AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members "perving and creeping" VS "freeloading":

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACFFAN69

V.I.P. AmberLander
Aug 19, 2014
Twitter Username
@ACFFAN69
MFC Username
Belial_D
I nearly thread hijacked a different thread, but it came to my attention early that it would be better as its own thread, so here we go:

Ann_Sulu said:
Yeah there's not a lot more annoying than members claiming they're offline then mentioning something they saw when they were supposedly not there or something. Some members say they feel it's creepy to show up on a member account every day, but I say it's not. If your're a guy who shows up everyday, because he either he's bored, horny or working on something and needs background noise, that's totally normal. To me it's creepy when a guy pretends not to be there (and build a story around it to the model). I get the whole voyeur thing I guess, but to me the internet (when it's not like I know you offline anyway) is already pretty voyeur on it's own lol.
I've perv'ed as guest when I was out of tokens and incredibly bored, feeling anti-social and not wanting to talk to anyone, or just when I just wanted to jerk off and log out without any hassle. I didn't even consider it to be remotely creepy until reading this post.

My thought process is the following: "if I can't pay for the models time, then I shouldn't be logged in talking to her and taking up her time.". Now I could just log in and stay silent but I've seen models get very insulted when a well tipping, generally talkative member sits in chat and doesn't say a word, let alone say "hi". The obvious solution is silent guest perving!

I've also considered that it doesn't look good when a usually well-tipping member is not tipping. It gives members the feeling that they can slack off their tips and it will be fine. Models get upset when a member comes in and says "I can't tip you today!" because her responding gives other members the idea that it is okay to not tip. Isn't there an implied statement that is exactly the same when a usually well tipping member comes in and doesn't tip. Even worse, what does it say if he gets the same attention he normally gets when he tips? I've seen this exact scenario in practice a few times when I've tried to "hang out" with the model with less tips then normal (never hanging out and not tipping mind you). Was my presence causing the slow nights when I've tried doing it? I can't say for sure, but I doubt they helped her night.

I suppose on re-reading your post, it's more that you consider it creepy when a member goes out of his way and outright lies about not being there. That definitely enters the creepy realm in my books.

I'm curious about models opinions on this. My primary objective for my favourite models are maximizing their profits while also maximizing my enjoyment of their performance. It seems like "perving and creeping" over "freeloading" is the best compromise for this.

I have no idea why people overthink this here so much.
MFC is supposed to be fun, if you like a model and enjoy her company tip her when/if you can, that's really all there is to it. When people get THIS complicated about their MFC habits it starts to sound like a second job, IMO. :?

It just boils down to having manners and common sense.
If you wanna guest perv on your favorite model instead of logging in and chatting/tipping, then do it. Just don't bombard her with messages about what she's doing/saying while you're pretending not to be there.
If you can't tip that day, don't. No reasonable model expects anyone to tip her every single day.
Unless you're being a monumental dickcheese, other members not tipping is not your problem.

I don't think it's creepy, and if you're feeling anti-social, I think guesting is better than sitting silent on your premium account. When usually chatty members are being quiet, it makes me wonder what's up (but nothing major, sometimes people are paying attention to other things and that makes sense).

But if a usual tipper can't tip (or doesn't want to), I'd still much rather have them chatting than not have them! Sometimes I think members underestimate the amount of value you're adding just by keeping the room active, especially in smaller rooms where there aren't a lot of chatters. Your chatting is appreciated and important, too! So personally I am always excited to see my friends whether they're tipping or not.

As for other members noticing, I don't think that's a big deal, I've never noticed it anyway. If they see a model paying extra attention to you even when you're not tipping, if anything that just shows the model cares about more than just your tokens.

But if you feel like guesting, guest! I just don't think members should feel they can't hang out just because they're not tipping. If you want you can always PM the model and say "hey I'm out of tokens but I wanted to hang out!" I don't think it's necessary, though!

GenXoxo said:
But if you feel like guesting, guest! I just don't think members should feel they can't hang out just because they're not tipping. If you want you can always PM the model and say "hey I'm out of tokens but I wanted to hang out!" I don't think it's necessary, though!

That's what I've done in the past (ninja tipped a small amount with a note saying "I can't tip as much as usual today, but not because I don't appreciate the performance any less", but I feel like saying that screams narcissism and neediness. I feel like the model probably doesn't care enough for it to even need a PM or ninja tip. If anything it just adds negativity to the environment.

I just find it humorous though that the main reason it's a faux pas to say publicly "I can't tip" is because it tells members that they shouldn't feel they have too, but not tipping implies the exact same thing anyways. I suppose it makes a bigger deal when put into actual words though.

I have a couple of opinions! YAY!

1. If a member can't tip one day, no biggie! If I like them, I like them so I hope they will still hang out and chat if they feel up to it. Just avoid the things that everyone hates, like being overly complimentary and applauding shows without a tip... it just sets a bad example to the whole room that it's acceptable behavior. 99% of the room wont know that you are a regular tipper so they will just see that compliments are being accepted as a form of appreciation for a performance. That's all pretty basic though and I doubt any member I consider a friend would actually do this minus a time or two.

2. If you are just feeling very antisocial but still want to watch a room you are normally super active and chatty in, I would prefer guest mode for sure! Personally it's kind of off putting when I see a name in my room I know well just sit there silently for hours... without even an initial hello. I start wondering if I'm doing something wrong... if I should call them out and say hi or if that would be rude. I'm not going to be offended one bit if you chose to guest one day because you were in a mood, I get like that often. I also do not mind a "Hi! I just wanted to say hey but I'm feeling antisocial today so I'll just be lurkin'" <-- that has never once bothered me coming from a regular tipper.

NoelleBright said:
I have no idea why people overthink this here so much.
MFC is supposed to be fun, if you like a model and enjoy her company tip her when/if you can, that's really all there is to it. When people get THIS complicated about their MFC habits it starts to sound like a second job, IMO. :?

It just boils down to having manners and common sense.
If you wanna guest perv on your favorite model instead of logging in and chatting/tipping, then do it. Just don't bombard her with messages about what she's doing/saying while you're pretending not to be there.
If you can't tip that day, don't. No reasonable model expects anyone to tip her every single day.
Unless you're being a monumental dickcheese, other members not tipping is not your problem.

I feel pretty much the same way as ACF fan. I certainly overthink this at times, and forgot this is suppose to be fun.. So guilty as charged. On the other hand, I am not sure that models understand how much regulars talk among themselves to try and figure out how the countdown is going to get done.

If I'm not paying attention to MFC, I'll often be on as guest account, and only check in periodically or when I hear a scream. When I do decide to watch MFC I'll log on, unless I don't have tokens.
Let say there are 5 high tipping regulars, 10 talkers, who seldom tip more than 10 tokens, and 20 premium who I have no clue about. Joe and Bill announce they are leaving soon/don't have tokens. If I log in not only am I giving false hope to the model, woot this countdown might get down after all, but I am also signaling to the 3 high tipping regulars,and low tipping regulars, oh good maybe I don't have to be a hero today, HiGirls will help out. I know that if I am low tipping regular in a room and I see her whale entering, I am far less likely to consider being the hero for the day.
So while I hear the comments, about we love talkers if the tradeoff means it may discourage others to tip, how many tokens is my talking worth?

Also by no means are all models particular rational about. If a model sees/hears about you tipping another model and you are in her room not tipping, you can get the ban hammer. Or even more common if there are several of us with high rewards/token/know high tippers and not tipping, we can trigger the on cam rant about not tipping.

Obviously this something lots of guys think about, otherwise many/most? high tipping regulars wouldn't have multiple premium accounts.

Just throwing it out there that if you're in a low camscore model's room (someone who has trouble getting people in her room) and are feeling like not talking or you can't tip etc, I would still suggest that you come in under your premium name. It'll help her get more premiums in her room just by you being there :)

You've reminded me of something sweet one of my tippers did at the beginning of this month. He'd told me that he'd used up February's token budget in advance in my push for the top #50. When my room was full of my usual guys and girls, he put in a little tip note that he wasn't going to be able to do as much this month, and that they'd better defend my rank until he could join in again. It may not sound like a huge thing, but the timing, wording and the positive effect it had on my members was really lovely. :) Other members started tipping on his behalf ('For *Memberrrr*!!!!' etc) and the vibe was just really nice.

This is a great topic and something I had wondered about for ages but thought I was the only weirdo who would even think about stuff like this maybe im not so weird after all :-D .

Anyways on days I have no tokens, I feel bad to talk knowing I have no intention of tipping like Im wasting the time that could be spent talking to people who can actually tip and I dont like sitting there with my name showing up and just lurking so I always log on as a guest.

One of the few things I don't over think is how I spend my time at camsites. Log on, have fun, log off. I don't go to camsites if I don't plan on spending because that sounds boring and a strange form of torture to me. Thousands of women from around the world willing to get naked for money and having no money sounds awful, wouldn't be able to enjoy myself if I wasn't spending on something. I don't do the guest thing. Granted I'm only at camsites maybe once or twice a month but I've never had a need to guest. Lurking and not talking isn't much fun for me, I need attention and nudity and have no problem paying for it. My camsite routine hasn't changed in years. Spend about 20 minutes roaming public chats quietly and then find a model to pvt with, talk way too much, have some fun and then leave. Might sound boring or kinda robotic but it's just what I enjoy.

Ha! I actually JUST Tweeted about this this morning! So I'm just gonna copy/paste (cause I'm lazy). One of my regulars spawned the idea by posting a great Tweet previously. So...

RT: @BouncingTigr "I've noticed that regulars can really make a room. There are some very pretty models who seem nice, but any idiot screws it up without backup."

^THIS^ is why I am devastated whenever a major reg isn't around as often. It's just not as fun anymore. If you are a regular in a model's room, it's probably because she enjoys chatting with you. You help make her room fun and inviting. So often we (models) hear "I can't tip right now, so I feel awkward hanging out." NO. We understand that you can't tip all day, every day. But you CAN chat when you're online. And chatting does benefit her... it makes her room seem more like "the place to be" so you're helping other people feel like hanging out. And hopefully those other people will want to stay, chat, and eventually tip.

So don't think of it as awkward to chat when you can't tip. Because you're still helping your model (mentally AND financially). Tip when you're able, of course, but talk when you can, as well. Your favorite models will thank you for it.

Generally I don't find it too much problem, lurking, compared to visiting without tipping. It doesn't spare the frustration of wanting to visit and spend freely on all those amazing women you have on your friends list. I will list where I do and why, will leave it for others to decide on how creepy or perverted it seems.

I don't use multiple accounts or anything like that (Have had other accounts, but not for lurking. One I was thinking to use for starting over, the others I have done for models to play with). For me to do so would be concerning, in a number of ways.

The guest feature is great to peek into the conversation going on in a room without drawing premium attention. Rooms where I am unwelcome or distracting right now can also be viewed safely.

Lounges are so useful to spy on a models' video feed, usually just to catch her mood. You will show as online, but not in her room, you wont cause the model any undue distraction, so is a good place to decide whether to visit her or not. (Also good for surprise tipping/ tipnotes)

I like the Private Message feature to explore, look for new models. I also use it when being in the room restricts others from spending on a model, i.e. being a solo tipper and ran out of tokens.
Another useful thing is to use it for multiple rooms/ couples shows rather than be in both rooms. Lurk in one, chat in the other.

I use the gallery regularly. Can give a good esimate of regular private shows a friend has been doing, and how many each shift. The gallery is also a way to explore a bit, can flag a potentially bad pvt experience. This is the one thing higher reward points does offer, so why not take advantage. Gallery use is a bit creepy, a bit like using a delayed spy feature.

Spy feature I use out of curiosity or for a quick thrill. Rare that I am so unsure or need to view someone pvt that badly.

Perving for free I do on occassion, but hate myself in the morning. An old pvt show usually is a better choice. In the end I usually make up for my perve session on a future visit anyway.

My guesting usually involves a quick scan of homepage each day to see who is on. I may click on a room to see how someone looks in action but usually the menu bar and preview is enough. I then log on and wait for any hellos, about the extent to my lurking most days. When I am in a room, sometimes I am silent, might not even say anything other than hello, usually this means the conversation is not something I can be involved in.

I freeload in that I can talk too much, without letting a model work.

Many models don't seem to mind even an irregular spender like myself hanging around, in my experience members do overthink this stuff. Most models just seem to enjoy knowing their members are there, that feeling of security, that all is going well. The comments here seem to confirm this.
Models need to understand just how bad it can feel not being able to support and enjoy you, so sometimes we step out of your room. I suspect many regulars are curious about what you are like without them there too, is a bit creepy but so are most men.

HiGirlsRHot said:
I feel pretty much the same way as ACF fan. I certainly overthink this at times, and forgot this is suppose to be fun.. So guilty as charged. On the other hand, I am not sure that models understand how much regulars talk among themselves to try and figure out how the countdown is going to get done.

If I'm not paying attention to MFC, I'll often be on as guest account, and only check in periodically or when I hear a scream. When I do decide to watch MFC I'll log on, unless I don't have tokens.
Let say there are 5 high tipping regulars, 10 talkers, who seldom tip more than 10 tokens, and 20 premium who I have no clue about. Joe and Bill announce they are leaving soon/don't have tokens. If I log in not only am I giving false hope to the model, woot this countdown might get down after all, but I am also signaling to the 3 high tipping regulars,and low tipping regulars, oh good maybe I don't have to be a hero today, HiGirls will help out. I know that if I am low tipping regular in a room and I see her whale entering, I am far less likely to consider being the hero for the day.
So while I hear the comments, about we love talkers if the tradeoff means it may discourage others to tip, how many tokens is my talking worth?...

...Obviously this something lots of guys think about, otherwise many/most? high tipping regulars wouldn't have multiple premium accounts.

I appreciate that Hi posted this, I've had a hard time articulating what goes on in my brain sometimes. It may not be a popular opinion but, for me at least, it's a reality. These kind of things definitely run through my mind. I do over think things a lot, especially since I jumped from frequenting Streamate over to MFC. Being that the "culture" of the sites are just so incredibly different, I think that the way MFC is set up, developing a core fan base, and fostering members that are invested (not necessarily only monetarily) in the models, that this kind of thought process is inevitable in at least some regular members.

PunkInDrublic said:
One of the few things I don't over think is how I spend my time at camsites. Log on, have fun, log off. I don't go to camsites if I don't plan on spending because that sounds boring and a strange form of torture to me. Thousands of women from around the world willing to get naked for money and having no money sounds awful, wouldn't be able to enjoy myself if I wasn't spending on something. I don't do the guest thing. Granted I'm only at camsites maybe once or twice a month but I've never had a need to guest. Lurking and not talking isn't much fun for me, I need attention and nudity and have no problem paying for it. My camsite routine hasn't changed in years. Spend about 20 minutes roaming public chats quietly and then find a model to pvt with, talk way too much, have some fun and then leave. Might sound boring or kinda robotic but it's just what I enjoy.

I don't think this is "robotic" at all, I think it's a great way to watch cams, if that's what brings you the most joy out of it :)

HiGirlsAreHot said:
On the other hand, I am not sure that models understand how much regulars talk among themselves to try and figure out how the countdown is going to get done.

This is something I never knew about so I think you're right :lol:

Wow.. so many thoughts. This topic is awesome and I think it hits the nerve for a lot regular and long time members. Really great you girls give a peace of your mind here. And yes, I choose the guesting too, not to annoy any of my favorite models when I am online and not in the mood to chat or tip. We all have these days. So I think it is nothing big nor wrong to stay invisible in the silent corner

Reactions: ACFFAN69
I just want to thank everyone for posting their thoughts on this. I honestly thought I was going to be put on blast and be outed as a crazy person for voicing some of my thoughts on tipping habits. It feels really nice to be re-assured that I'm not crazy. Or if I am, at least I'm not alone and in good company. I really can't thank you guys enough.

HiGirlsRHot said:

So while I hear the comments, about we love talkers if the tradeoff means it may discourage others to tip, how many tokens is my talking worth?

Also by no means are all models particular rational about. If a model sees/hears about you tipping another model and you are in her room not tipping, you can get the ban hammer. Or even more common if there are several of us with high rewards/token/know high tippers and not tipping, we can trigger the on cam rant about not tipping.

Obviously this something lots of guys think about, otherwise many/most? high tipping regulars wouldn't have multiple premium accounts.
To put this into perspective for models, just like you notice and get excited when one of your high tipping regulars joins the chat, so do members. I'm assuming for models this may even be as much a sense of relief that you aren't going to putting yourself out there risking embarrassment with no appreciation from your viewers just as much as re-assurance that the night won't be wasted monetarily (if not more so). For members seeing another good tipper join the room, there comes a sense of relief that countdowns are assured to be completed now and that no tokens toward them will be wasted, that the load will be much better shared by all, as well that it probably is going to be an entertaining night for members and model alike. I think the feelings are somewhat similar.

Members spend hours in your room and we aren't unobservant. We notice many of the same things models do, and conditioned in a Pavlovian manner the same way you are from the same stimuli albeit with different rewards.

I've worked out countdown ratios before through PM's with members, although this is a rarity in my experience. But even if it's not outright discussed, an unspoken ratio of tipping almost always becomes apparent. We also can tell when regular tippers are tipping in an irregular fashion just as well as you models can, and in my experience, depending on how little the tipper is tipping it can have an even more demoralizing effect then if the tipper was not there in the first place. Of course this may be greatly offset by a models mood from the regulars presence.

As HiGirlsRHot so aptly points out, one has to ask themselves: "how many tokens is my talking worth". This question lingers above and beyond the not so fun feeling of freeloading. I completely agree with those that voiced their opinion that it is over-thinking things and the best thing to do is above all else just enjoy it. Still, one can enjoy it almost as much as a guest without feeling guilty!

Alice_Biscuit said:
You've reminded me of something sweet one of my tippers did at the beginning of this month. He'd told me that he'd used up February's token budget in advance in my push for the top #50.
Since I'm running on almost no sleep and the little fumes left of an oxytocin filled evening I'll admit something embarrassing: That totally was me last month.

Like most people (I assume) I have an entertainment budget for each paycheck and fallback money in the checking account in case things go poorly above and beyond regular savings and RSP's. Camland managed to be so exhilarating and the excitement of seeing someone you like and appreciate succeeding was so great, that it made me dip alittle into that fallback money, and had to cut back my viewing a little to pay it back.

Even in the worst throes of painkiller addiction where I would be bedridden for days, drenched in cold metallic bitter smelling sweats, dry heaving and outright vomitting if I attempted to get up. Knowing that the sickness would all go away in minutes if I just called a friend and bought a few more. Even through that, I never dipped into the fallback money.

Ambers Troll said:
Models need to understand just how bad it can feel not being able to support and enjoy you, so sometimes we step out of your room. I suspect many regulars are curious about what you are like without them there too, is a bit creepy but so are most men.

I agree with the first statement. I'm puzzled by the second one. I would just assume that she's pretty much the same without me minus any typical banter that involves me. It's not like I'm her boyfriend or anything. I like that my presence is appreciated, but I don't think any room would be way different without me. Also, I am not a creep. I am a grouchy, anti-social weirdo who nevertheless respects boundaries.

ACFFAN69 said:
For members seeing another good tipper join the room, there comes a sense of relief that countdowns are assured to be completed now and that no tokens toward them will be wasted, that the load will be much better shared by all, as well that it probably is going to be an entertaining night for members and model alike.

I agree, of course, that the shared load is a wonderful thing, but I never feel that I've wasted tokens on a countdown since they're always given by me freely and in appreciation of the model :) . I do over think things a lot, but maybe not in that regard.

(and I suck a ratios, so there's that too)

UniCornX said:
Wow.. so many thoughts. This topic is awesome and I think it hits the nerve for a lot regular and long time members. Really great you girls give a peace of your mind here. And yes, I choose the guesting too, not to annoy any of my favorite models when I am online and not in the mood to chat or tip. We all have these days. So I think it is nothing big nor wrong to stay invisible in the silent corner

As a model, there is a certain feeling of comfort I get when I know my regulars are there. I am inclined to agree that you should absolutely feel free to watch as a guest if you don't want to chat or can't tip. However, I personally would prefer if a regular logs in under his premium account first in order to quickly PM me to let me know that he'll be watching as guest. And maybe in the public chat say something like "just stopping by to say hi, but I'm logging off for the day". That way, it solves the problem of getting the hopes up of other regulars, and still lets me know that I'm being supported by the presence of a loyal fan. If you're a regular in my chat room, chances are that I have developed an image of you as more than just a token wallet. I appreciate the familiarity.

I created a basic account specifically for those times I don't feel like chatting. I can hang out in my model friends' room(s) without feeling obligated to contribute to the chat, because they always have basics muted anyways.

Reactions: Sevrin
ComicOzzie said:
I created a basic account specifically for those times I don't feel like chatting. I can hang out in my model friends' room(s) without feeling obligated to contribute to the chat, because they always have basics muted anyways.

This is interesting to me because in my room the past few days we have been discussing the idea of free public chat and why MFC is so successful. I never thought of a premium actually creating a basic account to chat. One of my biggest pet peeves are my loyal basic followers. I am not sure why this makes me so mad so I decided to spend some time talking to guests and basics, even had some that called into my radio blog @justaskbbLIVE.
Some fun things happened this week while analyzing the evolution of guests and basics to hopefully premium members and then what happens after that.

I opened my room up to allow guests and basics to chat and I quietly banned all the A-holiolioes and keep moving on with chat. This allowed me to spend time talking to a guest that was a premium member hiding in guest mode. He eventually logged in to tip and say hi which was really cool (most guests say they are a big tipping premium members are lying).

A long time basic member found the conversation very interesting and after 3hrs of it decided to be a BOSS and go premium. It is always the best feeling when that happens, to me at least.
Is a premium member with 50 rewards points that has been premium for over 1yr is really no better or worse than a guest and basic lurker?

At the end of all of this what I decided is that it doesn't matter to me...all viewers in my room are there to be entertained. My job(if I want to make a living) is to entice people in my room to stay, enjoy themselves and tip. If I don't get so wrapped up in being pissed off at people who literally watch my show for free EVERY day and instead look at them as a potential fans/tippers, I will be more successful.

Guests, basics and non tipping premiums are a challenge to me and so what I really need to focus on are figuring out what makes anyone decided to pull out the plastic, buy tokens and tip me. This is where my analysis has evolved and I am hoping to get some answers soon.

As it is now I can not for the life of me figure out this game that is MFC. I watch and tip when I can a LOT of models and to be honest there are plenty top 100 models that boggle my mind with the way they get tips when they don't really seem to earn them. I say more power to them...way to go...keep it up cuz its working...that kind of thing.

I watch and listen as currently successful models give advice to struggling models to just worok hard and be creative but that kind of answer, to me is almost rude and cums off as pretentious. There are a lot of models that work their arses OFF and are very creative but can't hit goals on cam and will never even cum close to the top 100. I was a successful model once(13months in top 100) and now I am not so successful(can't even hit top 1000). I'm working harder now than I ever did then, cumming up with creative ideas and trying to pull them off. The big difference for me is that when I was successful I was doing public shows(before every other model was doing it so the market was not over saturated) so I always had BIG room counts. Those people did not all tip, in fact it was probably less than 5% that were tipping. But, even though they were not tipping me at that time...I was able to entertain them which encouraged them to tip in the future.

So in summary(sorry for the rambling but this shit keeps me up at night, no joke)! Every single person in our chat room has potential to contribute in some way and its my job to make them want to contribute. I am not ever gonna be able to teach ever basic/guest/premium non-tipper that its more than rude to enjoy a show and not contribute a penny. I can't even image why people think its ok, they wouldn't do it in any other facet of their lives. If you go to a movie theater and sneak around to watch lots of movies without paying, you could get caught and even arrested. Its kinda like stealing. Anyway, I'll continue to work on guests/basics and premiums as a group enticing the people who have the means to tip to contribute, encourage people to go premium and teach manners to the effers who just can't figure it out.

Thank you for the rant, that was theraputic!
xoxo
Scarlet

ScarletRaven said:
I can't even image why people think its ok, they wouldn't do it in any other facet of their lives. If you go to a movie theater and sneak around to watch lots of movies without paying, you could get caught and even arrested. Its kinda like stealing. Anyway, I'll continue to work on guests/basics and premiums as a group enticing the people who have the means to tip to contribute, encourage people to go premium and teach manners to the effers who just can't figure it out.

On the internet, people get all sorts of things for free, including some things that they are actually supposed to pay for (like music and movies). While I do understand it's frustrating seeing all those people who don't tip, it seems clear to me why they think it's okay: MFC flat out tells them it's free. Yes, anyone who has been around the site for very long knows that the models earn their money through tips and that they aren't the ones who said it was free, but the fact remains, it is advertised that way -- the "free" part is, I'm sure, how they get a lot of the traffic in the door in the first place. To some people, that's enough reason to keep treating it as free, and others may not want/be able to buy tokens and figure it doesn't do any harm if they just lurk in free mode (and it really doesn't unless a model lets it bother her).

Similarly to how the music industry tends to estimate how much they lose from illegal downloads by just multiplying the total downloads by the price when most of the people who get it for free wouldn't have bough very much of that music if it had cost them money, you're not really losing much by having people lurk as guests or basics because most of them never would have been paying customers in the first place. Sure you get an occasional one who likes it enough to take the plunge, but that's only a small fraction of the people who watch for free.

I think I've said this somewhere before, but anyway, while it's great if you can convert an occasional guest or basic to a paying member, I think your energies are best focused on the premiums, who you know were willing to spend some money on the site at least once.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
ScarletRaven said:
I think I've said this somewhere before, but anyway, while it's great if you can convert an occasional guest or basic to a paying member, I think your energies are best focused on the premiums, who you know were willing to spend some money on the site at least once.

This is very true. As much as I would like to keep chat open to guests and basics, putting up with the amount of rudeness that comes out is honestly not worth it. And it's not just me that has to deal with the rude behavior, it's everyone else in the room, and enough of it creates a bad vibe. Usually I'm great at brushing it off, the room? Not always.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Status
Not open for further replies.