AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"meet me & have sex" raffles... otherwise know as "SUCKERS!"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "meet me & have sex" raffles... otherwise know as "SUCKE

blahblahblah said:
I suspect the large majority if all of these raffles are fake.

First off there is zero way of verifying that the winner is legit. What's to stop the model from inventing a member's name and saying "Bob123 won the raffle" and then taking pics with her guy friend and saying that he is "Bob123"

Second the raffles that claim they will pay for flight and accommodation are impossible. For a flight within North America and say 3 days accomadation you are talking at least $1000. If the winner lives anywhere else it only goes up in price. I doubt a model would want to part with more than $1000, when they could just make up a story of who won.

BooBooKittyfk had several raffles where she would fuck the winner and record it, but no evidence of these dates ever appeared.

Finally, as most models are in their 20s-mid 30s would they really want to go on a date, and possibly fuck some awkward dude from the internet who is likely 50 years old?

I set a minimum for my raffle. In one case, i had a winner from sweden and I simply sent him the minimum amount. Thats how I can pay for flights. The total cost of my expenses was around $1000
I made around 30,000 tks.

Covered?
Yes...

As far as verificaton - the guys in my chat know this guy. He's a long time reg. They know he's not a random guy ...

I dont know about other girls but i've SEEN the girls in vegas meeting random guys for dates. I've also watched as they were stood up by one. NONE of those were rigged or fake....

ya'll are WAY too cynical!!!

Miss_Lollipop said:
As far as verificaton - the guys in my chat know this guy. He's a long time reg. They know he's not a random guy ...
And I suppose that would be the best way for a girl to go about it. Only allow people they've become familiar with to enter the raffle or make the date purchase, both for verification and safety purposes. But then again, we can never really know how a person will act once we're face to face with them. People can seem totally cool via the Internet or phone calls then be a total wacko in person.

Reactions: 1 person

Miss_Lollipop said:
blahblahblah said:

First off there is zero way of verifying that the winner is legit. What's to stop the model from inventing a member's name and saying "Bob123 won the raffle" and then taking pics with her guy friend and saying that he is "Bob123"

Second the raffles that claim they will pay for flight and accommodation are impossible. For a flight within North America and say 3 days accomadation you are talking at least $1000. If the winner lives anywhere else it only goes up in price. I doubt a model would want to part with more than $1000, when they could just make up a story of who won.

BooBooKittyfk had several raffles where she would fuck the winner and record it, but no evidence of these dates ever appeared.

Finally, as most models are in their 20s-mid 30s would they really want to go on a date, and possibly fuck some awkward dude from the internet who is likely 50 years old?

I set a minimum for my raffle. In one case, i had a winner from sweden and I simply sent him the minimum amount. Thats how I can pay for flights. The total cost of my expenses was around $1000

Covered?
Yes...

I dont know about other girls but i've SEEN the girls in vegas meeting random guys for dates. I've also watched as they were stood up by one. NONE of those were rigged or fake....

The girls meeting in Vegas has nothing to do with it - a) it was a special case b) the models involved all have good reputations and c) doing dodgy shit with 20 other camgirls as witnesses doesn't seem very smart anyway.

We're not cynical, we're realistic. We've SEEN girls cheat at these high stakes raffles (ie pretending to write tickets with the cap still on the pen), I've also seen a girl pull a name out of a hat, drop it back in and pull out a different one. Blatantly.

Sweep went to dragoncon with d0mino I think? Had no qualms about photos with her. How many MFC girls get photos taken with guys at those adult conventions? Lots. You can even see it happening in the background to other models and their fans while the model you're watching is on cam. Jermajesty has plenty of photos of models he's met up with. I don't see all this extreme paranoia preventing raffle winners from posting their favourite pic with their model or using it as an MFC avatar - many would jump at the chance. Yet they rarely do, how odd. In fact I've never even seen one of those "winners" post on the model's message wall, or the model on the member's profile (most winners, unsurprisingly, don't have profiles).

You met up with your winner etc, and both you and the winner were quite open about it happening if I understand correctly. Make no mistake - that makes you an exception. Most of these raffles, after they're drawn, the winner is never seen or heard from again, the model doesn't mention it, there are no photographs, nothing.

Fact is it's WAY too easy to scam these by the model self-tipping, pretending offline tips, rigging the drawing etc...and in return they not only don't have to go through with the date they pocket the entire proceeds instead of shelling out for the cost of the ticket, accomodation, whatever.

Most of the girls on here would follow through with what they promise, and unsurprisingly most of the girls on here don't promise unrealistic things like some models do. A lot of these raffles however are just straight up scams, with no oversight and no recourse for complaint - and I mean no disrespect but if you truly think otherwise you're pretty gullible. Try watching some of them from a member's perspective - there are countless high profile "date" raffles that have raised thousands of dollars in some cases with the same winners winning over and over, or some bloob premium that no one's ever seen before or heard of since coming in and winning.

Jupiter551 said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
blahblahblah said:

Covered?
Yes...

The girls meeting in Vegas has nothing to do with it - a) it was a special case b) the models involved all have good reputations and c) doing dodgy shit with 20 other camgirls as witnesses doesn't seem very smart anyway.

We're not cynical, we're realistic. We've SEEN girls cheat at these high stakes raffles (ie pretending to write tickets with the cap still on the pen), I've also seen a girl pull a name out of a hat, drop it back in and pull out a different one. Blatantly.

Sweep went to dragoncon with d0mino I think? Had no qualms about photos with her. How many MFC girls get photos taken with guys at those adult conventions? Lots. You can even see it happening in the background to other models and their fans while the model you're watching is on cam. Jermajesty has plenty of photos of models he's met up with. I don't see all this extreme paranoia preventing raffle winners from posting their favourite pic with their model or using it as an MFC avatar - many would jump at the chance. Yet they rarely do, how odd. In fact I've never even seen one of those "winners" post on the model's message wall, or the model on the member's profile (most winners, unsurprisingly, don't have profiles).

You met up with your winner etc, and both you and the winner were quite open about it happening if I understand correctly. Make no mistake - that makes you an exception. Most of these raffles, after they're drawn, the winner is never seen or heard from again, the model doesn't mention it, there are no photographs, nothing.

Fact is it's WAY too easy to scam these by the model self-tipping, pretending offline tips, rigging the drawing etc...and in return they not only don't have to go through with the date they pocket the entire proceeds instead of shelling out for the cost of the ticket, accomodation, whatever.

Most of the girls on here would follow through with what they promise, and unsurprisingly most of the girls on here don't promise unrealistic things like some models do. A lot of these raffles however are just straight up scams, with no oversight and no recourse for complaint - and I mean no disrespect but if you truly think otherwise you're pretty gullible. Try watching some of them from a member's perspective - there are countless high profile "date" raffles that have raised thousands of dollars in some cases with the same winners winning over and over, or some bloob premium that no one's ever seen before or heard of since coming in and winning.

I can not agree more with this, and can only add some of my personal experience. There have been three meet raffles that I can say I seriously entered. In all cases (just two different models) I had known the models long enough that I thought they were legit raffles. Can I say with 100% certainty that they were scams? No, but I am 99% sure they were scams in hindsight. Winners were not regulars in the rooms, and they were never to be seen again after winning. In one case a picture was posted after the supposed meet up but he could have been anyone. I think it was more telling that he never returned to the models room and the account was deleted.

So, even if you "know" the person in question having the raffle, it does not guarantee that the contest will be legit. I would tend to trust most of the models that post here. With one exception, but she no longer posts here.

We are painting with broad strokes here, but when the vast majority of the meet me raffles turn out to be fishy, what can one expect?

Reactions: SoTxBob

Jupiter you made some excellent points. I guess I just don't want people thinking ALL date raffles are fake. But i might be taking it too personally.

Can we agree that generally speaking 'convention' dates.. while models are at adult conventions with mfc.. are more likely to be legit, because the model clearly has no problem meeting and interacting with members.. ?

there used to be a model on MFC, SexyAlexie. She ran several date type raffles and actually admitted in a pm convo to a member that it was rigged. She basically said she runs the raffle and knows beforehand who she is going to pick to win. And when it came to drawing she reached in off camera and pulled the guys name.

She also admitted to planning on meeting the guy and then ditching him shortly after, so she could at the very least say she met him.

Miss_Lollipop said:
Jupiter you made some excellent points. I guess I just don't want people thinking ALL date raffles are fake. But i might be taking it too personally.

Can we agree that generally speaking 'convention' dates.. while models are at adult conventions with mfc.. are more likely to be legit, because the model clearly has no problem meeting and interacting with members.. ?
For sure, I don't think a raffle for meeting a member at a convention, or having lunch/dinner with a model with a male friend watching over a couple tables away sounds fishy. It's the ones that seem too good to be true, that usually are.

I spent the weekend with violet420 and nikita420 with Nikita's fiance there at first being a watchful eye just in case at first but it quickly just turned into us four hanging out the entire time. I got a hotel room but majority of the time was spent at Nikita's house or just simply out n about getting shown around the city. But then again I knew both the girls for a good while before taking part in such a contest that I never in my heart of hearts thought i'd win and just did so for kicks and to have some fun with tokens. If you go into a room you never been in before and you don't know the girl at all and you decide to spend as much money as possible for a chance for a meet me fuck me date you kind of deserve to get screwed. Figuratively.

I agree sweep - and for sure there are plenty of legit raffles out there - Candie gives away laptops filled with her content! Anyway it's like gambling (hell, it IS gambling), so you should never enter expecting to win you should enter for the fun of it.

i once heard a model tell me a guy had messaged her saying he helps models all the time to help rig the date raffles. Simply by offering to put his name in the raffle and rig it to where she picks him, but in return he doesn't want anything. Just a way he wanted to help the model bring in more tokens. Apparently this fellow helped out quite a few models. But thats just what i heard :think:

dave2000 said:
i once heard a model tell me a guy had messaged her saying he helps models all the time to help rig the date raffles. Simply by offering to put his name in the raffle and rig it to where she picks him, but in return he doesn't want anything. Just a way he wanted to help the model bring in more tokens. Apparently this fellow helped out quite a few models. But thats just what i heard :think:
I've had a handful of MFC Mails from members offering/saying this exact thing.

AmberCutie said:
dave2000 said:

I wonder if they plan on blackmailing any models that take them up on their offer. That would be something most models would not want spread around.

AmberCutie said:
dave2000 said:

If there are members doing this, no wonder so many of the contests appear rigged. I can see how the less scrupulous models get some of their ideas now. I guess I should not be surprised that members can be cheaters too. :lol:

Why would someone do this? Another angle to get in the good graces of a model?

AmberCutie said:
dave2000 said:
I remember you mentioned this once, what a fuckwad. Oh how much I'd love to know which models accepted his offer though. Or maybe that's his plan? To see which models are dishonest so he can out them/blackmail them?

I was actually thinking the other day...

How many models end up scamming because they heard other models were scamming from the members?

How many models end up scamming because they fall for member scams?

How many models end up scamming after witnessing (or being the victim of) another model's scam?

I heard about models who had way too many papers in their hat, and instantly thought of so many ways you could scam without it appearing that you do. Examples:
-write the name you want to win down on every ticket
-have two hats, one full of blank pieces of paper, one that you put the legit pieces into
-make sure the name you want to win is on top before you draw
-give the ticket you want to win some sort of defining characteristic. (I actually saw this one in action once, only knew about it because it failed x.x it was at a school, where a teacher was pulling it for the students and wanted a certain one to win. How sick is it to blantantly show such a scam to a classroom of KIDS?)

Some of these I've heard of, some of these I've seen in action, some came out of my own mind. I will never use them, and I hope no one here would.

LadyLuna said:
I was actually thinking the other day...

How many models end up scamming because they heard other models were scamming from the members?

How many models end up scamming because they fall for member scams?

How many models end up scamming after witnessing (or being the victim of) another model's scam?

I heard about models who had way too many papers in their hat, and instantly thought of so many ways you could scam without it appearing that you do. Examples:
-write the name you want to win down on every ticket
-have two hats, one full of blank pieces of paper, one that you put the legit pieces into
-make sure the name you want to win is on top before you draw
-give the ticket you want to win some sort of defining characteristic. (I actually saw this one in action once, only knew about it because it failed x.x it was at a school, where a teacher was pulling it for the students and wanted a certain one to win. How sick is it to blantantly show such a scam to a classroom of KIDS?)

Some of these I've heard of, some of these I've seen in action, some came out of my own mind. I will never use them, and I hope no one here would.
Right, and just because a model writes your name on a ticket, holds it up to the cam then folds and drops it into a fishbowl, doesn't mean she doesn't dump them out and fill them with 300 identical fake tickets the day before the raffle ends.

I guess in the end it just comes down to trust - either you trust her to be honest or you don't. Because anyone could scam an online raffle, but I'm fairly firm in my conviction that models whose raffles I've entered (JoleneJolene, CandieCane, BlackxxxRose, LilRedHairGrl to name a few that come to mind) have always displayed enough honesty and integrity that I'd have no hesitation in trusting them.

Actually it brings to mind something my dad taught me about business - people who rip others off might make a quick buck, but the art of really good business is about both parties walking away happy with the outcome. It sometimes seems like a longer, harder road, but true success in business goes hand-in-hand with treating your customers honestly.

this thread is interesting to me because ive been thinking of doing some sort of date raffle. i havent so far because i dont really think anyone would be interested. im not being emo im just saying it would definitely be:
no sex not even a inference that we might have sex. maybe a hug. no other touching.
theyd have to pay for themselves. im not rich enough to pay for someones trip
there would def be a background check and someone lurking around to make sure things go ok.
with all that being said i doubt anyone would be that excited about it seeing as im not a super famous camgirl i cant see anyone being like omg i cant wait to sit around and eat food with this girl! with my luck id get two people who entered and id end up going on a date for 6 dollars. i definitely wouldnt scam though and the girls who do should think twice. eventually that kind of thing gets around and you lose alot of people im sure. id be more skeptical of a girl who set no boundaries than of a girl who was clear cut in her safety.

Jaydenrainey said:
id be more skeptical of a girl who set no boundaries than of a girl who was clear cut in her safety.
Exactly, and the same goes for outrageously generous prizes - if it seems too good to be true...

I'd enter a date raffle to hang out with you, you seem like a cool chick. Unfortunately I can't afford the travel costs either and even if I could I'm not sure I'd pay thousands of dollars to meet anyone from mfc :p

Reactions: Jaydenrainey

Jupiter551 said:
I guess in the end it just comes down to trust - either you trust her to be honest or you don't. Because anyone could scam an online raffle, but I'm fairly firm in my conviction that models whose raffles I've entered (JoleneJolene, CandieCane, BlackxxxRose, LilRedHairGrl to name a few that come to mind) have always displayed enough honesty and integrity that I'd have no hesitation in trusting them.

Indeed. I've entered a lot of legit raffles for random prizes (pictures, videos, etc.) but only one "you could meet the model" raffle and while I did not win, I trusted the model running it to keep everything above board.

Jupiter551 said:
Actually it brings to mind something my dad taught me about business - people who rip others off might make a quick buck, but the art of really good business is about both parties walking away happy with the outcome. It sometimes seems like a longer, harder road, but true success in business goes hand-in-hand with treating your customers honestly.

This actually sounds a lot like something my dad would have said regarding work/business. :p

Just a note about 'paper in a fishbowl method'

I now do raffles using a random number generator with the cam pointed at the computer. I have tickets listed on a spread sheet which i show on the screen also. This seems fairer to me.. and everyone seems to agree - other than ONE moron who insisted that it wasn't fair and that he wanted me to draw from a hat because the previous raffle he lost even tho he had 40% of the tickets....

Reactions: UncleThursday

Wow a random number generator. Very nice. You can use Excel to generate them too...just google for the RAND function.

This way seems very transparent, but someone will always be too dull witted to understand it.

Often seems to be difficult to direct members to a profile, locate the tip button or read the topic. I imagine explaining a spreadsheet and rng raffle method to them would be like trying to teach calculus to a group of chickens.

Jupiter551 said:
Often seems to be difficult to direct members to a profile, locate the tip button or read the topic. I imagine explaining a spreadsheet and rng raffle method to them would be like trying to teach calculus to a group of chickens.

LOL i really haven't had too many complaints. I still feel like its more transparent and its far less easy to be accused of rigging it this way.

I did ask on twitter what way they thought was best and got about a 40% - bowl with papers and 60% random number generator.

The overwhelming suggestion was to let DUKE pick from the can (which would mean OFF cam) so that I wouldnt be accused of rigging..

Really?
Like if I want to rig a raffle having my boyfriend draw (OFF cam no less) would work better???!?!

Jupiter551 said:

I agree. :lol:

I can't tell you how many times I've had raffle info IN my room topic, reposted the topic, and guys would still say "What's the raffle for?" LOL.

And guys acting like it's sooo complicated to find my list of 'Videos for sale' snapshot pics on my profile in the photo gallery.

Reactions: Nordling

Some are lazy, some just can't think of any other way to get the attention of the lady or to start a conversation than ask questions about the obvious. bad attention is better than no attention at all.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Jupiter551 said:

I agree. :lol:

I can't tell you how many times I've had raffle info IN my room topic, reposted the topic, and guys would still say "What's the raffle for?" LOL.

And guys acting like it's sooo complicated to find my list of 'Videos for sale' snapshot pics on my profile in the photo gallery.
Especially funny, at least to me, is when you click on their names and find they've been members for more than two years. lol "how do I tip bb?"

SweepTheLeg said:
bad attention is better than no attention at all.

This statement doesn't sound right.

I think what you meant to say was "Annoying chatters is better than no chatters at all."

Or

That guys with short attention spans are better than no guys in the room at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.