AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Manyvids.com - Sell vids, links, skype and more

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not agree more. If that becomes a real thing that becomes part of the site that's bullshit.

Not to mention "juicy gossip?" What are you TMZ? No. You're a business so act like one. I'm not working for the Enquirer.

I have to ask - do you have models (and maybe members too) as beta testers? If not, you should: the vast majority of things pointed out in this topic as being bad (for example, this promotion and the new review system that seems insanely complex) could had been improved early on in a private setting rather than it becoming a bad PR situation.

It appears that this update has already been changed, or is being changed, and if so, thank goodness!

I never ever ever want to be on any site that offers privacy invading crap like TMZ does. Not to mention that loads of camgirls have families and actually leave the house with their children...... Disaster waiting to happen.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The issue pointed out in the previous posts have since been removed, and clarified via Twitter.

Our main goal is to make sure our models are happy and that the site is running efficiently for everyone.

Thank you for all of your feedback. We take everyone's opinion into consideration. :)

Today, after coming to ManyVids after much consideration over its new not-likable features, I found out that even if you block your previews, the hover-preview works anyway. This is simply not acceptable and defies the whole purpose of blocking the previews.
Please fix this as soon as possible or do not offer the blocking feature at all since it's basically lying to the models.

Today, after coming to ManyVids after much consideration over its new not-likable features, I found out that even if you block your previews, the hover-preview works anyway. This is simply not acceptable and defies the whole purpose of blocking the previews.
Please fix this as soon as possible or do not offer the blocking feature at all since it's basically lying to the models.

Only Models and Premiums can hover and watch a blocked preview. Regular users and guests can NOT view blocked preview, hover or not.

Anthony

Only Models and Premiums can hover and watch a blocked preview. Regular users and guests can NOT view blocked preview, hover or not.

Anthony

Models and Premiums should not be able to see them, that defeats the purpose of us blocking it in the first place. If a model is allowed to block a preview then it should be blocked, Period.

Models and Premiums should not be able to see them, that defeats the purpose of us blocking it in the first place. If a model is allowed to block a preview then it should be blocked, Period.

If thats the case you can simply change your preview to something simple, and not show anything. Premiums are top spenders and there isnt that many. About 0.2% of our users are premiums. Its very quick to upload a custom preview, or select a spot in the vid that does not show anything and simply teases the user.

The reason behind it is we believe previews does help users who do not know the MV girl to actually buy their vids. In a perfect world every MV girl would make a custom preview for every vid. Most of our top sellers actually do this.

Anthony

Hello, I was wondering if the rating system is going to be kept the same in the near future, or be improved somehow. I think that, in this case, less might be more. All those parameters seem fine, if we're rating full budget productions where such things (like decor, makeup, creative titles, direction, etc) are expected from a creator and should be accounted for when rating the quality of it. However, the content that we make can't be compared to such productions in the same way. That's kinda like judging a fish for it's ability to climb a tree. A lot of videos aren't meant to have an original title for example so, in theory, should they be rated down for it? In practice, what seems to happen is that members just put 5 or 4 stars on everything. The rating system might not unfairly hurt our ranking but, in turn, it's not being used as it should which makes it kind of moot IMO.

Here are some changes that I would love to see on ManyVids!

- Home page that lists images of the recently added videos:
It would help increase the number of videos that you offer and give every girl a fair chance at both selling clips and increasing their rank. You could still list the most popular clips off to the side, or the top girls, but I don't think it should be the main focus of the homepage.

- Include a way to search within a model's store (either by keyword or a drop down of all fetishes she offers):
This is important for girls that have many different videos and especially in different fetishes.

- Keywords or Tags:
I'm not sure how your new search feature works. Does it search only by the title and fetish categories? Or does it search the description also? If it doesn't search the description, keywords that we could add to the clip would also make it easier for customers to find what they are looking for.

- Longer Description Field:
The description field is so important. It is the main way that a customer knows what the video is all about! Especially with many models turning off the video previews (and since there are no gifs). I know you already increased the description some in this past year which is great, but with some detailed fetish videos, it's difficult to give a good description in less than 1000 characters.

Thanks for taking the time to read through my list. :)

Hello, I was wondering if the rating system is going to be kept the same in the near future, or be improved somehow. I think that, in this case, less might be more. All those parameters seem fine, if we're rating full budget productions where such things (like decor, makeup, creative titles, direction, etc) are expected from a creator and should be accounted for when rating the quality of it. However, the content that we make can't be compared to such productions in the same way. That's kinda like judging a fish for it's ability to climb a tree. A lot of videos aren't meant to have an original title for example so, in theory, should they be rated down for it? In practice, what seems to happen is that members just put 5 or 4 stars on everything. The rating system might not unfairly hurt our ranking but, in turn, it's not being used as it should which makes it kind of moot IMO.

Users can tag a rating question as "N/A" if it doesn't pertain to the video in question. Lets say out of 34 questions, he rates 20 and skips 14, you do not get penalized for those skipped. You get an average for the 20 questions answered. Hope that makes sense! Down the line, MOST guys will just make you happy and put 5 stars everywhere. However, some of our members actually love to go in detail to improve the MV girl's next video. They will skip the ones not pertaining, and rate you fairly. The whole goal is to connection you to your fans, and really see what they like and how they think you can make it even better!

If you have any more suggestions to improve it, let us know! We would love to hear it.

Anthony

Here are some changes that I would love to see on ManyVids!

- Home page that lists images of the recently added videos:
It would help increase the number of videos that you offer and give every girl a fair chance at both selling clips and increasing their rank. You could still list the most popular clips off to the side, or the top girls, but I don't think it should be the main focus of the homepage.

- Include a way to search within a model's store (either by keyword or a drop down of all fetishes she offers):
This is important for girls that have many different videos and especially in different fetishes.

- Keywords or Tags:
I'm not sure how your new search feature works. Does it search only by the title and fetish categories? Or does it search the description also? If it doesn't search the description, keywords that we could add to the clip would also make it easier for customers to find what they are looking for.

- Longer Description Field:
The description field is so important. It is the main way that a customer knows what the video is all about! Especially with many models turning off the video previews (and since there are no gifs). I know you already increased the description some in this past year which is great, but with some detailed fetish videos, it's difficult to give a good description in less than 1000 characters.

Thanks for taking the time to read through my list. :)

- Searching the models store already is in the works.
- As for the search, it looks at the Title / Tags / Descriptions. Title and tags have more weight if found there, but description comes in third.

For the rest, those are some amazing tips and I will bring it forward to my team tomorrow!
Thanks again for the input. We love to hear it and totally encourage you guys to throw at us anything you think would improve your experience. :)

Quick Tip: if you use the search bar currently and select VIDS, then search your username, you will see a result with all your vids that you can then filter.
https://www.manyvids.com/Vids/?page=1&search_type=1&sort=10&keywords=kyliejacobs

We are noticing users are searching this way a lot, but definitely adding a search within your own profile is in the works.

Anthony

Users can tag a rating question as "N/A" if it doesn't pertain to the video in question. Lets say out of 34 questions, he rates 20 and skips 14, you do not get penalized for those skipped. You get an average for the 20 questions answered. Hope that makes sense! Down the line, MOST guys will just make you happy and put 5 stars everywhere. However, some of our members actually love to go in detail to improve the MV girl's next video. They will skip the ones not pertaining, and rate you fairly. The whole goal is to connection you to your fans, and really see what they like and how they think you can make it even better!

If you have any more suggestions to improve it, let us know! We would love to hear it.

Anthony
The guys who will nitpick and critique every little detail of a video are usually not the kind of guys you want to have around. 99% of the time they turn out to be clingy and cause loss of income in the long run. Why would I want to make videos for some dingaling if I know he's just going to provide "feedback" that is only hurtful? It's not motivating and really serves no purpose other than to inflate his ego.

Yeah I was never fond of anything more than a simple 5 star rating system, especially though when a guy rated my make up 5 stars when I wasn't even wearing any :p

Down the line, MOST guys will just make you happy and put 5 stars everywhere. However, some of our members actually love to go in detail to improve the MV girl's next video. They will skip the ones not pertaining, and rate you fairly. The whole goal is to connection you to your fans, and really see what they like and how they think you can make it even better!
Gonna go out on a limb and say the only reason any of these "full" reviews get filled out is because they increase rating. Numerous models offer extra videos or other benefits to spend the painful amount of time it takes to do them. I've tried three or four times to get through just one full review and bailed every time. I'm a "top 100" member and I don't even know how to see the results. The full review is just plain dumb.

- Searching the models store already is in the works.
- As for the search, it looks at the Title / Tags / Descriptions. Title and tags have more weight if found there, but description comes in third.

For the rest, those are some amazing tips and I will bring it forward to my team tomorrow!
Thanks again for the input. We love to hear it and totally encourage you guys to throw at us anything you think would improve your experience. :)

Quick Tip: if you use the search bar currently and select VIDS, then search your username, you will see a result with all your vids that you can then filter.
https://www.manyvids.com/Vids/?page=1&search_type=1&sort=10&keywords=kyliejacobs

We are noticing users are searching this way a lot, but definitely adding a search within your own profile is in the works.

Anthony

Thank you! I really appreciate it! :)

I agree with what others are saying about the rating system. I think one basic 5 star rating system is best with maybe a spot where they can comment.

I'll stop now. haha

Yeah I was never fond of anything more than a simple 5 star rating system, especially though when a guy rated my make up 5 stars when I wasn't even wearing any :p

Just had this happened yesterday. A regular messaged me saying that the rating system was too much for a guy's interest, but he did it for me because he wants me to have good ratings. He said a simple 0-5 star would be more appropriate. Similar situation, you couldn't see my face in the video I made because it focused on other things, but he rated it 5 stars anyway as to not hurt my scoring.

Just had this happened yesterday. A regular messaged me saying that the rating system was too much for a guy's interest, but he did it for me because he wants me to have good ratings. He said a simple 0-5 star would be more appropriate. Similar situation, you couldn't see my face in the video I made because it focused on other things, but he rated it 5 stars anyway as to not hurt my scoring.
The user has a choice between a quick and full review. (see attached). If a user wants to simply rate 5 stars and add some text, he can do that. I think the MV score is what comes into play. Since quick reviews dont affect your MV score, maybe this can be modified. I will have to bring this up with the team.

Anthony

Attachments

• review.jpg
    review.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 14
The user has a choice between a quick and full review. (see attached). If a user wants to simply rate 5 stars and add some text, he can do that. I think the MV score is what comes into play. Since quick reviews dont affect your MV score, maybe this can be modified. I will have to bring this up with the team.

Anthony

If that modification is implemented, I think models will start receiving much more reviews. Like NerdieBrice said, some members that are really "invested" in us, will go through the trouble of filling all that out (even if it doesn't apply to the video) but the majority of customers are more casual than that.

Thank you for bringing that up with the team!

Its hard enough to get people to even leave a simple one click rating! Haha I can't help but chuckle.

Question to MV or members! Does the system prompt members to rate after they purchase? Maybe say like 24 hrs later? I have a lot of return purchasers, so I know they like my videos but I very rarely get any ratings and I'm not a fan of chasing them down myself, it feels icky.

Question to MV or members! Does the system prompt members to rate after they purchase? Maybe say like 24 hrs later? I have a lot of return purchasers, so I know they like my videos but I very rarely get any ratings and I'm not a fan of chasing them down myself, it feels icky.

I've never noticed anything to ask for a rating or even where to leave a rating, but its also highly possible there was one and the downstairs brain was overpowering the upstairs brain at the time and I missed it.

Its hard enough to get people to even leave a simple one click rating! Haha I can't help but chuckle.

I've never noticed the rating thing until it was mentioned in this thread.

• Helpful!
Reactions: KylieJacobs
Wow good info guys thanks! I appreciate it!
Manyvids I hope you see this and maybe take it into consideration. It can really take away from the sexy feel if girls have to chase down members and ask them to rate. The crazy long rating test may be a bit much but a little automated email a certain number of hours after a purchase reminding to rate with instructions could be very helpful!

Manyvids I hope you see this and maybe take it into consideration. It can really take away from the sexy feel if girls have to chase down members and ask them to rate. The crazy long rating test may be a bit much but a little automated email a certain number of hours after a purchase reminding to rate with instructions could be very helpful!

As someone who has bought the occasional bit of erotic entertainment online from time to time, I think I have an observation that fits very well with Jo's point.

When I've made my purchase I tend to have one thing on my mind. Downloading it and "Enjoying it". A nap might become part of the process also.

The last thing I'm inclined to do is fill out a big complicated survey for my purchase before I have enjoyed it. (and possibly that nap) I'm going to be annoyed by having one stuffed in my face at the tim of purchase. BUT send me a mail, that I will bump into later, or the next morning and I might think. "Hell, I have a few minutes, and I'm feeling pretty good now. That video made my night better!" and I'll toss a few minutes at filling it out. Because I have good feels about the transaction and its result.

Jolene hit the nail on the hair with her comment.

I made a lot of points in another thread about C4S VS ManyVids here: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/manyvids-vs-clips4sale.22133/

But I figured I'd re-write them into suggestions for this thread:

1. I certainly agree that an e-mail should prompt the buyer to review the video purchase after 24 hours.

2. The video tags should be monitored more closely to ensure accuracy. The "Non-Nude" tag, for example, brings up some videos of girls that are nude and/or masturbating. Why they tag their nude video as non-nude, I have no idea, but it sucks for shops like mine that really are non-nude and thus my videos are getting more lost due to girls incorrectly tagging their videos and no monitoring system in place.

3. It would be nice to have better payment options. Direct deposits, although free, currently have a $500 minimum payout. Wire transfers have a $15 fee along with a payout minimum of $250. Payoneer, although free and has the lowest payout minimum of $50, is only supported with the pre-paid card which has a $12.95 activation fee, $3/month monthly fee, and $1 for each ATM withdrawal or balance inquiry. Finally, checks, although free, have a $100 minimum payout. I know for a fact that 3/4ths of the girls on MV are unable to get paid due to these minimum payout restrictions. I know this because I myself am around number 700 of around 3,000 girls with only $22 payable to me. When I'll actually be able to receive that money, I have no idea. Months? At best.

4. Stemming off of my #3, if more than 3/4th of the MV girls cannot make the sales of minimum payout then I think there's something seriously wrong with the marketability within the website for the models. It seems as though only the top girls are able to get exposure on the main page (top mv girls) whereas the rest of us are stuck with spending un-paid time on the solicitation of ourselves on member's walls, hearting profiles, and/or uploading content to be on the activity wall/twitter for minutes at best before it's replaced with other activity. There surely needs to be some kind of category spotlight, highlight, or anything else to increase the exposure to other shops, beyond the "discount" area. Really? I have to sell my videos even cheaper for more exposure? The site already seems to be a sell low to make more sales vs selling higher to sell to a smaller pool. The blog area is equally not-so-great. Are users coming on MV to read blogs? No. This is also where the new girls are listed. Why in the world is this not on the main page and off on a totally separate "blog" page users have to click on (and we know very few actually will)? Also, these blogs claim to have a 1 million unique visitor exposure (which may be true for the site but not the blog) yet the latest blog is at 56 views currently for MV girl of the day. The MV girl of the day from a week ago only has 152 views.

I hope this inspires some change! ^_^

I made a lot of points in another thread about C4S VS ManyVids here: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/manyvids-vs-clips4sale.22133/

But I figured I'd re-write them into suggestions for this thread:

1. I certainly agree that an e-mail should prompt the buyer to review the video purchase after 24 hours.

2. The video tags should be monitored more closely to ensure accuracy. The "Non-Nude" tag, for example, brings up some videos of girls that are nude and/or masturbating. Why they tag their nude video as non-nude, I have no idea, but it sucks for shops like mine that really are non-nude and thus my videos are getting more lost due to girls incorrectly tagging their videos and no monitoring system in place.

3. It would be nice to have better payment options. Direct deposits, although free, currently have a $500 minimum payout. Wire transfers have a $15 fee along with a payout minimum of $250. Payoneer, although free and has the lowest payout minimum of $50, is only supported with the pre-paid card which has a $12.95 activation fee, $3/month monthly fee, and $1 for each ATM withdrawal or balance inquiry. Finally, checks, although free, have a $100 minimum payout. I know for a fact that 3/4ths of the girls on MV are unable to get paid due to these minimum payout restrictions. I know this because I myself am around number 700 of around 3,000 girls with only $22 payable to me. When I'll actually be able to receive that money, I have no idea. Months? At best.

4. Stemming off of my #3, if more than 3/4th of the MV girls cannot make the sales of minimum payout then I think there's something seriously wrong with the marketability within the website for the models. It seems as though only the top girls are able to get exposure on the main page (top mv girls) whereas the rest of us are stuck with spending un-paid time on the solicitation of ourselves on member's walls, hearting profiles, and/or uploading content to be on the activity wall/twitter for minutes at best before it's replaced with other activity. There surely needs to be some kind of category spotlight, highlight, or anything else to increase the exposure to other shops, beyond the "discount" area. Really? I have to sell my videos even cheaper for more exposure? The site already seems to be a sell low to make more sales vs selling higher to sell to a smaller pool. The blog area is equally not-so-great. Are users coming on MV to read blogs? No. This is also where the new girls are listed. Why in the world is this not on the main page and off on a totally separate "blog" page users have to click on (and we know very few actually will)? Also, these blogs claim to have a 1 million unique visitor exposure (which may be true for the site but not the blog) yet the latest blog is at 56 views currently for MV girl of the day. The MV girl of the day from a week ago only has 152 views.

I hope this inspires some change! ^_^

You make some great points. Most of the above I cannot answer right away, but I will print it out for our next meeting and bring it up. There is a couple of things coming up in the future that I cannot say right away, but WILL solve all the issues mentioned in point #4. Be patient its a lot of work but you will like the end result.

For the Reviews, the user has mentions in his Profile, right above where he downloads his vids, as well as in his history page. We also send him a reminder when he purchases a vid, to review your vid and help your score at the same time. (see screenshot attached).

What is the suggestion that would help the payment options? Is it simply a lower minimum payout for cheques? Growing extremely fast as we are does have its drawbacks. Minimum payouts for Checks are currently set at 100$ due to this reason. We actually are working very very hard to reduce the minimum to 50$. We will keep you posted in the coming months. Last week we recently added ACH. Yes it is at 500$, but it might be modified in the future. Everything is carefully calculated for smooth payouts twice a month.

As for the video tags, we have already discussed this and might roll out something to solve this. Launching our new search enables us to be very flexible on the results we shdeow. Our goal is to have a search that is constantly learning and giving you the best results. Letting users flag and "detag" vids could be that solution. We also dont want people to take advantage of this and hatefully do this to have some models not appear for specific tags. This only means more manual monitoring. Sometimes tags are not obvious in the preview, but are present in the Video itself (although non-nude definitely can be seen right away).
Since you have specific tag that you specialize in, giving us a list for now would help us monitor and detag some vids.

Love the suggestions, love the feedback! (good and bad). Hey... we are here to improve and make sure the site has the best experience for both the model and the users. We know we cant please every single MV girl, but we can definitely improve and add features we mostly agree on :)

Anthony

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 10
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
A reminder seems to be a great idea. We do remind them in their profile (as attached in msg just above), but another reminder perhaps the next day cant hurt. We also dont wanna be too spammy, so always trying to find that perfect balance. :)

A reminder seems to be a great idea. We do remind them in their profile (as attached in msg just above), but another reminder perhaps the next day cant hurt. We also dont wanna be too spammy, so always trying to find that perfect balance. :)
If you let members opt out of these messages, it shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Kradek and ManyVids
Status
Not open for further replies.