AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Member shows on Premium Accounts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAlyEXPRNCE

Cam Model
Jun 4, 2014
profiles.myfreecams.com
Hello :) Question for members and models... I have heard that there is a way to host a private chat type thing from a premium account. For example, I could log on to my Prem Name and start my webcam and have a sort of invite-only party type thing for other members. I have skimmed MFC Wiki for this but can't figure out how to actually do it. Can anyone please shed some light on this issue for me? Or did I just totally misinterpret what I did hear about this? :think:

I swear that once upon a time a rule was listed somewhere in the wiki that models were NOT to use their premium account to give shows to members. I can't find it now. If anyone else has come across it, please let me know and post the link here.

It would be seen as a way to scam the camscore to anyone who knows how camscore works, so I don't think highly of it. But if you were to do this (against better judgment), you would log in as a premium, start a member room, and set your member cam to be the video as opposed to "lounge style video". Then you'd set the settings to "friends only" and only add members to the friend list that are able to enter your member room (aka your "show").

I feel pretty strongly that if MFC admins caught wind of a model doing this frequently, she'd be warned or banned, so tread lightly.

Thanks for the quick response, Amber!

I understand that it IS a way to fuck over the camscore.

Just sometimes it could be very useful. For example (for me) sometimes I only have literally 2 people who bought a public countdown for the rest of the chatroom. Instead of giving 200+ people a show here (especially after I'm severely pissed off with the freeloaders..) I'd much rather log on a member account and give an actual decent show to the 2 people who Did tip.

This obviously rarely happens, but I was also thinking of offering it as a prize or something- an invitation to a members only show. Idk. Just like to switch things up!

But if and when I even test out this feature, I will use caution.

Thanks again! :h: xo

Reactions: Ivankaa
VeronicaChaos said:
The cam quality is pretty crap for member rooms.

Isn't our cam already super crappy???

I switched to MFC after working a year on SM....
and ALL my members complained about the video quality difference after switching.

Is it even worse than being in 480p????

TheAlyEXPRNCE said:
VeronicaChaos said:
The cam quality is pretty crap for member rooms.

Isn't our cam already super crappy???

I switched to MFC after working a year on SM....
and ALL my members complained about the video quality difference after switching.

Is it even worse than being in 480p????
Much. It gets more grainy and choppier.

TheAlyEXPRNCE said:
Thanks for the quick response, Amber!

I understand that it IS a way to fuck over the camscore.

Just sometimes it could be very useful. For example (for me) sometimes I only have literally 2 people who bought a public countdown for the rest of the chatroom. Instead of giving 200+ people a show here (especially after I'm severely pissed off with the freeloaders..) I'd much rather log on a member account and give an actual decent show to the 2 people who Did tip.

This obviously rarely happens, but I was also thinking of offering it as a prize or something- an invitation to a members only show. Idk. Just like to switch things up!

But if and when I even test out this feature, I will use caution.

Thanks again! :h: xo

For your scenario, why not Skype?

zippypinhead said:
For your scenario, why not Skype?

I do skype and also offer for prizes- but a group chat on Skype is not always ideal because all cams/mics will be heard by everyone. A members show would ideally be just like a ticket show... however since the cam quality is that bad it's not something I will pursue the idea of. Maybe ill just also sign up on CB and use their password show instead : ) Thanks for the :twocents-02cents: !

I saw a top-ranked model try to do this once (some time last year) -- members who tipped a minimum amount of tokens would get added to the Friend's list of a member account so they could then watch a show in that room. I thought it was an interesting way of doing a fixed-fee Group Show.

I don't remember if she was able to go through with it, and I never saw her try it again so I think it's likely she was warned about it.

AmberCutie said:
I swear that once upon a time a rule was listed somewhere in the wiki that models were NOT to use their premium account to give shows to members. I can't find it now. If anyone else has come across it, please let me know and post the link here.

I did find this (public) thread that talks about member shows: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 5195&hilit

Amber you mentioned in that thread that you remembered models getting banned in the past for doing cam shows in member rooms. Not sure if that's what you were thinking about.

Now that the minimum amount of hours you put into MFC plays a part in your camscore, maybe having a member room or Skype won't boost it much? I'm not sure if everyone agrees that putting in too little hours affects camscore but I feel fairly certain. I've made a couple of k in the almost 2 years I stayed away from MFC. No camscore jump. I logged on for the first time in a year and a half last week. Made $105 in an hour and a half. Camscore moved up 2 points to 1400 something. If they did take member rooms out of the rules wiki, it may just be that they are irrelevant now? :think:

AmberCutie said:

It would be seen as a way to scam the camscore to anyone who knows how camscore works, so I don't think highly of it. But if you were to do this (against better judgment), you would log in as a premium, start a member room, and set your member cam to be the video as opposed to "lounge style video". Then you'd set the settings to "friends only" and only add members to the friend list that are able to enter your member room (aka your "show").

I feel pretty strongly that if MFC admins caught wind of a model doing this frequently, she'd be warned or banned, so tread lightly.

If this became popular I could see MFC being upset that many of their models (Top models included) would be invisible to people coming to the site and they could lose out on sign ups. Other then that I can't see how it is different then a model doing Skype shows for tokens.

I've seen a model just ban everyone in the room who hadn't tipped for a show, lol. Of course, if there were 100 it would take too long, and it wouldn't stop people from joining the show after it started. She only did it a few times, more as a joke than anything, and to vent a bit of rage at the freeloaders :)

AmberCutie said:

hm, but how that almighty mfc admins can be sure which exactly model is doing that? if only members do not report and hers prem name do not match..

If it's not explicitly against the rules I don't see the issue. If anyone can do it, I don't think it's really scamming the system, personally. It's just another innovation, offline tip competitions, date raffles, Skype, using spyable Privates instead of Groups to get the extra 10 tkns/min/person, etc. Personally, I wouldn't do it because I prefer entertaining large crowds and like others said the quality is crap, but to each their own. That being said it might be against the rules, but if it is, MFC should make it more clear and easy to find. :)

I recall a lady making a thread awhile back saying that her premium account had been banned for doing shows and getting tokens for them, so I would proceed with caution if you want to try this. It seems that the risk is mostly potential loss of your premium account. It's worth noting that she didn't have a model account and said she couldn't because of family or something. The main concern with doing shows in member rooms, from MFC'S end, is that they don't have documentation for premium accounts to prove that they're of age.

On the CB features that would be nice on MFC note, the one I absolutely love is the ability to make it so that only people who've tipped you that day can talk. I like to switch to that for a cumshow so that the mmmtards and other goobers can't clog up my chat. I've actually seen someone tip during my cumshow so they could say hi to another member in my room, which.... OK... More money for me, but you're weird.

I did a fundraiser a few years ago, and rewarded the members with a private hangout. We tried EVERYTHING. Members room=quality sucked, Skype=same problems, Googleplus= we're all noobs and couldn't figure it out.

That's when a regular sent me a linke to
Code:
www.zoom.us
It's similar to a group Skype call. I think I had to pay a $10 monthly charge to use it (but only paid for one month, then cancelled), but if you have just a few people, it's free (I think). It worked surprisingly well, once I had taken a few minutes to fiddle with the options. People could chat, and had the option to turn their cams on, but it was a really nice alternative to the other programs. Maybe this would help you.

I_Am_Iris said:
I did a fundraiser a few years ago, and rewarded the members with a private hangout. We tried EVERYTHING. Members room=quality sucked, Skype=same problems, Googleplus= we're all noobs and couldn't figure it out.

Code:
www.zoom.us
It's similar to a group Skype call. I think I had to pay a $10 monthly charge to use it (but only paid for one month, then cancelled), but if you have just a few people, it's free (I think). It worked surprisingly well, once I had taken a few minutes to fiddle with the options. People could chat, and had the option to turn their cams on, but it was a really nice alternative to the other programs. Maybe this would help you.
On the free plan 25 people can be in the video meeting at the same time, but there's a limitation of only 40 minutes. So if you're planning on 'movie' night, then this would be a time problem. Technically it's 40 minutes per meeting. So you could close the session and then create a new one and let everyone know to rejoin... That would be a pain though. But the $10 plan is unlimited everything; time, participants, number of meetings per month.

And they have mobile apps that really work well for people that want to join in on phones (Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). I've done them on two different tablets and the video has always been smooth and sharp. No problems with them.

JerryBoBerry said:
I_Am_Iris said:

Code:
www.zoom.us
On the free plan 25 people can be in the video meeting at the same time, but there's a limitation of only 40 minutes. So if you're planning on 'movie' night, then this would be a time problem. Technically it's 40 minutes per meeting. So you could close the session and then create a new one and let everyone know to rejoin... That would be a pain though. But the $10 plan is unlimited everything; time, participants, number of meetings per month.

And they have mobile apps that really work well for people that want to join in on phones (Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). I've done them on two different tablets and the video has always been smooth and sharp. No problems with them.
That sounds pretty awesome. Does anyone know if they allow nudity to be broadcasted?
And do the members need only a link to join the room? A password? An account on the site?

I_Am_Iris said:

If it was one to two years ago, that was on the beginning of Google Hangouts (it initially launched inside of G+) and I'm not surprised you had trouble figuring it out then as they decided that it had to be different from all other existing chat/video products (I did figure it out eventually only because that's what we use for work). Now they fixed most of that and it's supposed to be better; I use it and the quality is not constant - sometimes it's full screen HD and sometimes it's a full screen pixellated mess comparable to (or worse than) MFC member cams.

LilyMarie said:
That sounds pretty awesome. Does anyone know if they allow nudity to be broadcasted?
And do the members need only a link to join the room? A password? An account on the site?
Never heard of anyone testing the limits before. They do have a mention of 'obscene' and 'indecent' on their terms of service page. So that might be a problem. But then again Google and Skype have similar restrictions. So who knows if they enforce them. And obviously any model just wanting to do a better option than a member room on MFC for movie nights or some other similar club activity wouldn't need to worry about it.

You further agree not to use the Products to communicate any message or material that is harassing, libelous, threatening, obscene, indecent, would violate the intellectual property rights of any party or is otherwise unlawful, that would give rise to civil liability, or that constitutes or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, under any applicable law or regulation.

Looks like they've added a lot of features since i last used it. You can create or schedule meetings. Then just send them the code, or an email with it. They can either manually enter the code in the app to join or click on the link in the email. There's also a Chrome extension now that allows integration of scheduled meetings right in Google Calendar (thinking movie night every friday at 8 or something. Just make a recurring meeting maybe?) "The meeting URL and information is sent via a Google Calendar invitation so the attendee can join with a single-click."

You can also allow people in the meeting to record the video if you, the Host, allows it in your settings. Otherwise that option isn't available to them in the software. Quite a few ways of doing stuff.

Basically if you're wanting to check it out i'd look through all the various articles here.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us

Yeah, it allows nudity, Lily. It's supposed to be a "conference call" type of program. So you're not actually "broadcasting." You're just having a call between a number of friends. And yeah, I just sent a link to each person who was allowed in and told them what time to go. It was pretty easy (but took a few minutes to get the hang of).

I_Am_Iris said:
Yeah, it allows nudity, Lily. It's supposed to be a "conference call" type of program. So you're not actually "broadcasting." You're just having a call between a number of friends. And yeah, I just sent a link to each person who was allowed in and told them what time to go. It was pretty easy (but took a few minutes to get the hang of).
Thank you!
Is the link different each time?
Are you able to kick people out of the conference? (In the unlikely scenario that someone gave your link to someone who's not supposed to have it and then that person enters the room)

It's been a few years ago, so I'm not positive, Lily. I think the link is the same for each member of a conference call. Then when you do another one, it changes (I think). But I am not sure if you can kick people out. I mean, most CEOs aren't going to need to kick "the Seattle office" out of a call. Just try it out. It's free to try.

I_Am_Iris said:
It's been a few years ago, so I'm not positive, Lily. I think the link is the same for each member of a conference call. Then when you do another one, it changes (I think). But I am not sure if you can kick people out. I mean, most CEOs aren't going to need to kick "the Seattle office" out of a call. Just try it out. It's free to try.

If you start the meeting (you are the Host), you have complete and total control.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362603-What-Are-the-Host-Controls-

The "Host" of the meeting will have control over all functions and features in the meeting. To access these controls select "Manage Participants" located in your in-meeting zoom menu bar (toggle mouse to view).

Mute/Unmute All: mute/unmute all participants in meeting
Lock Screen sharing: by selecting lock screen sharing, other participants will not be able to share screen.
Mute on Entry: participants will automatically mute as they enter the meeting
Play Enter/Exit Chime: plays a sound as participants join and leave the meeting
Lock meeting: you can lock your meeting so that no other participants may join
Stop Video: stop participant's video stream (unable to start)
Make host: you can grant another participant permission to be the host of the meeting
Remove: you can kick/boot participants(s) from the meeting
Allow record: you can allow other participants the option of recording the meeting (To learn more about recording please click here)
Rename: rename the attendee name selection

Status
Not open for further replies.