AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Member Small Talk & Frequently Used Greetings..How to Avert This?

• Thread starter Deleted member 50958
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 50958

I'm talking about the typical member intro:

a/s/l?
hi hru

Both situations tend to die off after "I'm doing good"

So boring & generic! I really wish the millions of people would think of something else to say rather than rely on me to be unique. Alas, I am sometimes still caught in the same dead end "conversation". 85% of the time I can think of something to talk about or I am talking nonstop about topics, but not every day. It's a lot of work to entertain people, as you all know.

What are some ways that you have done to avoid this situation?

Reactions: MarieElise
I'm on Streamate, so there isn't as much small talk, people tend to get straight to the cyber-boning on that site haha :) But, I guess times when I don't want silence, I try to ask them questions about what they are up to, how they are doing. I get really private (not shy, just private) in free chat, (another reason I am better suited to Streamate), but sometimes I just turn whatever question they are asking me, back at them, unless it's something really mean and/or uncool. Or I turn pandora up, and kind of move sensually to the music, and smile, and announce every little while that I am happy to put it off in private chat. Music is actually a pretty good convo starter in itself. I try to use humor a lot too, to get people relaxed, including myself.

I'm so direct and to the point in chat. "Hey how was your day, did you get that thing you wanted from the last time we talked" and stuff like that. I think, and I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that, some people just have a face that makes others spill their guts. I get the most intimate details from people without ever really asking. I'm also super open about who I am and why I do things or don't do things. I think if people feel comfortable with you and 'internet trust you', the conversations that go beyond "hi how are you" are easier to come by. I can only speak for my own experiences.

I generally try to extend my answers to the ‘mundane’ questions, for ‘hru?’ I might say ‘I’m okaaaay but I’m really craving X food and it’s driving me mad’ or just straight up say ‘im good, what’s the gossip?’ something like that, or anything that makes the person actually think and move away from the mundane. I also think trying to remember user names and previous conversations is a massive help in avoiding those questions. In the end it’ll just be like your catching up

Another tactic you could employ is following sites like Xbiz and other business insider sites and talk about new things happening in the cam industry. Whether it's upcoming expos or awards shows or advancements in toys.

I generally try to extend my answers to the ‘mundane’ questions, for ‘hru?’ I might say ‘I’m okaaaay but I’m really craving X food and it’s driving me mad’ or just straight up say ‘im good, what’s the gossip?’ something like that, or anything that makes the person actually think and move away from the mundane. I also think trying to remember user names and previous conversations is a massive help in avoiding those questions. In the end it’ll just be like your catching up

I think this is the only thing to do in all honesty.
I mean, I know most guys don't sincerely care about how you are doing and it's just a nice/polite and expected way to greet someone but I can understand how annoying it must get being asked it 1000 times each day, every day.

One model I know even hates myself asking it, even though she 100% knows I DO sincerely care about the words I ask (how are you): be it whether she has had a good, bad or whatever day. But she asked (told lol) me to not ask her (obviously I obliged a long time ago) to do it and did explain the reason I just gave. And then obviously on top of that, I do understand it also gets annoying when someone may come in, ask "hru" but before you get to respond, they leave. Again, with that happening many times each day, it kind of makes you less responsive.

Because I am aware of this, those that I do follow and talk with, I try to open with something stupid or random rather than a "hi" "hru" (although I never say "hru" I always type it out properly).
The random thing I open will always depend on the model and maybe what we previously spoke about.

yes, It's a game, and like in chess, "Hi, hru" is only an opening.
But you can chose who decides to engage really when you play whites.

In CB, you open the PM and can stop on 'hi' , viewer will have the 'hru ?' to play.
Then you can play shortly with 'good and you ?' letting the viewer deciding the topic or playing 'null'. But generally he will speak of something.. or leave. But you keep "the questions".

That resolves most of cases for new users and can let you directing the exchange with a poll of opened questions in PM (how is your life, what ur occupation, and so on...) When he has the 'questions', you can be embarrassed by most of them concerning your privacy that you open more or less depending on the viewer.

and ofc, if it's engaged in dirty talking, the play is different : )

Even IRL, you're still going to have this. Most people are a little hesitant to get into a conversation with someone they hardly know. So, it's more a casual greeting. Kind of like seeing someone walking towards you and you give a quick smile and say "Hi".

But, I can understand the repetitiveness of being asked the same question countless times a day. Thus, usually when I enter a model's room, I do a small tip with some kind of hello emote. This way, I say "Hello", and leave it to her to initiate the conversation beyond that. However, I really only visit models I've known for a long time, so there's a bit of history between us so it's rare to just have small talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.