AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Megabyte per hour

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2018
Hello,

does anyone know how many megabyte per hour are needed to stream at MFC in best possible quallity?

Thanks.

does anyone know how many megabyte per hour are needed to stream at MFC in best possible quallity?

Let's put some flavor on that. A 1280x720 upload requires between 1.2 and 4 kbps going upstream. A 1920x1080 upload requires between 4 and 8 kbps. For a given resolution, it depends on the number of frames per second, color depth, etc.

So let's test at 1.2, 4, and 8 kbps:

1280x720 minimum 1.2 kbps ~= 0.5 Gigabytes per hour
1920x1080 minimum 4 kbps ~= 1.8 Gigabytes per hour
1920x1080 maximum 8 kbps ~= 3.6 Gigabytes per hour

Personally I think 720P is quite sufficient for most webcam work. If you have a lot of bandwidth available, then sure go for a 1080P feed why not.

Having said this, the place to invest is in lighting and sound quality. So few models get that right. Look at what Chloe Lewis does on her feeds. She nails the videography, the lighting, and the sound, and that is so much more important than going from 720P to 1080P. Learn three point lighting. Get lights that are sized correctly to your room. Play around with how those lights look on your body at different distances from the lighting. Get the sound arranged through a digital audio mixer to eliminate feedback loops and prioritize sounds the way you think viewers want to hear them. I think one model out of 20 does those things even at a passing level. That is where you can stand out, if you get things right.

I would rather watch a well-lit model with good digital sound control at 480P than a badly lit model at 1080P.

Last edited:
Let's put some flavor on that. A 1280x720 upload requires between 1.2 and 4 kbps going upstream. A 1920x1080 upload requires between 4 and 8 kbps. For a given resolution, it depends on the number of frames per second, color depth, etc.

So let's test at 1.2, 4, and 8 kbps:

1280x720 minimum 1.2 kbps ~= 0.5 Gigabytes per hour
1920x1080 minimum 4 kbps ~= 1.8 Gigabytes per hour
1920x1080 maximum 8 kbps ~= 3.6 Gigabytes per hour

Personally I think 720P is quite sufficient for most webcam work. If you have a lot of bandwidth available, then sure go for a 1080P feed why not.

Having said this, the place to invest is in lighting and sound quality. So few models get that right. Look at what Chloe Lewis does on her feeds. She nails the videography, the lighting, and the sound, and that is so much more important than going from 720P to 1080P. Learn three point lighting. Get lights that are sized correctly to your room. Play around with how those lights look on your body at different distances from the lighting. Get the sound arranged through a digital audio mixer to eliminate feedback loops and prioritize sounds the way you think viewers want to hear them. I think one model out of 20 does those things even at a passing level. That is where you can stand out, if you get things right.

I would rather watch a well-lit model with good digital sound control at 480P than a badly lit model at 1080P.

You really needed to complicate that question this much?

MFC max is
1080p @ 30 FPS is 8 Mbps aka 3.6 GBh.

CB
1080p @ 60 FPS is 12 Mbps aka 5.4 GBh.
4k @ 30 FPS is 35-45 Mbps aka 15.8-20.3 GBh.
4k @ 60 FPS is 53-68 Mbps aka 23.9-30.6 GBh.

If you want to see the difference between 720, 1080 and 4k. Find a model on CB with 4k. And use the resolution setting to switch between 720, 1080 and 4k. There are also threads comparing the differences, Chaturbate does 4K now?!?

Reactions: AudriTwo and Lelo1
Someone answers a question informatively and thoroughly with clear explanations - and gets criticism from posters who don't.

Such is the way of the internet! :hilarious::hilarious:

I didn't need to answer it. Saffron already had answered with actual information from her own streaming history. Her reply was concise and to the point and didn't spin off into a ridiculous tangent about lighting, videography and sound.

I didn't need to answer it. Saffron already had answered with actual information from her own streaming history. Her reply was concise and to the point and didn't spin off into a ridiculous tangent about lighting, videography and sound.

But her answer was not complete if you answer the question he asked, which was for "best possible quality". You actually do need to know the resolution, and the number of frames per second, and the answer is much different for 720P and 1080P. I am all for the simplest correct answer, which I think is close to what I gave.

The tangent about lighting was worth mentioning because that is probably more important than the resolution, and it is easy to get caught up in technical details of resolution and miss the most important variables of having a good broadcast.

Hello,

Thanks.

The highest setting currently available is 800 x 600 @ 2.5 mbps. 2.5 x 60 x 60 = 9000 megabits per hour = 1125 megabytes per hour (8 bits per byte). If you're needing this information to figure out how much data to purchase (say for a mobile hotspot), allow 25% beyond this number to account for overhead.

tl;dr: 1125-1500 MB/hour

i use OBS PROJECT with chaturbate
1920x1080 60fps i put 5000 bitrate
with my sony hdr cam is very fast at 60fps
if I use logitech brio i not see really 60fps .... why?
obs project show me 60fps but when i'm online i no see realle 60fps ... is more slow
chaturbate use only obs project or maybe xsplit too?
OBS PROJECT is able for 90fps?

i use OBS PROJECT with chaturbate
1920x1080 60fps i put 5000 bitrate
with my sony hdr cam is very fast at 60fps
if I use logitech brio i not see really 60fps .... why?
obs project show me 60fps but when i'm online i no see realle 60fps ... is more slow
chaturbate use only obs project or maybe xsplit too?
OBS PROJECT is able for 90fps?

Chaturbate does not support 60fps AFAIK. See https://support.chaturbate.com/customer/portal/articles/2824180-obs-rtmp-information-
"The frame rate is limited to 30 fps as whilst it is beneficial for some streaming content such as video games to run at a higher frame rate; very few cameras can support 60 fps. Our bitrates are tuned to streams that run at 24-30 fps."

I wish they did support 60fps. I know people say it's only beneficial for videos with a lot of movement, but every 60fps video I see on youtube looks amazing, even when there isn't a ton of motion. Everything looks so fluid. There are plenty of shows that I think could massively benefit from 60fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.