AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC account question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2014
I have gotten into the vicious cycle of the low camscore, too low to get good paying customers in the room and therefore, lowering my camscore even more. I want to start a new MFC profile, now that I am better acquainted with the site, and essentially, because I know what I'm doing and would like my camscore to start fresh, but they won't let me, even when trying to use a new email. Do you think that canceling my account and starting a whole new one is possible or even a good idea?

I'm not sure what made you think getting a new email would make them think you're a different person. They have your social security number and that doesn't change. I don't think it's entirely impossible since some girls have got away with it before. I personally wouldn't do it. So many girls have had horrendous camscore and are successful now. If anything, I would just chalk it up to MFC not being the site for you and try different sites without CS. SM makes it easier to be successful because their placement is mostly based off of internet connection/encoder use.

PlayboyMegan said:
I'm not sure what made you think getting a new email would make them think you're a different person. They have your social security number and that doesn't change. I don't think it's entirely impossible since some girls have got away with it before. I personally wouldn't do it. So many girls have had horrendous camscore and are successful now. If anything, I would just chalk it up to MFC not being the site for you and try different sites without CS. SM makes it easier to be successful because their placement is mostly based off of internet connection/encoder use.

It was actually before entering any ss or anything, when only entering my email ton see if I could make a new account, which is why I mentioned the email thing. I think I am going to try out SM, thanks :)

A lot of girls tank on MFC at first because they don't know all that goes into the camscore equation right off the bat (or even know about camscore at all), but your score CAN be raised if you work at it and when you get it above that 1000 mark you'll be able to say, "fuck yeah, I worked my ass off for this!"

I do also agree that SM is a great site, but if you're not ready to give up on MFC, I just wanted to say that you don't have to. Good luck in whatever you choose! :)

Ive seen some serious rise and falls in my camscore over the past few years Ive been camming. Changing your name wont help, cuz the guys who know you already cant find you then.

- Get a Twitter if you dont already. Its the best promotional device youll find for camming.
- Start Making Videos to sell.
- Create A Website if your able to, if not, contact me, Ill get you in touch with a great website designer, he made mine & a few other girls. Its great extra income.

The only way I have noticed a model be allowed to have a new account is after closing their prior account and taking a long absence. Many cam sites require anywhere from 90 days to 1 year to have another account. Because they want to protect cam studios who recruit & promote models from having their models quit to make another account on their own. Usually applies even if a model doesn't work for a studio. If MFC has a specific rule, it is probably in the model terms of service.

goldenaye666 said:
The only way I have noticed a model be allowed to have a new account is after closing their prior account and taking a long absence. Many cam sites require anywhere from 90 days to 1 year to have another account. Because they want to protect cam studios who recruit & promote models from having their models quit to make another account on their own. Usually applies even if a model doesn't work for a studio. If MFC has a specific rule, it is probably in the model terms of service.
Technically though at the 61 day mark shouldn't the camscore be reset to 1000 anyway?

I find it interesting that mfc will pick and choose who to renew accounts for. I have seen models with a high camscore, that just disappeared and then I noticed its because they got a new account and started over and now are more towards the bottom. Not sure why. But it does make you wonder why they make exceptions for certain people. I'm not sure how the business side of things work as I am just a perve that trolls on models lol. But I'm sure if you just wait it out a few months they will have lost all your info as so many new models sign up on the daily.

KudosKids said:
I find it interesting that mfc will pick and choose who to renew accounts for. I have seen models with a high camscore, that just disappeared and then I noticed its because they got a new account and started over and now are more towards the bottom. Not sure why. But it does make you wonder why they make exceptions for certain people. I'm not sure how the business side of things work as I am just a perve that trolls on models lol. But I'm sure if you just wait it out a few months they will have lost all your info as so many new models sign up on the daily.
I deleted one of my accounts one time. A year later I contacted them about when that name would be free, just so I could change to it every so often on one of my other accounts to keep other people from using it. They misunderstood my question and emailed me that they had restored it. Complete with all reward points, archives, private sessions. Everything. They don't delete anything.

Also for tax audit purposes wouldn't a minimum of 3 years would be kept on models? Up to 6 if they're cautious in that department. Even though 1099's were sent out they should be keeping the records on file.

JerryBoBerry said:
KudosKids said:
I deleted one of my accounts one time. A year later I contacted them about when that name would be free, just so I could change to it every so often on one of my other accounts to keep other people from using it. They misunderstood my question and emailed me that they had restored it. Complete with all reward points, archives, private sessions. Everything. They don't delete anything.

Also for tax audit purposes wouldn't a minimum of 3 years would be kept on models? Up to 6 if they're cautious in that department. Even though 1099's were sent out they should be keeping the records on file.
Wow! That's actually really good service from them, kudos!

KudosKids said:

AFAIK they don't pick and choose who gets to have a new account, some models just fall through the cracks. There has been at least one instance that I'm aware of where a model (who I don't think is active here anymore) closed her account, got a new one, cammed there successfully for a while and then suddenly got hoisted back to her old account because she shouldn't have had the new one in the first place.

And no, camscore never resets to 1000, even after a long hiatus. It sort of hangs on to those last days/hours/tips (I'm not sure what or how many exactly) and uses that information if/when you come back.

Studio models are the only ones who seem to get around the rule against creating new accounts. Offhand, I can think of some models who are on their third or fourth accounts now.

JerryBoBerry said:
Technically though at the 61 day mark shouldn't the camscore be reset to 1000 anyway?

No, this is a myth. Camscore does not 'reset' after 60 days (I wish, lol!) The only way to get a 1000 camscore again is to make enough tokens per hour to have 'earned' that score.

However, it's not impossible to bring back a camscore that's less than 1000, and some of the most successful models have done it. Kickaz and JJ come to mind, and I believe our own Fay Galore was also below 1000 until recently and is now kicking ass! It takes a lot of hard work, dedication, and willingness to let it fall a little while building a fanbase so that it will go up later... But it is far from a lost cause and can always be recovered.

In the meantime, OP, I would join another camsite (I recommend SM) to take some of the financial edge off while you're working on bringing that camscore up. Also, it'd be really awesome if you got model status and came inside of Model's Only to research this whole thing a bit more, I'd love to see you in there, and I wish you all the best of luck! :)

Case of study #22. Can a camscore resurrect? Omitting model names. It seems some girls prefer not to talk about their low camscores.

Code:
Model 1 .... 900 on Jun 2011  >>>   6000 1 year later
Model 2 .... 840 on Apr 2012  >>>   5200 8 months later  >>> 10000 in 2014
Model 3 .... 840 on Oct 2013  >>>  10000 8 months later
Model 4 .... 740 on Apr 2012  >>>  10000 2 years later
Model 5 .... 730 on Jun 2011  >>>   5000 4 months later  >>> 17000 7 months later
Model 6 .... 720 on Aug 2011  >>>   6000 5 months later
Model 7 .... 720 on Feb 2012  >>>   6000 9 months later  >>> 12000 in 2014
Model 8 .... 700 on Sep 2011  >>>   7500 6 months later  >>> 15000 in 2014
Model 9 .... 510 on Jun 2013  >>>   8300 8 months later
Model 10 ... 300 on Dec 2012  >>>   4000 6 months later

GemmaMoore said:
JerryBoBerry said:

No, this is a myth. Camscore does not 'reset' after 60 days (I wish, lol!) The only way to get a 1000 camscore again is to make enough tokens per hour to have 'earned' that score.
Perhaps reset isn't the right word. But according to the way the formula works shouldn't it be back there?

If you go by the basic theory of it being total tokens earned over the last 60 days divided by total hours on cam during that same 60 days all times some multiplier, then after all your tokens and time have slid off the 60 days you weren't on mfc the camscore has to have changed. Right?

I mean if you're gone for a day it changes. If you're gone for a week it changes...because now the numbers are reflective of the past 60 days 'a week later.' So it's a different camscore. Well, mathematically it just follows after having been gone for 60 days ALL your tokens and hours would have slid off that prior 60 days being used to calculate the camscore. That should be resetting it toward some number, isn't that number the starting camscore of 1000?

The other way of looking at is suppose you take off for 59 days. The 60th day you get on for one minute and earn exactly the amount of token [per hour] that would be equivalent to a 5000 CS. Then your camscore would be 5000 even though you were only on for a minute the last 2 months. Or conversely if you made a HUGE amount of tokens 60 days ago and your camscore is really high, after that 61st day your CS plummets to a new lower average. Every single day readjusts your score based on the prior 60 days total. If you're not on for 60 days those totals are still changing regardless of you being gone.

Well what's the number if your'e not on at all for the past 60 days? It doesn't just lock in. If it does, then the formula you all think you have is dead wrong. It has to be fluidly changing toward some stable, average number every consecutive day your gone from mfc.

no, it doens't make sense according to the formula we think is applied. but that's really the way it is. you can browse a bunch of inactive profiles yourself, if they ever logged in, it's not on back to 1000.

what might be a part of it is that camscore updates when you log in, so if you never log in again, it will never update. (not that is will go back to 1000 once you do)

I don't really know if the calculations are still running while a model is away behind the scenes but I do know the camscore goes into a sort of sleep stage after, I believe 48-72 hours off cam, and doesn't update.

What Fay said.

JoleneBrody said:
I don't really know if the calculations are still running while a model is away behind the scenes but I do know the camscore goes into a sort of sleep stage after, I believe 48-72 hours off cam, and doesn't update.

What Fay said.
Okay, 'sleep mode.' That's something else to consider that would make sense then.

AllisonWilder said:
[...]
AFAIK they don't pick and choose who gets to have a new account, some models just fall through the cracks. There has been at least one instance that I'm aware of where a model (who I don't think is active here anymore) closed her account, got a new one, cammed there successfully for a while and then suddenly got hoisted back to her old account because she shouldn't have had the new one in the first place.
[...]
Yeah, it's definitely inconsistent even when it works the other way. I know of a couple of Miss MFC Top 20 models who changed accounts when they were active and doing well:

http://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/model/Parislovelea -> http://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/model/ParisLovely
http://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/model/XNatashaPinkX -> http://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/model/NattyIceee (she was also using XNatashaPink for the new account)

I don't know for sure what happened, but I doubt these models really wanted to change accounts, so I assume they somehow lost control of their account but couldn't convince MFC to give it back to them.

(Hmm, I seem to recall someone here saying that leaving a studio is one situation where MFC does allow a model to switch to a new account. I don't know if that applies to either model, but you'd think MFC would let the models keep their accounts if that's what they wanted.)

bsurs said:
AllisonWilder said:
[...]
[...]
Yeah, it's definitely inconsistent even when it works the other way. I know of a couple of Miss MFC Top 20 models who changed accounts when they were active and doing well:

http://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/model/Parislovelea -> http://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/model/ParisLovely
http://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/model/XNatashaPinkX -> http://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/model/NattyIceee (she was also using XNatashaPink for the new account)

I don't know for sure what happened, but I doubt these models really wanted to change accounts, so I assume they somehow lost control of their account but couldn't convince MFC to give it back to them.

(Hmm, I seem to recall someone here saying that leaving a studio is one situation where MFC does allow a model to switch to a new account. I don't know if that applies to either model, but you'd think MFC would let the models keep their accounts if that's what they wanted.)
I am pretty sure Natasha was on a studio account at first, and yes MFC will let you create a new, non-studio account. Not sure about Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.