AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Chat commands /helper (the MFC "RoomHelper" thread)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MFC Chat commands /helper

ACFFAN69 said:
Trav said:
As someone who frequently tips ninja without the intention of said tips going toward topics... tough tiddlywinks lol. :lol:

We each paid for our tokens. You spend them how you like and I'll do the same :)

I really hope my post did not imply that I feel that I don't like ninja tips, I specifically said that I absolutely do, right after the section you bolded. You are supporting the model, and that is fantastic.

All I am saying is, if I'm interested in a show being offered, I'd rather the ninja tip go toward that show. This was in reply to a post stating that anyone that wants that option is a freeloader. I was just stating that obviousily many non-ninja tipper also probably want them to count.

I do agree with you though, that if you do not want your tip to count toward the countdown, then it shouldn't. There is nothing wrong with that either (obviousily).

Also the times I have ninja tipped a few times because it was the prudent thing to do at the time (buying videos for other members for example), I was hoping it would go toward the countdown. I would not be surprised if the majority of ninja tippers felt this way.

I also hope it didn't come across that I only tip for the countdown. I frequently gladly tip when there is no countdown, and I tip for a countdown even if I have no interest in the show. It is about supporting the models show first and foremost, so that she has incentive to continue her job in the future. When there is a show that greatly interests me though, I'm happy for every tip dropping that countdown.

It should be up to the ninja tipper what is done with his tokens. I don't count ninja tips but if someone knows this and mentions in the tip note that they'd like me to count it. I will. It's just a matter of adjusting the countdown total. It's not that complicated. But no one other than the ninja tipper himself really deserves a say.

Oh and on the anonymity bit, if they want it to count but remain unknown they can tip anonymous. If they really want the model to know who they are they can include a private tip note.

roomhelper said:
Not everyone is well established as you Jolene with your level of camming experience, a high camscore and regulars.

Establishment is a process of building personal experiences, strengths and weaknesses on your own. We all started somewhere. Send her here to the forum so she can get access to the models only section and get the support and help that will actually assist her. What you are doing now to the level in which you are trying to do it will only scare away the rad members and hurt her long term.

NicoleRiley said:
The model can see if she has made her nightly goal or not. I see no benefit in giving the members access to this information. I can just see this causing problems with members calling certain girls greedy or comparing different girls nightly goals.

Not every model feels that way.
I know models, particularly those in studios,who post their target and count that down in addition to a smaller countdown. There are plenty of guys (known desrisively as white knights) who love to make a girls day by helping her reach a goal.

Swarles123 said:
NicoleRiley said:
The model can see if she has made her nightly goal or not. I see no benefit in giving the members access to this information. I can just see this causing problems with members calling certain girls greedy or comparing different girls nightly goals.

Not every model feels that way.
I know models, particularly those in studios,who post their target and count that down in addition to a smaller countdown. There are plenty of guys (known desrisively as white knights) who love to make a girls day by helping her reach a goal.

I think that it's certainly fairly easy for them to just...do that if they want to, though, right? Those girls could even put that goal as their "countdown" in new countdown feature! They could count one down manually and type it into the room or topic and use the automatic countdown for the other one. I don't see what's stopping them from continuing to share in the same way they did before! I think it's awesome that members care about our goals and want to help us complete them, obviously that's really nice! I think that many of us try to reach our goals and present them in less direct ways (often as countdowns). I think it wouldn't be the best to just give out the info on total tokens though, not unless the model chooses to share it, that really isn't anyone else's business. If someone REALLY wants to know the total tokens for a show, they can always watch with a calculator I suppose!

Trav said:
[...]
As someone who frequently tips ninja without the intention of said tips going toward topics... tough tiddlywinks lol. :lol:

We each paid for our tokens. You spend them how you like and I'll do the same :)
darthro said:
A lot of times I will tip ninja and specifically put in the tip note that it is NOT towards the countdown if the model counts all tips for the countdown. Obviously I can't stop her from counting them but also it would mean less tipping for her from me
I'm curious about the thinking behind this attitude. I can understand if you're not interested in the topic, you don't think the model needs help with the count, or you're tipping as a gift or "just because". However, do you then leave the room when a countdown gets completed without your help?

Also, why would you not tip as much if a model chooses to include ninja tips in the countdown? I'm not sure why you'd appreciate a model less if she thought that was best for her. Besides, if you really don't want to contribute towards a countdown, couldn't you just tip after the count is complete or when the model is offline?

bsurs said:
Trav said:
[...]

darthro said:
A lot of times I will tip ninja and specifically put in the tip note that it is NOT towards the countdown if the model counts all tips for the countdown. Obviously I can't stop her from counting them but also it would mean less tipping for her from me
I'm curious about the thinking behind this attitude. I can understand if you're not interested in the topic, you don't think the model needs help with the count, or you're tipping as a gift or "just because". However, do you then leave the room when a countdown gets completed without your help?
I'm not a member but I think the thought behind it is that the model will make more tokens in the long run. The ninja tip doesn't go towards the countdown, so, say it was 3k tokens; the models goal for a show was 4k tokens. Had the tip gone towards the countdowns she may have only made 4k that night, but since it was ninja and uncounted she made 7k that night.

bsurs said:
Trav said:
[...]

darthro said:

Also, why would you not tip as much if a model chooses to include ninja tips in the countdown? I'm not sure why you'd appreciate a model less if she thought that was best for her. Besides, if you really don't want to contribute towards a countdown, couldn't you just tip after the count is complete or when the model is offline?
It seems a lot of guys don't want to support the freeloaders. Which is understandable, but also sometimes unhelpful to the models. It can go both ways.

If a member is just dropping by to say hello and drops a generous tip to make me smile, I appreciate when it's ninja. That way the people who are sticking around for the show have to pitch in themselves for it (hopefully). If a member tips for content and won't be around for the show, that's nice to be ninja too, but I appreciate it regardless, obviously.

SexyStephXS said:
bsurs said:
[...]
I'm not a member but I think the thought behind it is that the model will make more tokens in the long run. The ninja tip doesn't go towards the countdown, so, say it was 3k tokens; the models goal for a show was 4k tokens. Had the tip gone towards the countdowns she may have only made 4k that night, but since it was ninja and uncounted she made 7k that night.
Yes, I guess that fits with the "thinks model doesn't need help with the count" reason. In those cases though, I'd just hold on and tip when the count is done. If I'm wrong and the count stalls, I still have the option of helping out.

Reactions: JoleneBrody

I think the best thing a member can do for a model is assist in making her room fun and active, and having a countdown move is the best way to do that.
I always count ninja tips, and even if the member requests I don't put it to the show I still do. I don't do it for them specifically or for the members in the room as much as myself though, because taking that chunk off of my goal is elevating and uplifting to MY spirits and makes my overall show better. I actually WANT to do the show I have planned, so assisting ME in reaching MY show is the way I look at it even if they don't plan to watch.

The faster I reach my show the more chance I have at having enough energy to do a second show too! This is a big part of why I still have the same low countdowns I did years ago, because it is fast paced, fun and exciting!

It would be extra confusing and kind of sad to learn that a member decided I wasn't worth tipping anymore because I counted it... that seems odd and I would be super curious about the thought process behind this.

um..

we can have another topic for ninja tips.

how do i mute basics or guests as helper? i cant find that anywhere..

So, I had my first experience as a helper the other day, and I am not really impressed with the whole thing. The model was figuring out the new features and made me the helper. The moment she says that I'm the helper, a guy starts complaining that it must have been me who had muted/silenced him in her room the previous day, which wasn't possible because the model hadn't been online that day, she hadn't even known about the function until 20 minutes earlier, and a helper can't mute or silence premiums anyway.

As far as the topic goes, the model would have needed to tell me what she wanted the new topic to be, so why not just write it herself? I also wouldn't feel comfortable banning someone from the room, so I have to say that the whole thing seemed sort of "meh" to me. There wasn't really a way for me to be helpful to the model (at least given how she runs her room), and it just put me in a spot where members could complain about me even though I hadn't done anything.

The new countdown system is awesome, though!

bsurs said:
Trav said:
[...]

darthro said:

I guess I didn't explain my thoughts properly. What I meant to say was that I would not be tipping as much towards a show countdown. This was only meant to apply to rooms when I am the only one tipping or just 1or 2 more people and there are 40+ premiums just sitting there waiting for a show.

As Amber has said

SexyStephXS said:
It seems a lot of guys don't want to support the freeloaders. Which is understandable, but also sometimes unhelpful to the models.

I will still tip BUT it would most likely be an offline tip and not towards a show.

Falke said:
So, I had my first experience as a helper the other day, and I am not really impressed with the whole thing. The model was figuring out the new features and made me the helper. The moment she says that I'm the helper, a guy starts complaining that it must have been me who had muted/silenced him in her room the previous day, which wasn't possible because the model hadn't been online that day, she hadn't even known about the function until 20 minutes earlier, and a helper can't mute or silence premiums anyway.

As far as the topic goes, the model would have needed to tell me what she wanted the new topic to be, so why not just write it herself? I also wouldn't feel comfortable banning someone from the room, so I have to say that the whole thing seemed sort of "meh" to me. There wasn't really a way for me to be helpful to the model (at least given how she runs her room), and it just put me in a spot where members could complain about me even though I hadn't done anything.

I agree with your assessment. I've been helper for one model who really was just playing around and having fun with it. So when a troll would pop up she'd say 'Oh helper, would you kindly do something about that.' :lol: Otherwise I wouldn't feel right banning someone without her okaying it.

Other than the topic I don't see much use for a helper. Most of the ones that would want to be a helper i'd dread having as a helper.

The topic is really where there's an advantage. For some glitchy reason the Helper can make a topic that contains a full 258 characters. (Yes, that is exact. I've tested it several times in multiple rooms) Whereas the model is limited to around 100 or so. Funny enough if the Helper DOES have a really long topic and the model touches it at all, it cuts it back to her limit of characters. When the Helper pops up the 'change topic' box all of the character can be put back. It just depends on who last saved it. Other than that reason I wouldn't be comfortable changing it either, other than a joke or something just to play around.

bsurs said:
Trav said:
[...]

darthro said:

Well, I can't speak for others, and my situation may be somewhat unique, but I do it because of my relationship with the model. I've known her and been a regular in her room for over 4 years. I don't particularly care about countdowns. The vast majority of my tips are ninja and personal between us in one way or another, be it the note that's with them or the reason for tipping in the first place. They're also often used as an alternative to PMs for me. That said, not ALL of my tips are ninja. Just most :)

Falke said:

I will likely not use the helper system for a myriad of reasons however I will say that the way I envision it's potential for helpfulness doesn't really seem to go in line with what you expected but I do think some applications could be kind of cool.

1.) Likely the ONLY way I would ever use this is for messy shows or shows where my hands are very busy. I did a Ghostbusters theme show last month and submerged myself in a bathtub of green ectoplasm/slime/gelatin. Seriously my whole body was covered in a gooey layer of thick gelatin and reaching over to do anything with my mouse was definitely NOT convenient. That goes for the keyboard X3. I would have to wipe my gelatin hands on a towel which was pretty ineffective, or lay a towel over the keyboard/mouse and use my hand over top. It was really not ideal and while I don't really mind too much and it isn't a crazy big deal, it would've been REALLY convenient to be able to make MrPond my helper so that he could change the topic or ban jerks. In a situation that messy, I would maybe even be down to give it over to a trusted member. In either situation I wouldn't expect the helper to do anything without my explicit directions, but damn it'd be pretty bitchin' in times of need like that. I think when I'm doing a messy show or like a puppet show, everyone very nicely understands that some douchebags are likely to get to be dicks for longer than normal or that I might be slower to update my topic. Sometimes during those shows a raging lunatic will arrive and they will just HAVE to be dealt with immediately, which is a pain. Helper could be so cool in that situation! I think it will be fairly rare for me but I can see it being nice for those times.

2.) Some models have people they employ or have set professional relationships with who specifically hang out in their room and help them with stuff like this! They couldn't ban before, but they would update the count automatically for her in the room, take down notes about what people won or bought, and maybe even sent out content and prizes (I'm not actually sure if anyone has had someone who does this, but it seems likely). I'm sure there are a lot of other things! Sometimes this person is actually paid or they have an official arrangement, and I'm sure that there are also just trusted regulars or significant others who do this! I'll bet having some real things they can do in the room is awesome for this arrangement!

As for random folks, I'm sure they will have an experience similar to yours and it might be sort of "meh"! It seems like these updates really are mostly for models this time, though I'm sure that many of people will find ways to have fun with them! I know that for countdowns (even though it wasn't like they were hard to manage) I feel like some sort of weight has been lifted which I'm sure will help make me even happier and more attentive during shows! I'm glad too that both of these combined can allow me greater options for immersing myself in the shows I'm putting on and will hopefully mean more entertaining and awesome times for you guys! :dance:

I will add that I think the sorts of people who want to be "helper" for newer models to "show them the ropes" is the main downside to this. :roll:

I was running into significant delay problems last night in which whatever I typed in public chat or PM wouldn't show up for 2-4 minutes. Tips would go still go through (I couldn't see them in my window but I could hear the tip sound). I was even able to login from a separate browser and have a message go through while the other messages were still "stuck". This wasn't happening all the time, but it seemed to be getting worse towards the end of the night.

Now I happened to be room helper last night, so I don't know if that was related. One of the times the delay occurred was when I was banning a couple of members when the model was busy doing a show. Unfortunately, the bans were also delayed by a few minutes so they weren't that helpful. No one else in the room seemed to be having problems and I didn't have this problem the last time I was helper.

On a brighter note, I noticed that the "Set Topic" form is now auto-filled with the current topic, although it uses the actual token count instead of the "@remain" code.

bsurs said:
I was running into significant delay problems last night in which whatever I typed in public chat or PM wouldn't show up for 2-4 minutes. Tips would go still go through (I couldn't see them in my window but I could hear the tip sound). I was even able to login from a separate browser and have a message go through while the other messages were still "stuck". This wasn't happening all the time, but it seemed to be getting worse towards the end of the night.

Since the update last week that added the helper support, I've seen quite a few complaints (and experienced myself) about chat lag.. And AFAIK none of the people complaining were helpers (in most of the rooms I was in, I believe the models weren't using that feature).

Reactions: bsurs

So, I'm officially unhappy with how they moved the counter and made it smaller on models side. Now it's in teeny tiny font (what Angelbaby posted) when before it was on the far right in big green font.

MFC WHYYYY

Ladies and gents, there are 2 separate threads for helper (this one) and countdown. Can we post in the corresponding place? Or do I need to merge?

KayleePond said:
I will likely not use the helper system for a myriad of reasons however I will say that the way I envision it's potential for helpfulness doesn't really seem to go in line with what you expected but I do think some applications could be kind of cool.

1.) Likely the ONLY way I would ever use this is for messy shows or shows where my hands are very busy. I did a Ghostbusters theme show last month and submerged myself in a bathtub of green ectoplasm/slime/gelatin. Seriously my whole body was covered in a gooey layer of thick gelatin and reaching over to do anything with my mouse was definitely NOT convenient. That goes for the keyboard X3. I would have to wipe my gelatin hands on a towel which was pretty ineffective, or lay a towel over the keyboard/mouse and use my hand over top. It was really not ideal and while I don't really mind too much and it isn't a crazy big deal, it would've been REALLY convenient to be able to make MrPond my helper so that he could change the topic or ban jerks. In a situation that messy, I would maybe even be down to give it over to a trusted member. In either situation I wouldn't expect the helper to do anything without my explicit directions, but damn it'd be pretty bitchin' in times of need like that. I think when I'm doing a messy show or like a puppet show, everyone very nicely understands that some douchebags are likely to get to be dicks for longer than normal or that I might be slower to update my topic. Sometimes during those shows a raging lunatic will arrive and they will just HAVE to be dealt with immediately, which is a pain. Helper could be so cool in that situation! I think it will be fairly rare for me but I can see it being nice for those times.

2.) Some models have people they employ or have set professional relationships with who specifically hang out in their room and help them with stuff like this! They couldn't ban before, but they would update the count automatically for her in the room, take down notes about what people won or bought, and maybe even sent out content and prizes (I'm not actually sure if anyone has had someone who does this, but it seems likely). I'm sure there are a lot of other things! Sometimes this person is actually paid or they have an official arrangement, and I'm sure that there are also just trusted regulars or significant others who do this! I'll bet having some real things they can do in the room is awesome for this arrangement!

As for random folks, I'm sure they will have an experience similar to yours and it might be sort of "meh"! It seems like these updates really are mostly for models this time, though I'm sure that many of people will find ways to have fun with them! I know that for countdowns (even though it wasn't like they were hard to manage) I feel like some sort of weight has been lifted which I'm sure will help make me even happier and more attentive during shows! I'm glad too that both of these combined can allow me greater options for immersing myself in the shows I'm putting on and will hopefully mean more entertaining and awesome times for you guys! :dance:

I will add that I think the sorts of people who want to be "helper" for newer models to "show them the ropes" is the main downside to this. :roll:

Yeah, I can see the utility of it for situations when it would be awkward for the model to use her keyboard, whether that's updating a topic or banning a member. I'm of the same mind about needing explicit directions from the model before doing anything, even though I would like to think I count as a trusted/close member to her. I guess it comes down to a question of what's more disruptive during an oil show or cum show: her telling me to do something, her PMing me to do something, or her just doing it herself.

Reactions: KayleePond

JoleneBrody said:
roomhelper said:
3. Option to make room helper visible or not. I like to get ideas from tippers, particularly the high tipper. So if people know who the helper is, they can pm me. Of course it can be annoying. But I dont mind it and I can filter out the bad stuff and push the good stuff to the models. Some tippers are hestitant/shy to let the models know what they like. Telling another member is easier.
Wha... why?

I cannot form a reply that is better than yours Jolene, thank you.

Post countdown info in the other thread. This one is about the room helper feature.

bsurs said:
[...]
On a brighter note, I noticed that the "Set Topic" form is now auto-filled with the current topic, although it uses the actual token count instead of the "@remain" code.
This is now fixed, too. It uses "@remain" in the auto-filled form.

Also, the helper can now change the countdown and now gets countdown update messages.

Reactions: Always_Tim
So I've been a helper for a model, who I know quite well.

They've now implemented the feature for helpers to modify the countdowns.

However it doesn't seem to be working fully, the only thing that worked was adding or subtracting tips to the count /c +100 or /c -100.

According to the wiki we should be able to do the full set of commands, to start/stop create new countdowns etc... But I get errors. I tried to notify MFC and they asked for a screenshot, which I provided but they haven't replied since.

I would just like to know if I'm the only one having this issue?

Here are the commands from the wiki page FYI

/countdown
Usage: /countdown [total] [remaining (optional)]
Usage: /c [total] [remaining (optional)]
Example: /c 1000 : This would start a new countdown from 1000 tokens.
Example: /c 1000 200 : This would start a countdown from 1000 tokens that only had 200 tokens remaining to finish (800 tokens already earned).
Usage: /c [+/-adjustment]
Example: /c +100 : This adds 100 tokens to the countdown, so if countdown was at 1000 before, now it will be at 1100.
Example: /c -100 : This removes 100 tokens from the countdown, as if someone just tipped you 100 tokens.
Usage: /c none : Removes any active countdown.
Usage: /c resume : Resumes a countdown that was interrupted due to a short term disconnection.

Reactions: Always_Tim
I seriously haven't gotten a chance to use this damn thing yet!!! Hopefully today sometime I can!

However. No one has fought for it yet, or really even asked. It's been mentioned, but that's about it. As for MY personal use of it... I will only be assigning someone when I feel like it, which I haven't yet, LMAO. :).

Like, if I'm trying to do a BJ show. However. WHOEVER I end up assigning to be room mod, will be told they are NEVER allowed to ban someone for ANY reason, unless I have asked/told them to do so. I also never plan on assigning it to anyone who isn't a close reg of mine, so I don't forsee any problems with power abuse, etc. Because they all know they'd be in deep shit if they decided to let's say, ban everyone, etc.

So I've been a helper for a model, who I know quite well.

They've now implemented the feature for helpers to modify the countdowns.

However it doesn't seem to be working fully, the only thing that worked was adding or subtracting tips to the count /c +100 or /c -100.

According to the wiki we should be able to do the full set of commands, to start/stop create new countdowns etc... But I get errors. I tried to notify MFC and they asked for a screenshot, which I provided but they haven't replied since.

I would just like to know if I'm the only one having this issue?

Here are the commands from the wiki page FYI

/countdown
Usage: /countdown [total] [remaining (optional)]
Usage: /c [total] [remaining (optional)]
Example: /c 1000 : This would start a new countdown from 1000 tokens.
Example: /c 1000 200 : This would start a countdown from 1000 tokens that only had 200 tokens remaining to finish (800 tokens already earned).
Usage: /c [+/-adjustment]
Example: /c +100 : This adds 100 tokens to the countdown, so if countdown was at 1000 before, now it will be at 1100.
Example: /c -100 : This removes 100 tokens from the countdown, as if someone just tipped you 100 tokens.
Usage: /c none : Removes any active countdown.
Usage: /c resume : Resumes a countdown that was interrupted due to a short term disconnection.

I can't edit my previous post but I was able to get a hold of MFC and they fixed the issue with /c none (which stops/clears a countdown).

Also I realized that if I needed to set a new countdown amount I just needed to type /c 1000 or whatever. Could have sworn I tried that and it wouldn't let me earlier, but at any rate everything should be working now!

What I've noticed, and apparently I'm not the only one, is rooms with the Helper enabled see serious Chat Lag.
The model I work with and I did an experiment with it on and off and the difference is noticeable. I thought it was just her until I noticed people in other rooms saying it and the posts here also.

We have also noticed when the Helper feature is on it doesn't seem to catch all tips. When it's off it does. By that I mean regular in room tips, but there has to be a yellow wall or very fast over all chat activity.

They will probably fix soon but beware for now. The tips did get caught in the Model total and were realized, but not caught by counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.