AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members join and leave?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avaknoxx

Inactive Cam Model
Feb 1, 2016
Canada
Twitter Username
@avaknoxx
Chaturbate Username
avaknoxx
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are new on charitable. We're wondering why tons of people join and leave within seconds. Does anyone else have this problem? How do we get people to stay in our room? We talk to everyone yet nobody really responds that often. Are we doing something wrong?

They are most likely scanning your chat, and taking at better look at you.... they are just searching for the right room, you are not doing anything wrong.
I would check that lighting and video feed is up to or better than the standard of others on your site.
I would try to keep chat open to others and interesting when the right people arrive to enjoy you.

Reactions: Always_Tim
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are new on charitable. We're wondering why tons of people join and leave within seconds. Does anyone else have this problem? How do we get people to stay in our room? We talk to everyone yet nobody really responds that often. Are we doing something wrong?

This is normal for any cam girl who broadcasts in a public chat setting. A lot of members go room-hopping until they find a room they wish to stay in. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong, so don't take it personally. Members have a lot of options placed in front of them. It's kind of like when a kid walks into a Toys R Us store. There's tons of awesome stuff to choose from. Hey, there's Transformers! Oh, and there's Skylanders! Ooh, look! There's the Nintendo Wii-U section!

Hi everyone,

Be careful with talking to everybody showing up in your room straightaway. When I check different rooms I hate if I get forced into a conversation, I leave really straightaway.....Better give people some time or at least don't address them personally, wait until they start chatting with you.....
:)

Be careful with talking to everybody showing up in your room straightaway. When I check different rooms I hate if I get forced into a conversation, I leave really straightaway.....Better give people some time or at least don't address them personally, wait until they start chatting with you.....
:)

This is very important to keep in mind! I smile and say hi when someone comes in my room, and leave it up to them to initiate a conversation or join an ongoing one. Lots of members on camsites have social anxiety, so they want to take a few minutes to familiarize themselves with the room before they start talking.

• Wat?!
Reactions: BooyaaS
I don't say hi to anyone unless they say hi to me first. As someone who was a cam site perv prior to camming I HATED that. It made me feel put on the spot and I would immediately leave.

When I see someone pop in I smile...and wait for them to initiate. It works very well for me.

I don't say hi to anyone unless they say hi to me first. As someone who was a cam site perv prior to camming I HATED that. It made me feel put on the spot and I would immediately leave.

When I see someone pop in I smile...and wait for them to initiate. It works very well for me.

Do you mean more of a "hi, (name)", or is just a general hi/hey that could be directed at anyone too much, too?

I usually wait for them to initiate but sometimes, if someone's been lurking for a WHILE I'll just smile and say hi, but nothing else. I don't want to pressure anyone who feels uncomfortable into thinking they HAVE to talk.

Back on topic: Avaknoxx is probably not doing anything "wrong." Lots of guests window-shop for a while until they find just their cup of tea. Don't take it personally!

Thanks for all the replies, we never really thought about the fact that people may be put off if you say hi right away. We were greeting a lot of people as soon as they came in.

I have tried it both ways because I hate being put on the spot as well but I have much more success when I say hi and address them personally. They will either leave or say hi back & then I have them engaged in chat. I don't think I'm too scary and a lot of members aren't as socially awkward as me. Some talk for a while and leave while others have become loyal members. When people walk into a store, the person behind the counter doesn't just ignore them so that's how I look at it. I'd hate to think someone doesn't like my room because I said hi to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.