AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Chat commands /helper (the MFC "RoomHelper" thread)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nzhere

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Sep 6, 2010
I saw this in the mfc wiki

=== /helper (soon) ===

Is mfc adding room moderators :think: or its something to do with goal countdown tip counters

Reactions: curvyredhead
Re: MFC Chat commands /helper

moderators... that would be really bad. Hate the thought of having to appease the idiots of the room who get ban happy with anyone who annoys them. I may make a joke that the model gets because of some prior conversation, but the clueless moderator doesn't get it and bans.

God I hope mfc doesn't make the mistake of going that route.

JerryBoBerry said:
moderators... that would be really bad. Hate the thought of having to appease the idiots of the room who get ban happy with anyone who annoys them. I may make a joke that the model gets because of some prior conversation, but the clueless moderator doesn't get it and bans.

Wouldn't that reflect mostly on the model selecting the wrong person to be their helper? Clearly this isn't something that should be used all willynilly. On CB do models just chosoe any ol' person to mod for them?

AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:

Wouldn't that reflect mostly on the model selecting the wrong person to be their helper? Clearly this isn't something that should be used all willynilly. On CB do models just chosoe any ol' person to mod for them?

Yes, mostly.

I just know times I've visited there I've seen moderators ban people so fast after making one comment that, in my opinion, didn't seem that bad. On mfc it would have been ignored by most. Normally when I visit a room I try to figure out what topics can be talked about, which to avoid because they may annoy her. What level of humor and sarcasm she may have. Things of that nature. Basically just feel it out for awhile. But then you add a moderator into the mix now you also have to be aware of two people's personalities.

Most of the times I visited a CB room where there was a moderator it just seemed like the guy was a bit power hungry with the bans and I'd always have to walk on eggshells in that room. Since I was just there to chat and spend time getting to know the model it wasn't worth the extra hassle. So I'd leave that room as soon as I started seeing the moderator remove people so quickly.

Put yourself in that situation. Would you want to invest the time and energy in a new room knowing you had to [appease] the model and someone else as well?

*appease may not be the best word choice there. It's early for me. Think of it as more like 'get along.'

JerryBoBerry said:

Maybe an assigned "helper" would just get to MUTE a user. If that's what it is...but I think it might be something to do with goals and countdowns.

As mentioned here
http://www.reddit.com/comments/250k3h/m ... or/chjcty8

nzhere said:
JerryBoBerry said:

Maybe an assigned "helper" would just get to MUTE a user. If that's what it is...but I think it might be something to do with goals and countdowns.

As mentioned here
http://www.reddit.com/comments/250k3h/m ... or/chjcty8

I HOPE that's what they mean by "helper". I really don't want to be expected to have mods. Idk, that's just not appealing to me. From the sounds of it it can be a shit show.

But that "countdown" kind of helper bothers me too. I don't count ninja tips toward the countdown. Or tips to join my club, date raffle tickets, etc. Will I have to increase my countdown after one of those tips? Cuz I'm sure that would go over well... Not.

Whatever they implement, I hope it's as optional as CB's apps and mods are.

Ultimately, it comes down to serving particular need. Mods would be able to allow the model to keep doing her show without the distractions of having to police her own room and can end up having a positive effect on a user's cam-perving experience. However, this would only be the case if two things are true:

- The mods that are chosen are the right people for the job in that they both understand what the model does and doesn't tolerate in her chat, as well as being able to walk that line of being quick on the draw without being too trigger-happy to cause innocent peole to get caught in the crossfire.

- The room is chaotic enough to actually have need for a mod or two to "keep the peace."

I feel that second one is the far more important one in this instance. Not one of the rooms I frequent has at any point looked to me like it needed additional people with the task of keeping the peace, as it were. Sure, you'd get the occasional troll, but usually not more than one at a time and that's still pretty easily taken care of by the model herself.

And as far as countdown helpers go, I don't see that happening anytime soon unless MFC abandons its stance on tokens being gifts. And if it does get implemented, there'll most likely be options for it.

Main problem I see people complain about with Chaturbate's moderator system is random people who come into newer model's rooms and ask to mod for them. I guess less experienced models there just approve people they've never talked to before. Rather than the model picking a reasonable regular who is familiar with how she runs her room. They could use a new model user group that isn't allowed to use that feature until they've been there a little while or something. :think:

Reactions: SaffronBurke

I would personally like a mod feature. When you are in the middle of having an orgasm and 20+ people are saying mean things, it's very distracting. And you can't really ignore the chat, because there is always the danger of someone giving out your personal info and that can be dangerous if it goes unnoticed.
It would be up to the model who her mods are. If you don't like her choice in mods, there are plenty of other models to visit.

PlayboyMegan said:
I would personally like a mod feature. When you are in the middle of having an orgasm and 20+ people are saying mean things, it's very distracting. And you can't really ignore the chat, because there is always the danger of someone giving out your personal info and that can be dangerous if it goes unnoticed.
It would be up to the model who her mods are. If you don't like her choice in mods, there are plenty of other models to visit.

The problem with this would be the begging.
Instead of people begging for free shit, it's gonna be people begging to be modded and it's going to be a million times worse than the original issue of trolls/free stuff beggars.
This is seriously such an annoying thing about Chaturbate, the INCESSANT begging to be made a mod. And it's never reasonable individuals doing this either, it's going to be 0/20s wanting to fulfill some kind of weird power trip or wanting to feel useful without having to actually tip/contribute to conversation.

I would say that most average dudes on MFC are there to relax/have a good time, they don't want the responsibility of policing a room because it cuts into their fun. The users who seem to want to do this are the ones with weird issues. :twocents-02cents:

NoelleBright said:
PlayboyMegan said:

The problem with this would be the begging.
Instead of people begging for free shit, it's gonna be people begging to be modded and it's going to be a million times worse than the original issue of trolls/free stuff beggars.
This is seriously such an annoying thing about Chaturbate, the INCESSANT begging to be made a mod. And it's never reasonable individuals doing this either, it's going to be 0/20s wanting to fulfill some kind of weird power trip or wanting to feel useful without having to actually tip/contribute to conversation.

I would say that most average dudes on MFC are there to relax/have a good time, they don't want the responsibility of policing a room because it cuts into their fun. The users who seem to want do this are the ones with weird issues. :twocents-02cents:
In my room, beggars get banned.
Beggars are beggars and will always have something to beg for. If it's not the mod feature, it will be content. If there is no content, it will be for free Skype shows. Unless you don't have anything for sale, they will find something to beg for.
I've had different experiences with the members in my room. No one has ever policed my room, but my closest friends on MFC enjoyed helping me with the countdown or doing other things to contribute...and they also tipped, too.

What I think would be helpful is being able to completely disable your chat during cumshows, at that point making tip notes the only way people can communicate with you. Then after you're done chat can go right back on.
I guess that's an idea for another thread, though.

NoelleBright said:
What I think would be helpful is being able to completely disable your chat during cumshows, at that point making tip notes the only way people can communicate with you. Then after you're done chat can go right back on.
I guess that's an idea for another thread, though.
I really like that idea. I spend a lot of time when on Streamate muting everyone just before a Gold Show begins...I find the stupid comments creepy and annoying. Some models, I know, want feedback during the show, but really, what feedback they get is generally idiotic. "flip over bb" "anal bb" "nice tit bb"

NoelleBright said:
I would say that most average dudes on MFC are there to relax/have a good time, they don't want the responsibility of policing a room because it cuts into their fun. The users who seem to want to do this are the ones with weird issues. :twocents-02cents:

I'd say I fall into that category of MFC user, but personally I wouldn't mind helping deal with the annoying folks as they usually screw with the vibe of the room..

With regards to power-trips, you could make it be a 'democratic' process - make it require multiple moderators to ban a person. And to make it even more fair, the fact that one moderator flagged an user to be banned/ignored shouldn't be advertised to the other moderators. (this is a personal POV - this is because if I got a notification that a fellow moderator wants to ban someone, I would look back and see what that user was doing that triggered that reaction. If the system didn't notify me, I would only ban an user if they did something to really irritate me/broke the rules as defined by the model for her room)

This would be really interesting in how this plays out since Chaturbate & MFC have such distinct vibes.

I can see how Chaturbate needs mods since a lot of rooms weirdly let basics talk, most MFC rooms don't.

I will say I find the mods on Chaturbate very strange. They're weirdly possessive of the models and seem overtly obsessed with banning/silencing people on the first offense. Yet, they don't seem to be able to understand the nuances of conversation can have more depth than the words used in the sense of sarcasm, wit being in play. Also, they tend to prod the room for tokens and shill for the model overtly, which kinda kills the vibe as well.

I feel like MFC could've worked on many other things on the site before putting in a moderator functionality. (In B4 we are talking about nothing and this new command has nothing to do with mods on MFC ...)

Guest12345 said:
I will say I find the mods on Chaturbate very strange. They're weirdly possessive of the models and seem overtly obsessed with banning/silencing people on the first offense. Yet, they don't seem to be able to understand the nuances of conversation can have more depth than the words used in the sense of sarcasm, wit being in play. Also, they tend to prod the room for tokens and shill for the model overtly, which kinda kills the vibe as well.

I feel like MFC could've worked on many other things on the site before putting in a moderator functionality. (In B4 we are talking about nothing and this new command has nothing to do with mods on MFC ...)

I hate mods like that (hell, I've been called a "bad mod" for not engaging in pimping out the model my more than a few greys. People sometimes seem to have trouble grasping the concept of "chat moderator" being something different than "promotor."

I can see why the first offence thing would be bothesome, but it's a bit coming from the mod's point of view. You may feel lenient towards the first 10 jackasses who come into a room and open their dialogue with the model by shouting "OPEN ANAL BB!!!!!!*insert dick emote*", but the next couple hundred are not going to be given the same treatment. Call it pattern recognition. While an uncomfortable amount of mods can be very protective of their "queen, " I do feel that it's part of the model's responsibility to rein these guys in when they go too far.

Personally, with risk of it sounding cheesy, I've always enjoyed being a mod on there because it kind of shows an increased level of trust between the model and me. My main concern was always to ty and keep the overall vibe in the room on the right track, as it were. People who communicate solely in rude comments, dick emotes, foreign languages, foreign alphabets and orders are generally not going to bring anything meaningful to a discussion. I see little harm in silencing those, especially since I'll have asked the model beforehand (or experienced it, since I generally don't mod for people unless I know them) about what she feels should and shouldn't be allowed in the chat. Essentially I was helping in making the model's experience on CB better by taking some of these jackasses off her hands and that, coupled with the fact that I was already engaged in the chat to begin with, made it a lot less like a "job" to me (for lack of a better term) and made it so it added to my fun rather than cutting into it.

weirdbr said:
With regards to power-trips, you could make it be a 'democratic' process - make it require multiple moderators to ban a person. And to make it even more fair, the fact that one moderator flagged an user to be banned/ignored shouldn't be advertised to the other moderators. (this is a personal POV - this is because if I got a notification that a fellow moderator wants to ban someone, I would look back and see what that user was doing that triggered that reaction. If the system didn't notify me, I would only ban an user if they did something to really irritate me/broke the rules as defined by the model for her room)

This would work beautifully. In fact, I've been a mod in a lot of rooms where offenders got silenced by multiple mods at once as well as by the model, so if your room is right, it'll probably already work like this :p

In the end, though, I'll still stress that I haven't ever felt like a mod was needed in the MFC rooms I've been in. It doesn't seem nearly as bad as CB with regards to rudeness in chat. At least not to the point where the model couldn't deal with them herself without it significantly affecting the show.

I seriously doubt mods of any flavor will be able to ban anyone. On CB, its a "silenced" option and not a ban. Most pervs use the terms interchangeably when its not the same. The model is the only one that can kick a person from the room [aka-ban]. I would like the same on MFC actually. How many times have you girls had chat filled by some idiot that thinks squirting dick pics are what everyone wants to see? The silenced feature at Cb not only removes the emote/pic, but it also prevents the person from posting anything at all. As said before, how well it works does depend on the model and HER DECISION and she chooses for that position. With many it is simply a matter of being a reg that knows the girl and what she will accept vs being total strangers trying to white knight.

Reactions: goldenaye666

SoTxBob said:
I seriously doubt mods of any flavor will be able to ban anyone. On CB, its a "silenced" option and not a ban. Most pervs use the terms interchangeably when its not the same. The model is the only one that can kick a person from the room [aka-ban]. I would like the same on MFC actually. How many times have you girls had chat filled by some idiot that thinks squirting dick pics are what everyone wants to see? The silenced feature at Cb not only removes the emote/pic, but it also prevents the person from posting anything at all. As said before, how well it works does depend on the model and HER DECISION and she chooses for that position. With many it is simply a matter of being a reg that knows the girl and what she will accept vs being total strangers trying to white knight.
The room helper on MFC can hand out a 6 hour ban.

I believe they did this because a model's ignore is permanent.

Eep! Amber beat me... nothing to see here. do a ho-down!

I fail to see why this is necessary. Models can do the banning themselves, and prems can easily put any other prem on ignore. I agree that 5 million dick emotes is annoying, but as soon as I see 1 I put that guy on ignore. Problem solved. I shudder to think how this is going to create ever worse white knights.

Edit: So good to see this is an option only.

AmberCutie said:
The room helper on MFC can hand out a 6 hour ban.

I believe they did this because a model's ignore is permanent.

oh my.. this will be interesting. I know some large kind of wild rooms that are very polarized .. kind of like congress with the dems and rupubs. :lol:

JimsX said:
I fail to see why this is necessary. Models can do the banning themselves, and prems can easily put any other prem on ignore. I agree that 5 million dick emotes is annoying, but as soon as I see 1 I put that guy on ignore. Problem solved. I shudder to think how this is going to create ever worse white knights.

Edit: So good to see this is an option only.

For most rooms, I can see it not being very useful except on limited situations. For example, during a show it certainly can help, so the model can just enjoy herself. Or it can help if the model is uncomfortable dealing with trolls and prefers to have someone do it for her (either a regular or a significant other).

But with that said, I was thinking about this feature while walking home tonight - one thing I would suggest is that models that do opt to have a helper should publish on the profile the guidelines that the helper will follow. This can help with ensuring that the helper behaves as expected (since everyone knows the rules being enforced) and also can reduce the whining (via mail) from people being ignored/banned. (Edit: yes, I do realize I'm probably being optimistic here - I doubt trolls read profiles except for research on what topics to use to troll).

And I don't know if this is true or not, but I've seen someone come by a room warning that the helper function is currently bugged - that supposedly models can't see who the helper banned and she can't unban them (and neither can the helper).

Reactions: JimsX

weirdbr said:
For most rooms, I can see it not being very useful except on limited situations. For example, during a show it certainly can help, so the model can just enjoy herself. Or it can help if the model is uncomfortable dealing with trolls and prefers to have someone do it for her (either a regular or a significant other).

But with that said, I was thinking about this feature while walking home tonight - one thing I would suggest is that models that do opt to have a helper should publish on the profile the guidelines that the helper will follow. This can help with ensuring that the helper behaves as expected (since everyone knows the rules being enforced) and also can reduce the whining (via mail) from people being ignored/banned. (Edit: yes, I do realize I'm probably being optimistic here - I doubt trolls read profiles except for research on what topics to use to troll).

And I don't know if this is true or not, but I've seen someone come by a room warning that the helper function is currently bugged - that supposedly models can't see who the helper banned and she can't unban them (and neither can the helper).

I can already think of 4 likely room helpers who do not like me and will ban me. :lol:

I like your idea of models telling everyone who is a bannable offense. I admit it could be useful during shows.

Tried it out earlier, I really don't like how it only tells you you're a room helper and nothing more. The only hint I got was the little icon and "Room Helper" next to the topic and a link to set the topic.

A few important notes:

- /ban username worked beautifully, /unban does NOT. I got an error message saying that it was an unrecognized command.

- It doesn't auto-paste the current topic in the Set Topic field. You would have to copy it beforehand.

- I don't get why muting and I muting basics and guests was put in, one would think that the model usually does this beforehand.

I do like the function, though. It can be used to give w model a secondary countdown that's updated by a very trusted member, and means she won't have to keep track of things like having tops for flashes in there when the relevant clothes are already off.

Be careful for now, though.

weirdbr said:

This happened in I_Am_Iris room with a regular testing it. No one could unban him. Finally figured out if the model goes and ALSO bans him, THEN he shows up on her list and she can unban him.

Hopefully if it becomes to much of a problem. Mfc will remove this new change. I do not like the idea of a helper and don't see why they would want to add it as a feature. As far as I can tell, it has brought a lot of frustration with many models already. No one should have any control over the room besides the cam model. And that's how it should stay. Having a moderator added to the room could bring nothing but negativity. Typically when someone is out of line, you'll get 5-10 members requesting a ban anyways to let the model know that someone was disrespectful even if she missed it and then she can decide whether or not to ban the douche or not. Most members have the models back on mfc, but having the power of a moderator could possibly make a members head to big and get out of line and ruin a room.

Also for the countdown change, this also seemed unnecessary. I could see why it would come in handy for top models, but they typically always have a loyal regular that is updating the countdown on there own anyways when the model is to distracted by the room to focus on the countdown. And like steph said, I know plenty of models who do not count certain tips towards the countdown and now this feature will also cause more problems in the room. I have already seen tippers leave rooms because they get mad when they see how big some ninja tips are and how they are not being counted towards the count according to the model.

These two changes both need to disappear in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.