AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members berating other members...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Does it bother you when members berate other members for not tipping/freeloading?

• Yes, it bothers me.

Votes: 62 77.5%
  • No, it doesn't bother me.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No, as long as the member is a regular.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No, as long as the member is a regular and is actively tipping.

Votes: 14 17.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePioneer

V.I.P. AmberLander
Oct 17, 2010
Does it bother you when members berate others members in public chat for not tipping or freeloading?

Models: Does it help/make things worse/no effect in regards to room activity and tokens when you have members engaging in this kind of behavior in your room?

It can make me feel pretty awkward/uncomfortable when my regular members take it upon themselves to push others to tip. I don't mind when a tipper says things like "hey all, I can't do this countdown alone, chip in a bit if you can". But getting snippy at people for not tipping makes me feel weird. I guess if anyone is going to try and guilt/yell at someone for not helping, it would be me, and I'd reserve that for infrequent occasions and word it in a particular way.

I can't stand it when brand new people in the room decide to yell at people for not tipping. That's just unacceptable.

I really, really dont like it. It's my job to get guys tipping and to manage my room. I'd rather my members have fun than worry about who else has tipped and how much. I think it's hostile and I leave rooms if the members are acting like that.

Totally can understand WHY tipping members find it frustrating to carry the room, but I think vocalizing it like that has negative effects all around.

Does it frustrate me when certain members are clearly freeloaders? Hell yes! But it doesn't give me, or any other member any right to berate anyone for not tipping. It's not my place to do that, it's strictly the models domain.

I definitely feel that there can be a lot, mentally, behind someone getting frustrated and berating other members for not contributing to count, but it's never an excuse for doing anything like that in public chat (or even in PM/MFCMail). I know that I've felt frustration where I've carried a count, and then everyone gets a "free show", but I try to put it into perspective and remind myself that I'm tipping the model because I appreciate them.

I will say though, that a model who goes out of their way (on a day where I may have been one of only a few people to tip) to tell me in PM (or wherever) that they appreciate my tipping/supporting makes an amazing difference in me not feeling frustrated on days like that. I guess it's just the little extra "Hey, what you did, didn't go unnoticed" can be a special thing.

Tipping and encouraging others to tip = Ok as long as its not over the top "come on guys lets all chip and do this"
"Ok i did my part! Where is everyone else! come on guys!"

those kinds of things are ok to me.

"TIP HER!!!!! IF YOU LIKE HER WHY ARENT YOU TIPPING HER" ---- Awful. especially if its not done by a tipper. but even if it is.

name calling, etc..wont be tolerated ever.

It makes me super uncomfortable. Especially when one of my best tippers stopped being able to tip (which I totally understood), but felt that he needed to take it upon himself to scold other people in my room to make up for his lack of tips. Like saying "you need to tip her for that request." It made me feel like I was losing control of my room. I talked to him about it and he apologized, but he'd still do it every once in a while.

We should be able to manage our own rooms. This is why I never utilize the "room helper" feature. I just don't want anyone to think they "run" my room.

Edit: What Lolli said! Encouragement is totally different than "berating", but I've even seen that get a bit out of control in my room.

Most of the times I've seen members launch into these tirades, they've been drunk. Other times, they're members who show up once in a blue moon and decide to wave their token-peen around and shit on everyone else, including regular moderate tippers. In both kinds of cases, it's extremely embarrassing and frustrating for the models involved.

I think it's bad when models berate members for not tipping, so for a member to do it is ridiculous. It's definitely a camland pet peeve of mine. It makes the member look like a poo-poo head (especially if they're not tipping themselves), it makes other members less likely to tip, and it puts the model in an awkward position. I'm not a fan of it, yo.

It annoys me when anyone does it and it goes double when someone who isnt even tipping does it does it (Triple when its a guest or basic who has never tipped anyone in their lives).

One that really annoyed me a few days ago was some guy saying after every tip "come on guys just x tokens to go until I tip 100 and smash this count down out the park". I could understand if he was waiting do drop a huge tip of thousands but seriously he was acting like he's Mr Big Shot when he's only about to tip $10. :angry4:

Miss_Lollipop said:
Tipping and encouraging others to tip = Ok as long as its not over the top "come on guys lets all chip and do this"

"TIP HER!!!!! IF YOU LIKE HER WHY ARENT YOU TIPPING HER" ---- Awful. especially if its not done by a tipper. but even if it is.

I like the way Lolli differentiated between encouraging/berated. But let me ask this question, me and 2 or 3 other guys have basically cleared the last couple of counts. We are long away from the show countdown. I am frustrated/out of tokens and I PM the other couple of tippers an they are in the same situation. So how exactly do we communicate to room and/or model, we are done somebody else's turn?

HiGirlsRHot said:
I like the way Lolli differentiated between encouraging/berated. But let me ask this question, me and 2 or 3 other guys have basically cleared the last couple of counts. We are long away from the show countdown. I am frustrated/out of tokens and I PM the other couple of tippers an they are in the same situation. So how exactly do we communicate to room and/or model, we are done somebody else's turn?
Speaking from a members perspective, I personally think there isn't a way we can communicate that effectively. At least not verbally. We can attempt to encourage rather then berate, but do you think that really makes much of a difference?

The truth is most tipping is done to show appreciation to a model, as soon as a member tries to get others to tip he's effectively sharing that appreciation with the tipper while the tipper in return receives no compensation. In essence someone doing this is "stealing the tippers thunder". If he was going to tip, he probably would have regardless of whether or not the person doing the encouraging spoke up, but there is a good chance he will now save these tokens for a later time when he doesn't have to share this appreciation. I think it's far more likely for a member to be turned off from tipping then it is for a member to tip in appreciation of the encourager. therefore in most cases it's probably just not worth it for the member to risk it. I think it's far more profitable in most cases to hope the model can hustle the tips herself then put it on yourself to help the model to hustle.

I think the best thing a tipper can do is just to slow down the tips and provide a non-verbal cue to the other members that the freeloading gravy train is running out and hope they get the message before the model does.

I also have to wonder if pm'ing the other tippers may put the nail in the casket of some countdowns as well. I could see some members knowing that 1/3rd of the tips are drying up would cause them to tip less as well, believing that "now the countdown will go unfinished for sure, if it's just me and one other tipper left!". I can see why you might want to do this if you are really good friends with the other tippers and want to spare them tokens on what you presume is an unfinished countdown, but I can't see it helping the model in most cases.

hapa74 said:
I will say though, that a model who goes out of their way (on a day where I may have been one of only a few people to tip) to tell me in PM (or wherever) that they appreciate my tipping/supporting makes an amazing difference in me not feeling frustrated on days like that. I guess it's just the little extra "Hey, what you did, didn't go unnoticed" can be a special thing.
So much this, it's one of the nicest things to hear as a member. To be told that you aren't unnoticed in a list of regular visitors to a models chat but also that you are actually appreciated and help cheer a model up. I'm glad you mentioned that beceause itmodels know how great that makes members feel.

Miss_Lollipop said:

You know what's weird? That this actually bothers me sometimes. Not always, but I think when someone comes in after a show has been going for a while, and I (and others) have tipped, then a member who has no idea how the show has been going decides suddenly to be a cheerleader, it bugs me.

*psst* I promise I'm not always a Grumpy McGrumperpants, but I have my "Old MFC Guy" moments :p

hapa74 said:
Not always, but I think when someone comes in after a show has been going for a while, and I (and others) have tipped, then a member who has no idea how the show has been going decides suddenly to be a cheerleader, it bugs me.

You bring something to mind.

There is a CB model named ciocolatata. I love her legs, and she spends most of her time sitting there with them crossed, which drives me nuts. I perv as guest a lot, but other times log in and tip. But something I have noticed...

4, maybe 5 times now I have seen greys come in and ask to be mod. They have no tokens, they give her nothing, but she lets them mod. I do not know why. As soon as they are mod, they start with gifs begging for tips, even when there are nothing but greys in the room. There have been times she has done this when I was tipping, and I say f*ck it and leave. It is an insult.

I agree with Lolli that some gentle (or subtle) encouragement can go a LONG way. I've had regulars successfully get people to help by offering to match tips or saying, "If we can get the countdown to XXXX, I'll finish it off!" And the guys tend to tip since they know a show is guaranteed. Another great way is when they tip for the amount of a song request/video/etc, and say, "The first person to tip X amount (much smaller than the item) gets it!"

I have a few regs who are amazing when it comes to gentle encouragement. Personally, I'm the worst at advertising my products/raffles/myself, and I despise asking for tips in any form, so my regs jump in. Whenever it's feasible and fits in the context, they'll say, "Speaking of XYZ, don't you have a video of that?!" And I'll respond with a synopsis of the video with the price. They usually can get people to participate just by making a smooth transition into the advertisement.

hapa74 said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

You know what's weird? That this actually bothers me sometimes. Not always, but I think when someone comes in after a show has been going for a while, and I (and others) have tipped, then a member who has no idea how the show has been going decides suddenly to be a cheerleader, it bugs me.

*psst* I promise I'm not always a Grumpy McGrumperpants, but I have my "Old MFC Guy" moments :p

I agree - if you've just entered the room and dont know whats been going on its rude and can potentially step on toes

HiGirlsRHot said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

I don't really think you need to communicate it to the model in most cases.

If you want to tell the room - effectively i've seen guys put their last 6 or 10 tokens into a tip with a visable tip note that says "Here's the last of my tokies! Hopefully we can get to this goal - the show sounds awesome" or something like that...

I PERSONALLY don't have an issue with that being posted in chat..either. "ive tipped all i can tonight guys! This show should be great so hopefully the rest of the room can help too?" But i imagine that depends on the model.

It doesn't bother me, because half of the time it's funny. It can suck for a room dynamic though in some cases.

Reactions: dilligaf0
I don't usually run into this on private-based sites, but on token-based sites, I really don't like anyone but me even mentioning tipping, unless they're enquiring how much for something. It drags down the feeling of my room and never encourages tipping. In my experience, even the encouraging methods tend to make my viewers less likely to tip.

I've put a few tippers on ignore because they'd tell every beggar "tip, username" when they ask for a flash or something. Nono, that's not how we do it in my room, friends. When beggars demand stuff, I smile big and use my super-happy customer service voice to tell them, "I will gladly (request) for (amount specified in topic for that action)". There is no need for anyone to tell anyone else to tip. I've told these guys a few times to stop it, but they didn't, so ignore time. It just makes you look like a douche.

I also don't appreciate members whining to other guys about needing to tip if the token flow is slow. Shushy face. I use automatic goal renew for countdowns on CB, and do a flash, spank, or other fun thing at each goal of 25. I usually have planned ones that I'll do if the tipper doesn't specify what they wanna see. If I feel that the tokens need to get flowing, I start talking up the next activity: "Hey, guys, at the next goal, I'm going to suck my nipples/show you my butthole/spank my pussy, who wants to see it? Let's make it happen, I know you wanna see (activity)!" Again, there is no need for a member to tell anyone else to tip.

If a tipper tells other people to tip, I'll tell them on a couple different days not to because it brings the room down and doesn't work. If they continue to do it after being asked not to (in customer service voice with smile!), then they get put on ignore because tipping me doesn't mean that you get to talk shit to the rest of my viewers, and you're obviously not going to learn. If a non-tipper does it, I just explain why it's not OK, then temporary ban. If they come back and do it again, ignore and longer ban. If someone who tipped me isn't allowed to shit on my viewers, someone who's paid me sure as hell isn't.

Reactions: ThePioneer
Status
Not open for further replies.