AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Meta Quest 3 and stripchat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Agi

Nov 22, 2023
Europe
Hello, I have a question. I'm new here and apologize if I make a mistake while posting. I bought VR glasses (meta quest 3) and can't connect to stripchat. SC support couldn't help me. Does anyone already have experience with Quest 3 and Stripchat? I am very grateful for any help

Hello, I have a question. I'm new here and apologize if I make a mistake while posting. I bought VR glasses (meta quest 3) and can't connect to stripchat. SC support couldn't help me. Does anyone already have experience with Quest 3 and Stripchat? I am very grateful for any help

My quest 3 is going to arrive in the next 3 days, are you just saying you cant open stripchat website with the VR browser or what? Ive never actually tried it but if you tell me exactly what steps to do ill do it as soon as it arrives.

Thank you very much cbhours. I didn‘t realize that I have to use the vr browser. Everything works fine now. It‘s an amazing experience.

Reactions: Ozzie_
I have the Quest 2. It worked right out of the box.

What is the issue you are having?

Hi Ozzie, thank you for asking. Problem solved now. I am still experimenting how to navigate in VR. The Quest 3 is a nice toy, I can recommend it to everyone who is interested in VR. And it has an affordable price

I am absolutely shocked that a Facebook toy allows access via any means to an adult site.

I guess in that regard it is no different to any other piece of hardware that can access the worldwide web.
Do you not have to use a FB account to access apps/etc on there?

We have one but I've not experimented with it (we have the original VR headsets not associated with FB that we've spent more time with.)

Do you not have to use a FB account to access apps/etc on there?

We have one but I've not experimented with it (we have the original VR headsets not associated with FB that we've spent more time with.)
Yes you do need some sort of FB or meta a/c to Sign up / activate the device if I recall correctly.

From their website:

"Since we launched Meta accounts on Meta Quest in August 2022: You won't be required to use Facebook to log into Meta VR products. If you're new to VR, you'll create a Meta account as part of the setup process."

I see it as a similar vein to how for an android phone you have to have a google a/c to activate it.

I see it as a similar vein to how for an android phone you have to have a google a/c to activate it.
Yeah, but also then you have to use a particular app store to add stuff to it, right?

Yeah, but also then you have to use a particular app store to add stuff to it, right?
I think that again it is like the android phone universe where there is the equivalent of an app store but it is possible, and easy, to "side load" (probably not a 100% accurate term) apps that are not available that way.

To be truthful I don't do much more than browse SC with mine. I tried some vehicular type games and also a version of Doom (or maybe it was the old Wolfenstein) and suffered badly with motion sickness!! (something I do NOT get in real life.) Or other documentary type apps like the one that showed Angel Falls in Venezuela, but it was like sitting in a lawn chair suspended 100s of metres in the air (not so good for my fear of heights!).

So I figure cam rooms are safer as long as the model doesn't violently move the VR camera. This is an uncommon occurrence, as a surprising number of VR models seem to be blissfully unaware of the VR camera's actual existence, but when it does happen, it's like being flung around the room by your face :rofl:

Reactions: AmberCutie and Agi
I never had a facebook account. For the Quest you have to creat an meta account (as Ozzie already said). But you can do that anonymously, so that meta cannot collect data.

I have a question about the Meta Quest and stripchat. In VR I can not see the list of users in a room. Is that normal or do I have to change something in the settings?
@Charlie_SC , @Ozzie_

A second question I have is whether anyone has managed to install a VPN such as protonvpn via side load.
@KingMarti

I have a question about the Meta Quest and stripchat. In VR I can not see the list of users in a room. Is that normal or do I have to change something in the settings?
@Charlie_SC , @Ozzie_
No, we cannot see a user list. There are a number of Interface features that are available in 2D that are not available in VR. Like all aspects of the site, SC is always improving the VR experience, but it is not a fast process.

e.g. It is only very recently that VR users have been able to see and activate the wheel of fortune roulette wheel (and see the result in the chat screen).

Reactions: Agi
No, we cannot see a user list. There are a number of Interface features that are available in 2D that are not available in VR. Like all aspects of the site, SC is always improving the VR experience, but it is not a fast process.

e.g. It is only very recently that VR users have been able to see and activate the wheel of fortune roulette wheel (and see the result in the chat screen).
For me, knowing who else is in a room is one of the most important things. In that sense, that's a big deficit in VR. I think it's really great how stripchat is innovating and continually making improvements to the site. I hope they tackle the missing user list in VR soon too. That would be great. @Charlie_SC

For me, knowing who else is in a room is one of the most important things. In that sense, that's a big deficit in VR. I think it's really great how stripchat is innovating and continually making improvements to the site. I hope they tackle the missing user list in VR soon too. That would be great. @Charlie_SC
Everyone is different I guess. 👍 I personally don't give a rat's rear end who else is in a room. The model is the *attraction*
:)

And I try very hard not to let other users drive me away from a fun and / or sexy model.

Everyone is different I guess. 👍 I personally don't give a rat's rear end who else is in a room. The model is the *attraction*
:)

And I try very hard not to let other users drive me away from a fun and / or sexy model.
You are of course absolutely right Ozzie_😀. The model is the centre of interest and the main attraction😘.

However, I am very interested in psychology. That's why it's always very exciting for me to observe what's going on socially and psychologically in a room.

For example: how are the different members interacting. How does the model react to different users, the colour of the user. How do the users react to each other. What is the mood of the users. How does the model behave when there are many users and when the room is empty, etc.

That's the reason why I don't use VR much at the moment, because I can't see the other users in the room.

But these are my special interests and as you said: everyone is different :)……….

Much like Android (Meta's OS is based on Android), you can enable developer mode and sideload apps.
As AmberCutie has already mentioned, the level of trust regarding data security at meta/facebook is not very high🤪.

That's the reason why I don't like to visit an adult site via the meta quest.

I have therefore tried to install a vpn via side load, as recommended on the internet. Unfortunately, this has not worked so far.
The descriptions on the net are all a bit older, which is why I wanted to ask again here.

Has anyone already managed to install a vpn on Meta Quest 3? Thanks for any technical feedback🔧.

As AmberCutie has already mentioned, the level of trust regarding data security at meta/facebook is not very high🤪.

I have therefore tried to install a vpn via side load, as recommended on the internet. Unfortunately, this has not worked so far.
The descriptions on the net are all a bit older, which is why I wanted to ask again here.

Has anyone already managed to install a vpn on Meta Quest 3? Thanks for any technical feedback🔧.
You basically want the VPN so you appear at a different location right? If your router supports it, you could put your whole network under VPN.

You basically want the VPN so you appear at a different location right? If your router supports it, you could put your whole network under VPN.
Thank you very much😀. I know that's possible.
But I don't want to mess around with my router ⚙️.

I want the vpn isolated on the quest with the ability to switch it on and off🔒🔓.

Thank you very much😀. I know that's possible.
But I don't want to mess around with my router ⚙️.

I want the vpn isolated on the quest with the ability to switch it on and off🔒🔓.

Okay, probably doable. What have you tried? APK Installer on the Meta Quest? Apparently Express VPN hosts the APK on their website so you can download that on your Quest 3 and use APK Installer to install the APK by selecting unknown sources.

All the different options seems to be described here:

Okay, probably doable. What have you tried? APK Installer on the Meta Quest? Apparently Express VPN hosts the APK on their website so you can download that on your Quest 3 and use APK Installer to install the APK by selecting unknown sources.

All the different options seems to be described here:

Thank you, I will try again with these instructions in the next few days and give a feedback if it works.

@Charlie_SC , @Ozzie_

A second question I have is whether anyone has managed to install a VPN such as protonvpn via side load.
@KingMarti
@Charlie_SC : is there a timeline when a user list will be implemented in VR?
I know this is difficult to answer but maybe you can give kind of a timeframe, thank you

A VPN would do nothing for you. The browser itself is meta, if it really wanted to continue collecting data on you the VPN wont do anything. You just have to go into privacy settings and disable the sharing of additonal data and put faith in meta that they will respect that but a VPN is going to do absolutely 0.

A VPN would do nothing for you. The browser itself is meta, if it really wanted to continue collecting data on you the VPN wont do anything. You just have to go into privacy settings and disable the sharing of additonal data and put faith in meta that they will respect that but a VPN is going to do absolutely 0.
that‘s a good point, thank you @cbhours