AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Member Privacy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think laws haven't really caught up with technology, so we don't have very clear regulations about what counts as a "private transmission" on the internet (e.g. you can't record a telephone conversation without notifying the other party, but we haven't addressed that with a texting/DM/chatroom interface). Nor do we have clear regulations governing whether posting something on social media is different than verbally telling a large group of friends.

Yeah, maybe. But MFC does have rules about it, that say "what happens on MFC stays on MFC". So like we've been saying, a model who exposes anything said to her by a member on the site should be fired by the site. That should even include telling one other person, like that person's spouse.

A golden rule is don't do or say anything that you'd be ashamed/embarrassed of if someone found out.

I think you cited a scenario of a model giving out a members CC info and later equated it with a bank teller. That's part of their job, a bank teller, to handle your money & see your info. If they used that info they'd be guilty of embezzlement and fraud. If a member willingly gave his CC info to a model and they had a falling out and she released it, it's definitely unethical but unless she took money after their falling out date I can't see her being charged with anything. Sure it's a shitty thing to do but the sensitive info was given to her freely.

As far as chatlogs she could screenshot them and crop/photoshop anything that would identify what camsite it came from and if it were me i'd convert them to B&W

a model who exposes anything said to her by a member on the site should be fired by the site. That should even include telling one other person, like that person's spouse.
haha, you've gotta be joking. just stop.

haha, you've gotta be joking. just stop.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'm talking about releasing that information tied to the member's personally identifiable information. If it all stays anonymous, like "look what JerkOff523 posted", no problem. But telling the world what "famous actor X" told you on MFC would be a problem. Hopefully you don't disagree with that.

Or do you think it's ok if you find out a member's info, and that they're married, for you to tell their wife? I guarantee MFC isn't ok with that.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
You weren't.

Your post made it seem as though if I tell my husband what joexyzmember said to me in a PM that I should be banned from MFC.

A golden rule is don't do or say anything that you'd be ashamed/embarrassed of if someone found out.

I think you cited a scenario of a model giving out a members CC info and later equated it with a bank teller. That's part of their job, a bank teller, to handle your money & see your info. If they used that info they'd be guilty of embezzlement and fraud. If a member willingly gave his CC info to a model and they had a falling out and she released it, it's definitely unethical but unless she took money after their falling out date I can't see her being charged with anything. Sure it's a shitty thing to do but the sensitive info was given to her freely.

As far as chatlogs she could screenshot them and crop/photoshop anything that would identify what camsite it came from and if it were me i'd convert them to B&W

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to publicize someone's CC info under any circumstances. And again, definitely against MFC's rules, which prohibit sharing anyone's personally identifiable information.

You weren't.

Your post made it seem as though if I tell my husband what joexyzmember said to me in a PM that I should be banned from MFC.

No, of course not. I was assuming it was clear because of the previous posts. We're talking about exposing someone's real identity as being on MFC, and/or sharing anything they said/posted/cammed on the site. Basically what AriaNina did, but with chat/images/etc you got through MFC, not Twitter.

No, of course not. I was assuming it was clear because of the previous posts. We're talking about exposing someone's real identity as being on MFC, and/or sharing anything they said/posted/cammed on the site. Basically what AriaNina did, but with chat/images/etc you got through MFC, not Twitter.

Should add though - if someone famous went c2c with you on MFC, even if you only told your husband, that technically would be violating the rules. You would be counting on him keeping the secret and it going no further.

Hmmm. Which one do you guys think he is? Obviously someone of note, can't figure out another reason you'd go so far down the rabbit hole on this.

Oh, you're just some average Joe? I promise, no one cares and you have no reason to concern yourself over this. Don't go sending your dick pics to random internet sexworkers (or um, anyone) and you'll be just fine, famous or not.

You're being ridiculous.

Maybe not clear enough. If somebody famous went c2c with only one model, and then it started being talked about all over Twitter, the member would know that model told people about it. If he complained to MFC, she would be in trouble, according to their rules.

Anyway, I think everything has been covered. I was unaware of the AriaNina/ShayCarl situation, so that got me looking into it more than I otherwise would have.

They're not salaried employees, they're described as "work for hire" in MFC's Terms, and MFC owns all content produced on the site. They are paid by MFC, the money goes through them. Their rules forbid anyone, model or member, from releasing anyone else's personal info obtained on the site. So the model should, under their Terms, be banned from the site.

Probably. The model is basically like an artist, paid to produce content for the site minute by minute. There would have to be some extra factor for MFC to be liable, but the model definitely could and should lose her account and banned from the site..

Yeah, maybe. But MFC does have rules about it, that say "what happens on MFC stays on MFC". So like we've been saying, a model who exposes anything said to her by a member on the site should be fired by the site. That should even include telling one other person, like that person's spouse.

Maybe it's just my suspicious nature, but you are beating this drum really hard dude and it's beginning to sound like you are on a personal crusade... for some reason :wondering:! Guess you are really wanting someone fired huh?

:think:

Maybe it's just my suspicious nature, but you are beating this drum really hard dude and it's beginning to sound like you are on a personal crusade... for some reason :wondering:! Guess you are really wanting someone fired huh?

:think:

It is your suspicious nature. I'm not famous, and I'm glad I'm not. And I don't have my own experience with this. I'm just trying to understand what the situation is more clearly. I disagree with the people trying to say you should have no expectation of privacy. I strongly disagree with that. MFC has rules that deal with it, and I hope it's not just boilerplate. If you can't have an expectation of privacy on MFC or other cam sites, they will see a lot less business.

If you can't have an expectation of privacy on MFC or other cam sites, they will see a lot less business.
Obviously it's not an issue, as MFC and sites like it have been around for a looong time, and they maintain plenty of business. Which is what everyone keeps telling you, that it's not something you need to concern yourself with.

Status
Not open for further replies.