybody has it feel free to share ;)

NicoleRiley said:
All my videos no longer show up on my profile. Like it says "loading more" and it doesn't load the last couple rows. Anyone else have this issue?

You mean these?

Have you cleared your cache/history/stuff in your browser lately?

all the way down. they showed up fine for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 12_6_2014 , 5_26_13 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 12_6_2014 , 5_26_13 PM.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 279
  • Screenshot - 12_6_2014 , 5_27_45 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 12_6_2014 , 5_27_45 PM.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 279
JerryBoBerry said:
NicoleRiley said:
All my videos no longer show up on my profile. Like it says "loading more" and it doesn't load the last couple rows. Anyone else have this issue?

You mean these?

Have you cleared your cache/history/stuff in your browser lately?

all the way down. they showed up fine for me.

No, I just didn't want to clear everything if it was a site wide thing. I just know they did maintenance today so I thought maybe it was a glitch. The last video that shows up for me is the Sybian one. Thanks, I'll clear cache/history.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
Hello,

So for years on MFC girls have been selling Skype shows, Videos, phone chat and merchandise in exchange for tokens, but now you're contacting MFC models through the PM system asking them to join, upload and sell their same content through Many Vids where you now make 40% instead of MFC. Surely this is not right.

ManyVids said:
PinkRBelle said:
I'm wondering. Advertising on MFC about manyvids, woudn't it be considered an infrangement of the rule that says to not get paid outside of the site?

Still, this offers something nice: the ability for members to buy your videos and have them immediately without you having to send them or log in to MFC often to see who purchased something. hmm :twocents-02cents:

Yes. Writing direct links to Any site through MFC is considered an infringement of their rules. From time to time through a PM you wont get issues, but never post direct links or you will get warned. Advertising to your fans while offline using social media like Twitter is a great way to sell vids while you are not working live. ALso, using MVLinks, you can receive tips from MFC, and give them the link to download your content on Manyvids. They might even buy more of your vids from your store by doing so now that they know where to find your content 24/7!

Anthony
Manyvids support
http://www.manyvids.com

MFCforever said:
Hello,

So for years on MFC girls have been selling Skype shows, Videos, phone chat and merchandise in exchange for tokens, but now you're contacting MFC models through the PM system asking them to join, upload and sell their same content through Many Vids where you now make 40% instead of MFC. Surely this is not right.

ManyVids said:
PinkRBelle said:
I'm wondering. Advertising on MFC about manyvids, woudn't it be considered an infrangement of the rule that says to not get paid outside of the site?

Still, this offers something nice: the ability for members to buy your videos and have them immediately without you having to send them or log in to MFC often to see who purchased something. hmm :twocents-02cents:

Yes. Writing direct links to Any site through MFC is considered an infringement of their rules. From time to time through a PM you wont get issues, but never post direct links or you will get warned. Advertising to your fans while offline using social media like Twitter is a great way to sell vids while you are not working live. ALso, using MVLinks, you can receive tips from MFC, and give them the link to download your content on Manyvids. They might even buy more of your vids from your store by doing so now that they know where to find your content 24/7!

Anthony
Manyvids support

No one ever said life was fair. Or they were lying if they did.

Sounds like plain old business to me. If manyvids offers an additional outlet for sales and attracts more customers why wouldn't a model take advantage of that? MFC doesn't own the copyrights to videos a model makes on her own, so she's free to sell them wherever she wishes.

I personally think this should be more of a wake up call for MFC to update things to align itself more with the current environment. If other sites are taking away enough income from them maybe that's a signal to add more options for automated video sales right on MFC itself. Other camsites already have this, and manyvids is a site dedicated to just that. So there's obviously a demand for such a service.

It's business, adapt or die. History is full of failed businesses who didn't recognize changing environments and innovate to keep abreast of those swings in consumer demand. You yourself said it 'FOR YEARS ON MFC GIRLS HAVE BEEN SELLING..." MFC has been fully aware it's been done. If they are content with allowing other sites to pop up and take advantage of them not changing to make this easier for models to do, that's their problem.

MFCforever said:
Hello,

ManyVids said:
PinkRBelle said:

Anthony
Manyvids support

Where are you getting your 40% figure? ManyVids pays out 60% and they cover chargebacks as well.

Also, ManyVids has not been contacting models through the MFC PM system, you completely misunderstood.

MFCforever said:
Hello,

ManyVids said:
PinkRBelle said:

Anthony
Manyvids support

We offer 60% as indicated higher, and not 40%... (MFC offers 50% for smaller buyers and upto 60% when you buy in bulk).
I think you misunderstood. I am referring to models who posts links to their users. Since we also offer a free video generation link for all our MV girls, they need a way to give that link to a user who tipped them tokens. Through Pms they can give the link to their tipper. Usually you are not allowed to post direct links in public chat to competitors, or you will get warned by their staff. Some sites have their rules. As for us, post whichever link you want, even competitors. We really dont mind at all. We believe in full autonomy for our MV girls!

Anthony
Manyvids support

I have not misunderstood at all. I said you're making 40% profit from MFC girls selling their content through your site and not through MFC in tokens. It's nothing to do with links or what MFC take as a percentage. The bottom line is you're contacting girls through the MFC chat system to profit for your own business when you are clearly aware MFC girls already sell all the same content through the cam site in exchange for tokens.

I understand your site is giving cam models a better and easier option for them to sell all their content and I actually love the idea but I thought there was a rule where MFC models were not allowed to get paid outside the website yet MFC models who join your site are now selling their videos, merchandise, phone chat and Skype shows through your site where you make 40% profit and MFC are obviously losing money.

There is another website just like Many Vids which will be up and running soon called Inner Aphrodite who will be doing exactly the same concept, giving models a place to sell all their content. They have also spent the last several months contacting MFC models through their email system which is blatantly trying to take away business from MFC.

ManyVids said:
MFCforever said:
Hello,

ManyVids said:
PinkRBelle said:

Anthony
Manyvids support

We offer 60% as indicated higher, and not 40%... (MFC offers 50% for smaller buyers and upto 60% when you buy in bulk).
I think you misunderstood. I am referring to models who posts links to their users. Since we also offer a free video generation link for all our MV girls, they need a way to give that link to a user who tipped them tokens. Through Pms they can give the link to their tipper. Usually you are not allowed to post direct links in public chat to competitors, or you will get warned by their staff. Some sites have their rules. As for us, post whichever link you want, even competitors. We really dont mind at all. We believe in full autonomy for our MV girls!

Anthony
Manyvids support

MFCforever said:
I have not misunderstood at all. I said you're making 40% profit from MFC girls selling their content through your site and not through MFC in tokens. It's nothing to do with links or what MFC take as a percentage. The bottom line is you're contacting girls through the MFC chat system to profit for your own business when you are clearly aware MFC girls already sell all the same content through the cam site in exchange for tokens.
Can you prove that? And if so, who cares? You think that's illegal or something? :lol:

MFCforever said:
I understand your site is giving cam models a better and easier option for them to sell all their content and I actually love the idea but I thought there was a rule where MFC models were not allowed to get paid outside the website yet
Nope nope nope. No such rule, no where, no how, no way. Did I mention nope?

MFCforever said:
MFC models who join your site are now selling their videos, merchandise, phone chat and Skype shows through your site where you make 40% profit and MFC are obviously losing money.
What's your point? I'm guessing you have one but I fail to see it.

As a side note you keep mentioning profit. Is this supposed to be a bad thing? People don't generally work for rice krispies you know. Profit is a driving factor in life. Embrace the profit, welcome it into your bosom.

JerryBoBerry said:
MFCforever said:
I understand your site is giving cam models a better and easier option for them to sell all their content and I actually love the idea but I thought there was a rule where MFC models were not allowed to get paid outside the website yet

There's a rule for that on the MFC wiki ... But the problem is that those rules only enforceable on activity happening on MFC, while I think MFCForever believes this rule applies to all activity done by models that work on MFC regardless of where it happens.

So, leaving the 'other locations' aspect, and we focus only on a model while on MFC - they can use manyvids, but need to be careful of how they do it: if they go around saying 'go buy my videos via manyvids instead of via tokens here' in chat/pm/mfc mail they could get in trouble.. But if all they do is use the code-based URL from manyvids to send files to users or asking members to click on the hearts on manyvids is in no way breaking that rule. And elsewhere on the internet, they can do whatever they want.

weirdbr said:
JerryBoBerry said:
MFCforever said:

There's a rule for that on the MFC wiki ... But the problem is that those rules only enforceable on activity happening on MFC, while I think MFCForever believes this rule applies to all activity done by models that work on MFC regardless of where it happens.

So, leaving the 'other locations' aspect, and we focus only on a model while on MFC - they can use manyvids, but need to be careful of how they do it: if they go around saying 'go buy my videos via manyvids instead of via tokens here' in chat/pm/mfc mail they could get in trouble.. But if all they do is use the code-based URL from manyvids to send files to users or asking members to click on the hearts on manyvids is in no way breaking that rule. And elsewhere on the internet, they can do whatever they want.

Exactly. That is against their rules to direct their users while they are LIVE to another site and purchase there, or pretty much any sites rules (except ours:) ). As for PMing girls on MFC, that is not in our strategy, and never was. Just want to make that clear. So I am not too sure where you are getting this from.

Managing a site like ours, especially at the quality we deliver, is very complex and time consuming. If you believe we make 40% in profit, you are mistaken. With payment processing fees which are high in the industry, our high cost for quality servers as well as full insurance for models on Chargebacks, the profit margin is definitely not what you might think. For more information you can check our expense diagram might give you a better idea.
27f3f89faf94c65f12ce9a667f0a848f.jpg

MFCforever said:

I understand your site is giving cam models a better and easier option for them to sell all their content and I actually love the idea but I thought there was a rule where MFC models were not allowed to get paid outside the website yet MFC models who join your site are now selling their videos, merchandise, phone chat and Skype shows through your site where you make 40% profit and MFC are obviously losing money.

There is another website just like Many Vids which will be up and running soon called Inner Aphrodite who will be doing exactly the same concept, giving models a place to sell all their content. They have also spent the last several months contacting MFC models through their email system which is blatantly trying to take away business from MFC.

ManyVids said:
MFCforever said:
Hello,

ManyVids said:
PinkRBelle said:

Anthony
Manyvids support

Anthony
Manyvids support

To be honest, this topic is really pretty silly. I would say that MOST camgirls also work on clip sites. This is not some new thing and has been the way this business works for YEARS. They are very popular and though ManyVids has been a nice, new addition, there have been many before it that lots of us use! This is just how the cam world works! Not every girl has a clip site or works on multiple cam sites, but many do. It is not actually even that uncommon for models to have links or widgets to their clip sites ON their MFC profile. To be honest, I don't think MFC cares very much. Camming is an awesome job, but it isn't usually very reliable work so we need to do whatever we can to get profits coming in. Clip sites are passive income for us so it's really incredibly awesome. There's generally no reason not to upload our clips and videos on multiple clip sites because the only real work after the video is made is uploading it to the new site and adding tags and a description and whatnot. This can actually be quite time consuming but once the videos are up, you don't really have to do anything to them again so it's a win. Clip sites and cam sites are also selling VERY different things, so I don't think that clip sites are stealing members from MFC or other cam sites in the least. Sure, you can buy videos on MFC, but you can't see a girl doing a live show on a clip site. You can't talk to her about video games or how your day was as she dances in a cute outfit to a song you requested. Cam sites are special and you absolutely can't get the same thing from clips. Some clip sites offer live cams, but to be honest I don't think they're much competition for sites like MFC.

Manyvids has already stated that they don't contact models via MFC and I haven't seen this to be the case either, so that point is really moot. You've brought it up several times but it feels a bit silly at this point.

ALSO you mentioned that we are selling the same content on clip sites as MFC but I will say that in general models do not always sell the same content on clip sites that they do on MFC. I do add some of the videos I sell via MFC to my Manyvids and Clips4Sale stores, however many of the clip store videos are shorter sexy videos or fetish videos and are absolutely NOT sold through MFC or made for MFC. I think that this is probably not an uncommon practice either, as I'm not really likely to sell something like my mouth fetish videos or workout videos on MFC. It's great if someone wants to buy it, but if they want fetish content they can go to the clip sites or take me private and have me do it for them live. ;)

All in all, we are the product and we get to sell ourselves wherever and however we damn well please. MFC knows this and so do the clip sites and I think in general they try to respect us regarding this matter. I don't really see what your stake is in this at all or why you care. If you don't like clip sites, then don't give them your money and stick to buying videos on MFC with tokens.

I'm not on MFC and I use their link option to send videos to people who buy them on Streamate. A couple of those people have gone on to buy more videos directly from my ManyVids page, but I didn't tell them to do that. Either way, I profit, ManyVids profits, and Streamate profits. ManyVids is quite smart for creating this feature.

Quick updates for our MV girls.
We have added some new features on our updates last weekend:

- When uploading your Vid, you are now able to regenerate screenshots in case the first 5 proposed were not satisfactory. This was a big request from some models, and we are glad to have launched it!

- Add International and Domestic shipping prices, or the option to not ship internationally for Store items. This should help calculate better the price, and add restrictions for shipping.

- Cropping Images and creating Store Items is now possible on Mobile.

Wrong check date update:
Some Models have had issues with our Quebec date format, which is DD/MM/YYYY. In order to ensure all banks accept the checks, we have changed the date format and legend on future checks to MM/DD/YYYY.
This step is an intermediate step before issuing US checks and direct deposits sometime in the early new year.

MV keeps growing
Thanks to our MV girls and our hard work in the last couple of months, our daily traffic has skyrocketed. We are currently the #1 most popular clip selling website in comparison to the number of models/vids available on site.
We have only been around for one year, and traffic has grown exponentially week by week!

ManyVids said:
Quick updates for our MV girls.
We have added some new features on our updates last weekend:

- When uploading your Vid, you are now able to regenerate screenshots in case the first 5 proposed were not satisfactory. This was a big request from some models, and we are glad to have launched it!

YESSSS!!! This is such a great change, thank you for the update!

Is it supposed to work for videos that are already uploaded? I have a bunch that had screenshots I didn't like, but I didn't want to have to re-upload all of my videos. I went to try this on a video that's already uploaded but it just gave me the same screenshots over and over again. Is this a bug or does it only work on videos right as you're uploading them for the first time?

It will only work for vids that have been uploaded the first time. As soon as you hit "Save" the vid gets deleted from uploading server, and uploaded to a secure cloud. It is no longer available to regenerate images.
We might open up custom image upload in the future, but we arent sure. We do not want MV girls to upload screenshots that are not relevant to the vid... But it is open for discussion. It will have a cropping dimension that would resemble the current screenshot size.

If there are some you want to change, send me the 1024x576 image and vid name, we can switch it. I can make a couple of exceptions for this forum :)

I understand why this question is being asked. I've recently signed MFC's contract and was surprised by it's wording.
Depending on how you interpret things, it is worded in such a way that they can claim the rights to any photos or videos I make in the name of my MFC persona.
I can't afford to consult a lawyer about this, and I don't live in the USA so it makes things even more complicated. Has anyone received legal advice on this matter?
I'm weary of breaking their rules since it is contractual and I'm just starting out, but I've noticed that anyone with a camscore over 700 offers videos or other incentive for offline tips...

Thanks,
Tiff

As a free-agent perv, the thing I miss on MV is the possibility to use search terms other than the model's name. Say someone wanted to see which models have what kind of content, and which models do Skypes or custom videos. This would make MV more of a standalone site where visitors could discover models and content they're interested in rather than simply a depository.

Sevrin said:
As a free-agent perv, the thing I miss on MV is the possibility to use search terms other than the model's name. Say someone wanted to see which models have what kind of content, and which models do Skypes or custom videos. This would make MV more of a standalone site where visitors could discover models and content they're interested in rather than simply a depository.
I have to agree, that would be a really awesome feature to have. As a model that specializes in fetish videos and customs, that could help more people navigate to my videos that they'd be interested in. :twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.