AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC crashes again

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoomer said:
AngelicTease said:
Does anyone else keep losing connection with the server?
The last few times I've gone on, within 10 minutes I get a error saying I've lost connection to the server and then I get logged out and have to log back in again.
All other cam sites work fine, it's just MFC I'm having problems with.
I go on the MFC home page and all other models are still logged in, so I'm guessing it's just me getting this problem, which sucks. :(

Sorry to say I'm glad to hear you get this too - mainly as it reassures a friend she isn't the only one (I'm not glad to hear it is happening, just that she's not the only one). I say that as you're not alone, one model "friend" in particular gets disconnected very regularly (about every 15 minutes), and hasn't been able to have a grp in the last week because of this (either dies when it hits 2, or within a few minutes of grp starting :( ). The other night she got 3 disconnections in 10 minutes at one point...

It's good to know I'm not being victimised by MFC haha. It's weird how it doesn't seem to happen to anyone else though, and only a few people, grr, not fair!

AngelicTease said:
Zoomer said:
AngelicTease said:
Does anyone else keep losing connection with the server?
The last few times I've gone on, within 10 minutes I get a error saying I've lost connection to the server and then I get logged out and have to log back in again.
All other cam sites work fine, it's just MFC I'm having problems with.
I go on the MFC home page and all other models are still logged in, so I'm guessing it's just me getting this problem, which sucks. :(

Sorry to say I'm glad to hear you get this too - mainly as it reassures a friend she isn't the only one (I'm not glad to hear it is happening, just that she's not the only one). I say that as you're not alone, one model "friend" in particular gets disconnected very regularly (about every 15 minutes), and hasn't been able to have a grp in the last week because of this (either dies when it hits 2, or within a few minutes of grp starting :( ). The other night she got 3 disconnections in 10 minutes at one point...

It's good to know I'm not being victimised by MFC haha. It's weird how it doesn't seem to happen to anyone else though, and only a few people, grr, not fair!
I get that too on occasion. Not the best!

[color=#0000B]Hey ya! Well hahha, im glad found a answers about crushingserver every 10 min "Server has restart" blah blah every 10 min sometimes its few times per 10 min, like log on an log off.... So im not the one, that cool to know, i though im the one that such a "Lucky" model... always crush in pvt,i losted damn alot of new and old people from my room... Sucks! i try log in from 3 diferent computers same shit.. :( then i though problem with Internet, coz it seems funny, when i have"reload camera" dissconect from MFC,i noticed my internet connections centr and i see i got dissconect from my internet for a sec then when click on Check Problem, internet back and with this i back my camera, but its on Vista one. whateva! I though there i have s some problems with IP idress or whateva matching with MFC one, coz it seems USA models dont have such a issues like me... i'm from Europe.
I wrote email on MFC support, they said they will check my problem, then i wrote again in 3 days, they said they keep looking at problem.... Why look at the problem? better fix it! Anyway i feel so damn... I always was outsider on MFC, from first day ... My room topic didnt work 6 month, then was all good, then start a problem, i never online on page, just some friends can noticed im online, and other people in a few month asked me Ohh where ya be been whole this time? Yeah, was here.... all teh time, but im just "Unlucky"haha. But whateva,I'm glad i found a some cool people who cheers me up!
Well... today the IT worker check whole my laptops, my connect, and he said all is perfect with all.... I didnt belive it ...coz its seems just with me.. but now i see its with some models too... WElll anyone know when they fix they shit? and whats goin on over there??? They dont care about the problems with software, but they proudly made some uptades on site, like hide the guests in chat and whateva other some uptades I call those uptades "Noonecare uptades" or "I'm bored, lets make some BS uptades" ! Anyway Love ya MFC but hey lets keep it reall, and fix those issues... Thank YOU c[/color] :crybaby: :handgestures-salute: :pray: :hello2: and lets make a :dance: for some cash !

Pervs_INC said:
No access to profiles now either :angry4:
Everything looks fine to me.

It's down. I'm pretty sure it's my fault, I came back from a show and saw Amber online and thought I would send her a private message celebrating the fact there hasn't been too many crashes for last few days. The instant I finished that thought, but before I had a chance to press send, MFC motherfucking crashed yo.

LovelyLemon said:
It's down. I'm pretty sure it's my fault, I came back from a show and saw Amber online and thought I would send her a private message celebrating the fact there hasn't been too many crashes for last few days. The instant I finished that thought, but before I had a chance to press send, MFC motherfucking crashed yo.

LMFAO!!!!!!! Chears for that lovelylemon. :-D

LovelyLemon said:

Nah, you just have fantastic timing. :lol:

LovelyLemon said:
Amy dun borked MFC.

I emailed support to say that I was fed up with the repeated crashes of MFC, and that i would not buy any more tokens until the issues are resolved - because without even hearing anything from MFC, I'm not even sure they're aware issues exist for most people.

The response I got about 5 minutes later was....

Please try the troubleshooting tips here:
http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Technical_Help

Katie
http://www.MyFreeCams.com
Email us at: Members@MyFreeCamsMail.com
99% of all questions and problems are answered here:
http://wiki.myfreecams.com/

Yeah, if they "know" about it then there's a simple company line about "issues" - try the wiki.
If I could be arsed to post a facepalm image, I would. People need to complain.

I finally got so pissed that I wrote them an email today. I realize they know about the issues, but ffs it's been TWO WEEKS!!!! FIX THEM!!! I had a guy try four times to take me pvt today and he couldn't get it to work and other guys were telling me that the feeds were going in and out. For those of us models who live off MFC we cannot afford to go for weeks without the site working!! I got super lucky this week that I ended up working during hours where the site wasn't crashing, but I really needed to work last night and today to make up for making jack the first week of the month since every time I worked the site was down. I wish they would give us 100% of the profits when MFC is crashing hardcore for weeks on end... at least then the issues would be fixed lickity-split :p

Response I got to my email:

"Trust us, no one likes issues with the site less than we do. We're working to correct the issue.

Thanks!"

Um... no, I think the models who aren't making money and killing their cam scores in the process hate it more. GRRRR...

Ack, somehow i posted it in the camscore thread????

Anyone still experiencing crashes? Not had any last night, which is very unusual...

I managed to go on last night and it didn't crash/kick me off at all, I was quite shocked. :eek:

Well, at least I don't feel bad about hiding in my warm cozy bed all AM then. Any idea how long MFC is going to be down this time? This is now 18 days (I think it started the last day of April, right?) of this bs. /sigh

I'm just wondering if some of the issues with MFC itself have been causing the cam lock ups I've been experiencing on my computer. I spent FOUR hours today having to do a complete system restore to a point two weeks ago, reinstall my antiviral software, full system scan and repair etc since I tried to log on to MFC this morning at 10 am BST and the software refused to co-operate and then mysteriously Norton went all screwy on me and wouldn't load after (as well as aforementioned cam fail). I'm starrting to realise that every time I have these kind of epic tech fails at my end it's after trying to log on to MFc during some kind of update or after a crash.

I'm just absolutely gobsmacked as well that they load untested software updates and just wait for the bugs to make themselves felt. Surely that's potentially damaging for anyone logging in to the software interface?? I'm not a techie genius but I would haved thought that auto software update downloads with bugs in can infect and crash any hardware that is linking up...(correct me if I'm wrong in my logic here folks)

Kittycatpurr said:
I'm just wondering if some of the issues with MFC itself have been causing the cam lock ups I've been experiencing on my computer. I spent FOUR hours today having to do a complete system restore to a point two weeks ago, reinstall my antiviral software, full system scan and repair etc since I tried to log on to MFC this morning at 10 am BST and the software refused to co-operate and then mysteriously Norton went all screwy on me and wouldn't load after (as well as aforementioned cam fail). I'm starrting to realise that every time I have these kind of epic tech fails at my end it's after trying to log on to MFc during some kind of update or after a crash.

I'm just absolutely gobsmacked as well that they load untested software updates and just wait for the bugs to make themselves felt. Surely that's potentially damaging for anyone logging in to the software interface?? I'm not a techie genius but I would haved thought that auto software update downloads with bugs in can infect and crash any hardware that is linking up...(correct me if I'm wrong in my logic here folks)

I had the same kind of issues with my cam freezing and not responding. Hmm me thinks your on to something :think:

Kittycatpurr said:
and then mysteriously Norton went all screwy on me and wouldn't load after

I have never had a good experience with Norton. Seriously. That's why I use Comodo Antivirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.